Don't Go

Life of Kai: Being Married to Kim Jongin

-Song: Don't Go by Exo-

Kai's POV:

 

Kai finally breaks away from the group of girls and runs after you, seeing your near the middle of the road. Absolute horror overtakes his whole body as he sees a car crash into you, sending you flying back onto the ground, limp as a rag doll.

 

"_______________!" Kai screams desperately, sprinting towards your seemingly lifeless, bloody body, urgently kneeling by you, begging and pleading with God to let you live. 

 

"Help me!!!! Please, someone help me!!!!" Kai yells as loud as he can, and the car's owner runs out, looking horrified. 

 

"Is she okay!?!?" The man asks, terrifeid. 

 

"NO SHE'S NOT OKAY. DOES SHE LOOK OKAY YOU ING IDIOT!?" Kai realizes that it isn't the man's fault, but his emotions get the better of him.

 

"I'm sorry," he says, tears falling, mixing with the rain that still pours down heavily. "Please, call an ambulance right now!" He begs, your face begging you to stay with him.

 

"Please, __________. This is all my fault," Kai cries, your face quickly while sobbing. Never in his life has Kai felt so helpless and hopeless. Kai barely notices Suho sprinting from his car parked on the side of the road. 

 


"Jongin....What the hell happened?" Suho starts to cry too, seeing your body limply on the floor. 

 

"It...It's all my fault, hyung..." Kai sobs harder. "She saw the pictures and I couldn't find the words to explain and she ran off and then the rain was coming down too much and she got hit..." 

 

Suho looks at you and lays his head on your chest, listening for a heartbeat.

 

"Her heart is still beating," he says tears still leaking from his eyes. "I...I saw the pictures and I wanted to come over to your house to help you explain, but...I was too late...If I hadn't decided to eat that stupid last cookie or something she could've been okay..." Suho's entire being is in pain from guilt and Kai looks at him.

 

"No...it's all my fault," Kai cries, staring down at your face. "Please, _________..." he begs for the milionth time. "Angels can't die. Come on my angel...Don't leave me in this world alone. I need you. Please, don't go." 

 

The ambulance arrives and everything is a messy, painful blur for Kai. The paramedics insist he follow in Suho's car behind the ambulance, and Kai is too weak with saddness and pain to argue. The car ride is silent and sad, and they arrive at the hospital in a pained sillence.

 

Rushing into the ER, Kai and Suho wait. Suho regains his composure and calls up the rest of Exo to tell them what happened.

 

"W...what?" Chanyeol's voice is scared and sad as he thinks of how much you've helped him with his struggles with his abusive mother in his life. "No...that can't be right...I can't leave the house right now....But I'll just....I'll pray..." he finishes lamely, knowing nothing he says or does can help right now. 

 

Baekhyun, who has had a crush on you since the day you met but accepted you and Kai's marriage, immediately breaks down and babbles something about being there as soon as he can.

 

Sehun's reaction is dead and his heart is dead. You've been a sister to him after he lost his own before she was born, and there's nothing anyone can say to comfort him. He cannot lose you.

 

 

Kai sits, face in his hands, crying and crying. The fact there's absolutely nothing he can do to help you makes him feel horrible and worthless. 

 

"Why...?" Kai wonders out loud. "If anyone should be hurt it should be me. This is entirely my fault. If she..." he trails off, sobbing harder. "If she dies I won't be able to live. I'll never be able to live as long as she's not here. I can't....I can't be me without her. She completes me and......I would do anything to get her back. She should have her whole life ahead of her. Her whole life with me..." Sobs rack his body after each sentence, and Suho lays a comforting hand on his shoulder.

 

"I know, Kai. I know." 

 

Suddenly it hits them both at the same time.

 

"The baby," Kai gasps, desperation flowing through his whole body. In the split second it took for the car to hit his wife, because of him he could lose the two most importanat and beloved things in his life.

 

Suho stares silently at the floor, knowing that there are no words.

 

"Suho...What is going to happen to the baby?" Kai demands, tears falling faster and faster. 

 

"Um... I don't know," Suho admits. "I just don't know, Kai." 

A doctor walks by, and Kai runs up and grabs the doctor by his collar. 

 

"WHERE IS SHE?" Kai demands. 

"Uh...Sir..Please don't do that," the doctor says calmly, looking down at his collar in Kai's hands.. 

 

Kai drops the collar and collapses to the floor in front of the doctor. 

"How's my wife?" Kai stares at the ground helplessly, ashamed of his dramatic behavior, but worried beyond belief about you.

 

"She's in surgery right now...." the doctor says, his voice also helpless.

Kai sits in front of the doctor and looks up at him like a lost, sad little boy. The doctor's heart breaks for Kai. He's seen the boy on TV before and he's always been so manly looking, but up close and in such a fragile condition he doesn't look like a man. He looks barely older than his youngest son.

 

"Please save her..." Kai says in a small voice. "Please save her and our baby..." 

The doctor helps Kai up and lays his hand on his shoulder.

 

"We'll do our best son," he says softly. "I promise."

 

 

 

~~~ 

 

Two Hours Later

 

All of Exo sits in the waiting room, eyes downcast and faces grim. They each shoot an occasional glance at Kai but look away quickly because the pain etched on his face pains them all as well. 

 

They all think back to the times they've had with you, and promise to be five hundred times nicer to you if you make it through. They can't help but feel guilty even though deep down they all know it isn't REALLY their fault.

 

All of them except Kai. Guilt tears at his very soul, and regret stabs him in the chest. He makes a promise to himself that if you make it through he'll be the best husband in the world and will tell or show you that he loves you every single day for the rest of your lives. 

 

 

Please... he prays adamently, please protect _________ and our baby...I'll do anything. This is entirely my fault and all I want is to hear her voice and see the light in her eyes again. I want to be able to hold our baby and to raise our kid with her. I want to live the rest of my life loving her and loving our family...Please. I'll be a better person. Please, don't take her.

 

__________, please don't go.