08: Game

Can U Smile?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Game

[Song of the Day: INFINITE - I Like You]

It was 10 o'clock in the morning. The staff members of the café were cleaning up some of the mess which was caused by the ruckus last night. The café was temporarily closed. It was messed up. There were broken glasses shattered on the floor at the second room. Some of the chairs and tables were badly broken because of the incident. Those bastard thieves had completely ruined some of the equipments which were very expensive. Sunggyu decided to help the staff members in fixing up the mess which left everything in the shop with a great devastation. They decided to renovate it for the next few days, so it will be closed for the mean time. He decided to contact his younger brother who was not picking up his phone since last night. Sunggyu needed to inform Woohyun about the current state of the café; nevertheless, he could not contact him since his brother was out of nowhere.

"Why is this man not picking up his phone?" Sunggyu hissed. He tried contacting his brother once again.

"Perhaps, he is busy doing something else," said Mr. Bong who stayed behind the counter. He was checking on the cash register which he supposed that the money inside it was almost stolen by the burglars last night.

The young man pant a frustrated sough. He said with an obvious irritation in his voice, "What in the world is my great brother, Nam Woohyun doing at times like this? Mr. Bong, I called him for umpteenth times last night to inform him what happened, but he did not even bother to answer any of those calls. I do not know what do now."

Yoseob, Kikwang, Baro, Taeyeon, and Junho went downstairs. They cleaned up the mess at the second floor. Assistant manager Bong and Sunggyu turned their gazes to them.

Junho asked, "Hey! Taeyeon-ssi, tell us what happened last night. Why aren't you bothering to tell us even a single detail?" He crossed his arms. His curiosity has been killing him since this early morning when he was informed by Mr. Bong of what happened via phone. Taeyeon did not utter a single word to answer his co-staff members' questions. Her co-workers have been constantly asking her about the incident. Perhaps, she was still drawn into the moment where she saw Sunggyu beating up those bad guys like an amazing hero.

"Sunggyu-ssi is really amazing," she thought dreamily. Taeyeon was deeply stuck in her daydream. She could not still get over with Sunggyu's amazing deed last night, enough to make her faint at that time.

Yoseob patted the young lady's shoulder. He snapped her out from her thoughts, "Hey! Are you still with us? Would you mind to tell us even the smallest detail about the last night's incident?"

Taeyeon looked at him."Ah that~ Mianhae. Okay, I will tell you what happened," uttered her who seemed to be hesitant with her words. She cleared . She was unsure whether she would tell them or not.

Mr. Bong and Sunggyu went towards the staff members.

Sunggyu spoke up, "There were three burglars who attempted to steal some of our equipments, and also an amount of money. Fortunately, the two of us did not give in to their threats though we were threatened by their guns. I was able to beat the hell out of them, and the story goes on."

Kikwang asked, "Beat? Oh yeah. That is the only thing that Taeyeon had told us a while ago, Sir." He shifted his gaze to Taeyeon who was oddly quiet.

"Wow! That is amazing! We wonder how you look like when you beat those thieves up! You are a hero, Sir," the other men, Junho and Yoseob said in amazement. Their mouths gaped with awe like idiots.

"Ah~ that." Sunggyu touched the back of his neck.

After a few minutes, Woohyun arrived at the café. It was already 10:15 in the morning. His eyes widen when he saw how messy the café was.

"Hyung, so it is true. Eomma was telling me the truth when she told me what happened," Woohyun expressed in disbelief. He could not believe how great the ruckus caused by the burglars last night was. He was startled by the sudden turn of events.

Sunggyu heaved a sigh."Yeah. I do not even know why you were not answering the phone when you were actually the first one I called after the incident. Nam Woohyun, you are really one of a kind," taunted Sunggyu whose face was a bit irritated, but still managed to pull off his stoic aura on his face.

Woohyun felt a pang of guilt inside his heart. He was so stupid. Last night, the only thing he did was to drown himself with alcohol to get over with his pathetic frustration. He only drank as much as he could at a Pojangmacha near his place. Indeed, he became selfish. What if hyung was badly injured by those thieves? What if his hyung was killed by those cruel bastards? Thankfully, he was safe. His hyung managed to beat those rascals up, and prevent any unfortunate event to happen. He had hated his hyung for so long, but not to the extent of abandoning him. He heaved a sigh. Woohyun was drowned in deep realization of his mistake.

"I am very sorry, Sunggyu-hyung." Woohyun bowed his head down, not even minding to think of how the other staff members looked at him with bafflement. His voice was full of sincerity. He did not want to utter a single word about what he did last night, but he wanted to show Sunggyu how sorry he was for being such an insensitive brother at difficult times.

Sunggyu nodded his head. "Arasseo, arasseo. Brace yourself up. Cut the drama off. I understand you, so you should not worry about it. Taeyeon-ssi and I are safe from those men's bad deeds."

Woohyun's eyes widen in surprise. "Who~ who were you with last night?"

"I was with Taeyeon-ssi," said Sunggyu who seemed to be startled with the way his brother spoke up.

"Taeyeon? As in Kim Taeyeon?" Woohyun asked as he turned his gaze towards Taeyeon who remained mum about the incident. She bowed her head, and started sweeping the floor with her mind in cloud nine.

Mr. Bong nodded his head. "Yes, Woohyun-ssi. He was with Taeyeon-ssi last night."

Woohyun asked in disbelief. "Mwo?" His eyes never left Taeyeon's calm face. He looked at the young woman who only cared about sweeping the floor, not giving a damn to what was happening around.

"What is it that you are shocked about?" Sunggyu asked.

Baro explained, "They are right, Sir Woohyun. Taeyeon-ssi was left here alone last night. After our shifts, I left the café because Taeyeon insisted that there was no need for me to send her home. We did not actually know that Sir Sunggyu arrived at the shop. We thought that the two of us were only the ones in here last night. Fortunately, he was here last night. It was Sir Sunggyu who saved her from last night's incident. Aish! I should not have left Taeyeon. She may be former stuntwoman, but it is not good to leave her alone during the night. I know that she can manage to beat those men up, but still it is not good to leave her like that. I know that incidents like robbery usually happen at night. I am sorry, Sir Sunggyu for being negligent, and also to you, Taeyeon-ssi. I promise to be more responsible next time." He bowed his head down. Taeyeon seemed to be out of the blue as she was staring blankly at the floor. She was not aware of what was happening during the moment.

Sunggyu said, "It is alright. At least, the two of us are safe."

"Thank you, Sir Sunggyu," said Baro who lifted his head up with a smile forming on his face.

Woohyun stood frozen. He remained staring at Taeyeon who did not bother to look at his surprise reaction, and seemed to have her thoughts out of nowhere. She kept on sweeping the floor seemed not to sense Woohyun's sharp gaze.

"I should have not left the café. What if she was injured because of the incident? What if those men hurt this woman with their brutal force? What if those men took advantage of her? Scenarios like and torture. Oh god!What if she was killed by them? No, no, no. I do not even give a single damn to this woman, but~ right. She is a woman after all. She must be protected from any danger. I am not a ruthless man to let her be in danger. Aish! Nam Woohyun, your hyung is right! You really are one of a kind, one of a kind bastard! I should have been the one to protect her from danger. And now, your hyung appears to be the hero who saved her! Oh my! Oh my! Wait! Wait! Hold on a second! Aigoo! What am I saying? I do not care about her, right? I only care about Sunggyu-hyung. She does not care about me, so I should not care about her too! Aish! Oh ! Babo! Babo Nam Woohyun! These useless thoughts," thought him whose eyes did not leave Taeyeon's face. Even if he did not want to feel worried about her, he could not help but to do so.

"Oh no! Nam Woohyun, you are not worried about her! Please don't!"

Woohyun felt frustrated. He felt bad about not being able to protect her from danger, but with the fact that Sunggyu was the one who protected her from peril, jealousy arose within his heart and mind. He could not figure out why he was feeling that way. He wanted to deny himself that he did not feel jealous, but he could not. But, why did he feel jealous? It was not like Taeyeon was someone he should give a damn to. It was not like Taeyeon was a likeable person. He hated her a lot, so he should not bother thinking about her. If he was in his hyung's shoes, he would have also done the same thing. Besides, if he was the one who appeared to be the hero last night, it would be a great thing to boast his mother and grandparents of how great he, Nam Woohyun was. Woohyun let out a big sigh. He continued to convince himself that the pang of jealousy inside his chest was only because his older brother, Sunggyu appeared to be the goody-goody man in everyone's eyes, and not because of a mere woman like Kim Taeyeon, a damsel in distress who was saved by his perfect hyung from the hands of those bastard thieves last night.

Woohyun hissed in thoughts, "You do not give a damn to this Kim Taeyeon. You are not jealous. Why would you feel jealous? It is not like you care about Sunggyu-hyung and this woman being with each other! Sunggyu-hyung only saved her because he needed to. You would have done the same if you were in his shoes. Stop thinking about useless s! Ah~ Jiral! Jiral! You do not care about her. Do not be a hopeless fool, Nam Woohyun. She is nothing. She is nothing special in your life, arasseo?"

Sunggyu snapped his fingers in front of Woohyun's face."Yah! What is happening to you? You seem to look at her like you want to kill her. Stop staring at her like that. She would melt if you would not stop staring her like a fool."

Woohyun shook his head. He was snapped out from his thoughts. He gave his hyung a deadly glare. "Whatever."

Mr. Bong and the other four men felt the awkwardness of the mood. Yoseob decided to break the ice, and said, "Oh by the way, you are really a hero, Sir Sunggyu. How did you beat those men within just a blink of an eye?"

Sunggyu chuckled. He expressed, "Ah~ that~ I think that is too much. I do not think it happened within just a blink of an eye. Haha~ It has not actually sunk into my mind yet that it happened. Umm~ But, I am glad everything turned out well. Taeyeon was safe from danger, as well as the shop."

Junho smiled. "Wow! I hope I will be as great as you, Sir Sunggyu. Taeyeon-ssi was lucky to be protected by you last night. If I were a woman, I will definitely fall for a perfect man like you," the former joked in amazement.

Sunggyu chuckled, but managed to hold up his laughter. His staff members surely knew how to brighten up the mood amidst difficulties. He unconsciously smiled.

Kikwang nudged Junho's elbow. He mumbled, "Yah! Stop talking nonsense. Sir Sunggyu might think you are a gay or something."

Junho pouted childishly. "Hey! I am not a gay! I was just complimenting Sir Sunggyu!"

"You silly kids," said Mr. Bong who laughed because of their childish antics. All of them laughed, except for Woohyun and Taeyeon who were out of their consciousness of the surrounding.

Baro went towards Taeyeon, and patted her left shoulder. "Taeyeon-ssi, kwaechanha? Is there something that bothers you?"

Taeyeon was snapped out of her thoughts. She halted in sweeping the floor. "Oh~ Mianhae, Baro-ssi. I am alright. What can I do for you?"

He shook his head. He put his left hand on her forehead. "No, there is nothing that I want you to do. I just want to know if you are alright. It seems that you are somehow fine. Umm~ You are not sick or something. I am relieved to know that."

She smiled. Taeyeon said, "Thank you for your concern, Baro-ssi."

"You are always welcome, Taeyeon-ssi." Baro smiled back at the young woman.

Woohyun looked at the two of them from where he was standing. He clinched his fist unconsciously. The lad could see Baro and Taeyeon who were smiling at each other. He felt a pang of bitterness inside his chest. He grinned bitterly.

Mr. Bong said to himself, "So, I see it coming, huh." Woohyun's bitter expression was vivid in Mr. Bong's peripheral vision. A smirk was formed on the old man's face. The way Woohyun reacted a while ago when Baro told them that Sunggyu was with Taeyeon last night, when Taeyeon smiled at Baro brightly, and also to mention that Woohyun started being a responsible man all of all sudden, everything became clear to Mr. Bong. These only proved 'something'. He knew the reason why. "It must be something." He chuckled silently in amusement when he realized what these things meant. Woohyun sat down on a chair beside him, but his eyes never left Taeyeon.

He thought, "She is really amazing. Changing two men at the same time is quite hard. Oh my! This will be very interesting. I am looking forward what will happen next. Kids these days are quite interesting." Mr. Bong turned his gaze to Taeyeon who was sweeping the floor, then afterwards, to Woohyun who was staring at her emptily.

Sunggyu patted the old man's shoulder. "Are you alright, Mr. Bong?" He shifted his eyes towards the direction where Mr. Bong was looking at.

Mr. Bong looked at Sunggyu's confused face. He patted his left shoulder. "Sunggyu-nim, I am fine. You better start aiming for what you want before it gets too late." He smiled. Sunggyu was startled with his vague statement. The young man looked at his eyes with puzzlement. Mr. Bong took a glance of Taeyeon once again.

Sunggyu asked in confusion, "What I want? Wait~" Before he could finish his words, Mr. Bong stormed inside the kitchen. He was left in a stupefied state with confusion flowing into his mind.

He let out a big sigh. "Seriously, what does he mean by that?" Sunggyu took a glance of Taeyeon who was sweeping the floor, and soon looked away. "Is she alright? She seems to be out of this world today." He went towards his office.

"Director Kim, Good Morning! You need to attend an international conference at Japan. It will be held two days from now. I have already booked a ticket for you, Sunggyu-nim."

Sunggyu was talking on the phone with someone. It was Kwang Soo, his secretary. He has been working for him for the past six years. Sunggyu has trusted Kwang Soo a lot since the moment he started working as a director of the Nam Corporation. He has grown quite close to him since he acted like a brother, and at the same time his great work buddy in the Nam Corporation for the past six years.

He asked, “Two days from now?”

“Yes, Sunggyu-nim. I apologize for not informing earlier. They announced few weeks ago that it will be postponed, but soon changed their mind. The venue which was originally set at Jeonju was changed. They decided the venue to be at Yokohama instead. Choesonghamnida, Sunggyu-nim,” the man on the other line said with an apologetic tone of speaking.

Sunggyu said, “It is alright. You do not need to apologize. Just prepare the documents I need, eo? I will be heading to the airport later.”

Kwang Soo said on the other line, “Thank you, Sunggyu-nim. Yes, I will.”

“Alright, I will hang up now. Thank you for informing me, Kwang Soo-sii,” said Sunggyu on the other line of the phone. After hanging up the phone, he placed it inside his pocket.

Mr. Bong appeared out of nowhere. "So, you are leaving today, Sunggyu-nim?"

Sunggyu nodded his head. "Yes, Mr. Bong. I need to go to Japan tonight. I have to attend an international conference. I was the one chosen to represent our company."

The old man smiled. "Arasseo. You better go now."

He said, "Yes, Mr. Bong. I am sorry if I will be leaving today. I really wanted to help all of you in fixing up the mess in this café, but I need to go now."

Mr. Bong patted his shoulder. "It is alright, Sunggyu-nim. I will be the one to fix the mess up, and besides, the other café staff members will help me. Stop worrying, eo?"

Sunggyu smiled. He bowed his head down. "Alright. Thank you, Mr. Bong." He took a some steps towards the door of his office, but he halted for a second. "Wait~ Mr. Bong, what did you mean with what you have said a while ago?" He asked with an obvious confusion drawn on his face. His mind was still being bothered by the old man's statement.

Mr. Bong crossed his arms. "Ah~ that~ Do not mind it. Just focus in you work now. You may not figure it out today, but soon you will. The only one who could answer it is you. Aish~ Just keep going now, eo?"

Sunggyu was startled by his last words, "You may not figure it out today, but soon you will. The only one who could answer it is you."

He shook his head in disbelief. "I sometimes do not understand, Mr. Bong. His words often seem to be very mysterious in nature, huh."

"Okay. Be a good boy, Woohyun. Do not create another mess, eo?" Sunggyu reminded as he fixed his collar.

Woohyun just rolled his eyes in disgust. He nodded his head. "Mess? Yeah. Whatever you say. I am not a child anymore," said him who did not bother to look at Sunggyu who constantly reminded him of the same thing.

The older ones heaved a sigh. "Okay, I am expecting it, eo? I know you are an obedient type of person. I am expecting that the mess in here will be fixed by the time I arrive next week. Hayy~ I really wanted to help out in renovating the café, but I need to attend a conference at Japan for the next few days."

Woohyun's scrunched face softened up a bit. "Wait! I heard from Halmeoni that you are going to attend a conference which will be held at Jeonju, so the plan has changed now?"

Sunggyu nodded his head. "Yes, Woohyun-ah. I need to stay at Japan for few days or maybe a week. I am expecting you to act nicely towards the café staff members. Do not be rude towards them, arasseo?"

Instead of being pissed towards his older brother, he glinted a bright grin on his face. He nodded his head in approval. "I got it, Sunggyu-hyung. Take care! Bye!" His voice sounded happy. Deep inside him, he felt happy that he would not be seeing his hyung for a week. At last, he could ditch off the Sunggyu who has been overshadowing him every day of his life. He felt extremely happy to the extent that his soul will jump out from his body. His week will be a very interesting one since Sunggyu will be out of the picture.

Sunggyu intuited a peculiar aura in his brother. He shook his head. "Do not ever think of doing something bad. Anyways, I will ask someone to check on you while I am not around. You will not be able to do odd things. Start helping them in renovating the café. You will not act as a 'boss' for the mean time, instead, you will be one of the staff members. You will not be exempted in sweeping the floor, carrying sacks of coffee, painting the walls and even decorating the interior of the café, eo?"

Woohyun's eyes widen in surprise. He never expected those words from his hyung. He never expected to be worn out for the whole week. Woohyun thought that he would be enjoying the whole week bossing around the café, especially annoying Taeyeon who seemed not to notice him recently. He expected that he would spend the whole week without minding any problem, including his brother, Sunggyu who has constantly annoying him with his damn presence. He pouted in defeat. Sunggyu surely knew how to piss him off. Woohyun rolled his eyes. He could never escape from his perfect brother. Woohyun heaved a sigh.

Sunggyu noticed Woohyun's sudden changed of aura. He surely knew his brother a lot. Sunggyu knew that Woohyun would plan something 'odd' once he left Korea. He chuckled a bit. "So, I get it. He is trying to plan something behind my back. Poor you, Woohyun-ah. You can never escape from me."

"Alright. Just go now. It will be better if you will no longer return," hissed Woohyun who felt disgusted. He surely could no longer contain the annoyance he had inside him. "Never return, you rascal!"

Sunggyu patted his shoulder. "Well, let me think about it, eo? Even if I will not return, I will make sure that I keep haunting you even in your dreams, but I love you so much to that extent that I will never leave you," he joked in a witty manner. Woohyun felt more exasperated with his words. "Love huh? Rascal!" The younger ones scoffed. The staff members, except for Taeyeon who remained oddly quiet laughed because of Sunggyu's witty statement, but tried to contain their laughter when Woohyun gave them a conspicuous stare. All of them kept quiet.

Woohyun hissed, "Whatever! Just leave." He crossed his arms. If a stare could make someone disappear, then Sunggyu would have disappeared earlier. His stare was like he wanted to eat Sunggyu alive. He gave his older brother a deadly gaze.

"Alright, stop giving me that evil stare of yours," Sunggyu said.

Woohyun forced to calm himself from bursting his annoyance. He said boastfully, "I get it. I will do what you are asking me to do. If you want, I can send you videos or pictures which will prove that I do my work here, not as a lazy boss, but as a diligent staff of the café for the mean time."

Sunggyu nodded his head. "That is great. Then, I will no longer need to put CCTVs here just to monitor every move that you make. I am looking forward to what you have said, okay?" He flashed a bright smile on his face.

"Nae, nae, nae. Just leave now," Woohyun said as he tried to shoo his brother away from his sight.

Sunggyu went towards Taeyeon who was silently standing behind the counter. Her mind was still out of the blue. She was startled when she saw Sunggyu walking towards the counter where she was standing. Taeyeon bowed her head.

She mumbled, "Have a safe trip, Sir Sunggyu." Sunggyu smiled at her brightly. He patted her head gently.

"Thanks, Taeyeon-ssi. I hope you will do well here for the whole week. Do not overwork yourself, eo?" His voice sounded too affectionate. Sunggyu's words gave a soothing chill in her spine. Her face turned red, but she did not lift her head up to hide the redness of her face to Sunggyu.

She nodded her head. "Yes, I will. Thank you, Sunggyu-seonsaengnim," she uttered with shyness.

Sunggyu's brows furrowed with wonder. He quipped, "I told you not to call me 'seonsaengnim', right? Do you want me to do my threat to you last night?"

She was startled by his statement, but just shook her head. "No, I am sorry. Sorry, Sunggyu-ssi."

Sunggyu was puzzled by her odd silence. Since this morning, she has been unusually silent. He patted her shoulder.

He expressed, "Hey! What is with you? You are silent since this morning. Is there something that bothers you? You are not even looking at me while I am talking. You seem to be out of nowhere. Are you alright?"

She lifted her head, and looked at him. Taeyeon shook her head. "No, I am sorry. Sorry, Sunggyu-ssi. I am alright." Her voice sounded dull. She seemed not to be in the mood today because of being too much drawn into her thoughts.

Sunggyu pouted childishly. "Oh, are you saying the truth? It seems that you are bothered, aren't you? Tell me, Taeyeon-ssi. I will only leave once you tell me the truth, okay?" He poked her forehead slightly. She stared at Sunggyu who was too adorable poking her head with such affection.

Unknowingly, Woohyun was staring at the two of them bitterly. He clenched his fist angrily. He felt bitter while he was looking at his hyung who seemed to be gentle towards Taeyeon. He bit his lower lip hardly. Perhaps, he felt jealous once again. Taeyeon never looked at him like that. She would always look at him weirdly or stoically. He sighed, realizing that Taeyeon treated him like that because he was never nice to her at the first place. It was his fault for not being kind towards her since the day they first met. But then again, who the hell cares if that mere damsel likes Sunggyu? He desperately convinced himself that Taeyeon was just a mere human who he would never give a damn to. But, who the hell was he kidding? He lost to himself. He was not able to fool himself that he did not care about it. Realizing this fact, he felt more upset. He complained deep in his thoughts, "Such a harsh life! Why do I feel this way?"

Taeyeon was quite surprised by his action. She looked at his right index finger which was pointed to her forehead. "Eommaya! Dowajwo! I am dying!" Her face tinted a bright red blush. It was redder than a while ago. Sunggyu touched her left cheek. She could feel the warmth of his gentle hand.

"Are you sure that you are not sick or something? Your face is really red," asked Sunggyu who was perplexed by her reaction. Once again, she shook her head. Sunggyu put his hand down.

"I am alright, Sunggyu-ssi. Please take care of yourself while you are in your trip." Taeyeon answered as she tried to maintain her composure in front of Sunggyu. She did not want to embarrass herself in front of him. She bowed her head down.

Sunggyu gave her a bright smile. "Arasseo, Taeyeon-ssi. I hope that no one will bully you once I leave." He turned his gaze to Woohyun who was staring at them emptily. He was obviously looking at Woohyun who he knew for sure would bully her while he was out in Japan.

Woohyun did not utter a single word. He just shrugged his older brother's words off. When he noticed that Sunggyu turned his gaze towards him, he averted from his brother's gaze. He did not want to show how frustrated he was. He did not want to make it obvious that he felt bitter while looking at the two of them being gentle with each other.

"Okay, I will leave now. Goodbye, everyone." Sunggyu said.

While Baro and Kikwang were out to order new set of furniture for the café, Junho and Yoseob went to the nearest hardware store to buy new glass materials which they will use to replace the broken glass windows at the second floor. The only ones left at the café were Taeyeon, Woohyun and Mr. Bong. Woohyun was busy taking 'selcas' of himself, and kept on updating his Twitter and Cyworld account with his ty status about his dramatic rants and frustration about his life while Taeyeon was wiping some plates and utensils. On the other hand, Mr. Bong was inside the stockroom to check the supplies of the café.

The two who were behind the counter did not even utter a single word to each other. The atmosphere was very strange. They treated themselves as if they were invisible. Woohyun treated her like she was not there, and Taeyeon also did the same thing. She treated Woohyun as if he was not there near her. Woohyun noticed the awkwardness of the atmosphere, so he kept on updating his status as if he was okay with the uncomfortable atmosphere between them. It was already 9 o' clock in the evening.

He updated his Cyworld minihompy with the words expressing what he actually felt.

"우리 삶에는, 한 가지 행복 밖에 없어... 다른 사람을 사랑해주는 것과 다른 사람의 사랑을 받는 것이야." (*Trans: "There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved.")

Woohyun actually hesitated first before posting it, but decided to do so afterwards. He kept his phone inside his pocket. Woohyun took a deep breath. He looked at Taeyeon who busied herself wiping the utensils and plates without minding him who was sitting on a chair across her.

He needed to get over his frustration. He could no longer contain the awkwardness between them. Woohyun broke the silence and said, "Ya! Kim Taeyeon, do the work faster! Make sure that no plates will be broken because of your clumsiness!" Woohyun pretended to be angry as he blabbered nonsensical s just for her to notice his existence. He no longer wanted to be treated as an invisible human. He wanted her to notice his existence desperately.

Taeyeon gave her a stoic stare. She just nodded her head, and continued wiping the utensils and plates. Woohyun was pissed off by her cold reaction. He poked her forehead which made her put down the plate which she was wiping with a white cloth.

She looked at him coldly. Taeyeon did not feel pissed about it since she was not in the mood to deal with this bastard who only wanted to seek for attention, just like a retard. Retarded bastard, to be exact. "What is it that you want, Sir Woohyun?"

Woohyun was frozen after hearing her words. He could sense the coldness in her tone, so he put down his finger with embarrassment. "I am sorry. Nothing. I want nothing," stuttered Woohyun who seemed to be upset with the way she spoke up.

She sighed. Taeyeon put down the plates and placed it in the counter. She took few steps towards the kitchen, but Woohyun held her arm.

She looked at him stoically. "Sir, what do you need?" Taeyeon was startled by his action.

Woohyun was at a loss for words. He needed to speak, so that Taeyeon would not think of him weirdly. He spoke up, "Umm~ I just want to know what I should do to~ ~ to help in renovating the café." His voice sounded shaky. Taeyeon did not mind to give a single damn to him.

"Mr. Bong knows it all. It will be better if you will ask him, Sir Woohyun." She tried to speak formally as she could. She felt weird with the way Woohyun stammered with his words. "Does he want to say something? He should say it straightforwardly. Aigoo!" Taeyeon was certain that Woohyun wanted to say something, but he could not.

Woohyun said, "Ah~ Arasseo. Thank you, Taeyeon. Okay, I will ask Mr. Bong later." He forced a fake smile on his face. He felt odd with the way Taeyeon spoke to him very formally. It was like she was treating him as if he was invisible. "Does she hate me that much? Why does she seem to treat me as if I am invisible? So harsh!"

He looked deeply in her eyes. It was as if his eyes were pleading her to talk to him even once. Taeyeon looked back at him with a weird feeling. She did not want the aura that his eyes were telling her. His eyes were glued in her confused eyes. They remained like that for a few minutes. "Nam Woohyun, seriously. Why are you being like this? What do you want?" she thought.

Woohyun said in his thoughts, "Kim Taeyeon, I really cannot figure out why you keep on bothering my mind. I need to get over you. I want to get over with this feeling. Eotteokhae?"

Mr. Bong went out of the stockroom. He saw Woohyun whose right arm was holding Taeyeon's left arm. He noticed the weird atmosphere betwe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter