Dateless

I Will Crack You, Oh Sehun!

After 3 hours of listening to sad songs and a bucket of ice cream, you decided to get ready for work. You felt much better after eating your favorite chocolate chip ice cream. It’s been one week already since you started working at Bubble Paradise. You and Sehun were still at square one. You noticed that he only talks when he had been asked a question. You don’t even think he sees you as a friend. You sighed again for the 26984th time that day and walked into the shop.

 

“Oh! Hana-ah, Ahnyeong. You are early today.” Suho said as looked at his wrist watch.

 

“Ne, Oppa. I didn’t want to be alone at home.” You said and walked toward the employee room to change into your new uniform. Suho gave you a stylish skirt that was longer than your first uniform skirt. You  changed into your work uniform and walked out to see angry Sehun staring at you.

 

“What?” You asked.

 

He didn’t say anything, but continued to stare at you intensely. Since he wasn’t saying anything, you decided to walk away from him toward the cash register.

 

“What are you doing here?” You heard Sehun asked you coldly. He walked up to you and turned you around.

 

“Yah, Oh Sehun, What are you doing?”

 

“I’m asking you what you are doing here.” He said. He looked at you carefully as if checking for something.

 

“What do you mean? Of course, I’m working. Can’t you see?” You rolled your eyes.

 

“I heard you were sick. You should rest at home.” He said and averted his eyes.

 

“Why do you care?” You mumbled and walked to Suho who was making Bubble teas for the customers. Your heart was palpitating in your chest wildly. Was Sehun worried about you?

 

“Waitress, I would like to have an espresso bubble tea.” A familiar voice asked from the counter. You looked up and saw Kris smiling and waving at you.

 

“Kris, why are you here?” You asked.

 

“Not even saying Hi.” Kris chuckled at you.

 

“You know I love you. Why are you here and not at your basketball practice?” You asked while making his drink.

 

“I skipped practice because I heard what happened from Zinni. Are you okay?” He asked.

 

“I’m fine, Kris. Thanks for checking up on me, but you shouldn’t have skipped your practice. Don’t you have a game a day before homecoming?” You scolded Kris lightly.

 

“Yes. Oh and I was wondering... are you going to homecoming?” He asked.

 

“I don’t know, Kris. Why did you ask?” You asked and handed him the drink.

 

“If you are going...would you like to be my date?” He asked you. You knew Kris was just asking you as a friend. So, you didn’t take it seriously.

 

“hmm I don’t know..I’ll let you know, kay?” You replied.

 

“kay. Text me. I gotta go now. Bye, babe.” He winked at you and left the shop.

 

“OMo!” You jumped when you turned around. Sehun was a few inches away from you with a tray of bubble teas in his hand.

 

“Sehun-ah, you scared me.” You said as you place your hand over your chest.

 

“Are you going to homecoming with him?” He asked. His knuckles turned white from holding the tray too tight.

 

“I don’t think so. I don’t feel like going to the dance.” You said. You felt sad again since you remember that Sehun was gonna be there with his date.

 

“Why are not going?” He asked as he put down the tray. He looked somewhat...sad???

 

“The guy I like is going there with someone else.” You said while looking straight at him.

“Are you going?” You asked, pretending not to know anything.

 

“No.” He said. He looked a bit disapointed. Wait a minute….What? He’s not going?! What happened to his date???

 

“Why not?” You asked. You were mentally cheering in your head.

 

“My date doesn’t want to go to the dance, so I’m not going either.”