The Wedding: Part 1

Life of Kai: Being Married to Kim Jongin

You and Kai’s lives at school are pretty normal, for being engaged in high school and all. You continue going to all your classes like you always had and everything is pretty standard. You and Kai walk with EXO and Taeyeon and Tiffany and pick up Key’s gossip column just for fun.

 

THE PROPOSAL

In case you’ve been living under a rock or something, EXO’s Kai and SNSD’s newest member ___________ are now engaged. Kim Jongin proposed at SM High’s first dance, which, by the way was courtesy of the one and only SHINEE’s Key.

We would like to wish Kai and _________ the best of luck, and we cannot wait for the wedding, which is supposedly scheduled to be rather soon, because of the fact no one can contain their excitement.

Try to top that, any other gossip column that might try to take over. We have ALL the juicy news. Stay tuned for more details!

 

Kai snorts and you snicker as you head off to your class together.

 

“___________-ah,” Taeyeon looks at you wide eyed, “I can’t believe this is happening! When’s the wedding?? Am I invited?” she looks so excited and innocent you can’t help but play out the next thing you want to say.

 

“Oh…Taeyeon-ah…About the wedding… I don’t think I can INVITE you…” Taeyeon’s face falls and she looks crushed beyond belief. You instantly feel bad, but get excited for her reaction to what you’re going to say next.

 

“I can’t INVITE you, because I’m afraid I’m going to have to DEMAND that you come, because I need a maid of honor and I think I’m going to have to ask you to be my maid of honor…”

 

Taeyeon smiles sadly and nods, not processing what you had just said. Realization dawns on her.

 

“REALLY???? YOU MEAN IT???” she squeals, more excited than you’ve ever seen her, which is truly saying something, talking about Taeyeon. “OF COURSE I WILL!!! I’LL DO ANYTHING FOR THE WEDDING! OH, _______-AH, THANK YOU SO MUCH I’M SO EXCITED!!!!!”

 

Kai snickers from across the hall and you see him leaning coolly against the wall you’d first encountered him at.

“Of course, Taeyeon! There’s no one I’d rather have be my maid of honor.” You give her a big smile and she jumps up and down and gives you a huge hug.

 

“THIS IS THE HAPPIEST DAY OF MY LIFE,” Taeyeon says, tears in her pretty eyes.

 

You walk over to Kai with a coy grin on your face.

 

“Hey there handsome, haven’t seen YOU around here before.”

 

“Yeah…” Kai smirks, pushing you up against the wall. “Haven’t pushed YOU up against a wall before.”

 

You laugh, remembering the first time you met he’d said those words to you. You’d tripped over him accidentally and ended up getting shoved against the wall. You never thought you’d be engaged to the devilishly handsome boy who you fell over.

 

He gently kisses your cheek and then your forehead and pulls you into tight hug.

 

“So, quick question. When, exactly, ARE we getting married anyway…?” Kai looks at you, amused.

 

“How about…this weekend?” you say sheepishly.

 

“Wow. You’re excited, huh?” he grins widely. “I’d love to.”

 

 

---------------------The Wedding Day-------------------

 

You and Kai are probably the worst bride and groom in the history of the world, but thankfully you have two of the greatest high school wedding planners as your best man and maid of honor. Kai had asked Taemin to be his best man, as the two have grown even closer the past few weeks. He didn’t want to have to choose between all of his EXO brothers, so he chose a non-EXO member to avoid snubs and hurt feelings. They all understand.

Taeyeon and Taemin had been hard at work all week, preparing for the wedding you and Kai decided to slap together last minute. You really just want to be his wife as soon as possible, and you don’t need fancy dresses, venues, or flowers for that to happen.

 

Taeyeon and Taemin, however, never would allow your wedding to go on without the prettiest and most elegant decorations and foods in existence.

 

You wear a beautiful white dress that belonged to Taeyeon’s sister who had been married years ago. Tiffany and Yuri do wonders on your makeup, and you’re glad to have all of SNSD as your beautiful bridesmaids. They’re dressed in pale pink, and Kai’s groomsmen had black suits with a pretty pink flower in the pocket. You can’t wait to see Kai.

 

Looking flawless, you sigh, wishing your appa and umma could be there together to see their only daughter get married. Disappointment lingers like a cloud on what should be the happiest day of your life when you decide your mom probably won’t be coming to your wedding.

 

Just as the thought crosses your mind, you hear a knock on the door.

 

“__________-ah…It’s your umma.”  You hear the familiar and greatly missed voice of your mother through the door. You begin to cry and you run to the door and fly into her arms.

 

“Umma, I knew you’d come,” you say, unable to hold back the tears.

 

“Yeah.. .I’m so sorry, _________. I’m so sorry my beautiful daughter.” She starts crying as well, and you try to make yourself stop so you can still look nice.

 

“You’re beautiful, daughter. So beautiful. I brought you something,” she says, choking on her tears at the sight of you in your wedding dress. Your mom pulls out a dainty silver tiara veil, the one you always dreamed of having as a child.

 

“You and Kai are right. I can’t judge love. Love isn’t something anyone can ever judge. It’s between two people, and no one can ever know the feeling that another has.”

 

You hold the tiara tenderly, and your mom helps you put it on.

 

“Your fiancée is waiting,” she says with a tearful smile, and you give her another big hug.

 

“Umma…Can you get Sehun?” you ask, remembering something important.

 

“Of course.”

 

Sehun walks in a few minutes later, confused.

 

“Oppa,” you say, “my…my appa is no longer with us. Will you…” you start to choke up again, cursing yourself for getting so emotional again. Whatever. It’s an emotional day. “Will you walk me down the aisle…?” you ask, hopefully. Your mom smiles with tears running down her face.

 

“Of course, ___________. Anything for my little sister,” Sehun says with a tearful smile.

 

Taeyeon walks in.

 

“Oh……___________-ah….You’re….you’re so beautiful.” Taeyeon too, starts bawling, and soon everyone is crying their eyes out.

 

After composing yourselves, your half of the wedding party gets ready to make the walk down the aisle.

Your venue is a beautiful garden, with a white carpet for you to walk on in a field of beautiful green grass and perky flowers all over.

 

You walk down the carpet, arm in arm with Sehun, and you see Kai standing, tears in HIS eyes as well with Taemin next to him, smiling widely. You see EXO standing up there, and all of them have tears trailing down their faces as well. Chanyeol’s smile, as always, is the biggest and he looks like a complete babo. You love that babo. You laugh a little, and focus back on Kai.

 

He looks like the epitome of perfection in his black tuxedo, his hair styled in the way you love the most, and his eyes bright and filled with emotion as he sees you striding towards him. Everything disappears.

The priest begins the ceremony as you gaze into each other’s eyes.

 

“_________-ah, when I first met you I knew you were special. They say that love is the most powerful thing in the world, and I really do believe that. Our love can conquer anything. We’ll never have to be apart, because love is one of the only things without an expiration date in this world that’s always changing…” His voice cracks with emotion and he tries to stop himself from crying more.

“You’re the reason I keep going, you know. You’re the reason I have the will to get up when I fall.  I’m so happy to live knowing that you’re there for me every day, and you understand me so well.  The worst days I’ve had with you in my life are better than the best days I’ve had without you. I want nothing more than to be able to call you mine the rest of my life, and for us to have a family and grow old together. I love you, ________-ah, and I will always and forever, no matter what happens.”

 

You don’t know how you can just say your vow after that profession of love that touched you in your very heart and soul. You don’t cry out of happiness ever. The only times you have in your life have been concerning Kai.

 

“Jongin…I never really realized the definition of love until I met you. That funny feeling I always got? Well that was love for you. The way I thought about you every second of every day? Love. The way that the smallest things you do bring happiness to my heart? That’s love. What is love? Love is the feeling I had for you that day I thought I would lose you. I knew I could never live my life without you. I know that without you, I’ll be nothing. I finally know what love is. Love is you. Your laugh, your smile, your hugs, kisses, words. Your caring heart, your ability to put those you care about first, and everything about your good soul. That’s love. You're MY definition of love. I love everything about you, and I will, always and forever. This I swear today.”

 

The whole garden is silent, as if even the bugs and birds don’t dare speak in fear of ruining a perfect moment. There isn’t a dry eye in the garden, and everyone is silently tearful, waiting for what comes next. The priest utters the words that everyone holds their breaths during.

 

“If any man can show just cause, why they may not lawfully be joined together, let him now speak, or else hereafter forever hold his peace.”

 

Everyone glances around, praying no one screws up this perfect wedding.

 

Of course, nothing can be perfect.

 

“I OBJECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”