21: Rivalry's Inception

Can U Smile?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

C h a p t e r   XXI

 

[INFINITE F (Lee Sungyeol, Kim Myungsoo & Lee Sungjong) - I'm Going Crazy]

[6/24/14] (*A/N: Annyeong! How's life? Well, I am really busy in school. Assignments here, assignments there. So, have you heard the latest news about Taeyeon's 'DATING' issue? Well, news runs apace, so it is not actually surprising if you did. *sighs* I do not mind it actually. Yes, I was shocked initially, but now I'm trying not to give a single damn on it because NOTHING can CHANGE my LOVE for Taeyeon. I love her. PERIOD. And, I will always be her fan no matter what. I hope those trolls will stop saying things against Taeyeon just because she's dating their 'idol'.

RESPECT.. It may not be easy for them to do that, but that is what they should do. Umm~ No offense... I am just stating my own opinion. In spite of that fact, please keep on supporting this fic, okay? Please. I know others might get turned off because Taengoo is already in 'a relationship', but I hope the subscribers of this story won't unsubscribe, but rather support this til the very end.)

** Anyway, don't forget to support my another ff, okay? http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/702060/aftertime-angst-romance-sunggyu-taeyeon-infinitexsnsd-taegyu-gyutae  & also the poll, okay? http://www.asianfanfics.com/poll/vote/78878 **

BTW! I WILL JUST EDIT THE TYPO ERRORS NEXT TIME, okay?

~ Kamsahamnida! ~

 

**ALERT: NEW POLL! The results may reflect to the following chapters & may also affect the flow of the story. GyuTae VS WooTae

Link: http://www.asianfanfics.com/poll/results/89979      

The cold Saturday afternoon was nothing but an ordinary day for everyone. It was the first day of the month. Many were busy with their works while the others chose to busy themselves with their own worlds. Jang Dongwoo who had received an incentive earlier from his father after successfully sealing the deal between their company, Elite Malls Corporation and one of their affliated companies, Sehwa Electronics decided to treat his best buddies a scrumptious lunch at 'The Square'. Spending thousands of money for a delicious lunch will not be a waste, for he only wanted to celebrate one of his remarkable achievements in business even just for a day. Well of course, along with his friends. Too bad it was only Woohyun who declined his offer. The former politely refused his treat because he needed to attend an entrepreneurship convention that his grandmother wanted him to attend.

 

12:00pm.

As the four men entered the restaurant located at the Novotel Gangnam Ambassador Hotel, they were really excited, having each of their empty stomach grumbling madly as if it yelled for food.

"Kyah! I can no longer wait to order for food! Thank you, Dongwoo-hyung! You really are the best!" Sungyeol happily exclaimed which earned him a conspicuous stares from some customers.

"Ssh! Stop acting like a stupid one. The other customers might think we have a mental patient with us." Hoya hissed in his lowest voice as possible as he bowed apologetically to the disturbed customers. "Joesonghamnida."

Dongwoo and Myungsoo bowed their heads as well as they mumbled an apology to the customers, "Joesonghamnida. We apologize for our friend's inappropriate behavior."

Hoya held the back of Sungyeol's head as he pushed down his head, forcing him bow to the customers as well for causing such foolish disturbance. The latter shyly apologized, "I am sorry. I sincerely apologize for my very inappropriate behavior."

"Stupid. Very very stupid." Dongwoo muttered as he went towards a table with chairs for four people. The others followed him behind. "Oh, I think we should seat here. Come on, guys. Ppalli, ppalli."

Momentarily, the four men had taken their seats. A female waiter gave each one of them a menu as she bowed her head down, "Annyeong haseyo! Welcome to our restaurant, Gentlemen! I highly recommend our new Western combination meal which is good for four, and I can assure you that you will definitely like it."

"What do you think? Guys, just choose anything you want." Dongwoo said with his eyes focused on the menu.

Hoya answered back as he put down the menu he was holding, "Alright, I want the new Western combination meal since it has been a while since I had Western food."

"I want it too." Sungyeol affirmed before taking a sip on the glass of wine he was holding.

Myungsoo nodded his head as he gave the woman a smile before shifting his gaze to the older man. "What do you think, Dongwoo-hyung?"

The older man just nodded his head before he put down the menu. He plainly said to the woman, "Alright. We want the new Western combination meal. We will have Panna cotta, Zabaglione and ricotta cheesecake for dessert. Oh also, I want two bottles of the most expensive wine here."

She nodded her head as she replied back, "Yes, Sir. Do you want me to repeat your order?"

"No need. Thank you." Dongwoo said as he shot her a smile.

After seeing the woman leave, Sungyeol whispered childishly, "Woah! You really are the best, Dino-hyung! You ordered a lot of foods for us! Kyahh~ Won't they be costing too much? I mean.. I do not want us to end up washing the plates, for not being able to pay what you have ordered. Are you really sure you can pay for all those?"

The older man rolled his eyes after hearing his nonsensical statement before he sarcastically answered back, "Lee Sungyeol, if you want to pay for your own food then do it. I will not stop you. Pay for your own since you are blabbering too much nonsensical things. Let us do it this way. I will pay for Myungsoo, Hoya and I's foods and we will leave you here to pay for your own food or as what you have mentioned earlier, if you do not have enough money to pay for your food, you may wash the plates at the kitchen as an alternative way of paying back for what you have eaten."

Sungyeol complained, "Ya! I only brought ten thousand won with me! I did not even bring a credit card, not even an ATM card with me. My money is only enough for my fare! Hyung, I do not have enough money inside my pocket! Do you want me to end up walking from here to our house which is a kilometer away? I will be pitiful then. Aigoo!"

"Lee Sungyeol, you really are an idiot. Of course, Dongwoo-hyung will not dare to treat us here if he does not have enough money. Dude, where the hell did your brain go?" Hoya said in disbelief.

The choding guy murmured, "Mianhae. Mianhae."

"Enough of those talks. Let us just quietly wait for the food. I am hungry right now and your noise makes me feel worse." Myungsoo coldly expressed as he took a sip of the wine glass he was holding.

Soon, the foods they ordered were served by a man in a formal attire. They politely bowed their heads down before the man could leave.

They started digging in the food, filling up their empty stomach which were grumbling continuously. While eating, they engaged themselves in small talks. Suddenly, the choding guy pointed his index finger towards a table with two people who seemed to be talking to each other happily which was not far from where they were eating. "Oh wait~That man looks familiar."

"I bet Woohyun will no longer dare to eat here because of what happened before. You know the minihompy girl and his older brother." Dongwoo remarked as he sliced the meat on his plate with the table knife.

"I guess so.. I cannot blame him either. If it was another man, it would have been lesser painful, but the fact that it was Gyu-hyung, the reality hurts like hell. He might be denying it in front of us, but I am certain that he likes the girl a lot." Hoya voiced out his opinion straightforwardly.

The stoic prince, Myungsoo sadly expressed, "Poor him. He just pretends that he is strong in front of others, but he is really hurting deep inside."

"If I can just do something for him, I will do it, but is too unfortunate that I cannot do anything to make him feel better." Dongwoo said.

"Speaking of hyung...." Sungyeol muttered speechlessly as if something caught his tongue, "Isn't.. isn't.. Isn't that--him?"

Confused with his sudden surprise reaction, Myungsoo asked him, "What are you saying, Sungyeol? What are you talking about?" He turned his head towards the direction that his friend was pointing at and it also caught his attention. Just like Sungyeol's reaction, his face suddenly turned surprised before he mumbled, "Nae. Isn't that...Isn't that Sunggyu-hyung?"

Dongwoo and Hoya turned their heads in unison to the direction where Sunggyu and an unknown woman was sitting on before Sungyeol one asked curiously, "Who is he with? He is with a woman right now if I am not mistaken."

"Oh, don't tell me it is the minihompy girl." Myungsoo uttered with his eyes carefully watching Sunggyu and the woman.

"Nae, nae. I smell something fishy." Dongwoo vaguely said as a smirk was formed on his face.

Hoya suggested, "Let us capture an evidence, eo?"

Dongwoo brought out his phone from his pocket as he took a shot of Sunggyu eating and talking with a woman not far away from where they were sitting.

"Haha~ What a nice remembrance." Sungyeol said.

Just right at the moment when the four men watched them behind, Myungsoo's phone interrupted them from their thoughts. He answered it without looking at the caller id. "Yobosaeyo? This is Kim Myungsoo speaking."

"Annyeong haseyo, L-kun. This is Kim Sunggyu."

His eyes widening awfully as if he heard something he never expected to hear, he opened his mouth in shock before he was able to calm himself up and manage to utter any word. "Gyu-hyung?? Oh, annyeong! What is the purpose of your call?"

The other men compressed with him to listen to their conversation. Myungsoo slightly pushed Sungyeol away for putting his body too close which almost made the phone fall from his hold. He mouthed to the choding guy, "Babo, Sungyeol!"

"I just want to check on you. I am sorry if I was not able to pay a visit on you. How is life doing? Also, how is Sungyeol, Dongwoo and Howon doing?" The four men could see how Sunggyu was talking over the phone with Myungsoo who unbeknownst to the former was watching him afar along with his friends.

"Ah.. We are all completely fine. Thank you for checking on us, Gyu-hyung." Myungsoo awkwardly said.

"No problem, L-dongsaeng. By the way, may I ask where you are?"

"Where we.. are?" Myungsoo answered the question with another question.

"Nae, I am asking where you are."

Myungsoo stuttered a he gulped hardly, "Uh-that."

He heard how the older man chuckled on the other line before the latter spoke up, "It will be better if you will come here. It is not like being three tables away from each other is being kilometers away, right? Come on over here." Sunggyu tilted his head towards the direction where the men was sitting as he gestured them to come near the table where he and the woman with him were actually eating. "Come here, guys!"

Not having a choice after being caught red-handed, they went towards the table where Sunggyu and a woman were eating.

"Annyeong! Gyu-hyung, how were you able to know that we're here?" Hoya shyly asked, scratching his hair repetitively.

"We actually arrived here five minutes before you did. Oh well, I actually heard how Yeollie-dongsaeng exclaimed loudly a while ago."

"Oh.. Arasseo." Hoya mumbled.

Sunggyu and the woman stood up from their seats as they bowed their heads down. He introduced his friends with a friendly smile on his face, "Taeyeon-ssi, these are my brother and I's friends since middle school. I am gladly introducing these friends of mine to you." He cleared his throat before he it was the turn to introduce her to the four men this time, "Guys, she is Kim Taeyeon."

She politely greeted the four men, bowing her head once again, "Annyeong haseyo. Je ireumeun Kim Taeyeon imnida. It is a pleasure to meet you all."

"Kim Taeyeon? Her name is Kim Taeyeon. Kim Taeyeon is the name of Ms. Goddess." Sungyeol mouthed furtively to his friends. "Her name is as beautiful as her face. She really looks like a Goddess."

The men bowed their heads in unison as they greeted one by one."My name is Kim Myungsoo or you can call me L."

"My name is Lee Howon, but you can simply call me Hoya."

"My name is Jang Dongwoo, or Dongwoo for short."

"My name is Lee Sungyeol, but you can call me Sungyeol or Yeollie. It is my pleasure to meet a Goddess like you, Ms. Kim Taeyeon. I never knew that there will be a time in my life that I will meet a very beautiful woman whose beauty is like a precious diamond which dazzles brightly and beautifully." Sungyeol greasily said as he slowly took her right hand and planted a kiss on top of it.

"Ya! Stop doing embarrassing things, Lee Sungyeol." Dongwoo hissed as he nudged the younger one's elbow.

Taeyeon awkwardly bowed her head as she said, "I am very pleased to meet you all."

"Well, I was not able to introduce her to you before. She is a good friend of mine who I met few months ago." Sunggyu explained.

"Friend? Friend? Friend or girlfriend?" Dongwoo babbled in disbelief which made the three other men chuckled to themselves.

Though the man said it in the lowest voice as possible, it was loud enough to become audible in both of Taeyeon's ears.

"Ya! Stop saying such things. You are making her awkward." Myungsoo whispered to his friend before he apologized as he bowed his head. "Joesonghamnida, Taeyeon-ssi. I apologize for our friend's inappropriate behavior."

Taeyeon just gave him a half-hearted smile before she bowed her head as well. "I do not mind it. It is alright, Myungsoo-ssi."

"By the way, it seems that all of you are celebrating something? Is it because of the successful deal between the successful business deal between the Elite Malls Corporation and Sehwa Electronics?" Sunggyu asked.

Dongwoo affirmed, nodding his head gently, "Nae, that is right. I decided to treat these fools as a celebration."

"Fools? Psh~ What the hell are you saying, Jang Dongwoo?" Sungyeol scoffed.

"Oh well, we will go back now to our table since it is so disrespectful of us to disturb your good time with your special friend." Hoya said as he held the back of his neck.

Dongwoo agreed as he nodded his head. "He is right. Gyu-hyung, we are very sorry for disturbing you and your girlf-- Oh, I mean you and Taeyeon-ssi."

"But, hyung! Why don't we just seat here with Gyu-hyung and Ms. Goddess? Don't you think that--" Sungyeol insisted but was immediately cut off the moment Myungsoo furtively hit his back. The older one grumbled, "Aww! L-kun, that hurts! You disrespectful dongsaeng. Have you forgotten that I am still older than you?"

"Stop it, Lee Sungyeol. You are very very embarrassing." Myungsoo forced a smile before he apologized to her, "Alright, we will leave the two of you now. It is nice meeting you again, Ms. Kim Taeyeon."

They bowed their heads down, but Sungyeol insisted to stay still which made Hoya pull his arm. "Goodbye, Ms. Goddess!" The choding guy said happily as he bowed his head down repetitively.

"Let us go now, Sungyeol-ah. Goodbye, Ms. Kim." Myungsoo muttered while smiling at Taeyeon before he started to turn his back.

Before they were able to walk away from them, Taeyeon spoke up which immediately made them stop from their tracks, "Oh, hold on. Wait. Don't you think it will be nicer if you will join us here? Since you are Sunggyu-ssi's close friends, I think I want to.. get to know you more."

"JEONGMAL??? It will be an honor for us to do so. Right, dudes?" Sungyeol exuberantly exclaimed.

 

 

12:45 pm.

The four men along with Taeyeon and Sunggyu decided to transfer into a bigger table. Dongwoo, Hoya and with Sunggyu sitting between them were the ones sitting on the left side while Myungsoo and Sungyeol were on the right side with Taeyeon sitting in the middle of the two of them as per the choding guy's insistence. While eating, they had conversation about certain things.

"Taeyeon-ssi, if you do not mind, I want to ask you about your preferences." Dongwoo said shyly.

She asked, "Preferences? Preferences in what, Dongwoo-ssi?"

"Well..umm..Like in men. What are the specific traits you like in men?" The man shyly asked.

"Men? Uhh.. That." She was literally stammering with her words.

In reality, Taeyeon has been cynical about such things. She had always prioritized her family and work. She disliked being asked regarding such matter, for she had no interest in men. Basically, family and work have been her life. But at the present time, there is this particular man who caught her attention. That certain man whose presence makes her exceptionally happy. Then, who is he? Of course, she needs to keep it all by herself.

"Goddess-ssi, don't tell us you never became interested in men. Have you ever had a boyfriend before? Have you ever liked someone? Oh specifically speaking, have you ever been in love?" Sungyeol questioned with insistence apparent in his tone which made the other men choke with their drinks. "Please tell us, Goddess-ssi."

Perhaps, the others were also anticipating for her answer, but it will be too rude of them if they force her to answer those questions like what the choding guy was literally doing.

"Ya! Stop asking such question! You are intruding someone's privacy. Oh anyway, I apologize in behalf of Sungyeol-ah for asking such questions." Hoya apologetically said as he hit the younger man's arm.

Sungyeol complained, rubbing the area where the older man hit him. "Howon-hyung, I am just curious. Duh~"

Putting a very calm expression on her face, she straightforwardly confessed, "No is what I can answer to your questions, Sungyeol-ssi. Honestly, such things haven't had crossed inside my mind."

"JINJJA?" Sungyeol unintentionally exclaimed in disbelief as his eyes dropped instantly. The other customers were literally disturbed by his sudden outrage which made Sunggyu and the rest apologize by bowing their heads repetitively in behalf of the younger man. "You never had one? Is that even true? How can you not have a boyfriend since then with such beauty of yours? Beautiful women basically would have at least two or three boyfriends. Having at least two boyfriends is the minimum based on what some of the girls I have encountered had said."

"Lee Sungyeol, can you please stop blabbering such things? You are not only embarrassing yourself, but also Sunggyu-hyung and us." Myungsoo complained in his calmest way as possible before bowing his head as a way of apologizing to the woman who was sitting in the middle of him and the stupid and nosy Sungyeol.

"Sungyeol-ssi, I prioritize my family and work that is why I was not able to think about such thing." Taeyeon honestly replied back to Sungyeol's very intriguing questions.

 

Silence.

 

"And that is what makes her different from the rest." All of a sudden, Sunggyu expressed which earned him surprised gazes from the rest, including Taeyeon who was practically confused with his words. He vaguely stated, "Just like a very beautiful star which is isolated from the rest. Its uniqueness stands out amongst the rest."

She thought deeply to herself,"Oh wait~ Wasn't it the thing he said during his birthday?" The woman's face flushed a red tint after hearing his statement, but she tried to pull off a composed reaction to hide the redness of her cheeks. Once again, she mumbled to herself, "Sunggyu-ssi, do you seriously want me to die here?"

"Star? Aiyee! I never knew that you are that greasy and romantic, Sunggyu-hyung. You are doing your move right in front of us huh!" Dongwoo teased as he giggled on his seat, nudging the older man's elbow.

"What is surprising about that? It was not actually the first time we have seen that romantic side of his. The last time I checked, Sunggyu was singing here romantically in front of many people." Sungyeol frankly commented.

"Mwo? Does that mean you were here when I did that?" Surprised and confused, the oldest man interrogated curiously.

Myungsoo answered, "Apparently yes, Mr. Kim Sunggyu. It was a mere coincidence though."

"Aigoo! That was an awesome one! You were like a man proposing to his girlfriend. I will not wonder if you will end up being with her, since it is really obvious that you love--" Sungyeol's words were abruptly cut off when Hoya stuffed a spoonful of Zabaglione in his mouth. Taeyeon and Sunggyu feigned a cough as they looked away from each other.

"Stop talking. Just eat, Lee Sungyeol. I never knew that you are like a showbusiness insider who digs on someone's private life." Howon hissed as he shot Sungyeol a conspicuous glare. "Get a grip of yourself, okay? Oh sorry again, Taeyeon-ssi if this friend of ours is talking too much. Well honestly, this one is really talkative and he says things which he should not say. Sungyeol-ah has a mental capacity which is of a preschooler that is why we call him choding. Please bear with him. I apologize if you were offended by his words."

Taeyeon just awkwardly smiled as she nodded her head. She assured, "I understand, Howon-ssi. I was not offended, actually."

Myungsoo sarcastically mumbled, "What a blabbermouth you are, Sungyeol-hyung."

"But, last question.. Do you like someone right now?" Sungyeol asked, fishing out for answers from her after finishing the Zabaglione he was eating. "I mean.. Is there someone you are interested right--"

"Ya! Sungyeol-ah, stop that." Howon complained, standing up from his seat immediately as he covered the younger man's mouth. "Sorry again, Taeyeon-ssi. As what I have told you earlier, this man is childish. Please do not mind his words."

"No, it is okay. Howon-ssi, please let him finish his question." The woman shook her head as she calmly responded.

Sungyeol gave the older man a victorious glare which made the latter remove the hand from covering his mouth. He playfully murmured, "She said so, Lee Howon." Hoya bowed down before he went back to his seat, shooting Sungyeol a mocking stare.

"Are you sure, Taeyeon-ssi? You do not have to answer his question if you do not want to though." Sunggyu hesitantly asked with his eyes giving her a reluctant gaze.

The woman calmly assured, "It is okay. It is not actually the first time someone asked such things. I have been used to them, honestly."

"Yay! Okay. Tell us your answer, Goddess-ssi." Sungyeol who was literally anticipating for her answer put his right hand on top of her shoulder. "Please, please." Soon, he clung his arm on her shoulders sweetly which gave Taeyeon an uncomfortable feeling.

Sunggyu who saw how Sungyeol clung his arms comfortably frowned, but he tried not to show it as he coolly took a sip on the wine on his glass.

Howon, Myungsoo and Dongwoo stared at each other after stealing a glance of their hyung who had the not-so-nice reaction on his face.

"Ya! Do not cling your arm on her shoulders! Hay! You really are embarrassing, Sungyeol-hyung." Myungsoo hissed as he removed his arm on the woman's shoulders. "I apologize for Sungyeol-hyung's inappropriate behavior, Taeyeon-ssi.'"

Taeyeon cleared her thoat before she revealed, "Truthfully, I had always been cynical towards such things. I am not used to talk about my preferences with men. With your question that if there is someone I like, I am not actually sure with it since I have not experienced liking someone back then, but I can say that there is someone... To be precise, a man who I am growing close with."

"Really? A man? Does that mean that you are starting to like him?" Sungyeol asked another question like a five-year old child fishing out for facts after stealing a glance to Sunggyu who had his mouth shut.

"Uh-- like? Umm.. He is a good friend of mine. Liking is kind of overstatement, really." She calmly excused before she thought to herself carefully, "Like? Perhaps, I do. No, no. I think I do. Yes, I think I...I like him, but... We can never be more than friends."

"Perhaps, they are in the stage of getting to know each other." Dongwoo guessed before he turned his attention back to Taeyeon. He interrogated the woman like an inquisitive nine o' clock news anchor seen in the televisions, "Speaking of that, is there a possibility that you will like that person in the future? Does he go beyond your standards or what? I mean.. Is he qualified with the ideal type of man you want to have in the future? Is there a chance that you will have a deeper relationship with him in the future?"

Though she was awfully overwhelmed with such questions, Taeyeon forced to maintain the composure in her tone, "Oh that.. He is very nice and kind, actually. He is always there whenever I need him, and he is really a reliable friend. Talking about deeper relationship with him has not actually cross my mind. I think it will be better if we stay as friends." She stole a glance of Sunggyu who had his mouth mum. The man coincidentally caught her stealing a glance of him which gave him the notion who she was referring to. Taeyeon immediately looked away from him and tried to show a calm reaction on her face. "Oh shoot.. I was caught."

"Does that mean.... that she is referring to me?" Sunggyu who was quietly sitting between his dongsaengs, Dongwoo and Hoya had the disappointed reaction on his face before he gently mumbled to himself, "So, it means that we can never be more than friends. Hay~ Kim Sunggyu, just accept the fact that she will never like you, so stop expecting for more. At least, she gave you the chance to be her friend. That is better than nothing." Frowning dejectedly after hearing her answer, Sunggyu tried to control his hands from trembling badly which were holding the table napkin which he soon used to wipe the corner of his mouth.

His friends furtively shot the oldest man a pitiable look as they could see how he tried not to show the painful reaction on his face.

Sunggyu feigned a cough which gave the men the notion to look away from him. "Guys, is there something wrong?" asked the oldest man in his usual cold and plain manner of speaking.

"Nothing really." Myungsoo plainly answered.

Dongwoo said, "Where are we again? Oh, Taeyeon-ssi, please continue what you were saying. About that man in your life, is it really impossible for you to like him? If he is very kind and nice, I do not think there is a reason for you not to like him."

Taeyeon gave him a halfhearted smile. "It does not actually mean that I am closing any possibility. I actually do not expect for anything, but it is not unbeknownst to me that there are things which run on their own course. If it happens, it happens." She subtly replied back which surprised the six men.

"Really?" Sungyeol lit up the moment he heard her reply. Though it was actually quite vague, the men knew that it only meant one thing. The downtrodden reaction on Sunggyu's face vanished and turned into a hopeful one. He unconsciously broke into a sweet smile. His friends stole a glance of him before they chuckled to themselves.

Myungso murmured, "It is confirmed. He really likes her a lot."

Taeyeon who saw Myungsoo mumbling something to himself confusedly asked, "Myungsoo-ssi, do you wish to say something?" The younger man just shook his head, and gave her an assuring smile.

"Well then, you have heard it. Better muster yourself up since there is no room for impossibility." Sungyeol vaguely expressed as he shot Sunggyu a scrutinizing stare before he looked away.

She perturbedly asked, "Huh? What are you talking about and who are you referring to, Sungyeol-ssi?"

"Oh no, please do not mind this guy's words. He is just talking too much." Hoya excused to wave off her curiosity. The men knew what the choding guy was talking about, and it will no be good if they let Sungyeol go further with his words.

"If it happens, it happens. You better do your move before it gets too late. Anyway, everyone, please excuse me for a while. I will just go to the rest room." Sungyeol stood up from his seat, bowing his head down before he left.

Meanwhile, Sunggyu was quite flustered with his remark.

"Sungyeollie is always like that. Do not mind that kid, Taeyeon-ssi. He usually says things which are out of this world." Dongwoo joked before he chuckled which eventually made the others laugh at his joke.

"Is that so? Then, he must be a funny one." She said.

"Definitely, Taeyeon-ssi." Myungsoo affirmed. "He really is a funny man."

"Wow~ That is really interesting." She complimented as a genuine smile was formed on his face.

"Interesting? That man? Oh~ He is just childish." Dongwoo said which made the others laugh hardly. "I do not think there is something interesting with that guy.."

 

The lunch ended with them having a comfortable chat with each other by one thirty in the afternoon with them laughing heartily like there was no tomorrow.

 

A week had passed after Sunggyu's birthday celebration at Jeonju. Taeyeon did not expect time to be very fast-approaching. Her closeness to Sunggyu never faded for it kept stronger. He would always ask her to go with him for lunch, though she wanted to refuse. She had no choice but to accept his offers because he was actually man who does not take no for an answer. Sunggyu was just naturally kind and thoughtful, she incessantly reminded herself.

She did not want to put any other label to it, for she knew that her feet must always be stepping on the ground where they should be. Though she did not want to admit, she had been admiring him since day one. Her heart throbs unknowingly whenever she was with him. No one ever treated her the way he did.

It somehow made her feel that she was a girl after all. Her strong and cold facade towards others becomes fragile and innocent in front of him. But, her delusional thoughts fade whenever she thinks of the harsh reality.

Falling deeply in love with him was the worst thing she could do. She is contented with the small but precious friendship they share with each other. For her, romantic feelings could ruin such thing.

Taeyeon opened the café's door as she spread her arms and closed her eyes to grasp some fresh air. Her lips mumbled gently, "Good morning."

A man who was standing in front of her greeted, "Joheun achim, Taeyeon-ssi."

She opened her eyes and flinched slightly. Taeyeon greeted back, "Annyeong haseyo, Sir Woohyun."

Taeyeon tried to bowed her head down, but their heads bumped into each other. "Oh~ Mianhamnida."

The gap between the two of them was literally small. Woohyun was standing in front of her with a genuine smile painted on his face as his feet dragged him closer to her.

"Taeyeon-ssi." He softly spoke up. They could feel each others' breath which gave the both of them chills on their spines.

She feigned a dull expression to hide her sudden awkwardness towards him. The memories last time flashed into her mind.

 

[~]

Having her mind blank with any thought, she was able to smell the minty fragrance of his breath since his mouth was partly opened. Taeyeon was able to feel his hot breath against her lips, giving her chilling effect inside her spine. His lips tasted like a peppermint. Its fragrance was too soothing and captivating that she almost closed both her eyes after smelling it. Nah! But that was not the right and sane thing to do, so she hardly tried to push him away. Nonetheless, she was not able to go against his heaviness. Her breathing almost stopped as if her mind became unaware of the surroundings and knees weakening badly with each and every second passing by. It remained like that for almost five minutes. The woman unconsciously closed her eyes tightly, trying to resist any sensation she despised to feel. 

Soon, the moment the sleeping man whose consciousness was out of the reality that an unexpected kiss happened slowly pulled away from her, letting his head lean on the other side of the couch which made her sigh in relief. She muttered, "What was that for? What the?!"

Watching him as he peacefully slept, Taeyeon murmured, "Hayy~ It is quite relieving you are not awake. Tsk~ Why the hell did that happen? Aish!" She mentally slapped her face after realizing that what happened was the most TERRIBLE thing that has ever happened to her life. But, she could not deny how her heart trembled the moment she saw it with her two eyes. Dugeun, dugeun, dugeun. 

"Anio. I must be crazy right now." Taeyeon scoffed as she knew that thinking about such thing would not be a great idea. "Perhaps, I am just sleepy." Soon, she closed her eyes tightly as she wanted to force herself to forget what happened earlier -- one of the most ridiculous things she never expected to happen EVER in her entire life.

[~]

 

She cleared then asked, "Wae? What is it Sir Woohyun?"

"I just~ want to~" His voice was shaking as he cupped her face with his left hand.

"Sir~ What are you doing? What if others see us?"

"I do not care about them. Listen to what I have to tell you."

"Huh?"

"Just listen to me, okay?"

"But~"

"Taeyeon-ssi."

"Sir~"

"Kim Taeyeon, when are you going to learn listening to me? No more buts, ands and ifs." He said which made her mum from talking.

Woohyun removed his hand from her face. He grabbed her hand and placed on top of his chest. "This one is where my heart is placed. Do you know whom this heart beats for?"

"What?~ What are you talking about?"

Securing her waist with his other hand, Woohyun pulled her towards him, pressing their bodies together, leaving no gap between them.

He sweetly whispered in her ear, "This only beats for you. Only for you." Before she could part her lips to give him a reply, the man held the back of her neck, covering with his passionate yet sweet kiss.

 

Passionate..

Sweet..

 

Kiss?

Real?

 

Too bad...

 

No, it was not.

It was just his foolish imagination.

 

She asked as she looked at the poor delusional man, "Sir, are you alright?"

Realizing that he was foolishly dreaming to himself, he stepped back and mustered his composure. "Ahm, sorry for that."

Taeyeon moved a bit to avoid blocking his way. She definitely knew how her boss would rant just like the last time. His annoying huffs were surely making her feel sick.

"I~I would just go to my office." He excused as he immediately stormed inside the café.

She stretched her neck wondering again towards his unusual behavior, "Why was he being like that again? Is there a dirt on my face?"

 

"Aigoo! Taewoo-ah! I thought that it was for real! Tsk! I hate it!" He took a seat on his chair talking to his so-called son. "Why can't it be for real? Eo? Malhaejwo! Tell me!"

Woohyun was being stupid again. After the thing he did a month ago, he was dreaming that he could grabbed another one from her again. His attraction to her increased, hoping that the two of them could have a chance to be an item. That kiss was the most addicting thing for him. It had something which made him long more for it. It was definitely his first. He wonder why that woman became most of the firsts in his life. Indeed, he was greatly into her. No woman ever caught his attention like that except for her. However, he had no idea how deep his feelings for her were. He knew it was more than infatuation. If it was greater than that, then was it possible that he likes her? Woohyun shook his head hardly.

It was easy to say he was intensely attracted to her, but it was hard to say that he likes her or even loves her. For him, it was still early to conclude such things. He usually gets angry whenever Taeyeon shows him her cold side.

He also fumed in ire when his bastard brother whose name he did not want to mention, serenaded his Milady in front of a lot of people. That Kim rascal looked like he was proposing to her. What hurt him most was Taeyeon appreciated more his brother's efforts than his.

"Tschh! I can pull off such thing better. He looked ugly when he sang. That guy made it too obvious that he is a newbie. What a shame to our family. Hmph!" He grinned bitterly.

The young man knew that his words were just actually out of jealousy. Yes, his older brother lacked experience. Nevertheless, he did not make a difference from him though. Woohyun asked after pinching the cheeks of his bear, Taewoo who was placed on top of his desk.

"Right baby? Your dad did better. Uh~ Why did hyung do that? He rarely shows his affection towards others. Could it be~" He slammed his desk using his hands and shouted, "No! As in a BIG NO!!!! He cannot like her."

The young man knew that if his brother liked her there would be a very big possibility that she would soon reciprocate his feelings. If that happens, he would surely be left behind like a sore loser in the end. He would not be able to take losing to him ever again.

"I will never let that happen. Hyung and her can never be with each other." Woohyun held a pencil with his right hand and broke it into pieces. "The great Nam Woohyun will never allow it to happen Hahahaha!" He feverishly laughed and sounded like a villain from a tv drama. "I will have to die first before it happens. Hahahaha! That is impossible. Hyung is just too kind to her. He actually is to everybody. But~ Aigoo! He was never that sweet to anyone else except for her. No! No! Hay! It was pretty obvious that Taeyeon has something for him. Andwae! No!"

His head was almost popping with different thoughts when his phone rang. "Damn! Who the heck?" He grabbed his phone as he answered, "Yobosaeyo?"

"Woohyun-hyung! This is Sungyeol." The man on the other line replied.

He just rolled his eyes, thinking that his call was no good to begin with. "Wae? Can please tell me why you called me? Tell it right away. You are such a disturbance. I am busy."

"Disturbance? Oh! Well, I guess I have to you know~What a waste! I have a very intriguing news about Gyu-hyung."

"Hyung? I am not interested in any single thing about him."

"Oh~ Okay. I will hang up now. The thing I saw about hyung and a girl ~"

"Mwo? I do not care if hyung was with a woman~~" Realizing who the only woman who seemed to be getting much of his brother's attention, he suddenly burst out of curiousity, "Who is she? Tell me!"

"You said that you are not interested." Sungyeol teased on the other line.

"Shut up! Do not be such a cliffhanger. Tell me!"

"The answer is quite obvious. I will tell you more of the details later. Do not forget to buy us four boxes of pizza. I want pepperoni."

A set of voices on the other line shouted who probably snatched the phone from the choding guy's hold, "I want hawaiian!" Myungsoo said.

"Mexican barbeque for me!" Hoya in.

Dongwoo added, "Mushroom and cheese, please!"

Sungyeol grabbed back the phone and said before hanging up the call, "You heard their requests, right? Don't you ever forget them, or else you are dead. I know you would not want to miss a single detail of it. See ya later, Dude!"

"Ya! You ras~" He yelled as he hit his phone hardly on the table the moment the call had cut off. "That stupid choding man surely loved playing games with me. Why in the world did I have friends like them? Heavens! Are they really going to my brother's side?"

Woohyun immediately dug out his keys in his pockets. "Baby Taewoo, appa needs to see his friends. I really do not want to leave you, but I have to. You are an understanding baby, right? You understand why I need to do this. Your mom is probably cheating on us. I need to confirm it. Saranghaeyo." He affectionately said as he kissed the bear's cheeks. The young man stood up and left the room afterwards.

 

"Annyeong haseyo, Sir Woohyun." The staff members greeted as they bowed their heads down.

Woohyun just greeted them a bow and said, "Mr. Bong, I have to leave for an urgent matter. I hope you would take care of the café in my behalf. Anyway, I will be back after it immediately."

"Okay, I will. Do not worry. Sunggyu-nim said he would come along to check the café later." Mr. Bong answered, assuring that everything in he café would be fine.

The young lad asked, with his ears reddening because of anger, "Sunggyu-hyung?"

"That bastard! Why the heck will he go here?" He told himself.

The old man replied, "Yes, your brother."

"Ah~ Uh~ I will be back before he arrives here. I surely will." The former said with a not-so-obvious fury in his words. He bowed his head down and left.

Mr. Bong muttered in excitement, "Something smells fishy. I wonder what it is."

While walking towards the doorstep, Woohyun saw Taeyeon who was supposed to enter the café. She just finished disposing last night's garbages. The woman slightly flinched when she saw her boss's sharp and unusual glare at her. It took them a few minutes before being snapped out of the unknown cold tension between the two of them. "Annyeong haseyo, Sir Woohyun." She bowed her head down to pay respect to him.

Remembering Sungyeol's unconfirmed words, he just looked away and ignored her. He walked away as if he did not see her.

"What was with him again?" Taeyeon wondered as she entered the café.

A familliar voice from her back stated, "That is when a man falls in love."

"Mr. Bong, annyeong haseyo." The young woman greeted with her head bowing down.

"Hay! I never knew he would be like that just because of love." The old man said with his head shaking in disbelief.

"He? You mean Sir Woohyun?"

"Yeah. Well, actually he is an ideal man for most of the girls. He has riches and looks."

Taeyeon mumbled as low as possible, "He probably is for them, but for me he is a one annoying man."

It was not loud, but was audible enough for the old man to hear it. "Eh? Not your type?" He asked teasingly.

She was shocked the moment he asked her, "Huh?"

"Perhaps, someone like Sunggyu-nim is your type."

Taeyeon blushed a bit, so she put her head down to hide it, "Ye~ah. Aigoo! What are you saying Kim Taeyeon?"  She thought.

Mr. Bong studied her reaction. He decided to avoid asking her more because her expression explained her answer very well.

"Anyway, do not mind Woohyun-ssi. He must be in a bad mood. Being in love comes with jealousy." He explained.

She resented, "But~ What does it have to do with me? He always turns his anger towards me. If he is angry to the woman he likes, then he should not vent his anger to me. It is not my fault. It is that girl's fault."

He thought, "I do not know. Tsk~ If you just know the truth behind it." The old man agreed on her statement though his words were contrary to what he actually meant, "Yeah, it was not your fault. Really not your fault, Taeyeon-ssi."

 

Woohyun arrived at their usual hangout place, carrying the four boxes of pizza his friends asked him to bring."I am here now." He said as he placed them on the top of the glass table.

"Good. I thought you will break our rules." Sungyeol said.

The former sat on the couch to catch his breath. He actually paid the pizzas triple their prices just for him to get them in just a minute. "Now, what? Do not tell me that you guys were just trolling me, or else I will really break your bones."

"You cannot break mine, so I do not really mind it." Hoya stated as he put his hands on his lap.

Dongwoo added as he laughed, "Same here."

"I do not think you can do that to me either." Myungsoo, the stoic prince in.

Woohyun shouted in annoyance, "Come on. Tell me the news now!"

"What am I going to tell you then?" Sungyeol teased, pretending not to know anything as he tapped his chin which made them all burst out in laughter except for Woohyun. He was surely pissed off to his silly bully friends.

"Don't you know how serious I am? You guys really love seeing me being pathetic. Ah~ Right. I really am pathetic." Woohyun said with an obvious seriousness in his voice.

They all stopped laughing when they heard his words. It went to a major silence which made the guys shrugged their shoulders because of the awkward atmosphere.

The annoyed man mocked before walking away, "Just enjoy the foods. I need to go now. Thanks for disturbing me while I am working."

Myungsoo nudged Sungyeol's elbows, "Tell him now." He whispered.

"Sorry for that. I do not mean to be a stupid cliffhanger. We really do have a news. I would like to share you that if you will sit down and listen to it." The choding guy spoke up. "So~ Do you still want to hear it?" He continued.

Woohyun, who was a step away from the door, took a deep breath and faced them. He went back to them and sat on the couch.

"Tsk tsk. Such a walkout king. How can she like you if you are like that?" Dongwoo said as he shook his head in disbelief.

"Stop the nonsense talking now." Woohyun said. "You don't know anything, Jang Dongwoo."

Sungyeol clasped his hand together as he put them on his lap, "I will do the talking on their behalf. Okay. It happened like this~"

The former had his ears widely opened as he listened to him carefully. "Like what?"

"Can you just listen me first?" The latter answered. "Nam Woohyun, patience please."

"Okay~ Okay."

 

[~]

"Speaking of hyung...." Sungyeol muttered speechlessly as if something caught his tongue, "Isn't.. isn't.. Isn't that--him?"

Confused with his sudden surprise reaction, Myungsoo asked him, "What are you saying, Sungyeol? What are you talking about?" He turned his head towards the direction that his friend was pointing at and it also caught his attention. Just like Sungyeol's reaction, his face suddenly turned surprised before he mumbled, "Nae. Isn't that...Isn't that Sunggyu-hyung?"

Dongwoo and Hoya turned their heads in unison to the direction where Sunggyu and an unknown woman was sitting on before Sungyeol one asked curiously, "Who is he with? He is with a woman right now if I am not mistaken."

"Oh, don't tell me it is the minihompy girl." Myungsoo uttered with his eyes carefully watching Sunggyu and the woman.

"Nae, nae. I smell something fishy." Dongwoo vaguely said as a smirk was formed on his face.

[~]

 

The choding man asked, "And that is the story. Contented now?"

"Eh! Are you really sure that it was hyung? And the woman with him was~" Woohyun asked in insistence.

Dongwoo answered him straightforwardly, "Pretty obvious."

"Are you really sure? What if you are just mistaken? What if it was hyung and someone different." The former asked once again.

Hoya asked as he cocked an eyebrow, "Do you think we were pulling off a troll on you? Are you saying that we were just making a story?"

"Exactly. You guys know that I will get annoyed, so you are trying to trick me. That woman maybe was one of hyung's client or what." Woohyun completely denied.

Myungsoo insisted, "No, hyung we clearly have seen it with our own eyes. With our 8 eyes. Two for each of us."

"No! You guys were just~" The former said persistently when Sungyeol cut off his statement, "Ah! Okay. Maybe we were just mistaken. I guess Ms. Kim Taeyeon is just hyung's mere CLIENT." He clearly emphasized the word client.

Woohyun was totally shocked on the name he mentioned. He gulped and asked, "Kim~ What?"

"Yeah. It was her name. We ate on the table near them. We also heard hyung mentioning her name as well." The stoic prince affirmed.

Hoya added, "Oh~ Right! When we went towards them, hyung even introduced her as his friend. We actually took a picture as a sole proof. Here. Take a look." He showed a photo from his phone which obviously flustered Woohyun more.

 

[~]

Hoya suggested, "Let us capture an evidence, eo?"

Dongwoo brought out his phone from his pocket as he took a shot of Sunggyu eating and talking with a woman not far away from where they were sitting.

"Haha~ What a nice remembrance." Sungyeol said.

Just right at the moment when the four men watched them behind, Myungsoo's phone interrupted them from their thoughts. He answered it without looking at the caller id. "Yobosaeyo? This is Kim Myungsoo speaking."

"Annyeong haseyo, L-kun. This is Kim Sunggyu."

His eyes widening awfully as if he heard something he never expected to hear, he opened his mouth in shock before he was able to calm himself up and manage to utter any word. "Gyu-hyung?? Oh, annyeong! What is the purpose of your call?" The other men compressed with him to listen to their conversation. Myungsoo slightly pushed Sungyeol away for putting his body too close which almost made the phone fall from his hold. He mouthed to the choding guy, "Babo, Sungyeol!"

"I just want to check on you. I am sorry if I was not able to pay a visit on you. How is life doing? Also, how is Sungyeol, Dongwoo and Howon doing?" The four men could see how Sunggyu was talking over the phone with Myungsoo who unbeknownst to the former was watching him afar along with his friends.

"Ah.. We are all completely fine. Thank you for checking on us, Gyu-hyung." Myungsoo awkwardly said.

"No problem, L-dongsaeng. By the way, may I ask where you are?"

"Where we.. are?" Myungsoo answered the question with another question.

"Nae, I am asking where you are."

Myungsoo stuttered a he gulped hardly, "Uh-that."

He heard how the older man chuckled on the other line before the latter spoke up, "It will be better if you will come here. It is not like being three tables away from each other is being kilometers away, right? Come on over here." Sunggyu tilted his head towards the direction where the men was sitting as he gestured them to come near the table where he and the woman with him were actually eating. "Come here, guys!"

Not having a choice after being caught red-handed, they went towards the table where Sunggyu and a woman were eating.

"Annyeong! Gyu-hyung, how were you able to know that we're here?" Hoya shyly asked, scratching his hair repetitively.

"We actually arrived here five minutes before you did. Oh well, I heard how Yeollie-dongsaeng exclaimed loudly a while ago."

"Oh.. Arasseo." Hoya mumbled.

Sunggyu and the woman stood up from their seats as they bowed their heads down. He introduced his friends with a friendly smile on his face, "Taeyeon-ssi, These are my brother and I's friends since middle school. I am gladly introducing these friends of mine to you." He cleared his throat before he it was the turn to introduce her to the four men this time, "Guys, she is Kim Taeyeon."

She politely greeted the four men, bowing her head once again, "Annyeong haseyo. Je ireumeun Kim Taeyeon imnida. It is a pleasure to meet you all."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter