Chapter 20

My One and Only
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hope you realized I changed the title~ I like this one much better, but should I leave out the "+ 11 others?" 

please tell me what you think! i really dislike seeing no one commenting about what they feel about

my updates or when i ask a question. it's really embarrasing for an author to not receive feedback. 

i gain subscribers all the time when i update, yet they're all silent readers :( 

it upsets me so much. 

anyways, here's an update to satisfy you. 

 

>>

 

D.O fed you the soup Lay personally made for you. 

"Finish this and then take two of these pills." 

He blew on the steamy water and brought it to your lips. You let the warm soup go down your throat and felt a burning sensation in your digestive system. 

You successfully finished the tasty soup and wrapped your fingers around the glass cup of water. D.O put two pills in your mouth and you quickly drank some water to get rid of the cherry taste. 

"Do you need anything? I'm not going to work today, so just tell me whatever you want."

"C-can you hug m-me? I'm c-cold." 

He wordlessly slipped himself next to your freezing body and kept you warm with his heated one. 

"Like this?" He asked as he placed your head on his upper chest. 

You hummed and embraced him with your cold hands. The heat from his body made you warm and fuzzy. 

"Kyung?" 

"Hm?" 

D.O played with your hair and listened to what you needed to say. "What are we going to do with Minah?" You whispered. 

"You're sick and you worrying about this issue?"

You frowned and hugged him tighter. "I-I just wanted to know.. I don't think I'm going to get well soon. And me..being sick while she's here..will be a big problem."

He sighed and brought you even closer, half of your body on top of his. 

"Just be a good girl and rest well for me, alright? Don't think about her right now. Think about yourself and your health." 

"O-Okay. But.." You weren't able to finish up your sentence because you covered your mouth and got out of D.O's hold. 

His eyes widened and he followed you to your bathroom. 

He helped you hold your hair and patted your back. Your breathing got heavier and your eyes somehow started to water. After you knew that your stomach felt empty, you flushed the toilet and wiped your face. You made sure to rinse your mouth thoroughly to get rid of the stench.

"I think I should bring you to the hospital. Your condition looks worse Chaerin," he muttered. 

"I..I feel dizzy.. A-And my chest h-hur.." You fainted in his arms and he cursed in his head. 

He carried you bridal style and called Suho. 

"Hyung call the hospital and tell them that Chaerin fainted and that we're on the way!" 

Suho dialed the local hospital and told them about their situation. 

Kai started his car and drove you and D.O. 

"I knew you should have went earlier; fainting on me," he scoffed. 

He listened to your low breaths and prayed silently for you to recover soon. 

"We're here." Kai opened the door for the two of you. Two nurses came and helped D.O put you on the gurney. 

"We'll bring her to a room to check up on her and we'll then transfer her to a private room. It shouldn't take no longer than 10 minutes so you can go and sit in the waiting room," one nurse said. 

"Thank you," Kai and D.O said together. They went sit down and waited. 


>>


"She's resting in Room 302. A doctor will be there to tell you what's wrong. You may go see them." 

The two bowed and went into an elevator. 

"Do you think her condition is serious?" Kai asked while ruffling his hair.

"We'll go and find out now." 

The elevator stopped and slid open. 

"I'll wait here hyung." 

D.O nodded and knocked on the door, revealing a young male doctor. 

"Hello." D.O said with a small bow. 

The doctor bowed back with a smile. "Guardian of Ms. Nam? 

"Just the boyfriend." The doctor nodded and told D.O to come in. 

D.O saw your sleeping body and looked at the heart monitor. 

"As you may already know, she has a very high fever. We're glad you brought her here in time because her body would have shut down. But I hope you're aware that she has a heart problem?" He stated, but it seemed like a question. 

"A h-heart problem? I'm not aware of t-that.." D.O stuttered. 

The doctor frowned and told D.O to sit down. 

"Does she know?" The doctor asked. 

D.O shook his head,"She would have told me or her brother." 

The doctor nodded and then went into further detail with the heart problem. "It's not a serious one to where she can die from it, but it could have grown larger making it turn into a critical one. We have the proper medicine for it to be cured, and thankfully, like I said earlier, that you brought her here in time because if you didn't, her heart would have stopped beating, making her body possibly shut down." 

"Thank you so much doctor," D.O stood up and shook hands with the doctor along with another bow. 

"It's my pleasure. We will be having frequent check-ups on her to make sure her heart is processing the right way." 

D.O nodded and the doctor left the room. 

He told Kai to come in and see you. 

"She has a heart problem and we brought her here on time or her body would have completely shut down." 

Kai squatted next to you and poked your arm. 

"So she's going to be okay?" 

D.O nodded and texted Woohyun about you being in the hospital. 

Kai called Luhan to tell the others about your emergency. Luhan said they were all going to meet up at the hospital in a little bit.

"Ugh."

You suddenly woke up and grabbed your head. 

"Why am I in the hospital?" 

You looked at D.O who glared at you. "Yah, you have a severe problem and you're asking why you're here?" 

"Sorry, stupid question.." 

"Aish. How are you feeling?" 

"Like a pile of crap." 

Kai looked at you funny and laughed silently. 

"Kkamjjong why are you laughing at me?" 

You sat up and squinted your eyes at him. "KKAMJJONG?!" 

You ignored his cries and the door opened. "We brought fruits for you~" Xiumin placed them on top of the table and took an orange for himself. 

"Hey kiddo," Kris said with a nod. 

"Sup," you replied. 

"You should eat some. It'll help your immune system." Baekhyun stuffed a grape in your mouth and you happily ate it. 

"You should be glad you're alive," Chen said while biting on his apple. 

"What do you mean?" You asked curiously.

"You could have died earlier." D.O hit Chen's head hard and said,"Don't scare her like that stupid."

"I could have died?" You asked with fright in your voice. "How come?" 

The boys pushed D.O to explain what was going on. "Chaerin, did you know you had a heart problem?" 

"A w-what? Heart problem?" 

He sat himself down next to you and explained your condition carefully. 

"So you saved my life basically. That's cool." 
 
He gaped at you and exclaimed, "You could have died and you're acting as if it's not a big deal!" 

You shook your head. 

"I was joking. But thank you for taking care of me. I really appreciate it." 

You extended your arms out for you to hug him. "I don't want your germs to spread on me." 

You then called Baekhyun's name,"Baekkie, hug me! He's being a buttface again!" 

Baekhyun's face brightened up and pushed D.O away to hug you. 

"Who said you could touch her?" 

You mehrong-ed your boyfriend and told Baekhyun to ignore him. "Nam Chaerin." 

"Your fault for not hugging me. Thanks Baekhyun." You let go of him and stared at D.O.  

The others looked at you amusingly. Seems like you were recovering fast. 

"When can I get out of here? It's suffocating and scary." 

"You're suffocating and scary," Chen said while playing a game on his cellular device. 

"And you're a buttface like D.O." 

"Say that again and you'll be sorry." D.O shot you a scary gaze and you hid your face under the sheet, afraid to meet Satan.

Oh, you were a cruel girlfriend alright; addressing your significant other as the devil. 

"Hehe, D.O has anyone ever told you how sweet of a devil you are?" 

You faked a smile then whimpered when he got closer. "What'd you say?" 

"I said you're the best boyfriend ever?" 

You awkwardly scratched your head and smiled up at him. 

"Here comes the lovey-dovey part," Suho said.

"Cover the maknaes eyes. That also includes Kai." 

Kai protested and said,"I see them lip-locking everyday! It's not a big deal." 

"Guys we're not going to kiss," you plainly said. You didn't want to pass your virus to him and even if you weren't sick, you didn't want to do it in front of them. 

D.O pinched your cheek like the usual and you whined at the pain. "That really hurts you buttface!" 

"Exactly why I do it," he snapped and poked the red mark it left.

"Hyung you're so mean to her," Sehun said. 

"Yeah! I agree with that kid!" You told D.O.

"Kid?! I'm older than you!" 

"Oops. You seem younger." 

"Yeah because you have an old auntie's face." 

You glared at Sehun who was high-fived by everyone, excluding Baekhyun. "I hate you all." 

"You hate me Rin?" 

"Except Baekhyun. He's the only nice person." 

"Why are you and Baekhyun so close now?" D.O asked. 

You and Baekhyun exchanged looks and he blushed. "We're bestfriends. Right?" You nudged him and he nodded while slinging an arm around your neck. 

"Is anyone up for jjajjamyun? Because my tummy is craving some right now," Chanyeol commented.

"Me. I'm starving." 

"Oh definitely. I miss eating it." 

"Can't we order chicken?"

"NO!" 

Kai frowned and muttered words about how rude everyone was. 

"Do you want some too Chaerin?"

You nodded and Chanyeol went out with Lay, Kris, and Suho. 

"What game should we play while we wait?" Luhan suggested.


>> 


You pointed at Xiumin. He pointed to himself and then pointed at Sehun. Sehu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter