Sick

Life of Kai: Being Married to Kim Jongin

 

~Note~

Hey guys I started (another) FanFic that I won't be updating AS much, but I'm putting a lot of thought into. It's my first darker FanFic, so your support would be great. Thanks! 

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/659171/happiness-is-an-illusion-drama-fantasy-romance-exo-exok-exom-exoplanet​

 

~~~

 

 

The last day of school comes and goes, and nothing can dampen the happiness you have concerning Kai's arrival home. You have little problem getting him back in the swing of things, and you're so excited about being able to come home to his arms every night, life just seems so worth living again.

 

Your summer consists of stupid conversations, pillow fights, beach trips, and lots of alone time with your husband. You hang out with EXO and SNSD often, and you have gotten closer to SHINee through Taemin, who is now officially a best friend of you and Kai. On a slow, hot afternoon, you're not feeling too well, so you and Kai decide to stay home. You put on one of Kai's big dress shirts, and walk out to the living room where he is paying some bills.

 

"Hey gorgeous girl," he says, hearts basically coming out of his eyes. You know he loves it when you just wear his shirts, and he stands up and walks over to you. Every time Kai strides towards you with that intense, deep look in his eyes, your heart beats twice as fast and you feel hot all over.

Because you're sick, you feel especially hot today. He takes you into his arms, and you snuggle up against his chest, fitting perfectly. Concerned, he kisses your forehead and leaves his lips there for a few long seconds.

 

"You're hot, _______," he says, looking into your eyes, brow furrowed. You laugh because he looks really y even with his eyebrows in weird positions.

 

"Thanks, you're not too bad yourself," you grin.

 

"No--I mean yeah, you're hot, but I think you have a fever," Kai says with a little chuckle, still looking concerned. Being the caring husband he is, he picks you up bridal style, and carries you into your room. Laying you on your bed gently, he commands you to stay there.

 

"You're going to rest right here until I say otherwise," he says with authority.

 

"Jeez, okay sir," you rolls your eyes. He gently brushes hair out of your face with his hand, and your forehead with his thumb, sitting next to you on the bed. 

 

"I just want my lady to be healthy," he says gently. "I'll go make soup." 

You give him a quick kiss on the cheek, and you see Kai's face flush a little red. 

"Wow, you still get embarassed when I kiss my husband?" You laugh at him. 

"I guess you just have that effect on me," he grins looking down shyly, and rushes out of the room to avoid further embarassment. You can't help but giggle at how cute he is. You don't understand how Kai can be a perfect blend of y, sweet, cute, and handsome.

 

You lay back and your head sinks in the pillow. Aisht, you think to yourself. Your head really hurts, and you feel really nauseous. The rich smell of chicken noodle soup wafts into your room, and you're excited. Having your own personal husband/man nurse hybrid to yourself has its benefits. 

 

"I've come bearing food," Kai walks into your room with a tray of chicken noodle soup, hot tea, and chocolate ice cream.

"Thanks babe," you murmur, grateful for his companionship and tender, loving, care. 

"I'll be right back," he says, seeming to remember something.

 

You sip your tea and slurp at your soup a little. You're not very hungry, but you know Kai will make you eat anyway, so you down the soup. The ice cream isn't too hard to eat, though. You're never too sick for chocolate ice cream.

 

Kai returns to your room with a cool, damp towel and a little box. He sits on the bed again, as close to you as he can get without sitting on you. He gently puts the cloth up to your forehead, and lays it there, your temples softly for a little bit, just looking with adoration into your tired eyes. 

 

"You're pretty even when you're sick," he muses out loud. You smile at him and close your eyes, loving the feel of him your skin gingerly.

 

After a few minutes of this, Kai speaks up.

 

"I have something for ya," he informs you, excitedly. 

 

"Oh, do you?" You look at him, in anticipation.

 

"So while I was gone, I couldn't stop thinking about you, and I wanted something to bring back to you when I came home to you. I kind of forgot about it until now because I'd been so excited about just spending time with you, but yeah I thought I'd give it to you now." He smiles at you with so much love in his eyes, you wouldn't care if it was a dead flower or something. 

"Aww, thank you so much, Jongin-oppa. You shouldn't have gotten me anything." 

"Yeah, I should have. It's my job to give my wife nice things." He kisses your eyes gently, and hands you the box. He looks so excited, like a little kid waiting for his mom to read his Valentine's card. You smile widely at your babo of a god of a husband.

 

You open the dainty silver box in your hands, and gasp.

 

"J...Jongin...It's beautiful." 

 

In the box is the most gorgeous bracelet you've ever laid eyes on. You remember telling Kai that your favorite color is that of the Carribean Sea. You just love the beautiful, light, natural hue of the water. You had expressed your frustration that there's no manmade thing in the world that can TRULY replicate that stunning color, but the bracelet in front of you proves you wrong. 

The bracelet has a silver chain with flawless Carribean Sea colored gems daintily and meticulously set upon it. The colors aren't vibrant or bold, but that's what you love about it. You gape at it how perfect it is for you, and look up at proud looking Kai next to you.

 

"You like it?" He asks, a huge grin on his face.

 

"I LOVE IT!!!" You give him a huge hug, and he holds you close to his chest, breathing softly on the top of your head. 

 

"As soon as I saw it, I knew it would be the perfect gift for you," Kai says smiling down at you.

 

"How did I get so lucky?" you wonder outloud.

 

"I ask myself the same question every day," Kai tells you, still grinning widely.