Chapter 29

My One and Only
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello. How's everyone? 

 

>>

 

 

"Do you want to go anywhere's Chaerin?" 

No answer came from you and Baekhyun looked at the rearview mirror, seeing your head lay against the window. 

"She must've had too much fun," Chanyeol  said. Your soft breathing was heard and they both smiled. 

"Hey, I heard she's going to get you a girlfriend." Chanyeol wiggled his eyebrows and Baekhyun scoffed. 

"Yeah. I'm not really over her though," Baekhyun murmured, tightening his grip on the steering wheel. 

Chanyeol stayed silent and pitied his best friend. Poor guy had to endure all the couple moments you and D.O had. 

"You will. When you see her friend, try to make all of your feelings for Chaerin vanish. But don't force yourself on her friend, because maybe she'll think that you're just using her. Take all the time you need."

Chanyeol started again,"What do you like about Chaerin?"

Baekhyun stopped the car on a red light and turned his head to gaze at you. 

"She's...she's not like the others who show to impress. She may be sarcastic sometimes, but she's just joking around. Every time I see her, I smile for no apparent reason. She looks really strong and stable, but she's actually really vulnerable. When D.O left to attend to Minah's...um..needs? I don't know, but seeing her broken state had pulled me." 

The car went forward and Chanyeol nodded here and there. 

"Before, I only saw her as a sister. But as time went on, seeing her with D.O made me click and then I suddenly thought,'I like her.' 
I actually already confessed to her the evening of her and D.O's anniversary." 

Chanyeol looked really surprised and stumbled on his words. "You-What..H-.." 

"We were just talking about how lucky D.O was and I just suddenly brought up the fact that she was taken a way by my friend. I didn't think she would find out that fast that it was her I was talking about." Baekhyun smiled at the memory and stopped the car in his part of the garage.

"Baekhyun, did you somehow tell D.O about you liking Chaerin?" 

Baekhyun turned off the engine and grabbed his control. "I didn't directly tell him. But I think he has the hunch that I do. I remember telling him that if he continues to hurt Chaerin, I wouldn't hesitate to take her away from him, but that all depends if she would be willing to like me. But I don't want to ruin their relationship. No matter how much it hurts, I can't ruin that bright face of hers." 

Chanyeol sighed in relief at his best friend's wise words and got out of the car. 

"I'll take her up Baek. You go get some rest and think about giving someone a chance." 

Baekhyun slowly nodded and locked his car after he saw you being carried out by Chanyeol. 

"My feelings may not be that strong, but I'll still like you, until then." 

Chanyeol took note of your clothes and nodded in approval. 1) He didn't want you to sleep in uncomfortable clothes. 2) Waking you up was something he didn't want to do. 3) Changing your clothes would be that last thing he would do. 4) D.O would kill him. 

"Night Chaerinnie. I'll make sure Baekhyun moves on. Sleep tight and think about you devil boyfriend~"


>>


You groaned and rubbed your eyes. You your phone under the pillow to see what time it was. 

2PM

How long was I out? 

You then took note of the 11 missed calls D.O had made. "Eh?" 

You returned his call and waited for him to pick up. 

"D.O!" 

"I can't talk now, I'm about to go inside the conference room. Love you, talk to you later." 

He hung up before you could reply and you closed your eyes. 

"I need to get up." 

You walked into the bathroom and looked at your reflection in the mirror. "I did gain weight. Dang." 

Sighing, you pressed the button next to the faucet for the water to come out and grabbed your blue toothbrush and toothpaste. 

You hummed to the lullaby D.O always sang to you, Moonlight, and rocked your head to the beat. 

After feeling satisfied of how clean your mouth felt, you rinsed out the spit and washed your face with some acne wash to get rid of any excess oils and dirt. 

"I wonder if the guys are awake." 

Splashing your face and wiping it off with a towel, you exited the washroom and changed into some dance clothes: mc hammers, high tops, and a tee. 

"I can't believe I canceled out on the end-of-the-year party. Baek and I could have ate cheesecake the whole night." You frowned and left your room. 

Tao and Luhan were snoring on the couches, looking deadbeat. "Sleepy heads." 

You left the house and took a long jog to the studio. 

About 2 blocks away was the studio and you got a video call from D.O. You slowed your pace down and answered it, not caring how sweaty and bad your hair looked. 

"Woah. You look..hot?" 

"Shut up." 

"I'm kidding. Where are you?" He leaned his phone against a cup and brought his face close to the lens. 

"Ah," he softly shrieked and you giggled at how cute he was being, despite how he was wearing a suit. 

"I'm on the way to the studio. I just woke up about 20 minutes ago. The others are still sleeping." 

He nodded and watched you wave to some people you were familiar with from his phone. 

"Sorry I didn't answer your calls last night. I left it at home and I didn't find out until I woke up." You put a finger under your eyebag and drag it down, showing how sad you were in a scary, unattractive way. 

"No worries. As long as I get to talk to you." 

He did a kissy face and you felt like throwing up. "Doing that makes you look ugly. Please stop."

He didn't and even added some noises. "Yah, I'm in public right now." 

"And so am I," he replied. 

"Yeah everyone this is my boyfriend!" You loudly, but proudly stated. 

Everyone stopped in their tracks and sent you strange looks. 

"They don't like you," you told him with a smirk. 

"Everyone likes me. I have a cute face." 

"Second part is true. Can't agree with the first though." 

He scoffed lightly and caight a glimpse of some people in the building you just entered. 

"Good afternoon everyone," you greeted, putting your phone down by your side to block D.O's view.

"Aye Chaerin."

"Morning kid~"

"You look so tired." 

"You look so ugly today." 

Your head snapped at the person who said it, and glared at him. "Yeah, I hate you too sunbae." 

You said a few more words to the other instructors before going to the first class you had to teach. 

"Hey D.O, do you wanna see the boys we met at the fro-yo shop?" Your face popped back up on his screen and he made a face. 

"The kids who took your attention?" 

"Yes those kids." 

"Not interested in seeing them." 

"Fine then. No more video calls." 

You were about to hang up when he gave up. 

"No don't!" 

You giddily smiled and Hyunwoo's cute face was shown to D.O. 

"Hi hyung!" He waved and D.O awkwardly smiled back. "Boys, do you remember him?" 

D.O looked like a complete idiot. He stared back at all of the eyes that were eyeing him and said,"Uh. Hey kids?" 

"Noona, why is hyung so weird?" 

You laughed heartily and squeezed the kid by the neck. 

"He was born like that Daehyun." 

"Oh..." they all said in unison. 

"Yah!" D.O groaned and left the outside table to get away from the public. 

"Kids, say bye to your hyung." 

"Bye hyung." 

"Hope we can see you next time!" 

D.O nodded and waited to have some more talking time with you. 

"Where are you going?" 

"Back to the hotel. Our meeting ended early so I went to a restaurant by myself. I don't know where Chen went." 

You snarled at the mention of his name. "I hate him." 

"We all know Chaerin." He stopped for all the car to pass before crossing the street. 

"Be careful," you mumbled. You didn't want him to get hurt carelessly. 

"I know, I know." He successfully ran across and dashed to the elevator. 

"My class is waiting for me so hurry up and say whatever you need to tell me." 

The elevator dinged and he took the hotel card out of his blazer's pocket. 

"I love you." 

You blushed and he winked from the lens. 

"I'll call you tonight. Don't overwork yourself." 

"I will. Don't work too hard."

"Mm. Take care." 

"Love you. Bye Kyung." 

"Bye Chaerin." 

The video call ended and you got up to turn on the speakers. 

"Who's ready to dance?" You encouraged them to move freely before the choreo would begin. 

"WE ALL ARE!" They answered as a team. 

"Good. I'll call on someone and you have to show me a short dance." 

"With the music noona?" You nodded and grabbed the nano that was plugged in by the speaker. 

Clicking the shuffle button, you paused the upcoming song and called on Jongjin. 

Pressing play, he waited until he was familiar with the beat. Jongjin shuffled his feet and did a quick, sharp turn before adding some hand moves. 

You clicked the arrow to indicate the next song and Jongjin stopped. "Daehyun, show me what you got." 

Daehyun, a free

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter