Pillows and Fried Chicken

Life of Kai: Being Married to Kim Jongin

After what seems like a split second but in reality is about ten minutes, you pull away from the hug to look at his familiar face another time. The sparkle in his wet eyes is the Kai sparkle you adore, and you find the strength to lift your hand to his face and his cheek gently, the way you love to do.

 

“Have a mentioned that I miss you?” he says with a sweet smile.

 

With that, you attack his face with desperate kisses, wanting nothing more than to feel his lips against yours for the rest of your life. Okay maybe not that long, that would be weird, but for a very, very long time.

 

“You’re…a goddess…” he says cheekily between passionate kisses, and you feel his smirk against your lips as you crash into the wall, bodies tingling with desire.

 

“Shut up and kiss me, Kim Jongin.”

 

“Wow, my wife’s gotten bossy,” he muses, breathing hard.

 

“Seriously.” You kiss him more and more, and nothing in the world matters anymore. You don’t care about anything but Kai, and the fact that Kai is home and well, actually KAI, fills your heart with such immense joy. Pleasure courses through your body with each touch from Jongin.

 

He laughs into the kiss and carries you to your room, without breaking the steamy kiss, your legs wrapped desperately around his hips.

 

 

---One Hour Later---

 

You lay in bed with your husband next to  you, taking in his scent and feeling his breath against your neck as he hugs you around your middle while your hair softly, his cheek pushed up against yours.

 

“I love you,” he murmurs softly. “And I’m so sorry beyond words for all the pain I’ve ever caused you. All I want is to make you happy.” His voice flows together like a song, y, calm, and completely honest.

 

“You know, you didn’t have to say you didn’t love me,” you say a little sadly, but the feeling of him so close to you makes your spine tingle with happiness.

 

“I know. I wasn’t thinking straight, and I wanted you to…be prepared for anything, I don’t know. I just… I just love you,” Kai says, not really knowing what to say.

 

“I love you too, but that time you wouldn’t even speak to me…It was so hard,” you say snuggling closer to him.

 

“I know, ____________. I know. It was a horrible and unforgivable thing on my part, but the only thing getting me through the whole ordeal was you. Before I went into surgery, all I could see is your face. And you know what memory kept playing? He says with a little smile.”

“Something stupid, I bet,” you say with a giggle.

 

“Naw,” he says in an irresistible voice. “Just the first time I met you. The best moment of my life,” he says cheesily and you smack him in the abs.

 

“You’re a cheeseball,” you groan.

 

“I’m a y cheeseball,” he whispers, lightly kissing your neck.

 

“Yeah. Yeah you are.” You kiss him more, and he pulls you as close as he can, as if any space between you causes him physical pain.

 

“Did it hurt?” you ask, gently.

 

“What? When I fell from heaven?” Kai smirks.

 

“No, you idiot,” you laugh. You then get serious again. “When you got the heart surgery.”

 

“Nah, the thought of you being in pain or hating me or just being away from you was much worse.”

 

“You’re so good with your words,” you say with a genuine smile that hasn’t come across your face in far too long.

 

“I’m good with a lot of things,” Kai smirks again, ily and suggestively his lips. You promptly throw a pillow at him. A devilish grin comes over your husband’s face, and he grabs his own pillow, smacking you lightly with it.

 

“You did not just start that, Kim Jongin,” you say, evilly.

 

“Yes, I did MRS. Kim Jongin,” he winks.

 

And so, like the mature adult married couple you are, you engage in the best and most joyful pillow fight of your lives.

 

---Post-Pillow Fight---

 

“The nightmares came back…” you say, a little scared, to Kai.

 

“Oh no…When was the last time you had a good night’s sleep?” Kai asks, concerned, hugging you close to him, again, not wanting to let go.

 

“Months ago,” you admit.

 

“Well I’m here now, and no one’s gonna hurt you because if they try, I’ll beat em all up,” Kai says, reassuringly.

 

You love the way you fit against Kai’s body when you sleep. You curl against him and he wraps his arms around you so protectively that you could never have a bad dream with him there. He’s like your own personal nightmare shield. Your nightmares are always gone when he’s hugging you close like that, and you stare into his eyes, and see his eyelids flutter a little.

 

“Go to sleep, Jongin,” you command, seeing his true exhaustion clearly for the first time.

 

“Okay, baby…” he groans, “anything for you…” He falls asleep quickly, and you smile, because you’re finally able to feel and see your husband in your bed, cuddling against you.

 

You feel like an empty part of you has been filled, and you’re so filled with relief and happiness, your drifting off to sleep is the most peaceful and easy in months.

 

Your dream is unique this night.

 

Your dream self takes you through your life with Kai thus far; only the good parts. You remember your stupid conversations you had in your awkward phase together, you remember the happiness of him hugging you the first time. You remember the heart-racing feeling of your first kiss. It’s the most pleasant dream of your life, to be honest. Your relationship with Kai with only the good and easy parts? Perfect.

 

Nah, you think. Any life with Kai, even with hardships, is a good life. A perfect life.

 

 

---7:30 A.M---

 

 

Just as quickly as you fall asleep, you feel like; you wake up.

 

It’s not like the kind of waking up that you’re all tired and feel like you don’t have enough sleep, though. You feel so happy and well-rested, you bolt up to cook some chicken for Kai

 

You’ve cooked chicken almost every day of the week, but you cook this meal just as you’d planned in your mind for the day Kai came home—perfectly.

 

“You just have it all, don’t you, beautiful wife?”

You turn abruptly and see Kai leaning against your bedroom door, smiling at you adoringly shirt draped around his shoulders, abs looking toned and muscular in the light, and dark jeans that look perfect on him.

You smile and speak with conviction.

 

“Well, now that you’re here with me, I have everything I’ll ever need.”