04: The Missing Color of the Café

Can U Smile?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Missing Color of The Café

[Song of the Day: INFINITE - Amazing]

It was a breezy morning during that time. Everyone was busy doing their usual tasks in the café. Two men who happened to pass by entered the glassy door of the Hope Café. 

A man whose hair covered a part of his face smiled as he turned his gaze to the other man whose face seemed to be filled with boredom, "It is your treat, okay?"

He blurted as he pushed the other man slightly, "Arasseo, arasseo."

A staff member went towards them. "Annyeong haseyo, Gentlemen. Welcome to Hope Café!" Yoseob greeted happily.

One of the male customers mumbled as his eyes wandered around the café, "This café is still boring as ever. Why did you bring me here in the first place?" 

The other man hissed, "Aigoo! Complaint again!"

 

Some of the staff members were busy inside the kitchen of the café, while some were sweeping the floor and fixing the chairs and tables. 

The young lady who stood behind the counter saw the two men who entered the café. She said, "I will take their order.." 

Junho, a staff member said, "Okay."

 

Sunggyu, together with Mr. Bong, the assistant manager of the café was inside his office. Woohyun was also there. He was busy playing his cellphone, and afterwards took a few selcas of himself using his phone's front camera. 

"I am really handsome," Woohyun sheepishly mumbled to himself.

Sunggyu who was sitting across Mr. Bong spoke up, "How is she?" 

"I have not seen her performance that much, but I guess she is hardworking," Mr. Bong replied.

Woohyun went towards them. He took a seat beside his older brother. His face puckered up with mockery. 

The lad jeered, "Aigoo! That Kim girl will just be impressing us from the start, but will fail afterwards."

"Should you be telling that to yourself?" Sunggyu sneered.

The younger one rolled his eyes. He uttered to himself, "Jinjja? So unbelievable of him! Jiral~"

 

The young lady stood in front of the male customers, and approached them for their orders. She brought out a memo pad and a pen to list down their orders.

"It is so boring and~~" The guy was cut off  with his words when he saw the beautiful woman who stood in front of their table. His male companion was also dazed by the woman's captivating face.

She bowed down her head. "Annyeong haseyo, Gentlemen! You are the first two customers for this day, so I think you do not need to order in the cashier. May I ask your orders now?"

The two men were left dazed as their gazes did not leave her alluring smile. One of the men stammered, "Ah-Uh~.Are you new here?"

She smiled, "Yes, Sir. I actually am. Today is just the start of my work."

The other male customer said, "Oh~ That is why you look unfamiliar."

"Gentlemen, may I have your orders now?" The young lady asked.

"I have never seen a beautiful woman like her in my life," The guy whispered to his companion.

The latter hissed, "I know, but you said it is boring here and~"

The guy smiled sheepishly. "I am taking it back, " he said.

The young lady snapped them out, "Sir?"

He answered, "Umm~ One americano and one Latte macchiato,and two caramel cakes, please."

She reiterated his words as she listed down their orders in the memo pad, "One Americano,one latte macchiato and two caramel cakes. Right, Sir?"

One of the male customers uttered, "Oh~ Wait. One more thing.".

She asked, "Ne?"

The male customer asked, "May I know your name?" 

She became a bit flustered by the man's question, but was able to cope easily.

The young lady said, "My name? My name is Kim Taeyeon."

The man complimented, "What a beautiful name! It is as pretty as your face."

"Ah-ah~ Gomapseumnida," The young lady bowed. "I will be taking your orders now. Just wait for a while, Gentlemen." 

"She seems to be popular with guys," Kikwang, the staff member who was sweeping the floor muttered to himself.

The young lady went out of the kitchen. She was holding a maroon tray with the male customers' orders on it.

She placed the tray on the table, and served their foods. She said, "Here are your orders, Gentlemen."

One of the male customers beamed with a smile, "Thank you very much. Can we just call you Taeyeon-ssi?"

She answered, "Ah~Sure, Sir."

"I am Yunho by the way." The man introduced himself.

The other one said, "I am Kyujong."

The young lady bowed her head, "It's nice to meet your Sir Yunho and Sir Kyujong."

"Just call us by our names. Ditch the 'Sir' and 'Gentlemen' off," Yunho, one of the male customers said.

She uttered, "But, Sir~"

Kyujong insisted, "No more buts."

"Nae. I will go ahead now. Enjoy your meal, Gentlemen." She bowed her head down. She went back to the kitchen.

 

Kikwang who had just finished sweeping the floor immediately approached Taeyeon behind who went inside the kitchen. He smiled.

Kikwang joked, "Taeyeon-ssi, you seem to be an asset to the male customers, huh!"

Taeyeon shifted her gaze from the memo pad she was holding to Kikwang who approached her from behind, "Anio~ What are you saying?"  Her voice sounded too shy after hearing the word "asset".

He mumbled, "That is true. I see and I feel it." Kikwang once again smiled as he left the kitchen.

"Asset?" She asked to herself.

 

The two men stood up from their seats. Taeyeon went towards them and bowed down.

She said, "Thank you for coming, Gentlemen."

Yunho smiled, "We will surely have a reason to go back here next time."

Once again, Taeyeon bowed down, "Ah~ Hehe~ Come back again, Gentlemen. Annyeong!"

Kikwang who was cleaning the windows mumbled to himself, "I bet more male customers will come."

 

By the afternoon, a number of customers started to flock inside the cafe. It was because of Taeyeon who seemed to attract many customers to drop by the café. It was just her first day at work, yet she had already attracted many customers. It was an unusual scenario that many people, especially a number of men would drop by the café, having their unusual yet excited vibe drawn in their faces. The everyday scenario inside the café would always be very boring and stiff, but the moment Taeyeon started working in the café, everything has changed unexpectedly.

A customer said, "One Americano and~~"

Junho who was in charge on the cashier asked, "Any additional order, Sir?"

The customer asked, "Is the new woman staff here?"

Junho said, "Ah~ Taeyeon-ssi? Yes, she is new."

"She is pretty," the customer expressed as he smiled.

"Sir, is there anything else you would like to order," Junho asked.

He replied, "Ah~Uh~Chocolate cake."

Junho said as he typed the man's in the electronic cashier, "So~ One americano coffee and one chocolate cake."

The man requested, "Can she serve the foods to me?"

Junho shifted his gaze to Taeyeon who was serving the other customers with their orders. He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter