Ours

Life of Kai: Being Married to Kim Jongin

EXO-K-forThe-Face-Shop-exo-k-31350443-19

 

 

The days rush by with Jongin and your marriage goes back to its generally fun loving and crazy manner. Kai dotes on you nonstop and your pregnancy is almost over. You and Kai aren't even worried about what the doctor said after the accident about the baby maybe being born with some sort of disability.

 

Nothing that happens will make either of you love her any less.

You're lying in your bed one morning about 3 weeks from your due date when you suddenly feel a horrible rush of pain jolt through your body.

 

"Jongin," you call out, tears springing into your eyes.

 

A shirtless Kai rushes into your room, panicked from your groan of pain.

 

"Are you okay?" he asks, concern written all over his face. 

 

"I think the baby's coming..." you grunt as another rush of pain washes over you.

 

"What?" Kai's eyes widen, stunned. "That's impossible! It's way too early!!" He frantically starts gathering random items the pregnancy pamphlets said you'd need and asks if you're okay every few seconds. Dork.

 

He flies around the house in a panic, making sure everything's set. He then helps you gently and carefully out of bed and escorts you to to the car.

 

 

He starts driving, nervously glancing over at you every few moments. 

You cry out when another pang of pain rushes through you.

 

"It's time...?" he wonders out loud.

"I think it's time," you grunt again.

 

He drives, eyes wide and face concentrating very hard. Upon arrival at the hospital, Kai throws himself out of the car and rushes to your side of the car, helping you out of the car. You can't get up, the pain in your back searing through you.

 

"Uh...I'll...Call 911," he offers desperately. 

"But...we're at the hospital," you pant, trying to control your breathing. 

"Right..Um...HELP!?" he yells, and a nurse on the other side of the parking lot looks over, confused. You recognize Juniel and you groan inwardly.

 

 

Of course.

 

 

Juniel walks over to Kai and looks at you.

"She's pregnant!?" she looks stunned from your face to Kai's. 

"Yep," Kai says proudly. "We need help...can you get a wheelchair?" Juniel nods, looking beweildered and heads into the hospital. Kai kneels in front of you, gently sweeping some hair out of your face and kissing your slightly sweaty forehead.

 

"Hey, I'll be here the whole time. Forever." 

"Always?" you ask with a faint smile.

"Of course." 

 

You spend a few quiet moments with Kai speaking soft words of encouragement to you and your forehead and hair. Juniel comes back out with the wheelchair and she and Kai help you into it.

 

You wince with pain again and grip onto the wheelchair handle with all your might. Kai takes your hand in his as you all rush into the hospital. You squeeze his hand tightly and he bites his lip, but doesn't say anything or pull away.

 

Juniel speaks to another nurse quickly.

 

"Kai says she's about 37 weeks pregnant and her baby is already coming out," Juniel says. The other, older nurse takes the wheelchair and wheels you down the wall calmly. She asks Kai your information and you reach a nice, roomy hospital room. She and Kai lift you onto the bed, and you lie down, in great pain.

 

"You're gonna be okay. We're all gonna be okay," Kai mutters. He's looking a little ill and he sits down next to your bed, holding your hand. The nurse nods.

 

"Your baby is going to be born premature today. We'll do everything we can to make it a healthy birth," she tells you matter-of-factly. Fear grips your heart and you uneasily look at Kai.

 

He reassuring pats your arm and uses his thumb to your arm lovingly.

 

 

A few hours later the pain has grown more intense and closer together and you feel like you're going to explode.

 

A doctor and two nurses walk in and bustle around the room, preparing things.

 

"It's time," the doctor tells you gently.

"It's time...!?" you gasp. Yeah, it's defintely time.

 

They prep you, and begin to tell you to push.

 

The pain is worse than anything you've ever felt.

 

Kai looks like he's going to pass out, but he stays strong for you. You grasp his hand and squeeze it with a painful amount of power. He speaks to you, encouraging you and himself.

 

 

 

About half an hour later, you hear a cry. 

The cry doesn't come from you or any of the doctors or your nauseous looking husband...

 

The cry comes from your daughter. A little baby girl was just brought into the world... 

YOUR little baby girl.

 

 

"J...Jongin," you sob, seeing the nurse start to clean up the baby a little bit. Kai starts to cry at the sight of your baby.

"She's beautiful," he sniffles, wanting so badly to hold her. The doctor wraps her in a small towel and hands her to you.

 

The little girl squirms in your arms and your eyes fill with the happiest tears of your life.

 

The baby gurgles and flails around a little and her tiny body rests in your arms. 

Kai stares in amazement at his child. You smile tearfully up at him and he pushes some hair off your face.

 

"You did so good," he says, kissing you softly. Both of your wet tears rolling down your cheeks mix together. "You both did so good." His voice cracks and he reaches down to your daughter's hand gently.

 

"Hold you daughter, Kai," you cry. 

"W..what if I break her?" he asks, concern clouding his eyes.

"You won't," you chuckle. "Here." You lift up the tiny baby and he takes her into his arms. His eyes light up and a huge smile spreads over his face.

 

"Hey little one," he smiles tearfully. "You're such a pretty little girl. Prettiest girl in the world other than your mommy, you know. Someday lots of boys are going to want to marry you and I'm going to have to chase them all away. I'll do anything for you and your mommy," he says, tears dripping down his face.

 

You smile at the sight of your hero aka husband aka the father of your beloved baby daughter. You rest your hand on his muscular arm and can't help but feel unbelievably happy.

 

Kai reluctantly hands you back the baby and she gurgles a little bit more. 

 

"I love you," he whispers, kissing her miniscule forehead before passing her to you. You rock her in your arms and kiss her forehead too.

 

"Mommy and daddy love you," you whisper to her, marveling over how tiny her hands and feet are. "You're ours."

 

 

You and Kai are disappointed when the doctor takes her away to run some tests to see if she'll be okay since she's a premature baby. You spend quiet time together, holding hands and exchanging some loving words every once in a while.

 

About and hour he returns with her, and you and Kai's eyes both light up. The baby whimpers and the doctor hands her to you carefully.

 

"Your baby will be fine. She is healthy for a premature baby, and strong." 

 

You and Kai both break out in huge smiles and he beams at you and the baby.

 

"What's her name?" the doctor asks, curiously.

 

You and Kai glance at each other. 

 

"Hwa-Young," you both say, genuine love radiating from you to the child.

"Eternal beauty."

 

Eternity is an important thing. You and Kai swore to love each other always and forever no matter what. It's only fitting that your beautiful daughter's name pertains to eternity.

 

 

The next day, your Exo friends, your SNSD friends, and Taemin and Key stuff themselves into your hospital room. They're all ecstatic.

 

(note: some of these details are recapped from the prologue to this story)

 

Taeyeon. Your best friend from day one. She was the one who truly helped you find a way to fit into the scary world of high school. Always the sweet, caring, kind, and genuinely loving person, she'll remain your best friend forever. She dotes over HwaYoung's tiny little fingers and smiles at you with that reassuring smile that truly makes you feel like everything will be alright.

 

Suho. Your guardian angel. He was the cause of conflict between you and Jongin early in your relationship because you had kissed him while trying to save him from unwanted affection from another guy. This didn't strain your friendship. Suho has been your guardian angel ever since and you know in your heart he will remain to be forever. Suho, your fatherly figure, your guardian angel, your friend.

 

Baekhyun. The sensitive one. He'd stood by you always and had strong feelings for you from the beginning. Despite his nonplatonic liking for you, he let you go to Kai because all he ever wishes for you is happiness. Even though he wished you could be his, he let you go in order to let you truly be satisifed. You'll forever be grateful for his true and faithful care.

 

Chanyeol. The strong one. Chanyeol's mother was an old friend of your mother's and was abused often. He hid it with a smile and a laugh everyday, but you knew of his dark home life. He put on a facade for everyone else, and never thought about himself or his own pain. No one's pain is too little or too insignificant for Chanyeol. He will listen and help you through no matter what problem you could possibly have until the end.

 

D.O. The coincidental one. Your beloved father had died shortly before you transferred to SM High. Your hero of an appa had been hit by a large truck saving the life of a small girl. You hadn't known in the beginning, but the little girl was D.O's younger sister that means the world to that boy. When he found out, he swore with his life that no matter what he would protect you. He hasn't failed you.

 

A pang of sadness pierces your heart when you wish with all your mind and soul that your greatly missed daddy could meet his first granddaughter that he would love so much.

 

Sehun. The brat. You had absolutely despised Sehun when you first met him. You had judged him quickly and you look back upon that with sadness. You never knew that his mother, father, and unborn baby sister was killed when he was younger. They had been murdered before his eyes, leaving him withdrawn and not friendly. He grew to be your brother, though. You've gone through a lot together and you will continue to forever.

 

Taemin. Your little friend turned number one cheerleader. He was there for you since the days he would hide in the fruit baskets at school, and continues to stay by your side every day since. 

 

Key. The weird one. He was the one who would always spy on you and feed you information about Exo's feelings to you. He never saw you and Kai's engagement coming, and that stunned him. Despite his weird diva-ness, he's been a faithful friend as well.

 

 

Kim Jongin. Your love. Your husband. Your life. The one who has always made your heart beat faster and pulse quicken. He's the one that would give his life for you. He's the one who never gave up on you no matter what. You both have made it through better and through worse. He's stuck it out through both the calm and the storm. He is the one who has given you more second chances than you deserve and he's the most faithful, perfect husband you could never dream of. You'll love him beyond the end of time and you know tha with him around, nothing will ever be hopeless.

 

 

"Hwa-Young," you whisper gently and lovingly to your burbling baby in your arms as she looks around the room with a whimper at all the people.

 

Kai puts his arm around you and holds Hwa-Young's tiny little hand with two of his fingers with more gentleness and care than you've ever seen anyone use. Everyone smiles wildly and supportively at you and Kai and your daugther and there isn't a dry eye in the room.

 

Hwa-Young is all of you and your friends' miracle. Her existence proves that beautiful things can come from the toughest times and the most difficult struggles. You and Kai made it through so much and the fact she's alive, healthy, and in your arms with her father by her side is a beautiful miracle.

 

"Welcome to our world, Hwa-Young. You're so blessed and so fortunate, you know. You have all these people who already love you. These people will always love you and be the most unwavering friends and family to you like they've been to me. Welcome, Hwa-Young. You're going to be eternally beautiful to all of us, honey. With your mommy and daddy who love you so much and your friends who love you so much, you'll have people standing by you always and forever. You're going to not only be eternally beautiful, but your life will be beautiful for eternity."

 

 

 

 

 

~The End~