Fame

Life of Kai: Being Married to Kim Jongin

EXO-K-Cool-For-IVYclub-HD-Wallpaper.jpg

Note: Sorry this is kind of a slow chapter!

Two Months Later

 

School is going to be starting up soon, but you and Kai have been forced to begin taking online school, as going to public school is too hectic. Nothing is the same anymore. Nothing but you and Kai's love for each other, of course. Your friendships are stable too, but everything is more complicated. Fangirls stake out everywhere, and people on the street scream for Kai while you're out trying to deal with your own lives. 

 

People send gifts often, and fanletters arrive often and in large quanitity. All of Exo is shocked by their new and dynamic popularity. They hadn't even debuted, but are desired by a large portion of teenage to mid 30 year old girls. Guys admire their style as well.

 

Exo picked up a deal with SM Entertainment within two days of their performance going viral, and their debut date was set in a whirlwind. Tomorrow will be the day where they are to debut, or basically repeat their viral performance on national television. Kai has been gone most of the day every day, training hard and meeting with reps and managers. It's lonely, and you and Taemin are sitting together on the couch watching some stupid cartoons on the lonely morning before Exo's debut. 

 

"I don't feel good," you groan, pissed off at the possibility of being sick for Exo's debut. Taemin looks at you wide eyed. 

 

"W...what kind of not feeling good?" he asks, concerned.

 

"Like...throw up-y sick.." the words barely leave your lips before you run to the bathroom, vomiting into the toilet. 

 

"Um..._________-ah...Are you...you know...THAT?" Taemin sputters lamely. Your eyes widen. You're sick. It's the morning. You're about a week late for your period, and you've had strong cravings for random foods. 

 

"Am I!?!?!!?!!" you wonder outloud in disbelief. The words have barely left your lips before Lee Taemin rushes out the door to the nearest convenience store to pick up a pregnancy test. 

 

"I can't believe this," you say outloud to yourself as you stare at yourself in the mirror. "Kai has so much going on, I don't know how he'll react to this..." you groan inwardly.

 

Taemin rushes back in and tosses you eight different brands of different tests. 

 

"I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS," Taemin says, out of breath. "I just pulled all of them off the shelf!!! HURRY!!!!"

 

"Taemin-ah, don't worry. Nothing bad happens if you don't test quickly," you explain to your panicked friend. He relaxes, and goes to wait in the living room.

 

 

Kai's POV:

 

"I don't think having a girlfriend is a good idea at all as a new idol, but a WIFE? What were you thinking?" 

 

Kai clenches his fists as Exo's publicity manager looks at him scornfully as if his marriage was the end of the world.

 

"I was thinking that I'm the happiest man alive married to the love of my life," Kai says in a low voice. 

"Yeah, you don't understand. ________'s like a sister to all of us, and the only one Kai will ever need," Sehun defends his friends.

"Plus," Suho says, "we wouldn't even be here today if it weren't for her. She's been our inspiration!" 

Exo all nods in unison. 

 

"Can you just...not be married to her? I'm sure your life's dream is more important, right?" the manager rubs his temples, stressed out.

 

"No, I can't just not be married to her. She's my wife, and nothing in the world is more important than her," Kai says a little angrily, trying to keep his temper.

"Yeah!!!!" Baekhyun backs him up.

"You don't understand, manager-hyung. We owe so much to her and Kai loves her with his whole life. If you don't accept that, we can't accept your entertainment company," Chanyeol argues.

 

"Well actually, you have to because you'll have signed a contract," says the manager defeatedly. "But I do know that the contract won't say anything about being married, so I can't make you separate, but I'm just saying it would be better for marketing. Kai, you're going to be the y one, and people don't like the y one to be married." The manager shudders a little as if the thought of marriage makes his skin crawl.

 

"Well, I can be y and married," Kai says, still pretty upset he has to be the y one. He doesn't want to be y for anyone but his wife. 

 

"Fine, but don't like...flaunt the fact you're married. It'd end badly for everyone," says the manager, desperately. 

 

"Will she get hurt?" Kai asks, snapping to attention.

 

"I don't know," says the manager. "I can't promise anything but great marketing."

 

What did we get ourselves into? Kai thinks regretfully. Why can't I be normal again? Will debuting make everything worse?  I will never forgive myself if anything happens to _________ because of my dream.

 

After a few more hours of marketing strategizing and a lot of frustration radiating from Exo, the manager leaves.

 

"Guys, I hate to say it, but I'm kinda regretting this already," Sehun says quietly.

"Me too," says D.O hesitantly. One by one, they all agree, and sadly look at each other. 

"Do you think our debut would make us more popular and our lives more hectic?" asks Kai, concerned.

"I think so. Idols are never home, never able to see their families, and never able to live normal lives," says D.O realistically. 

"Yeah, they are always exhausted. They faint onstage!" Baekhyun looks worried.

"So I wouldn't be able to see _________ a lot?" Kai asks, stunned.

"Probably not," admits Suho gently. 

 

"I don't know if I can do this," Kai says hesitantly.

"It's been our dream forever though, Kai," Sehun reminds him. " We've wanted this opportunity since we were four. I'm not trying to change your mind at all. I know you'll make the right decision if you follow your heart. Just think about what you want most at the end of the day. Who do you want to be, and where do you want to be?"

 

Why are decisions so difficult? Kai thinks, sadly.

I'm so conflicted I can't even make fun of Sehun for being a complete cheeseball. 

 

 

Your POV:

 

Kai comes home late that night, and you greet him with some chicken you'd been cooking all day.

"Wow, so this is what heaven smells like," Kai moans as he walks in, shooting you a sweet smile. You smile back, but can't help but frown at how exhausted your usually energetic husband looks. Dark circles under his eyes and face rid of its usual playful demeanor, you worrry about how this life will affect him after his debut. 

You eat your chicken, both in a thoughtful silence, worried about the day to come tomorrow. 

 

It'll be a big day for Kai, and all you want is to help him through it.