02: The Angel and The Byuntae

Can U Smile?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Angel and The Byuntae

[Song of the Day: INFINITE - Feel So Bad]

The man asked, "How are we going to tell her that? Yeobo, she will get angrier if she finds out about it."

She answered, "But, that is what we are suppose to do. In fact, it is an obligation in your family."

"No, I would never force her to do that. I have done a lot of wrong things to her. I do not like to put another one that could make her hate me even more," he insisted. The old man promised to himself not to do anything which will disappoint their daughter. He had already committed enough mistakes which disappointed her, so the old man vowed not to be a burden to his daughter anymore.

A gentle voice was heard at the back of the room was heard, "Oh, Umma & Appa. What is with that look?" she went towards them and took a seat. The two of them flinched, but forced to remain composed.

"Uhmmm, nothing. Your dad is kind of~ hahahaha ~ He is forcing me to~" The old woman gave her husband a 'what-am-I-going-to-tell-her-look'.

She asked, "To what? I do not want to hear anything about gambling."

"No, not that. I am just asking her to let you~" The old man said but her words were cut off when his mouth was covered by his wife's hands.

The young lady's mother cut her husband's words off, "Let you loose yourself for a while." She smiled sheepishly.

The young lady said, "Ohh~ Arasseoyo. But, I do not think I can have such thing right now. Uhmm~ Is there anything else you would like to tell me?"

"Anio, my daughter. There is none. Do we look like we are gonna tell something?~" The old woman laughed awkwardly.

"Umma," she gave them a 'I-know-you-a-lot-look'.

Her mother stuttered, "Uhh that~"

"Baby, do you even consider having a boyfriend?" Her father asked in a dubious tone which made her burst out in laughter.

She said, "No, of course not. It is just a waste of time, Appa."

"Oh, alright," the man heaved a sigh.

She asked, "Why did you ask me that, anyways?" Her brows furrowed in puzzlement.

The old man uttered, "Ah~ Uh. Nothing. It is good that you do not have time for such trivial things."

She answered truthfully, "I do not think I would ever want to, Appa."

The atmosphere became odd, so the old woman broke the ice by asking, "Hey~ Why did you wake up this early? Do you have work in the martial arts center today?"

"Eomma, it is a stunt group," she corrected.

The old woman shook her head,"They are no different, after all."

"No, they are," the young lady insisted.

Her mother hissed, "Aigoo~ You are such a witty kid!"

The young lady grinned, "Algesseo, Eomma. Haha~ Anyways, I am going to apply for a job today. Being a stuntwoman affects my health. I think that I should switch to a better job with a high salary. I am not gonna risk my body for nothing. Wish me luck, okay?"

"Then, what job will you be applying for? You will not risk your body for nothing, but you want a job with a high pay. Don't tell me. Andwae~ You will work as a pr~" The old man's eyes widen in disbelief.

The young lady said, "Appa! It is not what you think! Aigoo! Aigoo!"

The old man felt embarrassed in front of his daughter. He bowed, "I am a pabo! Mianhae. Mianhae, my daughter."

It was a simple, yet calm Sunday that morning. It was a normal day in Seoul. The cold breeze caressed the skin of the people who have worn their winter clothes. The air was cold, yet it was soothing and relaxing. The young lady was strolling around, when..

"OMO! Dowajo! That thief got my bag!" A woman screamed as she ran.

The young lady mumbled, "Thief?"

She approached the older woman who seemed to be frustrated over something. "Miss, what happened?"

The old woman responded in a shaky voice, "Young lady, that thief! He stole my bag!"

"Agassi, call the cops. I will take care of him," she ran after the thief who stole the woman's bag.

The young lady shouted in disgust, "Hey! You thief!"

"Who are you? Why are you meddling?" The thief was somehow puzzled by her sudden appearance out of nowhere.

Once again, she shouted, "Please, give me that bag!"

The man asked in a sly manner, "Mu-eot? Why should I give you this? This is not yours. If you want one. Go get your own, little wench!"

She scoffed, "The hell! Do I look like a wench to you? Did you just call this pretty face a wench?"

"Tsk!" The man fastened his pace.

She hissed, "Yah! I am giving you a chance to return it. If you will not, you will regret it."

He mocked, "Are you scaring me?"

"You really do not want to, do you?" She clenched her fists and gritted her teeth in anger.

"You mouthy girl!" The man yelled.

The woman smirked, "Take this!" she punched the guy.

 

The old woman whose bag was stolen by that bastard thief was approached by the cop whom she contacted a while ago.

