06: The Greasy Confusion

Can U Smile?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Greasy Confusion

[Song of the Day: INFINITE - Cover Girl]

The sky was covered with cottony clouds, which were also embraced with the bright of sunrays. The day was rather busy for everyone in the café. It was an ordinary day again for them, but it seemed that it was not for Sunggyu. He was smiling brightly as he entered the café. It was not Sunggyu's usual 'self'. Sunggyu was never rude, but not a cheerful person to begin with. He had always maintained his professional facade in front of everyone. "Work is work."-- This has been his motto in the professional world. It would actually be a 'miracle' if he would glint a genuine smile on his face. But at that moment, the impossible became possible. Kim Sunggyu was walking towards the staff members as he pulled off an optimistic vibe, contrary to his usual cold and serious personality.

"Good morning, Sir." The staff members greeted cheerfully, and bowed in respect to him. They were quite shocked when they saw their former manager smiling like there was no tomorrow, but managed to suppress it since they thought that it was not really bad to see Sunggyu with his cheerful side. It was rather nice to see him pulling off an optimistic personality in front of everyone.

The lad bowed his head. "Good morning too." Sunggyu greeted back and entered his office.

Mr. Bong noticed that Sunggyu had been smiling frequently for the past week. It was never usual to the stoic and serious Sunggyu he has been meeting every day. Just on how the café sales increased, it seemed that Sunggyu's personality changed too.

Mr. Bong wondered curiously, "Oh. What is with the smile, Sunggyu-nim?"

Sunggyu replied as he hid the bright expression on his face, "Smile? Eopseum. Wae? Should I have a definite reason to smile?" He looked to the windows, and gazed out to see the glowing sun. It was pleasing in his eyes, giving him the soothing feeling inside his chest.

Mr. Bong tapped his chin and remarked, "I can smell something different from what you were acting these days. This is very unusual of you, Sunggyu-nim."

"Mr. Bong, you said it is unusual? Then, get used to it from now on." He smiled once again.

The old man quipped, "I know that someone is making you smile. You do not even need to tell me."

Sunggyu's brow furrowed in curiousity, "Someone?"

Mr. Bong stated vaguely, "The color needed of the café seems to be found by you already." The old man smiled.

Curiosity once again knocked Sunggyu's unconscious mind, "I did?" He was a bit bewildered by Mr.Bong's statement. It was meaningful, but rather ambiguous in general.

"But, you still do not know what exactly it is. Just look around and you will be able to discover it too." Mr. Bong replied. The lad's eyes wandered around, in search for answers.

Since Mr. Bong's statement bothered him, Sunggyu just changed the topic into something else. He asked, "Anyway, did the 'boss' arrive already?"

"Ani. Not yet." Mr. Bong replied.

"Good morning, Sir Woohyun." The staff members were beaming a smile on their faces as they greeted their café manager, but Woohyun was not in the mood to pull off a nice aura. He raised his hand slightly.

Woohyun replied back sleazily, "Annyeong."

His older brother went towards him. "Woohyun-ah. Why do you look so tired? You have not done much to this café, yet you look stressed out already. Should you give up now?" Sunggyu suggested subtly. He was surely doing a reverse psychology to test whether Woohyun was trying to be a responsible man or not. 

Woohyun tried to muster all the spare strength he has despite thinking about his unanswered whereabouts last night, which also was the reason of his doziness this morning. He was not in the mood to bicker or blabber some s during that time. His frustration made him feel lethargic, and with Sunggyu's sardonic remark, it might get worse. He held up his temper.

"Anio. Why would I? I think it is still not in my vocabulary. Perhaps, it will never be." Wohyun replied tactfully. He let out a sigh.

"Oh~My apologies." Sunggyu derided. His younger brother gave him an idle gaze.

The younger man answered, "I do not have much energy to argue with you today hyung. If you want, save this for next time. Anyway, I will start working now. " Woohyun got his things and walked back. Sunggyu was left stupefied

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter