13: Here I Come Jeonju!

Can U Smile?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Here I Come Jeonju

[Song of the Day: Super Junior - Reminiscence]

Taeyeon went to the bus station and bought a ticket for Jeonju. She was definitely excited to go back to her hometown. It had been years since she stayed for long there. Perhaps, it was the only chance that she was able to buy time for a rest. She had been busying herself in work just for her to be able to pay her family's endless debts. It is good that the mafias who attacked their house earlier did not come back again, because if they did she would not be able to beat them because she is always out for work. It would have been better if her parents and her brother came along with her. Unfortunately, they still have to fix something in Seoul.

"What could be that thing?" She asked herself. She seemed to be not updated with their family matters for a while, because work has been her priority lately. Another thing which bothered her is on why her boss, Nam Woohyun dismissed her early for a vacation.

"He is so weird. What was with that guy?" She wondered. Too much inquiries would just give pain in her head. Whatever the reason maybe, she was the one getting most of the benefits from it.

She went inside the bus. It was still empty. She was the first passenger on it. Taeyeon decided to occupy a seat on the right corner at the back. Back seats work best for her. She opened her phone and inserted earplugs on it. Then, she put it on her ears. Listening to calmative music during trips lessens her stress. After all, it would be a couple of hours before she would be able to reach the province. She gently closed her eyes as she listened to the song playing from her phone.

As soon as he finished packing his things, Sunggyu went to the bus stop and bought himself a ticket. He could probably take the airplane if he wanted since he was at the airport earlier, but riding a bus was still a better choice for him. A great sense of excitement pounded in his chest. At last, he would be able to break. He knew it would not be safe to leave the café in Woohyun's hands, but Mr. Bong was there to assist his cocky brother. He surmised that Woohyun would not miss a chance to fix his image to their grandparents during his short absence. Still and all, it was the competitive Nam Woohyun.

He entered the bus. Sunggyu occupied a seat on the back at the left portion of the bus. He felt comfortable seeing the bus having no passengers yet. Actually, he saw a lone figure sitting at the back. It seemed to be a woman. He turned his head at the back direction to take a glance of the other passenger who was sitting behind him. Sunggyu could not see her face clearly because the woman was reclining her head on the window. He faced forward. It was not his business anyway.

Meanwhile, Woohyun was still pathetically regretting his decision to give her an earlier break. He was greatly blaming himself for his rash and rushed action. It was good that the other staff members did not question it, or else it would surely be complicated. Right that moment, Woohyun was not prepared to explain himself. He was not in the proper state of mind and mood to defend the things he did. Not even a single excuse or lie popped inside his head. Good thing that Taeyeon was able to have their side.

"I wonder if how she is doing right now. Did she already arrive at Jeonju? I hope she is safe," he thought out of concern.

The idea of celebrating the 14th was nothing more than a wishful thinking. Since he would not be able to hold his earlier plan, he probably would spend Valentine's Day with his silly friends. That day was actually senseless for a single lad like him. He would probably consume that day ranting and telling his friends how life has been continuously unfair for him.

Two hours and forty five minutes had passed. There were other passengers who rode on the bus a while ago but, it was only Sunggyu and the other passenger who were left. Finally, the bus reached its destination.

"We are here at Jeonju. Is anyone going to go down?" the bus conductor asked.

"I am." Sunggyu spoke gently as he fixed his things.

The door of the bus automatically opened as Sunggyu carried his things out.

After a short while, the bus conductor went towards the back seat of the bus. He said, "Young miss, isn't it that your ticket is for Jeonju too?" He patted her shoulders gently.

It was Taeyeon. She was awaken from her deep sleep. She removed her earphones and looked around.

"This is Jeonju already, right ahjusshi?" She asked.

"Yes this is." The ahjusshi replied.

Taeyeon apologized, "Aigoo~ I am sorry for falling asleep."

He asked, "Are you going down?"

She nodded her head. "Yes, I am."

Taeyeon raised her arms sideward the moment she stepped down from the bus. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes. She can feel the cold air passing through her face. Indeed, it was a good feeling. Out of the noise and problems of the city. She wanted to be in that peaceful state forever, but she knew she cannot. After a few days, she needs to go back to the reality where she had been used to.

She took glance at her watch. Taeyeon dug her phone inside her pocket. She said, “I should keep going now; otherwise I will end up sleeping at the streets.” She chuckled a bit. It has been a while since she visited Jeonju. Taeyeon has been very busy in work, so she did not have the chance to visit her hometown for the past few years. “Thank Goodness. I am back here at Jeonju, my paradise.” mumbled the young woman to herself.

“Young Master, annyeong haseyo.” An old man bowed his head. The lad gave him a genial smile. "Annyeong haseyo! Mr. Song, it has been a while since we have seen each other." He bowed down politely.

The old man smiled. He said, "Nae, Sir Sunggyu. Let me help you with those baggage."

Sunggyu shook his head and assured, "No, Mr. Song. These are not that heavy. I only brought a few things with me. But, thank you for offering some help."

The old man insisted, "But, Sir Sunggyu~"

"You should take me to the orange orchard instead after I put these things inside my room. Can you please do that for me, Mr. Song? I bet you have taken care of the orange orchard well. I am so excited to grab some oranges there."

