The Storm

Life of Kai: Being Married to Kim Jongin

Two Months of Laying Low Later...

 

"Hey babe," Kai greets you as you walk into the living room, with a massive headache. "How ya feeling?" 

 

"Pretty crappy, to be honest," you groan. 

 

"Aww..I'm sorry jagiya," he says, standing up from the couch and walking over to you. He pulls you into a comforting hug, and you take in his scent that you love so much. 

 

"It's not your fault," you sigh, giving him a little peck on the lips.

 

"Well it kinda is," he laughs. "I'm the one that knocked you up." You roll your eyes and and rush over to the refrigerator, wanting nothing more in life than a glass of banana milk and a big bowl of chocolate ice cream. 

 

"We don't have ice cream left," you tell Kai. You stare at the freezer with shock and horror consuming your entire being.

 

"Um...Are you okay?" Kai looks at the scary expression on your face.

 

"I... need it!" You say, feeling like crying.

 

"Oh," he says wide eyed. "O...okay, I'll go get some." You watch as your husband scurries off and you chug down banana milk. You feel your growing stomach tenderly, and you walk over to a mirror to look. You're about five months along. You're over the half way point, and you have a doctor appointment scheduled for that day to find out the of your baby. You smile, feeling the baby kick. 

 

"You just can't wait to meet mommy and daddy, can you?" You smile and your stomach affectionately. The phone rings, and you walk over to pick it up. 

 

"Hello?" 

 

"Hi..._________-ah..." you hear your close friend Yoona's voice over the phone. 

 

"Hey Yoona," you greet her pleasantly. She doesn't call very often. "What's going on?" 

 

"Um...are you doing okay?" she asks quietly. 

 

"Yeah... The baby and I are doing great," you tell her happily.

 

"Oh...you haven't seen it yet....God, I'm stupid," she gasps on the other side of the phone line.

 

"Seen what?" You ask, brow furrowed, confused. 

 

"Just...look up Kai on the internet or something..." she says quickly hanging up. You put the phone down, confused and you shakily walk over to the computer, typing Kai's name into the search engine.

 

Immediately, pictures of a boy who looks a lot like Kai from the back and a girl who is NOT you pop up. You stare, still confused. You fllip through and see a picture where you unmistakenably recognize your husband's face. A guy who is defintely Kim Jongin is kissing another girl. Some pretty pale girl with a perfectly small face and flawless, clear double eyelids. Rage, hurt, and sadness immediately rush through you. 

 

Kai is cheating on you? The one who promised he'd never love anyone but you and your child? The one who swore always and forever? The boy you married? The man he became when you two went through harship? The one who gave up his lifelong dream to be a good husband and father? Kim Jongin? The love of your life didn't find you good enough? The man of your dreams decided you aren't enough?

 

Each question you ask yourself feels like a physical stab in the heart, and you sink to the ground, pain reaching your very soul. This pain is different than the sadness that you felt when he left for his heart transplant. This pain makes you feel worthless, stupid, and betrayed.

 

Betrayal. The worst kind of pain. You grab your hair and curl into a ball, sobbing violently, pain coursing through you while you rock back and forth shakily, unable to stop crying.

 

 

~~~

 

 

Kai's POV:

Poor __________, Kai thinks fondly, I wish she wouldn't be in pain from this pregnancy. It'll be worth it when our baby is born. I can't wait to find out if it's a boy or girl. Whatever they are, I'll love him or her with everything I have.

 

Kai reaches the check out counter at the store, and glances outside and sees it has started to pour rain. Kai sighs, and looks at the stupid gossip magazines at the check out line. He stares, stunned.

 

"," Kai says loudly. People around him stare disapprovingly. On the front cover, he sees a picture of him kissing Krystal. 

 

"I am so screwed. Goddamn media storm," he says, horrified. He quickly pays for the ice cream and jumps in the car, praying his wife hasn't seen anything yet, in hopes of being able to explain what seems unexplainable. 

 

 

 

~~~

 

 

Your POV:

Your tears fall faster and faster and you hear the rain outside, and can't help but cry even harder. 

Why? The question keeps plaguing you and you sobs rack your body even more. You don't even hear Kai come in. You see his figure in the doorway, and you look up, eyes red and puffy. 

 

"Go." Your voice is deadly and cold.

 

"_________, please. I can explain," Kai pleads with you.

 

"No. Get out." You don't want to hear his voice right now. Stupid voice of a betraying, infidel husband. 

 

"____________. I need you to listen to me," Kai says, kneeling down next to you. You stand up and he stands up with you. 

 

"I want you out of this apartment. I do NOT want to see your face, and I do not want to hear bull explanations. There's nothing to explain!" You yell at him, and he flinches. 

 

"I can promise you it's not what it looks like," he says trying to find the right words. You won't give him the chance to.

 

"IS IT BECAUSE I'M GETTING FAT?" You yell at him, punching him in the chest. He takes your punches with his head down. "NEWSFLASH: IT'S BECAUSE I'M PREGNANT WITH OUR CHILD. IT IS BECAUSE I DON'T FEEL LIKE HAVING ALL THE TIME? NEWSFLASH: IT'S BECAUSE I'M TRIED AND I FEEL DISGUSTING BECAUSE I'M PREGANT WITH OUR CHILD. I'm sorry I can't be a ing perfect wife because I'm ING PREGNANT." You screech, still crying.

 

"You're overreacting," he says quietly. "I already told you it's not what you think.

 

"A picture is worth a thousand words," you yell more. "I. AM. NOT. OVERREACTING." You punch his chest with each word. He continues to take your punches, as they don't hurt him very much. 

 

"Please," he says simply, looking into your swollen eyes. 

 

"If you won't get the out, I will," you spit, storming out the door. You hear Kai close behind you, and you end up outside in the pouring rain. Kai grabs your arm, and pulls you into a hug, and you feel the warmth of his body.

 

"Please," he says again. You yank away from him and try to get into the car. You don't have the keys. 

 

"Give me the keys, Kim Jongin," you glare. 

 

"No," he says simply, pushing wet hair out of his face. He doesn't know the right words to use, so he hasn't tried explaining very well. He tucks a wet strand of your hair behind your ear.

 

"Fine," you yell, slapping his hand away from you. " you." You take off down the street, and Kai tries to follow but gets stopped by a giant group of fangirls.

 

"We'll kiss you too, Kai-oppa!" 

"We're not your wife either so you can kiss us too?" 

"Oppa, we saw what you did, you bad boy."

 

"Get away from me!" Kai yells, trying to find you frantically. 

 

You begin to cross the street, and you can barely see through the downpour. Suddenly, you notice a pair of lights and hear the screeching of tires and you scream as you feel the crushing weight of a car collide into your body.

 

 

Everything is black.