"So, did they go there?" A police officer asked.

"Yes, they went that way," the woman pointed the direction where the young lady & the thief went.

The police officer said, "Okay, let us go there."

 

The woman along with the cop saw the young lady and the thief. They saw the man lying down on the floor, with his face scrunched up and his appearance was messy because of being beaten up badly by the young lady.

"There!" The woman pointed.

The police handcuffed the thief, "Come with us to the station."

The thief looked flustered. He was completely beaten out by the young lady who he never expected to be as strong as an "amazon".

"Miss, we would like to hear your statement too," another policeman said.

 

They were at the police station. The thief denied the accusation of the old woman whose bag was snatched by him.

The young lady fumed in ire, "What? Darn it! You still have the guts to deny! Do you want me to wreck that face of yours completely?" She threatened him with a fistful punch.

The thief growled, "Omona! Can someone please stop her? She is like a tiger. How can a woman like her be that strong?"

The police spoke up to ease the tension between them, "Miss, calm down."

She sat back on her chair. The young lady heaved a sigh. She hissed in annoyance, "You bastard!"

 

"Eomma, what happened? Kwaenchanayo? " a man who appeared to be rich went towards them. It was the woman's son. He went towards them. The moment his mother contacted him that she was in the police station, he immediately rushed to the station to check the condition of his mother whose bag was stolen a while ago.

The old woman replied, "A thief attempted to steal my bag. Luckily, she came to save me." The woman pointed the young lady who saved her from the thief.

He turned his gaze to the young lady who stood up from her seat the moment he arrived, "Gomawo." The young man bowed his head stoically.

 The young woman became frozen on where she was standing. "Cheon~sa.. Cheonsa," she thought. The man spoke up, "Miss, is there anything I can do for you in return for saving my mom?"

She was snapped out of her thoughts. "Huh?" she mumbled. He asked, "Miss, are you alright?"

The young lady shook her head, "Ah~ Nae, I am fine. Return? Anio, anio. You do not have to. I guess I would have to go."

He asked once again, "Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I will be going now," she bowed her head down. "Thank you again, Miss." the woman who she helped bowed her head.

"It is okay, Agassi. I will be leaving now." The young lady immediately left the police station.

"Ya! Why were you frozen awhile ago?" she asked herself.

The young lady mumbled to herself, "I have never seen an angelic man like him. I guess I will never meet him again in the future. Appa is right. There are sudden happiness that can only come once in your life. Happiness which only passes for a while and will never go back again. Oh, what am I thinking? Wake up!" She shook her head in disbelief.

The woman and her son left the police station. The man took a glance of his mother who sighed in relief.

"Mom, are you alright?" he asked worriedly.

The woman smiled, "Yes, I really am. Thank God that a girl like her happen to pass by and helped me. She does not only have a pretty face but also a kind heart. I hope I get to see her again soon"

"Nae. So, let us go now, Eomma."

The young lady was walking around, "Ah~ I remember now. In Na-unnie recommended me some work place. Where is it again?"

She gently scratched the back of her head. "Hayy~ Aigoo! I forgot it!"

"Good morning, Halabeoji & Halmeoni." Woohyun greeted as he bowed down.

"Oh, sonja. What brings you here?" his grandma asked.

The old man yelled, "Do not ask us for money, you bratty kid!" It was his grandfather.

Woohyun shook his head, "No, Halabeoji. Anio! I am not gonna ask for money."

The old man scoffed, "You ditched the board meeting the other day. What do we expect good from you?"

Woohyun bowed his head, "Halabeoji, Choesonghamnida. The reason why I am here is to make things up for my mistake."

"Jinjja?" The old man mocked in disgust.

A voice of a young man was heard, "Annyeong hasimnikka, Halabeoji & Halmeoni!" It was his older brother. A pang of disgust filled his mind.

The old man who seemed to be annoyed because of Woohyun's presence, became happy when his other grandchild arrived.

Woohyun grinned, "Aish! Jinjja?" He mumbled.

The old man asked, "Oh, Sunggyu. Where have you been?" The lad bowed down his head. He smiled, "Halabeoji, some sort of emergency happened, but it went fine."

The old man smiled, "Okay."

The lad grinned. His narrow eyes took a glimpse of his younger brother's annoyed face, "It seems that my dongsaeng is talking about something important to halabeoji and halmeoni. Should I leave for a while?" He was a bit surprised of his younger brother's presence. It seemed like Woohyun was supposed to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter