24: Taking Chances

Can U Smile?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

C h a p t e r XXIV

 

[Super Junior - This Is Love]

[10/26/2014] Yeoreobun, it has been a while, right? Ohh, author-nim and I apologize for the loooonggg wait. We have been through hard times during the previous semester... Tons of school stuff ... Aigoo~ To compensate for that, there will be two follow-up chapters that we will post 2 follow-up chapters before the start of the new school semester. Kamsahamnida~ ♥

I'll be promoting 2 other fanfics:  http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/702060/aftertime-angst-romance-sunggyu-taeyeon-infinitexsnsd-taegyu-gyutae and the ff for WOOTAE fans! Its title is disGUYsed (Shh, I Love You). Here is the link: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/798363/. I hope you will support it because I will be updating it SOOON. I'll just edit the tyographical ERRORS next time.

 

 GyuTae is still ahead with numerous votes over WooTae in both (old & new) polls. Keep on voting, okay? Hwaiting! :) The links are as follows: 

OLD POLL:

http://www.asianfanfics.com/poll/vote/78878

NEW POLL:

http://www.asianfanfics.com/poll/vote/89979

    

“Why are we here?” Taeyeon asked with her eyes staring at the house blankly.

Her boss clung his arm over her shoulders and answered back, “Isn’t it obvious? We will be going inside your house, Kim Taeyeon."

The woman jolted up upon hearing his words, and asked, "We? Did you just say 'we'?" She raised up an eyebrow on him before she folded her arms and removed the arm of the man over her shoulders. "Sir Woohyun, seriously? Or perhaps, did I just mishear it?"

"No, you heard it right, Milady. Waeyo?" Woohyun asked without blinking an eye. "Is there a problem with that?"

She surprisingly asked, "Mwo?"

"Wae? Waeyo? Ms. Kim Taeyeon, do you remember the time before you had your off last April? Let me remind you that you told me that your parents requested me to visit your home once I get a spare time. Well, tonight is my spare time, so any other objection?" Her boss stated as he shot her a foced smile.

"Ow~ Jinjja?"

The man added, "Yes, Ms. Kim. With the way you speak, it seems like you do not want me to visit them, isn't it? They know that I am your friend, right? You should not speak as if I am not welcome to visit your home."

"Animnida, that's not what I mean. It is just that—" She let out a big sigh, and continued, "It is just that—"

Her words were cut off by her boss' sudden scoff, "Then, what do you mean by that? You speak as if I cannot visit your house. Aigoo! Am I sort of a bad guy or what?"

"No, that is not it!" She insisted, trying to calm Woohyun who was about to fume in ire.

Demanding an answer, he asked, "Then, what?"

"Uh-uh. I am sorry. I am sorry, Sir Woohyun." Taeyeon apologized as she bowed her head down. "Are you angry with me, Sir Woohyun?"

"Angry? Ah—no. It is alright." His face momentarily softened up after hearing her words. "Don't worry about it. I am not angry. I just felt a bit bad that you spoke like you did not want me to visit your house."

"I am sorry again. Mianhaeyo, Sir Woohyun." The woman put her head down and apologetically said.

"Ay ay ay! Stop that! Brush off the formalities." He muttered in annoyance then soon questioned, "Do you plan to have the both of us to rot here outside your house?"

"Ah that—" Taeyeon sheepishly replied to his question, "Ah, of course not. Animnida, Sir Woohyun. No, I don't. Sorry again."

"Okay, okay. Cut off the talk. So, shall we?" Woohyun said, offering his hand to the woman beside him, giving her a wink and a bright smile. Soon, she had no choice but to hold his hand as both of them went towards the Lee's Residence.

"Weird. He really is weird. But, that is not new to me, right?"

 

"A pleasant evening to you, Aunt Gongjoo, Uncle Ilbong and Sungjong-dongsaeng." Woohyun politely greeted as he bowed down his head. "It has been a while since we have met."

"Oh, what a pleasant evening to you as well, Namu-ssi." Ilbong greeted back, his eyes and brain processing if he was seeing and hearing the man's face and voice in front of him to assure himself that he was not dreaming or something.

Gongjoo added, "Good evening! I am also really pleased to meet you, Namu-ah. Have a seat." The young man nodded his head and did as what the old woman said.

"Joeun jeonyeok imnida! Woah~ Is that really you, Namu-hyung?" Sungjong said in awe as he sat down the floor, and the rest also sat down. "Wow! You have become more handsome than the last time you have gone here! Amazing! What is your secret?"

Woohyun let out a soft chuckle before he answered back in a humble way, "Really? Thank you for that. You too. You have also become more handsome and adorable. Well, secret? I do not have a secret. Besides, I am not that good-looking. You look better than I do."

"Ayiee! Hyung-nim, I did not know you are that shy-type! Haha~" Sungjong joked. "Do you drink blood like vampires or something? Or perhaps, is there someone that inspires you these days? You are really blooming, hyung."

"Sungjong-ah." Taeyeon muttered which immediately made the younger one zip his mouth. "I never knew that my brother has this nosiness in him."

"Sungjong is right. Namu-ssi became more handsome than the last time he went here. Waeyo? Taeyeon-ah, don't you find him good-looking?" Ilbong questioned all of a sudden which flustered her from her seat.

"Handsome?" Speechless as if something hindered her from speaking, she let out a big sigh. "Him? I get it. I am not blind."

"But I am sure that she finds him handsome too. God! Look. Noona is blushing though she hides it." Sungjong said to his sister in disbelief, "What the?! Noona, you must be blind then."

"Oh, please do not be like that to your noona, Sungjong-dongsaeng." Woohyun said as he tried to suppress his laughter.

Momentarily, they broke out in laughter. Of course, with the exception of the cold princess who shot her brother a dirty look. The youngest one blurted, "If that is the case, you have a very poor eyesight, Taeyeon-noona."

"Okay. Stop teasing your noona, Sungjonggie. Before anything else, I will just make some tea for all of us." Gongjoo smiled sweetly as she stood up.

"Ah nae, nae. Kamsahamnida, Aunt Gongjoo." Woohyun politely said as he smiled.

 

"How is life doing so far?" Ilbong asked, taking a sip of the tea on his cup.

"Everything is going smoothly so far, Uncle Ilbong. Actually, I am enjoying my work for the past few days." Woohyun politely replied.

"Really? That is really nice to hear from you. So, is there someone inspiring you these days? I also notice how blooming you are right now." The old man guessed as he shot him a teasing gazes.

"Nae, nae. Malhaebwa, Namu-hyung. Is Appa right with his guess? Is there someone drawing your attention now or should I say is there someone you are courting right now?" Sungjong interrogated like a showbusiness insider which made Woohyun blush madly. "Who is she?"

"Court—courting a woman?" The man shyly muttered. Furtively stealing a glance of the woman sitting across him, he mumbled, "That—actually—eh.."

Seeing how her younger brother fish out for answers nosily from Nam Woohyun, Taeyeon muttered coldly, "Lee Sungjong, geumanhae."

"Wae? Waeyo? I am just curious, Taeyeon-noona. You are such a killjoy." Sungjong answered back in annoyance as he rolled his eyes.

"Sungjong-ahdul, your noona is right. Please stop asking Namu-ssi such personal questions." Gongjoo said to the younger one. She then apologized to Woohyun, "Joesonghamnida. I apologize for my son's nosiness."

"No, it is okay. I do not mind it though, Aunt Gongjoo. To tell you the truth, there is really a woman who is drawing my attention right now." He stole once again a glance of Taeyeon who was quietly sitting across him. "The woman who constantly bothers my mind and heart every day. That girl is her. Of course, I know I cannot say that the girl is her. Life. Heol~" Then, the man let out an unheard sigh.

Sungjong asked curiously, "Really? Wow! So are you courting her?"

"Well actually, I am not courting her—yet." Woohyun replied back shyly. "Though I want to."

The old man joined the conversation once again and asked, "Not yet? Waeyo? Don't you like her?"

"Uncle Ilbong, honestly, I think it will be better for us to be friends because I want to get to know her more. In that stage, it will be very inappropriate if I court her. But I—I can say that yes. Yes, I like her." Woohyun straightforwardly expressed. "Yes, I think I really do though I want to deny it."

"Oh, so that is why. Namu-ah, you are right. People need to pass on the stage before settling with a closer and deeper relationship. Of course, Gongjoo and I experienced such things when we were young. We experienced a lot of hardships before we became together. Too bad that she married Han-ssi before that I thought that it will be impossible for us to be together, but the fate was so kind that it turned impossibility into a great possibility." The old man narrated as he smiled. "And there's Lee Sungjong, our very wonderful child."

"Ya! Cut off that drama, yeobong! You know that you do not need to hook up the past." Gongjoo grumbled as she hit her husband's arm.

"Aww! Apayo! I am just telling him a short description of our love story. Isn't that romantic?" Ilbong defended before he stated, shifting his eyes towards his daughter, "But, the thing that I am thankful to Han-ssi is that he gave us a very beautiful and wonderful daughter, Taeyeon-ah."

"Well, you are right. Uncle, she is really wonderful, very wonderful." Woohyun unconsciously mumbled. "That she makes my heart flutter...Flutter? Heart? Ow! Wait! What am I saying?"

All of them turned their eyes towards the young woman. Having her own world, she did not notice that everyone was looking at her. Well, she was actually busy with her phone since someone texted her, and she did not have a choice but to reply to that person's message.

"Good evening! Taeyeon-ssi, how are you?"

Hesitantly typing her reply to his text, she let out a big sigh.

"Good evening. I am doing fine. Thank you for asking."

Once again, the person sent her another text message:

"Taeyeon-ssi, can I ask you another thing?"

Thrifty with what to answer in the text conversation, she texted back:

"Eung."

She immediately received another text message:

"Oh, hold on. I will give you a phone call."

"Phone call? Waeyo?" She did not reply back, and just kept her phone inside her hoodie's pocket. Finally, noticing how everyone was looking at her, she innocently asked, "Oh, sorry. Where are we again?"

"Aigoo! You really have your own world because you are busy texting someone. Who is that? Don't tell us that you have your boyfriend now." Sungjong muttered. "What? Tell us, Taeyeon-noona!"

"Namja—chingu?" She stuttered. Taeyeon was suddenly flustered with her brother's indirect accusation, that is why she became speechless from her seat. "That is far from possible." Her face awfully turned red.

"See? Appa and Eomma, she is hiding something from us! She has her boyfriend now without even telling us!"

"Kim Taeyeon." Her father muttered in anger.

"Admit it." Sungjong muttered.

"Admit what?" She innocently asked.

"Kim Taeyeon."

"Appa, what? What do I have to admit?"

"Kim Taeyeon."

"Appa, what?"

"Kim Taeyeon, don't ever lie."

"Appa, what? I am not lying. Why will I lie? I am not doing anything wrong. I swear." Taeyeon stuttered as she tried to calm herself up. "Oh dang! This is no good."

Sungjong scoffed, "Jinjja?"

Unknowingly, Woohyun also fumed in anger as gritted his teeth, "Boyfriend? Aish! That is impossible! She does not have any boyfriend! Don't tell me that the one texting her is Sunggyu-hyung? Aigoo, aigoo! What a moment wrecker! Dang! He will never ever become her boyfriend! I will not let that happen!"

"Aigoo! Since when did you become this secretive, Kim Taeyeon?" Ilbong suddenly burst. "Just because of that man, you are being this kind of person! Did we ever teach you to lie and keep things only by yourself?"

"Is that true, Taeyeon-ah?" Her mother asked in panic.

"What?" Taeyeon muttered in bewilderment. "What are they saying? Boyfriend? I do not have a boyfriend for Pete's sake!"

Outraged. Her family was outraged and even Nam Woohyun, her boss who was secretly bursting his anger inside his mind. Of course, he was pretending to be unaffected since that will complicate the situation more.

"Kim Taeyeon, your mother is asking you if it is true."

Composing herself from her seat, she calmly stated without blinking an eye, "Appa, no, it isn't. I do not have a time for that."

Sungjong refuted his sister's statement, "She is denying!"

"Is that true?" Gongjoo asked once again.

"I am saying truth, Eomma. Why are you all panicking? Isn't that too inappropriate since we have a visitor with us?" The outraged people suddenly turned calm after hearing her words.

"Jinjja?" Sungjong asked and Taeyeon just nodded her head in assurance.

 

Sigh.

 

Her father sighed as he said in relief, "Aigoo! You exaggerated too much, Lee Sungjong! Tsk!"

Taeyeon just scratched the back of her head gently and told herself, "What a life."

"Appa, you also did! Don't blame me!"

"Aish! Aish! Stop that. Taeyeon-ah is right. Let us stop acting childishly since we have a visitor with us. Oh, sorry again, Namu-ah."

"No, it is okay. I think I will also react that way if I were in your shoes." The man humbly answered back. "It is because you just want to protect her."

"That is true, Namu-hyung. We just want to protect her since women these days end up getting hurt after getting dumped by men."

"If I will be her boyfriend, I will never do that because I will protect her no matter what." Woohyun said to himself before he affirmed, "Nae, nae. That is true and the reality is quite unfortunate."

"How poor those women are." Gongjoo said.

"Well, I think that you, Taeyeon are not lying since you never ever lied to us even before. I believe you." Ilbong stated to his daughter. "I apologize for acting like a crazy one."

"But I did. I lied that this rascal is my friend and I hid the fact that he is my boss. Mianhae, Appa." Taeyeon just answered back, "It is okay, Appa. I do not mind it, and I understand why you reacted that way, actually."

"Aww~ You are such an understanding daughter." Ilbong said affectionately.

"Phone call. He really did what he said. Why would he call me during this late evening?" Going back to her own world again, Taeyeon dug out her phone from her hoodie's pocket after sensing its vibration. "Should I answer this call?" She just blankly stared at her phone screen.

"Is that an important phone call? Why don't you answer it?" Gongjoo asked her daughter.

Sungjong questioned, "Oh, who is the one calling you in the middle of the night?"

"It is In Na-unnie. I think she wants to tell me something." She calmly said as she held her phone tightly. "Alright. I will take this call."

"Alright, go ahead. Take the call now." Ilbong said. "Don't let In Na wait for you to answer her call."

"That seems to be urgent. Uncle Ilbong is right. Take the call now." Woohyun stared at her deeply, carefully judging her reaction before he told himself, "She is lying. I know it. The one calling her is none other than, Kim Sunggyu. What a liar."

"Go ahead, and I will prepare dinner for the five of us." Gongjoo said.

"Yes, I will. I will just go outside and take this call." Taeyeon said, bowing her head before she stood up and went outside.

 

"Good evening. Taeyeon-ssi, sorry if I bothered you this late evening." Definitely, it was Kim Sunggyu. Hearing no response on the other line, his calm voice turned into a raspy one, "Did I bother you from your sleep?"

Finally, she decided to speak up, "Good evening. No, you didn't. What is the purpose of your call, Sunggyu-seonsaengnim?"

 

Silence.

 

The line was filled with a peculiar silence before Sunggyu started to speak up on the other line, "Taeyeon-ssi, are you—are you—angry with me?" His voice sounded worried and sad at the same time.

"Oh that—angry? Why would I?" She answered back without hesitation.

"I noticed that you were avoiding me recently. Did I do something wrong?"

"What? Why are you saying that?"

"Look. It is quite obvious that you are angry to me because you are calling me seonsaengnim again."

"Oh, only because of that?"

"Taeyeon-ssi, I can feel it. I am serious here. Tell me. Did I upset you?"

"You did not. Sorry. I apologize if I forgot it again."

"Taeyeon-ssi."

"I am not angry. Please do not think too much, Sunggyu-ssi." Accidentally, Taeyeon the speaker phone and she instantly muttered under her breath, "Dang, what the—" She tried inactivating the speakerphone, but there was a calibration problem going on with her phone.

Momentarily, she heard how he seriously stated on the other line, "Bogosipoyo."

Taeyeon was flustered upon hearing his statement and she was frozen from where she was standing. The phone she was holding almost fell down from her hands. "Oh god! My phone—Aigoo!"

"Taeyeon-ssi, I miss you."

Her eyes widened in surprise as she uttered, "Huh?"

"I miss you, Taeyeon-ssi. I really miss you a lot." She just fell silent on the other line which instantly dejected the man more. He pleaded, "Please, Taeyeon-ssi. Please do not be like this."

"Why are you saying such thing?" Taeyeon innocently uttered as she awkwardly chuckled. "But I know you do not—"

The man on the other line cut off her words, "Yes, I do. I mean it."

On the other hand, Woohyun was hiding behind a corner since few minutes ago because of his growing curiosity what Taeyeon and Sunggyu will be talking over the phone. Obviously, he heard what Sunggyu said when Taeyeon accidentally activated the speakerphone. If it is something trivial, then why did she go outside before taking the call?

"Mwo—mwo? Bogosipoyo? Did you just say you miss her? Wow! Really! Really! I applaud you, Mr. Actor. I never knew that you have that greasy side of you! You really are planning to wreck my moment, huh! Then, I will wreck yours too!" Woohyun scoffed mentally after hearing what his brother said on the other line. Gritting his teeth as if he was about to burst like a volcano, he called out loudly, knowing that Sunggyu will hear him on the other line, "Milady! Milady! Milady, the food is ready now! Ppalli! Ppalli!"

"Nam Woohyun? Oh god! Why is this man so loud?" Taeyeon cussed mentally as she hurriedly forced to turn off the speakerphone. She turned her head towards the man who was not that far from her and mouthed, "Nae, nae, nae. Please tell them that I am coming over. I am still talking to someone over the phone."

"But—"

"Go ahead now, Woohyun-ssi. Please tell them I am coming over."

"Alright, alright. Isn't that your friend, Yoo In Na-ssi who is at Busan right now?"

"Ah—uh—nae. Nae, you are right. You are right." Taeyeon awkwardly said, but it was obvious that she was lying because she was literally stuttering with her words. "Nae—nae. This is In Na-unnie. That is right—that is—right. This is In Na-unnie. Wa—wae—waeyo?"

"Sungjong-dongsaeng asked me to tell you that he requests her to buy natural facial creams. Also, please tell In Na-ssi that I want to meet her too. Oh by the way, are you alright? You seem to be stammering with your words." The man said as he pretended to act as if he did not know who she was talking to. "Now, are you still there, Kim Sunggyu?"

"No, no,no. I am—not—what I mean is I am alright. Please do not mind me." Taeyeon replied back. "Nae—nae—nae. I will, I will. I will tell her what you have said. Look, In Na-unnie is waiting, so I will just be finishing this call."

He said loudly, emphasizing every word he said, "Sorry. What did you say? I cannot hear you, Milady. Are you sure that you really are alright?"

"Aish! Nam Woohyun! What the hell is your problem? Are you deaf or what?" She sighed as she tried to covered the phone with her left hand. The woman hissed, preventing herself from bursting her irritation, "I said that In Na-unnie is waiting on the other line, so please go inside now."

"I told you, Kim Sunggyu. Today is my day." Woohyun nodded his head obediently. "Alright, I will be going inside now. Sorry for interrupting your conversation with Yoo In Na-ssi." He certainly knew that Sunggyu heard how Taeyeon lied, and this was what made him feel victorious. Really victorious like a child who was able to stole someone else's candy. Too ridiculous, right? But that was how he felt.

Taeyeon who was trying to cover the phone just nodded her head and awkwardly answered back in her lowest voice as possible, "Nae, nae. Just go inside now, Woohyun-ssi."

"Such a liar, Kim Taeyeon." He smirked before he walked back and said to himself, "Sorry for interrupting your conversation with Kim Sunggyu."

Soon, she went back to the conversation she had with Kim Sunggyu earlier. Once again, the woman let out a big sigh. "Oh, I apologize for that, Sunggyu-ssi. Where are we again? What did you say earlier?"

 

Silence.

 

"Taeyeon-ssi." She heard a sigh on the other line and momentarily, and she heard him speaking up, "Perhaps, I disturbed you today. Mianhaeyo. I apologize for that. Anyway, good night to you."

"Well, you didn't, actually. Alright. Good night to you as well."

"Take care."

"You too." The woman answered back and soon waited for him to hang up on the other line before Taeyeon stretched her arms and slipped the phone inside her hoodie's pocket. "Is he okay? Why does he sounded too dejected?"

 

"Namu-ah, you should eat more food. I notice that you look skinny right now." Gongjoo said as she put a fish on the man's plate. "Though you are busy at work, you should not forget to take care of your health."

He nodded his head and answered back, "Yes, Aunt Gongjoo. I promise to eat well."

"That is right. Anyway, Taeyeon-ah, what are you waiting for? Is there a problem? Why aren't you eating your food?" Ilbong asked his daughter who was staring blankly at the foods.

She was snapped out of her thoughts and replied back, "Uh—uh. I am sorry. Nae, I will eat now."

"Ya! Noona, are you okay? You seem to be fazed since the moment you finished talking to In Na-noona. Waeyo? Did something happen to her?" Sungjong asked worriedly.

"Something? No—no. I am alright. Please do not mind me. There is nothing wrong. In Na-unnie said that she was okay, and I am actually happy that she is." Taeyeon excused as she started eating the foods on her plate. "I also relayed the message you wanted to tell her. She said that when she comes back, she will give you many souvenirs she brought from Busan."

Sungjong said in awe, "Really? That is nice! Wow! In Na-noona is really sweet! Did she really say that?"

"Of course. Of course, she did." The woman faked a smile and nodded her head. "Sorry if I had to lie to you, Sungjong-dongsaeng."

"Shessh. Liar. In Na-unnie your ! Duh! Kim Taeyeon, you were talking to Kim Sunggyu a while ago. What a liar." Woohyun rolled his eyes as he continued eating his food. "Taeyeon-ssi, your friend must be so kind, right?"

"Uh—that is right. In Na-unnie is really kind." Taeyeon said as she looked away from Woohyun's judging reaction. "Why the hell is this man looking at me as if he knows what I am thinking?"

"Anyway, let us finish our food now and we'll do something to ease up the mood." Ilbong said as he smiled brightly.

 

"Hyung, can you think of something to play with or some sort of what to do that isn't boring?" Sungjong asked while munching a piece of a rice cake that her mother prepared.

"Something that is not boring?" Woohyun wondered as he took a sip of the tea on his cup.

"Well, for me, I feel like going to a Noraebang during this late evening and sing out my stress like there is no tomorrow." Ilbong unconsciously mumbled, stretching out his sinewy arms. "You know I will sing like a famous singer during the late 1970s. Ah! It was Shim Soo-bong. What was her song? Ah! I remember that my favorite song of hers back then was I Don't Know Anything Else But Love."

"Yah~ Scrape off that idea, yeobo!"

"Noraebang?" Sungjong and Woohyun surprisingly questioned in unison.

The old man weakly nodded his head and replied, "Yeah, noraebang."

"Mwo? Noraebang?" Gongjoo sputtered and the youngsters looked at the old man in surprise. The old woman added, "Are you out of our mind? It is already late in the evening, so why the heck do you want to go to Noraebang?"

"Jagiya, you know that I am really good in singing trots, right? Let me show you some sample." Soon, the old man started singing a part of the song, "Geudae nae gyeote seon sungan. Geu nun i neomu joah. Eoje neun ureot jiman o neureun dang shin daeme. Nae ireun haengbok hal kkeoya.~"

"Anio! Stop it! Stop it!"

"Yeobong, don't you think it is much better to go to a Noraebang during this late evening? Well, most people sing at karaoke rooms during evening."

"Anio. I don't think that is a good idea, Ilbong-ah." Gongjoo folded her arms and looked away from her husband.

"Jagiya."

"I said NO."

"Jagiya."

"Stop insisting it, okay? If you want to, then go!"

"Eeh! Jagiya, just once. Please."

"No. I said NO. The last time we dropped by a Noraebang, you drowned yourself in too much alcohol, and now you are expecting me to allow you to go to a Noraebang during this late evening?"

"Please. I promise not to drink alcohol. I'll just sing, okay?"

"No."

"Please."

"No."

"Please."

"No."

"Please."

"No."

"Please."

"Ya! Lee Ilbong, stop it."

"Eehhh—"

Woohyun who was watching the couple in a small yet cute fight, chuckled from his seat as he thought to himself, "How cute. I wonder if I will also experience something like that in the future. I wish that I will be able to marry someone who will shower me with love and care, and stay by my side forever. I want to have a wife who will take care of me and my children while we spend time living in a simple house. Haish... Oops. Wait. Aish! What am I thinking? I am still young to get married, but I should have a mindset of what I want in the future. If fate will let me to have a happy life in the future, then that is a relief, otherwise, I will end up being an unmarried old man who lives alone like a sad island. Nah! Of course, I do not want that! Fate, spare me some pity, okay?"

"Oh, hold on. What is happening to him? Is he sick or what?" Noticing the sudden change on her boss' face, Taeyeon asked him, "Woohyun-ssi, are you alright?"

Snapped out from pessimistic thoughts, he stuttered while nodding his head, "Nae, nae. I am alright."

"Oh, okay."

"Noraebang.." Sungjong tapped his chin while gathering some thoughts lingering inside his mind. "Wait. Isn't that a great idea? It has been a while since I went to a Noraebang. Besides, appa has a good point. I think it is much enjoyable to spend some time at a Noraebang this evening. It is quite sullen here inside our house, isn't it?"

"But, ah-dul—"

The young man turned his head to Woohyun who was silently listening to them, "What do you think about it, Woohyun-hyung?"

"Umm. Well, I think that is not a bad idea, but you should ask if it is okay to Aunt and Taeyeon-ssi."

"Eomma and Taeyeon-noona, is there any objection or violent reaction?" Sungjong asked the two women.

Taeyeon shrugged her shoulders and did not reply to his question while the old woman said in defeat, "Alright, alright. There isn't."

The youngest one said in victory as he smirked, "See?"

"Yahooo!!! Then, it's my treat!!" Ilbong happily said. "Maybe, I will sing Shim Soo Bong's song or Seo Taiji & Boys hit songs! It's like I am going back to the old times~ Yay! I am so excited to showcase my voice!"

Woohyun asked, "How about you, Taeyeon-ssi?"

"Nah. I do not want to." She just kept shut and shook her head in disapproval.

"Aiyo! Aiyo! Aiyo! You do not have a choice, but to go with us, Taeyeon-noona, okay?" Sungjong said.

"Alright. If you say so." The woman coldly answered back. "It is not like I have a choice, right?"

"Don't worry, Taengoo. I, your appa will be the one to treat you all!"

Woohyun shook his head and suggested to the old man, "Uh, no. Uncle Ilbong, I think it will be better if I will be the one to pay for everything. Everything will be my treat."

"Eh? No, Namu-ah. I know that you are a rich young man, but what you did for my daughter's birthday before were too much, so now is the time for me to do my part, okay? Don't worry about that."

"Uncle Ilbong, but—"

"No more buts, young man. Let us go now and have some fun, eo?"

"Yes, Uncle Ilbo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter