Marry Me

Life of Kai: Being Married to Kim Jongin

Previously at SM High's first school dance after being led outside by the love of your life...

Kai smiles down at you, and leads you outside. "I really do love you, _____________, he says softly."

"I love you too, Kai. With my everything."

 

"Really?" he says, staring intensely into your eyes.

"Really!" you reply, with a smile. Kai, your boyfriend, then proceeds to utter words you never expected to hear at that moment in time.

 

"Then marry me, ________."

-----------------Beginning of Story------------------------

"M....Marry you...?" you stammer, dumbfounded and confused at how he could even suggest that at your age. Sure, he is perfect, sure, you love him, and sure you can you see yourself being with him for the rest of your life, but you're so young and statistics root against people who marry in high school. 

 

"Yes, ___________-ah, marry me," Kai says softly, not taking his eyes off of yours, holding you close and swaying gently with you to the music playing inside.

 

"But Jongin...we're in high school!" you protest logically, taking in his sweet yet spicy scent and loving every touch of his long fingers on your skin. He smiles at you, and you melt inside and your heart skips a beat.

"Neh, but ______________, always and forever," he whispers.   

 

 

------------------------------Flashback-------------------------------

You had just had Kai help you prepare for a showcase when he texts you.

 

 

From: Kai

Hey, thanks for practicing today. Can’t wait to see you tomorrow! Remember, you have my number if you ever need to talk. I'll always be there for you. Always and forever. :)

 

 

You had screenshotted that text to keep forever, never wanting to forget. The "always and forever" line made your heart ache with happiness everytime you saw it, and gave you hope on your worst days.

 

Then Kai went into a coma after his heart stopped beating, and you read the message a billion times, begging God to allow your beloved Jongin to come back so you could be together always and forever.

 

 

 

*A little over a month passes with Kai in a coma...*

"Everyone's so supportive of you, Kai. Everyone misses you. I reallly miss you too, and we all want you to wake up soon because...well because we need you back. Everything without you. I don't look forward to anything in school anymore, now that I don't have you waiting for me at that wall we met at. Remember that, Kai? That was totally embarassing! I remember everything, you know. Always and forever, right?" you remember saying, just wanting him to open his beautiful eyes that understand everything you say, and that can tell everything about your feelings in one glance.

 

You remember the most relief-filled moment of your life.

 

"Right," Kai sighed, ever so quietly. So quiet, in fact, you could barely tell if it happened or if you were going absolutely insane. 

 

"R...right what, Kai...?" you had asked, desperately.

 

"A...always." he had muttered, still barely audible, but defintely real.

 

The sound you had missed with all your being reached your ears. He uttered three words you will cherish forever in your heart.

 

 

 

"Always...and forever."

 

 

 

 

--------Present Day-----------

 

"Yeah...always and forever, Jongin, but if it'll be always and forever then we don't have to rush into things, do we?" you ask, still trying to listen to your head over the screaming of your heart to say yes.

 

Kai gets down on one knee, holding your hand in his and pulls out a beautiful, huge, sparkling diamond ring.

 

"__________-ah, when I say always and forever I truly mean it, and I can and will love you for the rest of my life. I don't see why our life together forever can't start when we're in high school. From the moment I saw you, I knew you were special. You took away my breath when you walked onto campus, and to this day, and to this very moment, you always take away my breath. You make my heart beat faster everytime you look at me, and when you touch me I feel like a shockwave is coursing through my body. All I want is for you to be mine forever, and I want forever to start today. I love you more than I've ever loved anyone." 

 

Tears spill down your cheeks as you look at him tear up in front of you with emotion.

 

"Jongin...I...I love you too. But it's weird for people to get married in high school, and statistics and normality are really against it..." you trail off staring wide eyed at the ring he holds in front of you. 

 

"Love is weird, _________-ah, we both know that. Love makes people do weird things but I'll never regret loving you. Statistics  and normality are against a lot of things, you know. They're against me making it through my coma, and I did. They're against everyone, in fact. Only a certain amount of people migrated in the beginning of time, and if they stuck to statistics nobody would even be here. We don't need to be normal to be happy," Kai says looking up at you.

 

Aiisht, what a nerd, you think fondly.

 

You want nothing more than to marry this boy, and you want nothing more than to be his forever. You're scared, though, and he can tell.

 

"I will always be there, ______-ah. Always and forever. I'll always protect you and I'll always love you with all my heart, mind, and soul," he whispers.

 

You look down at him and into his glossy eyes and  you can tell he's perfectly serious.

"Yes, Jongin, I'll marry you, yes, yes yes," you say, laughing, smiling, and crying at the same time.

Kai then proceeds to slip the gorgeous ring onto your finger, lean you back, and kiss you fully with so much passion yet so much gentleness you think you might explode with emotion. 

 

After about 10 minutes of this kiss from heaven, you hear someone clear their throat behind you.

 

"YAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

 

 

 

Author's Note:
Hi everyone! I just wanted to let you all know that the story will be easier to follow if you read its prequel, but if you don't want to, that's okay too. I'll try to do flashbacks or whatever. For the old readers who I also love, I'm sorry if it seems repetitve, but I wanna try to help everyone understand. Please leave comments, I love reading them and I do consider every suggestion. The first chapters are always slow because I don't know what I'm going to do, exactly, yet so bear with me!
Saranghae!