Chapter 25

My One and Only
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Happy Father's Day! ^_^

Editing this after I finish the next chapter~

 

>>

 

After spending your first night in D.O's room, he decided to start sleeping with you. And JUST sleeping. Nothing more than sleeping in each other's arms. 

You still felt a bit weird sleeping with him, but it helped you sleep with ease. The two of you took turns sleeping in each other's respected bedrooms. 

Everyone was at a meadow to play around and have some quality time after work and school got in the way. Work for the elders while school for Kai, Sehun, Tao, and you. 

Luhan, Chanyeol, and Kai were on a team to play soccer while Xiumin, Lay, and Sehun were on there's. 

Kris had a canvas out to 'start his artistic instincts of nature' as he had said earlier. 

Suho played a game of frisbee with you, Tao, and D.O. Poor Suho couldn't coordinate with the wind and ended up having the frisbee return back to him and hit his arm. 

"This is suppose to be a FRISBEE, not a BOOMERANG," he emphasized on the nouns.

Tao went see if his arm was okay, and Suho was thankful for the Chinese youngster to make sure he was not hurt. 

You looked at D.O and he laughed the moment he caught the glint of joy in your eyes. 

Baekhyun couldn't do much besides preparing the lunch with Chen. The doctor informed him not to do much or his head would start aching. 

Chen stuffed his mouth with some pretzel sticks. He lied down after he was satisfied with the picnic set-up, wanting to get some sleep. 

But that sleep was interrupted when you came and sat next to Baekhyun, blabbering about some stuff that he did not understand. He as in Chen. 

"Nam Chaerin, shut that big mouth of yours. It seriously runs off faster than a motor on a boat." 

You started to quarrel with him and Baekhyun couldn't help himself but like the argument. 

D.O came and stopped the two cousins from hurting each other if any physical contact was bound to happen. 

"We're suppose to get along on this outing, not annoy each other." 

"She started it!" Chen pointed at her. 

"Me?! I was just talking to Baekhyun and you-" 

"Calm down." D.O kissed your cheek and Chen gagged at the affection.

"Go make-out behind a tree, not here!"

You blushed and pushed D.O away. "Shut up Kim Jongdae!" 

You grabbed a stick from the ground and whacked him with it on his leg. 

"I'm older than you and you're calling me by my full name! Talk about rude, punk!" 

"Chaerin." 

You growled and looked away from your cousin. 

"He could be the second incarnation of satan y'know?" You muttered under your breath and grabbed a sandwich from Baekhyun, who had handed it to you. 

"EAT UP GUYS!" 

They all dropped whatever they were holding and scattered to get something to fill themselves up. 

Xiumin and Chanyeol were whispering to each other and pointed at each other. Chanyeol seemed like he was giving up and took the mayo from Xiumin. 

He hushed everyone by putting his finger to his lips and pointed at the dreaming Chen. 

He squeezed the the tube and the dressing oozed out. Chanyeol masterly drew a mustache and also a tiny triangle on his nose. 

"Let's carry him to the canoe." 

Xiumin helped him out and waddled to the canoe lying face down. 

Kris and Kai had to flip it over and they put Chen's body in. Chen would be okay since the small creek wasn't that deep and he had a life jacket with him in the canoe and paddles. 

"He doesn't have his phone or wallet right?" 

Suho waved Chen's possessions in his hand and the boys made a thumbs up.

They watched as the canoe started to slowly drift away. 

"Who's waking him up?"

Baekhyun offered and snickered. "KIM JONGDAE! WE'RE LEAVING!" 

Chen jolted up too hard and the canoe flipped over. 

All of them guffawed and ran away before Chen could get them. 

"YAH! YOU DAMN IDIOTS!" 

Instead of going back on the canoe, he swam back, more like walked back, to land. 

"CHANYEOL AND XIUMIN DID IT!" 

"Whaaaaa?" Xiumin faked. 

"KIM MINSEOK! PARK CHANYEOL!" Chen chased them with his wet clothes, having a hard time running since the clothes were sticking on too tight and his socks were irritating him. 

Everyone had a blast that afternoon, minus the attack that Chanyeol and Xiumin received from Chen. 


>>


The day before D.O and Chen had to leave for the seminar...


D.O watched you sketch a picture of the Eiffel Tower. He had never seen your drawings. Heck, he never knew you drew! 

Many people didn't know you liked art. It was a hobby you kept a secret. Even Woohyun didn't know. The only ones that knew were Jin and your middle-school friends: Hyerin, Naeun, Kimi, and Naeun.

Now another person to add to the list. Yippee. 

"What's up?" D.O asked from behind.

 You jumped and hid the sketch book under a stack of paper. 

"O-Oh..hey?" 

He looked confused. Why is she hiding her work? 

"I asked you a question," he sat himself down on the bed. 

"Oh, my bad.. Um.. I was finishing up my entrance exam information sheet for the next school year?" That was partially true. You were working on that before you started drawing. 

D.O arched his black brow, but left it alone. He'll ask you some other time.

"Do you want to go to the fountain with me?" 

Fountain. The place where you held your 6 month anniversary with him. 

You fervently nodded and forgot all about your sketch. He was satisfied with your clothing so he immediately took your hand and went on his way to the fountain with you. 

On the way there, you tripped on an uneven section of cement and D.O didn't catch you in time. You fell and pouted. "Stupid cement." You hit the ground and got up with his help. 

"Watch where you're stepping, moron."

He brushed your knees and made sure you weren't scratched. He flicked your nose and walked away before you. 

You hurriedly went to his side and literally watched where you were stepping. 

"I didn't mean to literally watch." He smiled and laced your fingers through his. "Just be aware of your surroundings." 

"Pft! I knew that.." You mumbled. 

"I'm sure you did." 

Complete silence knocked the two of you.

The fountain was now right in front and D.O sat down on the edge, your hands still in his.

"Kyung." You played with his fingers. 

"Yeah?" 

"What if my heart problem gets severe and I end up dying?" 

His grip on your hand tightened and his eyes bore into yours. No, no. This couldn't be occurring now. Not now. Not when Minah had permanently left for good. "What do you mean? Did it turn out severe? You're not leaving me right?" His eyes were getting watery and he was scared, scared that you will go. 

You felt bad for bringing that up. "No. no. I'm not dying, yet. I promise you. I was just asking." 

He still looked frightened and confused. 

"Yet? What's that suppose to mean?" 

You sighed. "We'll all end up dying right? None of us are immortal. As long as my medication is processing the way it should be like right now, I'm okay." 

He hugged you out of nowhere with love and care. A tear trailed out of his eye. He thought you were really telling him that you were going to die soon. That couldn't and will not happen in this lifetime. He wasn't married to you, he didn't start a family with you, he needed you. 

"Don't scare me like that. You can't leave me. Why would you bring up such a thing? Of course I would mourn and not feel strong without you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter