11: A Special Day

Can U Smile?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A Special Day

[Song of the Day: Girl’s Day - Hug Me Once]

He expressed with honesty, "That is the apparent reason why I hate celebrating my birthdays. Whatever happened during that day is something I have already buried in the past. I do not want to be haunted by the memory that I always wanted to forget." His heart clenched with a pang of bittersweet feeling after admitting the truth behind his hatred towards his birthday. He always tried to forget the pain that day has caused him. He always tried to forget every single memory which will surely hurt him pathetically.

He looked at her straightly. The sympathetic reaction of Taeyeon was seen by his eyes. He never wanted anyone to give a single pity on him. He never wanted to show anyone his vulnerable state because he knew that he would end up being pathetic and weak in the eyes of the people. He would rather choose death than being pitied, and Nam Woohyun would never let himself be humiliated by the sympathy of other people. For him, being pitied by others was worse than the pit of hell.

Woohyun tapped her shoulder gently. Taeyeon was snapped out of her thoughts.

"Uh~ Sir Woohyun." Whatever the thing that happened during his birthday intrigued her so much. She never knew Woohyun had this fragile side. It must be very painful for him, so she concluded that he probably decided to avoid being haunted by that certain event in his life which surely hurt him like hell. She could not help, but feel pity towards him.

He asked, "What?" She touched the back of her neck. Taeyeon expressed, "I feel sorry about it. It must be very hard for you. I think that~~~"

Woohyun cut her words off in annoyance, "What is with that reaction of yours? What are you trying to say? You do not pity me, do you? Tell me. Is that a ty-ty pity towards me? Aigoo! I do not need anyone's pity. Past is past. Whatever is finished is already finished. Please let us leave that damn topic. Whatever! Do not think too much about it, eo?"

She was surprised by his words. His anger was obvious with the way he spoke up, so Taeyeon bowed down her head apologetically. She was certain that Woohyun was annoyed by her nosiness. She repetitively cursed herself for blabbering s which mayhaps offended Woohyun to the extent that he fumed in anger.

She apologized sincerely, "I am very sorry, Sir Woohyun. I am sorry. I am sorry for asking too much questions. I am sorry again."

Woohyun was shocked by her action. He felt guilt when he realized how rude he became when he fumed his anger towards Taeyeon. He hit himself gently. "I should have not been rude a while ago since she was just trying to comfort me. Haishh! Babo, Nam Woohyun! Naneun baboya!" He closed his eyes, and took a deep breath.

After a few seconds, he opened his eyes and lifted her head up, and stared at her deeply. She was taken aback when Woohyun started wrapping his hands behind her back. The lad pulled her closer, and embraced her in his arms.

She mumbled, "Sir Woohyun." She tried to struggle from his hug.

He leaned his chin on her shoulder. He hugged her tighter. "No, please stay still."

"But, Sir~"

"Just once. Just let me do this once."

Taeyeon wanted to free herself from his tight hug, but when she realized the fact Woohyun needed some comfort, she did not struggle from his embrace. She felt his warm breath behind her neck.

"Sir Woohyun appears as a brave one, but actually I never imagined that he is a vulnerable one. He needs comfort and care, so that whatever happened in the past will no longer hurt him." She unconsciously responded to his hug by patting his back gently. She said deep in her thoughts, "Happy Birthday, Sir Woohyun. I hope that you will find your happiness soon."

"Stop apologizing because I should apologize to you instead. Mianhae, Milady. I just feel bad about the past, so I want to forget it completely. Do you want to know what happened?"

Taeyeon gently released herself from his embrace. She shook her head. "No, I do not want to intrude into your life. You need privacy, and I do not have the rights to ask you things which are of your personal matters. I always bear in my mind that you are my boss, and I am your employee, Sir Woohyun."

He was moved by her kindness. Woohyun patted her head. "Kim Taeyeon, you are really different from others."

"Sir Woohyun, are you alright?"

Woohyun grinned. He replied, "Nae, I am alright, Milady."

"Ughh~ Milady? You do not have to call me that, Sir. It is already morning, and you do not need to act and speak like the way you did last night."

He chuckled happily. "Oh that? But I insist so! I am not even complaining that you are calling me 'Sir' again. What do you want me to call you? Ms. Kim Taeyeon? Ms. Taeyeon? Ms. Kim, or what?"

She flushed in embarrassment. Taeyeon expressed, "Sir, you should just call me with the way you are used to whenever we are at work."

He waved his index finger playfully. Woohyun teased, "Anio! Anio! I still prefer Milady because it is DAEBAK! Do not object. You said that I am your boss, right? Then, I say what I want to say, and I do what I want to do. Arasseo?"

She slightly pouted naively. "Uhhh~ eung."

Woohyun rose from his seat. He pulled her left arm. "Okay. Since I am your boss, and you are my employee, you should come with me. Kaja!"

Taeyeon was loss at words. She stuttered, "Huh?"

"Do you have some clothes in your locker at the café?"

She was puzzled by his question. She replied, "Yes, I have three to four clothes in there. Why?"

He notioned her to stand up from the couch. "Get up now. We will go there."

"Now?"

He said, "Yes, AS IN NOW."

Woohyun stopped his car in front of the café. Taeyeon was supposed to unlock her seatbelt, but before she could do so, Woohyun unlocked it for him. He looked up to her. "I will do it for you."

Taeyeon felt uncomfortable when she realized how close Woohyun's face to hers. He looked away when he noticed the awkwardness between the two of them. He pretended a cough. "Well, I will go out first, okay?"

She just nodded her head. Taeyeon heaved a sigh. "You really are unpredictable, Sir Woohyun. Hayy~ You keep on being like that since last night. I do not know what you are up to. Aigoo! Eotteokhae?" Woohyun went outside his car, and opened the door for Taeyeon. She was startled by his gentlemanly action, so she was frozen for a moment. "This is very unusual of him. Is he really being kind because of guilt? Hayy~ Na mollayo!"

Suddenly, she remembered the series of events last night.

[~]

Woohyun carried her behind his back. He could feel that Taeyeon's breath was brushing behind his neck. Her warmth sent goosebumps within him. He could not describe the emotion that he was feeling as he carried her behind his back. Woohyun unconsciously smiled.

"Sir Woohyun, are you sure that you are okay with this?" Taeyeon asked. She sounded dubious. She knew that Woohyun was not the person who would not complain over certain things. He surely loved saying s as if the world could only surround him. He was a narcissistic type of person. He only wanted himself. He only wanted everything to go in accordance with what he wanted to happen, but not during that moment.

He nodded his head. "I told you that I will not complain. Do I have to repeat it for the umpteenth time?"

Taeyeon said, "If you insist so, Sir Woohyun. I will believe you."

He smiled. Woohyun chuckled. He expressed affectionately, "That is right, Milady. Believe only what your great knight, Nam Woohyun tells you."

Taeyeon pouted childishly. She murmured, "Milady? Knight? Silly," It sounded low, but it was loud enough to be audible in Woohyun's ears.

"Silly? I heard that! You are wrong, Milady. That is what you call devotion. A great knight must be devoted in protecting his milady."

Taeyeon shrugged her shoulders. She rolled her eyes. "What are you saying? Psh~"

Woohyun paused from his tracks. He turned his head to look at Taeyeon who was behind her back. It went into a major silence for a matter of seconds. The young woman felt uneasy when she felt that the tip of his nose was brushing against hers. Their faces were quite near with each other, making the two of them gulp in embarrassment. Woohyun faced forward, and continued walking.

"Mianhae," sputtered Woohyun whose face turned red when he realized how close their faces were a while ago. Taeyeon pretended to cough.

Woohyun asked, "Milady, do you want me to sing a song for you?"

"Song? Oh no need, Sir Woohyun."

He said, "Cut the formality off, even just for tonight. Well, I just wanted to kill off the boredom."

Her brows creased with bafflement. She said, "Ah that~ Well~"

"Well since I am bored, I will sing a song."

She asked, "Are you sure?"

"Yeah. I insist so," said Woohyun who formed a grin on face. He nodded his head.

She said, "Arasseo." She held on his shoulders tightly.

Woohyun started to sing, "Geunyeoreul jikyeora nal itji mothage. Nae nimi gyesin got ggeutkkaji garyeonda. Nae mami geureohji hanaman araseo. Ggeokkgigo apado neol sarang haryeonda. Mianhae ma dokhage nal beorigo ddeonado dwae. Niga wonhandamyeon geurae good bye. Heona nae mamkkaji jeobeungeon anya."

His voice became a delightful nocturne in her ears, enough to give warmth inside her chest. He had an amazing voice. Who would have thought that an arrogant bastard like him could actually sing well? Who would have thought that he could be as sweet as he was during that moment? Who would have thought that he could be gentle towards her when in fact, he only knew how to act childishly and fool around like a lazy boss? Who would have thought that an arrogant man like him had the soft side which could melt any woman's heart? Taeyeon could not help, but to break a smile on her face when she realized how this hateful man turned into an angel for a night. Perhaps, it was not a bad idea to see this side of him. "I think Sir Woohyun is not a bad person at all."

The young man said, "Did my song please you, Milady?"

She chuckled silently. She just nodded her head. "Thank you, Sir Woohyun."

"Phew~ What a relief! You are welcome. The great night Woohyun is happy to know that, Milady."

She said, "Sir Woohyun, stop being greasy. Hayy~"

Woohyun shook his head, "Oww~ Did I make you angry, my lady? I told you to cut off the formality just for tonight, Milady. Well, just treat me as your knight for tonight."

"Oh that~ Haha~ Nae, I understand. I will, Sir Woohyun."

He hissed playfully, "Aigoo! Milady, I told you to drop the formalities off, even just for tonight. Please~ Aish! Milady, you are so stubborn!'

Taeyeon laughed at his playful statement. "Arasseo, Sir~Oops~ Woohyun-ssi."

Woohyun pouted naively. "Umm~ Milady, it will be better if you call me as your 'knight'."

She laughed hardly. "My knight? Seriously, Sir~~ Oh I mean, Woohyun-ssi?"

He nodded his head like an innocent five-year old child. "Yes, Milady. I prefer you calling me as your knight."

"Why are you calling me Milady, Woohyun-ssi? I did not know that you are that childish."

He answered, "Because~ because, I am your knight for tonight. Does that answer your question, Milady? By the way, that is not childishness, it is devotion."

She just nodded her head. "Whatever you say~ Arasseo. I get it, Woohyun-ssi~"

He cut her words off, "Your knight. Understood?"

Taeyeon grinned. "Yes, my~ my~ knight." She was obviously uncomfortable when she said that.

"That is right, Milady, but you sounded too awkward. Make it more realistic, eo?"

She nodded her head hesitantly. Taeyeon said, "I will try."

"Say it."

"My knight." Taeyeon blushed when she realized how embarrassing it was to talk like that with her boss.

Woohyun gave her a thumbs up. He giggled, "That is right! Daebak, Milady!" Both of them chuckled happily.

[~]

[~]

"Yobosaeyo? Good evening," Taeyeon spoke up with her soft voice.

"Milady, this is Woohyun. Are you alright there? Is there something that you need?" The caller was Woohyun. Taeyeon recognized the voice easily. She looked around. Taeyeon was a bit startled why the hell Woohyun would call her knowing the fact that he was just inside his room which was adjacent to the room that she was staying at. Woohyun could have just approached her inside the room rather than wasting a second calling her as if they were 'miles' apart from each other. She shook her head in disbelief. "He is weird."

"Good evening, Sir Woohyun. No, I am okay here. Umm. It is getting late, Sir. You should have not bothered to check on me since your room is near this guest room. Do not worry about me. Take a rest now, Sir."

He answered back, "Jinjja? Arasseo. Feel at home, eo? You should also take a rest now since you are in a feeble state, Milady. By the way, you have forgotten that I told you not to call me Sir even just for tonight. Nevermind. Good night, Milady." Taeyeon sensed how Woohyun sounded concern on the other line.

She felt moved, hearing the affectionate and thoughtful voice of Woohyun. One thing was she was certain of, Woohyun's concern for her was sincere.

She nodded her head. Taeyeon answered back, "Thank you, Woohyun-ssi. Good night." She hang up the phone, and placed it back to its dock. After a few minutes, she fixed the mattress of the bed, and laid her body on the bed to take a rest. Taeyeon closed her eyes. When she realized that she had forgotten to close the door, she opened her eyes. She saw a figure of a man who stood outside the door of the guest room. Taeyeon sat on the bed, and reclined her head on the pillows.

"Sir Woohyun?" She mumbled with an obvious confusion.

He went inside the room, and sat on the bed beside Taeyeon. Woohyun spoke up, "Hey! Why did you forget to lock the door of this room? What if someone tries to kill you while you are asleep? What if someone tries to ~~"

Taeyeon was flabbergasted by his words, so she shut his exaggerating s off, "Sir, the two of us the only ones here inside your house. In other words, the only person who is with me right now is you. No one will hurt or try to take advantage of me. Those things are impossible to happen, unless you~~ Ah, no. Nevermind."

Woohyun was ashamed of himself after hearing those words. Probably, he offended her with his overstatement. Well, his words were only out of concern, but too bad that his exaggeration backlashed on him, and knocked his senses off. Taeyeon was right. They were the only ones inside the house, so no one could ever do horrible things against her. In fact, his house was no ordinary. The house was protected with highly-functional security gadgets which lessen the possibility of any peril to arise. No person could easily break into the premises of the house. The only person with her was him. It was ironic that the only person who could only have the chance to do such things was him. But, that will be very impossible. He swore to himself that he will never do odd things to her, and not lay even a finger on her. To begin with, he did not have the reason to do such things. He told himself, "Unless what? By any chance, does she mean~~? Aigoo! Why in the world will I do that? Of course, I am not a brainless psycho who attacks defenseless people. That is far from possible! Silly! I must have been too hyperbolic with my statements which flustered her. Michigetda!"

He his bottom lip. Woohyun said, "Aniya! Of course, I will not do that. I am sorry for exaggerating. I can assure you that I will not harm you in any way. Remember, I am your knight, Milady." His statement oozed his infamous greasiness which made Taeyeon feel uncomfortable.

[~]

Taeyeon stared deeply in his eyes. After recalling some of the events which happened last night, the thing that happened a while ago popped into her mind. She was drawn in puzzlement. She could not figure out why she was being bothered by some thoughts which she should not give a damn to.

"Wae? Wae? Why am I thinking about him? No, that is not it!"

[~]

After a few seconds, he opened his eyes and lifted her head up, and stared at her deeply. She was taken aback when Woohyun started wrapping his hands behind her back. The lad pulled her closer, and embrace her in his arms.

She mumbled, "Sir Woohyun." She tried to struggle from his hug.

He leaned his chin on her shoulder. He hugged her tighter. "No, please stay still."

"But, Sir~"

"Just once. Just let me do this once."

Taeyeon wanted to free herself from his tight hug, but when she realized the fact Woohyun needed some comfort, she did not struggle from his embrace. She felt his warm breath behind her neck.

"Sir Woohyun appears as a brave one, but actually I never imagined that he is a vulnerable one. He needs comfort and care, so that whatever happened in the past will no longer hurt him." She unconsciously responded to his hug by patting his back gently. She said deep in her thoughts, "Happy Birthday, Sir Woohyun. I hope that you will find your happiness soon."

"Stop apologizing because I should apologize to you instead. Mianhae, Milady. I just feel bad about the past, so I want to forget it completely. Do you want to know what happened?"

Taeyeon gently released herself from his embrace. She shook her head. "No, I do not want to intrude into your life. You need privacy, and I do not have the rights to ask you things which are of your personal matters. I always bear in my mind that you are my boss, and I am your employee, Sir Woohyun."

[~]

Woohyun has apparently drawn her attention since she could not figure out how he suddenly changed within a blink of an eye. He was never kind towards her, but at that moment, he was showing the opposite of his usual self.

"Kim Taeyeon, please come to your senses. Do not be bothered by such trivial things."

The embrace which he gave her a while ago was very tight. It felt like he did not want to let her go. But then again, she never wanted to misinterpret his good deeds. For the nth time, Taeyeon assumed that Woohyun's kindness was only because of the guilt. Probably, his conscience was just bothering him for almost killing her because of his careless actions.

"Hey! What are you waiting for? Will you just stay in there forever?"

Taeyeon slightly opened , and bit her lip afterwards. She made a hand gesture of disapproval as she went out of the car. "Anio, anio. I am sorry." She held her handbag tightly, and slowly went out of the car.

He said, "Well, let us get inside the café now."

Woohyun put his arm around her shoulders as they walked towards the café's door. Taeyeon was quite bemused by his 'unexpected' actions since last night.

"Yes, Sir Woohyun."

She thought, "Nam Woohyun, is that kindness forever or only for a short period of time? I cannot figure out why you are being kind all of a sudden. What are you exactly planning to do?"

"No one is here?" Taeyeon asked as her eyes wandered aroud the café. She was surprised that no one was inside the café. She wondered where in the world they were.

Woohyun responded back, "Yes."

She asked, "Where are they?"

He said, "All of them left to buy some materials which are needed for the shop's renovation. You should go get some clothes in your locker room now."

Taeyeon felt uncomfortable when the thought of the two of them only being inside the café sank into her mind. He noticed her uneasiness. He held her shoulder. "Ya! Do not feel uncomfortable. It is not like I will do 'something' to you. Do not worry about being alone with me, okay? I swear that I will not do anything bad to you. Go get your clothes now."

She nodded her head. "Ahh I know. Eung~ I will, Sir Woohyun." She took steps to get some clothes as what Woohyun had told her.

Woohyun held her arm. He uttered, "Oh wait~" Taeyeon shifted her gaze towards him. She halted walking.

"Sir, what is it?"

He released her arm. "Umm~ It will be better if you take a bath in the bathroom at the locker room. I originally planned to let you get some clothes in your locker room, and afterwards, the two of us will return to my place for you to be able to take a bath in the guest room's bathroom, but I think that will be a waste of time. I think the bathroom at the locker room is not that bad, so I suggest you to use it. In fact, there are two bathrooms at the locker room, right? You can use the female's bathroom. Is that okay to you?"

"Ummm~"

He reiterated his question, "Is that okay to you?"

She thought about it for a few seconds, and nodded her head afterwards. "Nae. That is not a bad idea though. No one is in here, so I think that will not be a problem. Besides, I kept a soap, shampoo and towel inside my locker. Anyway, I will go now, Sir."

He asked, "Uhh wait again~ Or perhaps, do you want me to buy you some clothes first? I mean~ The two of us will go to the nearest mall to buy you some clothes."

"Ah that~ No need, Sir. I told you a while ago that I have enough clothes in my locker."

He said, "Ah arasseo. Well anyway, I am planning to take a shower in the bathroom in my office since I left some clothes in there. Okay, so you go now. Just approach me in my office once any problem arises, eo?"

She replied, "Eung. I will, Sir Woohyun."

"I will be staying inside my office, okay? Once you are finished, just go inside my office. You do not have to ask permission if you will come inside my office. If the door is not locked, you can freely go inside. Just look for me in there. Anyway, it is just the two of us in here, right?"

She asked, "Jinjja?"

He smiled genuinely. Woohyun said, "Yes."

"Oh, okay. I understand, Sir."

Taeyeon was finished in taking a bath. She wore two of her clothes which she placed inside her locker. She fixed herself up, and put a scarf over her neck. After fixing herself up, she went out of the locker room. She went downstairs to check on Woohyun who was inside his office.

She knocked the door of his office, and spoke up, "Sir Woohyun, may I come in?" Once again, she knocked the door. "Sir Woohyun." Taeyeon heard no response from him. She repetitively knocked the door. When she held the doorknob, she realized that the door was not locked. "Uhh~ Will it be alright if I come in without his permission?" Taeyeon asked herself.

She recalled what Woohyun had told her a while ago.

[~]

He asked, "Uhh wait again~ Or perhaps, do you want me to buy you some clothes first? I mean~ The two of us will go to the nearest mall to buy you some clothes."

"Ah that~ No need, Sir. I told you a while ago that I have enough clothes in my locker."

He said, "Ah arasseo. Well anyway, I am planning to take a shower in the bathroom in my office since I left some clothes in there. Okay, so you go now. Just approach me in my office once any problem arises, eo?"

She replied, "Eung. I will, Sir Woohyun."

"I will be staying inside my office, okay? Once you are finished, just go inside my office. You do not have to ask permission if you will come inside my office. If the door is not locked, you can freely go inside. Just look for me in there. Anyway, it is just the two of us in here, right?"

She asked, "Jinjja?"

He smiled genuinely. Woohyun said, "Yes."

"Oh, okay. I understand, Sir."

[~]

"Maybe, it will just be okay for him since he told me a while ago that I can come inside his office even without telling him." Taeyeon held the doorknob, and slowly opened the door. She went inside his office. She felt a bit nervous because she came in without asking his permission. She knew that Woohyun might badmouth her because she just barged into the room, but she brushed the thought off since Woohyun's instruction was very clear, and the only thing she could do was to follow him.

She took a glance on her watch. Taeyeon called for her boss, "Sir Woohyun, I am here now. I am sorry for not~~~"

She walked around a bit to look for Woohyun, but she stepped backward when she saw a man who just came out of the bathroom. The man removed his bathrobe. He wiped his hair with a damp cloth.

Taeyeon was dumbfound with the view of the man whose wet body was bare in her innocent eyes, having only a short towel down his torso. The firmness and rock-like structure of chest was exposed in her sight. His physique was great. It seemed like he has been doing working out in a gym which made his figure an awesome one. Any woman would absolutely drool or swoon once they would get to see his toned body. His chest, shoulders, and most especially, his hard-like abs were very amazing which gave him the beastly aura that any woman could never resist. Indeed, he was really y.

Perhaps, his body was really nice, but Taeyeon was rather confound than amazed with the sight of his body. She flushed in deep embarrassment, for she unintentionally appeared to be a Peeping Tom who barged into the office of her boss.

He uttered, "Oh that~" The smile on his face suddenly vanished. Woohyun's eyes went wide when he realized he was not wearing anything except for the towel below his torso. "Oh my god! Did she just see me in this state?"

Woohyun gently wiped his chest. Water was dripping all over his exposed body, so he wore his bathrobe again. Taeyeon was greatly terrified.

Meanwhile, he was stiffened like a fool. He was frozen from where he was standing. What is not embarrassing with being seen almost by a woman? What is not awkward with seeing a woman's terrified reaction after seeing a man who was not even wearing anything except for the towel covering below his torso? The atmosphere inside the room was very awkward to the extent that both of them could no longer breathe.

Woohyun was quite surprise with her sudden appearance in his office. Well actually, it was him who told her at the first place that she could come to his office, even without his permission. It was not her fault, honestly. His instruction was very clear: "If the door is not locked, you can freely go inside. Just look for me in there." Taeyeon surely did not have the clue that he was still in his shower when she arrived.

"Eommaya! Why did I forget to lock the room? Aish! I remember now that I told her that if the door is not locked, she can freely go inside, and look for me in here. Oh my! I am really stupid!"

The young woman quickly turned back. She tried to calm herself. Taeyeon bowed her head. "Mianhamnida, Sir Woohyun. I am very sorry. I will go out first." She went outside the room.

He let out a sigh of relief. "Thank goodness that I have this towel below me, otherwise~~~Oh gosh! That was embarrassing! After what happened, I do not think I have the guts to face her! Aigoo! Oh my ! Why am I that stupid?"

After fixing himself up, Woohyun went outside his office. He saw Taeyeon who was playing with her phone. He went towards her. Woohyun was supposed to pat her shoulder, but he put down his hand when the terrible scenario inside his office popped into his mind.

[~]

"Maybe, it will just be okay for him since he told me a while ago that I can come inside his office even without telling him." Taeyeon held the doorknob, and slowly opened the door. She went inside his office. She felt a bit nervous because she came in without asking his permission. She knew that Woohyun might badmouth her because she just barged into the room, but she brushed the thought off since Woohyun's instruction were very clear, and the only thing she could do was to follow him.

She took a glance on her watch. Taeyeon called for his boss, "Sir Woohyun, I am here now. I am sorry for not~~~"

She walked around a bit to look for Woohyun, but she stepped backward when she saw a man who just came out of the bathroom. The man removed his bathrobe. He wiped his hair with a damp cloth.

Taeyeon was dumbfound with the view of the man whose wet body was bare in her innocent eyes, having only a short towel down his torso. The firmness and rock-like structure of chest was exposed in her sight. His physique was great. It seemed like he has been doing working out in a gym which made his figure an awesome one. Any woman would absolutely drool or swoon once they would get to see his toned body. His chest, shoulders, and most especially, his hard-like abs were very amazing which gave him the beastly aura that any woman could never resist. Indeed, he was really y.

Perhaps, his body was really nice, but Taeyeon was rather confound than amazed with the sight of his body. She flushed in deep embarrassment, for she unintentionally appeared to be a Peeping Tom who barged into the office of her boss.

He uttered, "Oh that~" The smile on his face suddenly vanished. Woohyun's eyes went wide when he realized he was not wearing anything except for the towel below his torso. "Oh my god! Did she just see me in this state?"

Woohyun gently wiped his chest. Water was dripping all over his exposed body, so he wore his bathrobe again. Taeyeon was greatly terrified.

Meanwhile, he was stiffened like a fool. He was frozen from where he was standing. What is not embarrassing with being seen almost by a woman? What is not awkward with seeing a woman's terrified reaction after seeing a man who was not even wearing anything except for the towel covering below his torso? The atmosphere inside the room was very awkward to the extent that both of them could no longer breathe.

Woohyun was quite surprise with her sudden appearance in his office. Well actually, it was him who told her at the first place that she could come to his office, even without his permission. It was not her fault, honestly. His instruction was very clear: "If the door is not locked, you can freely go inside. Just look for me in there." Taeyeon surely did not have the clue that he was still in his shower when she arrived.

"Eommaya! Why did I forget to lock the room? Aish! I remember now that I told her that if the door is not locked, she can freely go inside, and look for me in here. Oh my! I am really stupid!"

The young woman quickly turned back. She tried to calm herself. Taeyeon bowed her head. "Mianhamnida, Sir Woohyun. I am very sorry. I will go out first." She went outside the room.

He let out a sigh of relief. "Thank goodness that I have this towel below me, otherwise~~~Oh gosh! That was embarrassing! After what happened, I do not think I have the guts to face her! Aigoo! Oh my ! Why am I that stupid?"

[~]

It was indeed one of the most humiliating moments in his life. He could not blame Taeyeon if she would feel more awkward with him. Oh come on, who would not be? Not unless, he was her boyfriend or husband, but certainly, he was not. In fact, he was her boss which made the situation be complicated. Woohyun felt like he was slapped for a thousand of times because of the shame inside his mind, but despite that, he needed to act like it never happened, so it would not be more embarrassing in front of her.

He spoke up, "Uhh Mil~ Oh, Taeyeon-ah." Woohyun placed his hands inside his pocket. Taeyeon stared at him coldly. She kept her phone inside her pocket. Woohyun looked at her stoic face. He was startled by her sudden change of aura. "Did I do something wrong? Oh, why is she being cold towards me again? Uhh~ Could it possibly be because of what happened? Oh my! Everything is my fault!"

"Sir Woohyun, kwaechanha?" asked her who seemed to act normally in spite of what happened. He put down his head. "I apologize for what happened. I am sorry."

"Sir, that is not a big deal. You do not need to apologize. It is not like I have not seen those kind of things. I worked as a stuntwoman before, and worked mostly with guys."

Woohyun sighed in relief. "Jinjja? You did?" When he realized that she indirectly said that she have been used in seeing those kind of things, he felt jealous. "Really? Really?" He grinned bitterly, "Oh, sorry again."

"Aigoo! Of course, I lied! That is just a lame excuse! This man is really! Ughhh! Why did I lie, by the way? Oh nevermind!" She rolled her eyes.

"Are you angry because of what happened?" He pouted like a defeated child.

She said, "No, I am not."

"Uhh okay. I am relieved that you are not."

Taeyeon asked, "Then, what should we do now?"

"Umm~ We will go to certain a place. Ah~ Anio! Not just a place, but places. Let us go now! Please~" His eyes were like they were begging her to grant his request.

She said, "Places? But~" Woohyun begged desperately like a child, "Please~ Just do this for me~" He held her left arm.

"Oh yeah. It is his birthday today. Hayy~ Okay. I will not refuse his request." She let out a sigh.

The sight of the Lotte World was vivid in their eyes. Both of them were stunned by the view of the biggest indoor park in South Korea.

"We are here!" Woohyun exclaimed happily. Taeyeon laughed a bit because of his childishness. She asked, "Eh?"

"I am happy to visit this place. The last time I went here was more or less six years ago," expressed Woohyun who was very happy with the sight of the place. Indeed, it can be witnessed that he missed visiting the place. Taeyeon was happy to see his cheerful side. His jolly aura was priceless. Taeyeon knew it was genuine. It maybe childish, but at least, he was happy. "I am glad that you are being happy now, Sir Woohyun." She wanted him to be happy even just for that day. February 8 is the day which he never wanted to celebrate - his birthday.

A smile was curved on his face. It has been a long time since he visited that place. The last time Woohyun visited the Lotte World was six years ago. Sadly, it was the day before Sunggyu decided to work as a director at the Nam Corporation, and was the last time he had fun with his brother. At the present time, two of them had rarely become close since they were often not in good terms with each other. Before Sunggyu worked as a director of the company, they were in good terms, but after that, everything had changed. It has become the start of their cold relationship. Still and all, the last time the two of them went to the Lotte World was one of the best things that has ever happened in his entire life. No problems, no worries, but only good memories lingered inside his mind and heart during that time.

[~]

It was the 22nd day of December 2008. There were a number of people, varying from groups of adults, youngsters, lovers, and even families who were skating at the ice rink at Lotte World. Indeed, it was the best place for bonding during holidays since Christmas season was forthcoming. Everyone seemed to be delighted as they were enjoying the coldness of the skating rink of the South Korea's largest indoor skating rink.

Including to those people were two young men who were skating at the ice rink as they playfully pulled each others' arms. Both of them chuckled in happiness.

The older one halted for a moment. He said, "Ya! Hold on a second~" He sat down on the icy floor as he panted heavily.

"Hyung! Stand up! What is the matter? Do not sit on the icy floor, otherwise you will get sick." The younger one pulled his brother's arm.

"I am just resting, Woohyun-ah. Aish~ I think my knees are getting weak! A-ya! A-ya!"

The younger man insisted, "Aniyo! Ppalli! Ppalli! Get up now, Sunggyu-hyung! Or do you want me to shout in front of them that you are a weakling? Now, choose what you want to happen."

The older man remained sitting on the floor. He said, "You got to be kidding me, right? Silly! I am tired now. A-ya! My knees hurt!"

His younger brother burst out laughing. "Geuraeyo? Everyone, my hyung is getting old!" Woohyun exclaimed in a teasing manner. Everyone in the skating rink looked at them confusedly.

"Look! He is only nineteen years old, yet he is weak as a grandpa! Naggy grandpa, stand up now! All of the people are now looking at you! Haha~"

Sunggyu hissed, "You, Nam Woohyun! Jinjja!"

"My brother is young, yet he acts like a grandpa! His arthritis is attacking him now! Look! Look at my great brother!"

The older man tried to hush his brother from blurting nonsensical things. "Ya! Nam Woohyun, stop it!"

The people started whispering to each other which flustered Sunggyu with discomfort. His brother was definitely a prankster. He felt embarrassed when some of the people started looking at them weirdly. He covered his younger brother's mouth to prevent him from saying anything which will ashame him more. "Choesonghamnida. Please do not listen to my brother's words. He is just joking around. I am sorry. I apologize for his behavior." Sunggyu bowed his head down as he apologized to the people who were terrified because of Woohyun's craziness. Sunggyu tried to maintain his composure as he repetitively apologized to the people. He was surely a composed man whose gentlemanliness never faded.

Sunggyu pulled his brother away from the people in the middle of the s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter