For Us

Life of Kai: Being Married to Kim Jongin

"I can't believe this is happening," says Kai, voice full of excitement and happiness. 

 

"NOR CAN WE," Chanyeol shouts loudly. "WE'RE GONNA BE UNCLES!!!!!! HONRARY UNCLES!" You smile at all of the beaming faces of your Exo friends around you. They take turns hugging you and Kai and congratulating you with devotion.

 

Kai, the proud father-to-be, puffs out his chest and happily and protectively keeps his arm around you, staring at your still flat stomach as if it'll blow up like a balloon or something.

 

"Funny," starts Sehun, deep in thought. "I thought giving up my dream would be sad and tragic but I just feel so happy. I wonder how the company will react...Let's hide for a little while." 

 

Kai frowns a little and looks at his bandmates. "Guys, as a friend I can't think you enough for what you did, but as your bandmate and as a friend again, I feel awful you're giving up your dreams because of me..." 

 

They smack Kai on the back good naturedly, and D.O chuckles.

 

"Dude, we already were getting sick of the marketing and obsessive fans and we'd love to go back to a normal life. I'm sure it'll take a while, but quitting will save us from at least SOME of the stress. It was for you, for _________, and for us." All of Exo nods in agreement. 

 

"Really?" Kai asks, and you smile feeling extremely blessed to haev such amazing friends and uncles for your child. 

 

"So," you ask sheepishly, "how are we gonna get out of here without being trampled and killed by fangirls?" The Exo boys stare, and groan.

 

"They're gonna kill us," Chanyeol says, eyes wide and panic on his face.

 

"We quit...They were looking forward to us debuting and we quit..." Baekhyun feels guilty, but knows it was the right choice.

 

"Oh come on guys," Suho the forever rational one grunts. "There's a back door." 

 

You all scurry out the back door and hop into a van that's waiting right at the door to escape the fangirls. It isn't like there's a hugely immense amount of fans, but their viral video spread to quite a few people, and from time to time you and Kai will be recognized and it will turn into a pretty annoying and big ordeal. 

Sitting in the car, Kai quickly sits in the seat next to you and rubs your stomach contentedly. 

"Do you think it's a boy or a girl?" he asks you with a sweet smile. 

"I have absolutely no clue," you answer, still having trouble grasping the fact that a little person is growing inside you.

Mine AND Kai's little person... you think, excitedly. 

 

You and Kai get dropped off, and manage to squeeze past the fangirls and get into your apartment. You have extra security measures, so safety once you get into your home is not an issue.

 

You realize how tired Kai looks once again, but happiness radiates from him nonetheless. The past weeks have drained a lot of energy out of your usually spunky husband. 

 

"I think you needa get some sleep," you order him, flopping down on the couch. 

 

He sits next to you and lays his head in your lap. "I don't think I can sleep. I'm just so excited, I feel like a little kid on Christmas Eve. Sleep is impossible!" 

 

"Well, Jongin, I hate to break it to you, but our baby won't be born for months, so I'm afraid you WILL have to be able to sleep," you laugh, playing with his hair as he rests his head on your lap looking up at you.

 

"Oh yeah," he groans. "I'll take you to the doctor tomorrow," he says joyfully and you nod. 

 

"Mkay. Now go to bed."

Kai sulks off to your room, and you smile thinking of a little mini Jongin running around the apartment. You finish tidying up a few more things, and take a hot shower. You walk into your room, and see Kai lying down, staring up at the ceiling.

 

"You were supposed to be asleep an hour ago," you whine. 

"I know, but I couldn't sleep without my lovely spouse," he pouts. You sigh, and wander over to you bed, crawling in next to him. He instantly pulls you close so your back is against his muscular chest and he kisses the top of your head affectionately. With a heavy, content sigh, you close your eyes and get ready to drift off to sleep. Kai your stomach with his thumb when he thinks you're asleep, and you enjoy the feel of his heartbeat against your back.

 

"You be careful, mini ________ or mini me," he whispers almost silently to your unborn baby. "I want you to make sure your mama isn't in too much pain. Hurry up and grow big and healthy. I can't wait to meet you. Your mommy and daddy love you...You're worth everything." 

You can't help but smile to yourself and you're confident your husband is going to be the greatest father. 

 

 

The Next Morning

 

You wake up, feeling nauseous and horrible. You run to the bathroom and throw up into the toilet. A concerned Kai comes up behind you and holds your hair and pats your back while you throw up.

 

"Ugh, I'm gross," you complain, mortified. 

"No, you're beautiful," he says with a gentle kiss on your cheek. "I'm really sorry you're not feeling good though, _______. It's a normal thing though, right?"

"Right," you say as you brush your teeth and make yourself presentable. 

 

Kai cooks you breakfast while you straighten yourself up and put on a cute white lace dress. You sit at the table and are happy to see he's made noodles-your favorite. You devour the noodles like you haven't eaten in years, and Kai bites his lip, trying not to laugh.

 

"I'm hungry~~" you whine, seeing him trying not to laugh at you. 

 

"I know babe," he chuckles. "You're eating for my two most important people in the world right now." 

 

You stare.

 

"You and our baby," Kai explains.

 

"Yeah, I know what you meant, babo," you roll your eyes. "I just didn't know how to reply to that."

 

"How about with an 'I love you'?" Kai says with wide innocent eyes.

 

"Yeah yeah, I love you, you babo." You kiss him on the nose, and he grins at you shyly.

 

"And I love you too."