The old man did not reply. Sunggyu pouted childishly and begged, "Please."

Mr. Song chuckled with his childishness. "Okay, I will."

The young man beamed with a bright smile. He said, "You are really the best, Mr. Song."

The old man nodded his head. He joked, "Nae, nae. Since when did the serious and business-minded kid, Kim Sunggyu learn how to be childish?"

The two of them went inside the house. Sunggyu placed his baggage near the couch. He sat on the couch comfortably.

He said wittily, "People change, Mr. Song. People change, and so do I. " The old man answered, "I know. Even the heart changes."

Sunggyu asked awkwardly, "Heart?"

The old man nodded his head. He answered back, "Yes, even a person's heart changes. That is inevitable."

The young man said, "That is sometimes true, but there are also times that it is not."

Mr. Song's eyebrows furrowed with confusion. "Why did you say so?"

He looked away, and said, "That is what the reality shows me." It went to a moment of silence.

The old man broke the ice, and asked, "So, have you found your 'lucky' one? Don't tell me that you have not yet found a girlfriend, Sir Sunggyu."

Sunggyu was frozen with his question, but tried to calm himself. He said in defense, "Girlfriend? Oh that~ I am busy right now that I cannot afford to have a time looking for one, Mr. Song."

The old man joked, "Jinjja? Umm~ Don't tell me you have not yet get over with the 'orange princess' back then."

Sunggyu's eyes widen a bit. He became speechless when he heard the words 'orange princess. He mumbled to himself, "Oh that girl. I wonder where she is right now. Andwae, I should not think about her anymore." His fist clenched hardly as he felt a sharp pang inside his chest. The happiness drawn on his face suddenly vanished. He said awkwardly, "I do not have a clue of what you are talking about, Mr. Song." Sunggyu feigned a clueless look. He rose from where he was sitting.

It seemed like he did not want to talk about anything from the past, and he would not want to think about those things now. The old man noticed the gloom on his face.

Mr. Song asked worriedly, "Young Master, kwaechanha? I am very sorry for saying nonsensical things." He bowed his head down apologetically.

Sunggyu bowed his head down. He said coldly, "Aniyo, it is alright. Do not mind me, Mr. Song. Perhaps, I am just tired. I will just bring my things upstairs. Oh by the way, where is Eomma?"

"She went to the market. Mrs. Jang had her day-off today, that is why Mrs. Kim decided to buy some goods by herself. She wants to cook delicious foods for you for dinner, Young Master."

Sunggyu politely said, "Arasseo. Kamsahamnida, Mr. Song. Just call me upstairs once Eomma arrives. And by the way, it is past 7 pm now, so I guess that I will just drop by the orchard tomorrow." The old man bowed his head down.

He watched Sunggyu as he went upstairs. He said, "Does he still feel bad because of her?"

After an hour, Sunggyu was finished fixing his things inside his room. He laid down on his bed, and stared at the ceiling emptily. Many thoughts bothered his mind. All of them were from the past. The past that he tried to get over with. The memories from the past made him feel a pain inside his heart. They were the happiest, yet the saddest part of his childhood. He mumbled weakly, "Wae? Waeyo? Why did you just leave me like that?" Sunggyu rose up from the bed. He sat on the chair near the window of his room.

He pulled out the drawer of the table near the window, and brought out a small box. His hands were shaking as he opened the box. "If you just knew that I like you. If you just knew it. If you just knew it. If you just knew it. Why did you just leave me like a fool?"

He held the small keychain inside the box. "I waited for you at the place where we promised to meet, but you did not show up. I waited for long hours. I waited. I waited. I waited. I continued going back to the place until you come back. Too bad, you did not. I pathetically waited the other days until it came to the point that I gave up because I knew that it will be impossible for you to come back. Wae? Wae? Why did you do that? If I did tell you that I like you, you would have not left, right?"

(Co-author's note:*credits to the owner of the pic* This keychain is so kawaii!)

[~]

"Ah-dul! What are you doing there?" A voice of a woman resonated throughout the playground. It was a rainy Sunday afternoon of April 28, 1998.

The young man who was sitting on a swing lifted his head up. He mumbled dejectedly, "Eomma."

The woman immediately went towards the young man. She was holding a black umbrella. She knelt down in front of him, and pulled him towards her. The woman hugged her son tightly. "What are you doing here? It is raining hardly today! Why are you letting yourself be drenched in the rain? You know that you might get sick! Why didn't you listen to Eomma?"

He shook his head unconsciously. "Mianhae, Eomma. Mianhae." The woman saw the despair and sadness in his eyes. She said worriedly, "Sunggyu, my son. Today is your birthday. Do you want to get sick? You know that Eomma does not want you to get sick. Why did you go here inspite of knowing that it is raining today?"

He was on the verge of tears. He hugged his mother tightly. The young man mumbled weakly, "I waited for her. I waited for her. But, where is she? I want to see her. I always wait for her here, but she does not come back. She does not come back."

She cleared , and said, "Do not be sad, Sunggyu. Please do not be like this."

Sunggyu did not give his mother a reply. He just leaned his head on his mother's shoulder. "Mianhae, Eomma. I am a stubb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter