ExoExo

Life of Kai: Being Married to Kim Jongin

exo-exo-k-exo-m-kai-Favim.com-513135.jpg

Your heart beats with anticipation as the lights dim and the announcer's voice booms over the loudspeaker.

"And now we present the new hopeful group Exo, featuring members Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Sehun, Kai, Suho, and D.O! They will be performing their origonal songs Peter Pan, Let Out the Beast, and Growl in that order. Give it up for EXO!!!!" 

 

You cheer widly, and the lights focus on the six boys you admire so much who occupy the stage. 

The girls around you squeal because they are by far the best looking group who have been showcased yet. They stand in a line, and you're overwhelmed with pride. You know how hard they've worked, and how big this moment is for all of them.

 

The girls around you see 6 handsome boys singing a cute song. You see six of your heroes, no matter how cheesy that may seem. Kai looks straight at you as he sings, and his voice and his expression makes you feel all warm inside. His gaze meets yours with pure admiration, and they finish up their first song. Everyone cheers, not used to this new kind of music. It's pretty unique from what everyone else sang.

 

Let Out the Beast comes on, and all the boys' intense gazes rest on you. They're all nervous, you can tell. They all glance at you once in a while, liking to see a familiar face in the crowd. 

While they sing the song, you can't help but blush and remember all the nights you and Kai spent together when he seduced you by whispering lyrics from the song to you. Kai knows it too, and he smirks at you from up on stage. His rap part comes on, and you feel like you're going to explode.

 

Finally, their grand finale of Growl begins to play, and they absolutely stun the audience. People scream and cheer loudly, and are transfixed by their skilled choreography, beautiful voices, and y rapping. You're stunned too. Seeing your boys go all out and performing their souls out makes you feel weak in the knees and proud beyond belief.

 

At the end, people stand up and cheer louder than you thought they should be able to. Judges glance around, and look at the boys, impressed.

The spectators all see six dangerously charismatic, y, talented, and promising performers who no doubt have the potential to wow the world. 

 

You, however, see six charismatic, dorky, y, weird, talented, and ridiculous yet promising performer-goofballs plus the love of your life.

 

Kai gazes at you again, chest rising and falling quickly from passionate dancing. He winks, and the lights go dim.

 

 

Girls scurry to the back of the building, hoping to meet and take pictures with them, wanting to be their "first fans." You get granted backstage access, as they requested, and you can't help but feel a little protective over them.

 

You've seen the way some fans can be, and you hope no crazy fans will ever torment your husband and five honorary brothers.

 

All of Exo rushes up to you, and pull you into a sweaty, Exo sandwich. Normally, you would be disgusted, but you're so proud of them, you accept it.

 

"Great performance guys, everyone adored it. I'm so proud of you all," you tell them, giving them each a little hug. 

"Thanks for being here, ___________. Honestly, without you I don't think we would've gotten through the performance without dying of nerves," D.O tells you kindly.

 

"Yeah, I agree!" says Chanyeol with a wild-eyed grin.

 

"Me too!" says Suho with an angelic grin.

 

"Me threeeeeee," Kai mocks them, and you roll your eyes. 

 

"You..." you point at Kai harshly. You laugh as you see the alarmed look on his face. 

 

"Huh?" He looks at you, wide eyed and intimidated. 

 

"YOU need to be more careful not to be so Y, because I didn't like the way all those girls looked at you," you look up at him innocently.

 

"Eurgh," groans Sehun, repulsed, as Exo retreats to give you more alone time with Kai.

 

"Oh, does my attractiveness make you feel threatened?" Kai smirks, still on top of the world from his performance. 

"Yes," you admit bluntly.

 

"Aww, baby don't talk like that," Kai holds your chin and gives you a little peck on the lips. "I wuuuuuv you," he says innocently, his big brown puppy dog eyes locked onto yours. 

 

"Oh alright babo, let's get going. Wanna go out to eat?" you offer. "We can bring the others too."

Kai nods, and you grab the others and step outside. The girls who watched the performance scream when they see them, and your friends and husband stop dead, stunned. Sure, girls at school have stared at them when they walk by, they've gotten a ton of female attention. They are not, however, used to people putting cameras in their faces and begging for pictures and signatures. You can't help but feel jealous that the girls are really REALLY into Kai.

 

They try to get to as many of the new fangirls as possible, but are very tired and eventually politely head off. You all meet at a local ramen shop and sit down, exhausted. You and the boys slurp your ramen peacefully, and you flip through your phone a little. 

 

"Guys..." you say staring at your screen in disbelief. "You've gone viral. People love you..." 

Exo all stands up and huddles next to your chair, looking at the kind words and obsessing fangirls reviewing their performance. 

 

"Unbelievable," Kai says excitedly. "It's only been two hours..." 

 

"Word travels fast," Suho shrugs.

"That's crazy..." says Baekhyun, dreamily.

 

After your rather wordless meal, you and Kai and Exo part ways. In a quietly peaceful car ride home, you roll down the windows. You enjoy the silent time you can spend with just Kai and the calm night air. 

 

"Life is perfect," Kai says sleepily. 

"I really am so proud of you, Jongin," you tell him sincerely. 

"Good, because I pour my heart in it because of you," he says, still sounding very tired. 

 

You reach home, and you're surprised by what you see.

A group of girls huddles, waiting for you, and scream when they see Kai. They run up to him, and stick their phones in his face, trying to take a picture of your handsome husband they'd seen on the internet and found the address of.

 

"What the hell," you mutter. 

 

"Um, thank you for your support, but I am very tired. I'm going to go to bed now. Goodnight!" Kai says awkwardly and they all "awwww" really loudly and in synch. 

He looks at you and shrugs and you finally make it home, ignoring the screams of girls asking "WHO IS SHE?" They're referring to you, of course, but Kai doesn't know what to do about his newfound fame, and frankly neither do you.