Showtime

Life of Kai: Being Married to Kim Jongin

 

378452-exo-kai.png

 

 

~Two Weeks Later~

 

"Today's the day, _______!" Kai bolts upright in your bed and pats your head enthusastically.

 

"W...wha--" you sleepily rub your eyes, glancing at the clock. 5:21. 

 

"Oh. Sorry. I woke you up early," Kai looks over at you from his side of the bed wth apoligetic eyes. You smile and focus on your husband.

 

"Today's.....your showcase isn't it!?" you remember, excited for him. He and EXO have been preparing for this music and dance competition for years, and today some of the top recruiting agencies in all of Korea will be viewing their performances to see if they deserve singing onto a company. (Note: yes I know this isn't how it works.)

 

"You remembered," gushes Kai, adoration in his eyes. 

 

"Of course I did, babo," you chuckle, giving him a quick peck on the lips. "You've been talking about it nonstop for the longest time." Kai looks down shyly after your kiss, and you laugh at him again.

 

"Sorry, jagiya," he says, making random shapes with his finger on your arm.

 

"It's okay. I think it's cute how you get all embarassed when I give you a little kiss," you giggle.

 

"Hey, it's only because you surprise me!" he says defensively, with a little laugh you love so much.

 

"Really?" you raise your eyebrows.

 

"Plus you're pretty damn hot," he says with his familiar Kim Jongin smirk. He leans over and gives you a long, slow, and most enjoyable kiss on the lips.

 

"Why are you so good at this?" you ask him as you smile into the kiss.

 

"Practice makes perfect," he smirks, jokingly.

 

"YAH!!!! You make it sound like you learned it as a class or something." You smack his arm lightly, and get out of bed and go in front of the mirror. You notice the reflection of your husband walking up behind you. Kai wraps his arms around your waist, and whispers softly in your ear.

 

"You're pretty good at it too. I've trained you well. Are you sleeping with your teacher?" Kim Jongin's reflection smirks again, and he brushes your hair to one side. You see yourself and your god of a husband in the mirror. You gulp.

 

His plump, soft lips come in contact with your exposed neck, and you shiver. 

 

"Jongin, don't tease me. You have focusing to do," you whine.

 

"But I love to....focus....on my wife," he whispers as you feel his breath and lips gently playing with the skin on your neck. You feel every hair on your body stick up as your husband shamelessly and effectively seduces you. 

 

"Ugh, you win." You turn around and wrap your arms around his neck, jumping up and wrapping your legs around his hips. He kisses you back, and smirks into the kiss as your body temperature feels like the temperature of the sun and your heart starts pumping faster and faster.

 

"I love you, _________. You're the only one I ever look at," he lays you on your bed, and looks into your eyes, passion ignited in his own eyes. He takes in the sight of you, and you can't help but just stare at the intense sight of your husband. 

 

"I love you too. You're gonna do great today," you tell him, words difficult to squeeze out. 

 

"You're my inspiration." He crawls on top of you, and kisses you as you feel like you're being taken to heaven everytime he touches any part of your body.

 

 

"Showtime," he smirks in a seductive whisper.

 

 

8:30 A.M:

 

"Ready to go yet?" you call out to Kai as you put the finishing touches on your makeup and as he throws on a comfortable shirt to do some last minute dance practice with the rest of Exo in. Exo's performance isn't until 6:30, but they have lots of preparation to do. All of Exo pleaded with you to come and be there with them during their rehearsing and last minute editing, so you agreed. You're in a pretty red dress with flawless makeup, since this is an important and fancy event. Too bad you have to stay perfect looking all day. 

 

"Yeah, let's go," says Kai, looking relaxed and ready. 

 

You walk to the car together, and you feel very excited for him. Making it big has been a huge dream of his for his whole life, and now he has the chance to prove himself and his talents to the world. He looks you up and down with admiration, and lets out a long, slow whistle.

 

"Damn, my wife is hot." He grabs your hand lovingly, and you walk out of your apartment together. You stay silent for the car ride, and Kai listens to music on his iPod while you drive. You understand that he's not blowing you off, but mentally praparing himself for his performance. You can't help but feel a little uneasy upon remembering how he had collapsed during the last time he was on stage performing. 

 

He has a new heart now, so he'll be fine, you tell yourself. You glance uneasily at your husband next to you, and he looks focused and intense. 

 

Such a beautiful boy, you think fondly.

 

Finally, your reach the venue where Exo will be performing. You hold Kai's arm as you walk in, and he takes a deep breath upon seeing the giant theater he's to be performing in. 

 

"Hi Kai," greets Baekhyun cheerily. "Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn, ______________, you look FINE."

 

Kai lets out a protective little growl and you can't help but laugh.

 

"Yah, Kai, leave the growling for the performance," Suho laughs. You laugh with him, as a song Exo will be performing is one caled "Growl." 

 

"Mine," Kai growls again, pulling you close to him protectively. 

 

"Yeah yeah yeah we know," Baekhyun rolls his eyes teasingly. Let's go, the others are in the practice room. 

 

 

You spend the next 4 hours watching them work meticulously on each dance step. Growl is perfection itself, in your opinion. Another song they'll be singing is one called Peter Pan, which they didn't add too much choreography too, but their vocal and rapping talents were showcased, and you love it. The last song on their playlist is "Let Out the Beast," which you adore as well. You think they all sound really y, and Kai often uses lines from it to try to seduce you.

He usually succeeds.

 

Okay he always succeeds.

 

6:15 P.M:

 

Finally, Exo is prepared to go onstage.

 

You get a few minutes alone with Kai right before he goes on.

 

"This is it, _________. A moment I've been waiting for forever." Your usually confident husband shows a nervous, doubtful side of himself. 

 

"Hey. You've been working hard. You all have. You're gonna go out there, you're gonna wow all the spectators, and they're all going to see how talented you all really are. I believe in you, Jongin," you say, giving him a supportive hug.

He looks down into your eyes, and smiles widely. 

"You know, I mean it when I say you're my inspiration. Everything I do is for you. When I'm dance, I think of you. When I sing, I think of you. I love you so much. Nothing that happens tonight will change that. Hell, nothing that happens EVER will change that." You smile up at him as he speaks to you with honest words.

 

"I'm so proud to call you my husband. Go get em, tiger," you punch him teasingly and lightly on the arm and he leans down, holding both of your hands, and gives you a kiss.

 

"For you," he gives you one more kiss on the forehead, and scurries off to find the rest of Exo.

 

 

 

 

"Showtime," you whisper.