Guilt

Life of Kai: Being Married to Kim Jongin

"Yeah, ________, it's a girl. We're having a daughter," Kai looks into your eyes with adoration, and lovingly tucks a piece of hair behind your ear. You start to cry, the fact that your baby girl is in danger because of your argument with your husband making tears spring into your eyes. 

Why is your marriage so difficult? Why can't everything go right?

 

"We're having a girl," you say outloud, amazed. Suddenly, unfair anger overtakes you. Stupid hormones might be the cause of the destruction of your marriage.

 

"And you endangered her," you say in a deadly calm voice.

 

"W...what?" Kai's guilt all comes rushing back to him, and he looks down. "That isn't fair, __________..." he trails off, feeling like it IS his fault. 

 

"If you had told me about that sooner, none of this would have happened. I don't need someone like you around my daugther," you yell at him, and he silently takes it. You don't know why you're being so cruel, but all of your hormomes from the pregnancy, pain from the accident, plus the fact that you feel too guilty to blame yourself makes you jab unfair accusations at your husband who does nothing but love and care for you. Kai stands up slowly, looking pained. 

 

"You should have trusted me," he says defeatedly. "But if you honestly think this is all my fault, I have no words to say to you." Kai walks out, feeling instanly horrible about himself.

 

I can't believe I just did that, you think to yourself, mentally punching yourself. Those words were so untrue and so uneccesary. There's no one to blame but myself. How can he forgive me for saything things like that? 

 

 

 

~~~

 

 

 

Kai's POV:

 

I can't believe she just said that, Kai thinks to himself numbly walking into the waiting room. I already feel ty enough about myself and my decisions and she uses words that feel like saltwater in an open wound... I can't do this anymore. 

 

Exo stands up quickly seeing Kai, and asks how you're doing.

 

"She's gonna make it. The baby is alive but might be born with defects, and I don't know how much longer I can do this marriage thing," Kai says, walking out of the hospital into the pouring rain to the shock and horror of his friends. 

 

She's right. It's my fault, Kai thinks, cold and numb but feeling the cold rain run over his body. Sehun runs after him.

 

"Yah! Kai! What the hell do you mean you don't know how much longer you can do this?! That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. You know you can't live without her," Sehun pleads with Kai, trying to reason with him.

 

"She doesn't trust me, Sehun. She doesn't think I'd be faithful and she says all of this is my fault. I don't know what I can do." Kai is rid of emotion, and he stands in the rain, unable to feel. 

 

"You're being an idiot Kai. She's in pain and she's PREGNANT. She's obviously not in her best condition and you're leaving her because she said some mean things to you. You should KNOW she doesn't mean it and that she and your CHILD need you." 

 

"It's a girl," Kai says, softly.

 

"Wh...what?" Sehun looks at his hyung. "Kai...you're gonna be in charge of a daughter who needs you. You need to be there for her." 

 

"No, __________ says she doesn't need me," Kai replies, voice still sounding dead.

 

"That's it." Sehun grabs Kai and shoves him against the wall and Kai widens his eyes, glaring at his friend.

 

"What the are you doing, Sehun?" Kai spits at Sehun.

 

"Kim Jongin, I've known you your whole life and I know for a FACT you aren't gonna be able to walk away from her. I know you SHOULD NOT walk away from her, and I know you need each other more than anything. Your pain and pride are clouding your judgement right now, and I want you to march back into that ing hospital and apoligize to the goddamn love of your life," Sehun yells at Kai, trying to scream some sense into him.

 

Kai looks down at his feet. "I...I can't do it Sehun...I can't hurt her anymore. It IS my fault and she has every right to not want me in her li--"

 

"Bull," Sehun growls simply, releasing Kai from his grip. "Get back in there and be the husband you vowed to be and the father you promised you'd be the day we gave up our dream. Now." Sehun speaks right in Kai's face, a sense of brotherly love for both you and Kai fueling him in his rebellion against his hyung.

 

Sheepishly, Kai retreats into the hospital and sits tiredly in the waiting room, trying to sort out what to say.

 

 

 

 

~~~

 

 

 

Your POV:

 

I do nothing for him, you think to yourself. I'm not a good wife. I can't tell why he even stays with me. All I do is cause him pain...My words were horrible and that just proves what a bad person and spouse I am. He deserves so much better. I do NOT deserve a man like Kim Jongin and I never will. I'm so fed up with hurting him...I care too much about him. I am a horrible person and I just said unforgivable words that won't be able to be forgotten...

 

You know that Kai must be feeling very betrayed right now, and you decide if he walks back in that door ever, you'd try to make it up to him. Just as the thought crosses your mind, the door handle turns and Kai stands in the doorframe. You look him up and down and see how terrible he really looks. Terrible yet beautiful nonetheless. His eyes red and swollen and sopping wet from the rain, he looks like that devestated guy there always is in a Korean drama or something.

 

"I'm sorry," you hear his rich, deep voice as he walks in, sitting by you, hair still dripping wet. 

 

"No...I'm sorry," you apoligize. You decide Kai has too much of his life to live and you're just slowing him down.

 

"Jongin..." you begin, trying to hold back your tears. 

 

"Yeah...?" he asks, looking at you listening carefully. 

 

 

"I think we need to get a divorce."