09: Getting To Know You

Can U Smile?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Getting to Know You

[Song of the Day: Zia - Will You Smile For Me?]

As Taeyeon took steps inside the room, she was stunned by everything that welcomed her eyes. The walls were covered with cobalt blue wallpapers. The bedsheets and pillows matched with each other with their blue and white colors respectively. There was a blue lamp beside the bed which was over a white dresser. The room was spacious, yet everything was organized. The room was beautiful, and it gave her a calm feeling. She took a seat on the chair beside the big mirror which stood erect at the left side of the room. She was a bit fazed when she realized the fact that she will sleep at someone's house. Yes, at someone's house. To be precise, that someone is her narcissistic boss, Nam Woohyun.

"I wonder why he acts kind towards me. Oh maybe, he feels guilty about what happened earlier. Sir Woohyun confuses me. He was rude during the morning, but now he is being kind. If this is because of guilt, I will understand, but if not, I am clueless to think of any other reason why he is being like this. I do not dislike it, yet it gives me a peculiar feeling. Well, Sir Woohyun is really an unpredictable one." Taeyeon's eyes wandered around the room. She was dazed with the soothing vibe of the room. Suddenly, she heard a continuous low beep sound from the wireless telephone which was placed beside the lamp over the bedside dresser. "Oh someone is calling in the middle of the night?" She stood up, and went towards the bedside. Taeyeon held the phone with her left hand, and answered the incoming call.

"Yobosaeyo? Good evening," Taeyeon spoke up with her soft voice.

"Milady, this is Woohyun. Are you alright there? Is there something that you need?" The caller was Woohyun. Taeyeon recognized the voice easily. She looked around. Taeyeon was a bit startled why the hell Woohyun would call her knowing the fact that he was just inside his room which was adjacent to the room that she was staying at. Woohyun could have just approached her inside the room rather than wasting a second calling her as if they were 'miles' apart from each other. She shook her head in disbelief. "He is weird."

"Good evening, Sir Woohyun. No, I am okay here. Umm. It is getting late, Sir. You should have not bothered to check on me since your room is near from this guest room. Do not worry about me. Take a rest now, Sir."

He answered back, "Jinjja? Arasseo. Feel at home, eo? You should also take a rest now since you are in a feeble state, Milady. By the way, you have forgotten that I told you not to call me Sir even just for tonight. Nevermind. Good night, Milady." Taeyeon sensed how Woohyun sounded concern on the other line.

She felt moved, hearing the affectionate and thoughtful voice of Woohyun. One thing was she was certain of, Woohyun's concern for her was sincere.

She nodded her head. Taeyeon answered back, "Thank you, Woohyun-ssi. Good night." She hang up the phone, and placed it back to its dock. After a few minutes, she fixed the mattress of the bed, and laid her body on the bed to take a rest. Taeyeon closed her eyes. When she realized that she had forgotten to close the door, she opened her eyes. She saw a figure of a man who stood outside the door of the guest room. Taeyeon sat on the bed, and reclined her head on the pillows.

"Sir Woohyun?" She mumbled with an obvious confusion.

He went inside the room, and sat on the bed beside Taeyeon. Woohyun spoke up, "Hey! Why did you forget to lock the door of this room? What if someone tries to kill you while you are asleep? What if someone tries to ~~"

Taeyeon was flabbergasted by his words, so she shut his exaggerating s off, "Sir, the two of us the only ones here inside your house. In other words, the only person who is with me right now is you. No one will hurt or try to take advantage of me. Those things are impossible to happen, unless you~~ Ah, no. Nevermind."

Woohyun was ashamed of himself after hearing those words. Probably, he offended her with his overstatement. Well, his words were only out of concern, but too bad that his exaggeration backlashed on him, and knocked his senses off. Taeyeon was right. They were the only ones inside the house, so no one could ever do horrible things against her. In fact, his house was no ordinary. The house was protected with highly-functional security gadgets which lessen the possibility of any peril to arise. No person could easily break into the premises of the house. The only person with her was him. It was ironic that the only person who could only have the chance to do such things was him. But, that will be very impossible. He swore to himself that he will never do odd things to her, and not lay even a finger on her. To begin with, he did not have the reason to do such things. He told himself, "Unless what? By any chance, does she mean~~? Aigoo! Why in the world will I do that? Of course, I am not a brainless psycho who attacks defenseless people. That is far from possible! Silly! I must have been too hyperbolic with my statements which flustered her. Michigetda!"

He his bottom lip. Woohyun said, "Aniya! Of course, I will not do that. I am sorry for exaggerating. I can assure you that I will not harm you in any way. Remember, I am your knight, Milady." His statement oozed his infamous greasiness which made Taeyeon feel uncomfortable.

She nodded her head. "Uh that~ I know that you are not that kind of person, Sir Woohyun. It is getting late, so it will be better for you to grab some rest."

"Uh wait~ I do not want to sleep yet. Uhh~ Can you tell me about yourself?"

"Myself? Oh that~" Taeyeon was hesitant of what to say. He noticed her unwillingness to tell something about herself. "Maybe, she is uncomfortable with me. Aish! What the hell am I asking? Of course, it is not like we are close or something. Perhaps, she does not want to open up to me just a bit." He scratched the back of his head.

She uttered, "Ah~ that~ Umm~ What should I say, Sir?"

With a slightly disappointed look on his face, Woohyun stood up from the bed. "Mianhae. It is just okay if you do not want to. I will go now. You better take a rest."

Taeyeon shook her head. She noticed the disappointment throughout his face, so she held his hand to stop him from walking back. "Please stay."

Woohyun was astonished by her action. He shifted his gaze from the woman's face to their lock hands which gave him goose bumps throughout his body. He cleared his throat. "Eomeo! Is this for real? Did Taeyeon just hold my hand? Oh gosh! Oh gosh! Woohyun, please do not wake up from this dream! "

"Oh~ sorry." She released his hand from her grip. Taeyeon flushed in embarrassment. She bowed her head.

He sat down on the bed. Woohyun beamed a genial smile on his face, and started patting her head. "You are so cute. I did not know Milady looks so adorable when her face is turning red."

Taeyeon felt more embarrassed. She tried to cover her face when she realized that Woohyun saw how red her face was.

"Red? Omona! I am sorry, Sir Woohyun. I am very sorry."

Woohyun chuckled in amusement. "So, tell me about yourself, eo? Umm~ Where do you live? Where is your hometown? Do you have a house in your hometown? Do you have any sibling? Are you the eldest or youngest one?" He seemed to interrogate her like she was being interviewed for a job application. Indeed, Woohyun was really curious to get to know her.

"Uhh~ I am currently residing at a place here at Myeongdong with my family. We actually originated from Jeonju. I have a sibling, and I am four years older than him."

"Oh is that so? Your family is from Jeonju?" Woohyun asked in slight dismay.

She asked, "Yes, Sir Woohyun. Why? Is there a problem with that?" Taeyeon noticed the sudden change of his aura.

"Umm. Nothing really. It is just that both you and Sunggyu originated from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter