Be Honest

Life of Kai: Being Married to Kim Jongin

You wake up with Kai’s strong arms holding you closely to his body. He’s singing softly, and you smile up at him. He really looks like an angel, and you’re excited you’ll be able to spend the rest of your life waking up to the boy next to you. He sees that you’ve woken up, and gently your arm with his fingers and tingles course up your spine. You gingerly kiss the scar on his chest from his heart surgery, and run your hand over his abs and give him another soft kiss for good measure.

 

“How long have you been up?” you ask him kissing his neck softly.

 

“Oh, since like 6. I usually wake up pretty early, but I was perfectly happy just letting you sleep,” he says sweetly in his sleepy voice you love so much.

 

You tell him you’ll go back breakfast, and you head off to the kitchen to make some chicken for breakfast. Kai has a chicken obsession you’ll never fully understand, but you love chicken too, so you’re okay with it. Kai heads off to the shower and you happily busily move around the kitchen. Kai comes out of the bathroom, wearing a gray shirt and blue skinny jeans. You smile at him and show him the chicken you made. His face lights up and he twirls you around, giving you another kiss.

 

“Wow, you’re perfect. Mrs. Kim,” he says with a smirk. You grin at him and place the food on the table. You watch as your husband devours the plate of chicken in front of him, and you snort.

 

“Hungry?” you ask, amused.

 

“I worked up an appetite,” he says innocently but with a y and irresistible tone.

 

“Hm, I’m sure you did.”

 

“Yeah. So, my beautiful wife, would it be okay if I went to see my hyungs and Sehun today? They’ve been calling me nonstop,” he says with an uneasy laugh.  You quickly agree, grateful to get to see your SNSD friends and spend some time with some other girls.

 

You clear breakfast and head off to meet with your SNSD while Kai leaves to see EXO.

                                                                                   

As soon as you arrive at Yoona’s house, all of SNSD yanks you inside to ask about EVERYTHING.

 

 

“______________-ah you’re MARRIED!!! HOW DOES IT FEEL!?”

 

“How was your wedding night??? Hehehehe.”

 

“WAS IT THE HAPPIEST DAY OF YOUR LIFE?”

 

Questions keep coming at you and you answer them all honestly. You’re happier than you’ve ever been in your life, and for the first time you think everything’s going to be okay all in all. Kai makes you feel beautiful, happy, and brings out the best in you at all times. He really makes you better. You can’t imagine life without him, and you feel like even forever isn’t enough time with him.

 

----------------Three Hours Later------------------

 

You go home, and can’t wait to see your husband again. You pull out the key to your own apartment, and smile. You realize the door is already unlocked, and you decide that Kai must be home already, and your heart skips a beat.

 

The second you walk in, you realize something’s a little off. The air smells of alcohol, and Kai’s lying on the couch with an open bottle of beer in his hand.

 

“Hey, beautiful lady,” he greets you tiredly sounding.

 

“Jongin…why are you drinking..?” you ask with a frown.

 

“It’s just one beer, _____________. It’s fine.”

 

You don’t think it really is fine, because he never drinks and swore he wouldn’t get started a little while back.

 

“How was your visit with SNSD?” he asks, trying to change the subject.

 

“It was fun,” you say, still put off by the fact he was drinking a beer. You go up behind him and give him a shoulder rub.

 

“How was your visit with EXO?” you ask, massaging his back muscles caringly.

 

He hesitates. “It was..great!” he says, and you can tell something’s wrong.

 

“Jongin...you’re my husband and if something’s wrong then I want you to tell me,” you say running your hand through your hair.

 

“_________, I’m fine,” he says sounding annoyed. “If I say it’s okay, it’s okay and you don’t need to get my case about it.”

 

You take a step away from him. He never talks to you like that.

 

“Okay.” You walk away, hurt at his blatant disregard for your feelings and the fact he would tell you to not “get on his case.”

 

“____________-ah,” Kai calls after you, and you can tell he feels bad. “_____________, come back, jagiya,” he says pleadingly. “I’m sorry. That was mean.”

 

You hesitantly walk back towards his sweet voice, and he stands up slowly and gives you one of his flawless hugs. He wraps his arm around you, rests his chin on top of your head, (his height is perfect for you) and you take in his spicy scent and feel the warmth of his body all around you. Just one of his hugs makes you feel like everything really is okay.

 

You still can’t quite shake the feeling that he’s not alright, though. He keeps you in his protective hug for a while until he eventually lets you go.

 

“____________, don’t worry so much,” he says your hair. “We’re going to be fine because we can get through anything with each other, right?”

 

You nod and you and Kai decide to start working on schoolwork together. You love Kai, and the thought of anything being wrong in his world makes you sad and worried. He can’t just tell you to stop worrying about him, because since you love him so much, you’ll never not worry about him. The world is tough to live in, and you just wish he knew that he can tell you anything and you’ll be there for him.

 

“We haven’t known each other very long,” you realize.

 

“Yeah, you’re right. It feels like I’ve known you forever though,” he says with a sweet smile.

 

“Yeah. Do we know a lot about each other?”

 

“Well I know you love singing, hate bees, your favorite color is the blue of the Caribbean Sea which you’re pissed can’t be replicated. You love noodles of any shape, size, and flavor, except ravioli. You HATE ravioli. You’re terrified of spiders, you hate math, you like writing, you want a horse and two puppies, you want 2 or 3 kids when you’re older with a son that’s the oldest. You wish you could teleport because you hate plane rides, you don’t like animal fur clothes, your favorite ice cream flavor is chocolate, you love your mom, you miss your dad, and I love you with my whole existence.”

 

You’re shocked he remembers things you think is just stupid and pointless whenever you say them. He gives you a comforting squeeze on the shoulder.

 

“Don’t worry, ______-ah, we know each other. You can’t set an allotted time for love, right?”

 

“Right,” you confirm.

 

He stares at you straight in the eye for a couple lingering seconds.

 

“I’m sorry I already haven’t been the best husband—“

 

You cut him off.

“No you are the best husband because you’re MY husband. No matter what you do I’ll love you, and I mean nothing you do can get rid of my love. Just…please be honest with me.”

 

He sighs, and looks at you a little longer, wordlessly. He then tucks a piece of your hair behind your ear, and heads off to go to the school’s practice room, one of his favorite places in the world.

 

You’re still pretty worried. He’s not fully being himself. What could be wrong?