25: Troubled Night

Can U Smile?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

C h a p t e r XXV

 

[Super Junior-M - Super Girl]

[11/02/2014] Annyeong haseyo! As promised, there is a follow-up update. Well, the main author and I are having oppositions if we will update a chapter with GyuTae or WooTae as its focus. Wahh~~ It's really hard to choose between them.. Seriously~ 

Like before, I'll be promoting 2 other fanfics:  http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/702060/aftertime-angst-romance-sunggyu-taeyeon-infinitexsnsd-taegyu-gyutae and the ff for WOOTAE fans! Its title is disGUYsed (Shh, I Love You). Here is the link: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/798363/disguysed-shh-i-love-you-genderbender-infinite-romance-snsd-taeyeon-woohyun-wootae. I hope you will support it because I will be updating it SOON.

GyuTae is still ahead with numerous votes over WooTae in both (old & new) polls. Keep on voting, okay? Hwaiting! :) 

OLD POLL:

http://www.asianfanfics.com/poll/vote/78878

NEW POLL:

http://www.asianfanfics.com/poll/vote/89979

BTW! I WILL JUST EDIT THE TYPO ERRORS NEXT TIME, okay?

~ Kamsahamnida! ~

   

“Sir Woohyun, are you really sure that you want us to walk and not to take a cab?” Taeyeon asked and the man just gave him a weak nod.

Few minutes ago, Gongjoo and Sungjong took a cab because the drunken old man, Ilbong was too heavy, and they will take ages going home if they choose to walk. On the other hand, Taeyeon along with her boss chose to walk towards the Lee Residence because it was the latter who suggested to do so. He insisted that he could still walk despite the effect of alcohol he consumed earlier. Nam Woohyun, in reality, has a good alcohol tolerance, but he looked obviously drunk because it could be seen how groggy as seen with the way he walked. It was as if he would fall on the ground any time which worried Taeyeon a lot.

While walking across the dark streets, Taeyeon noticed that Woohyun was about to bump on a metal pole made her shout in worry, “OH GOD, Sir Woohyun! THERE IS A POLE! AIGOO!” Thankfully, she was able to support his weight before he could completely bump on the metal pole in front of him.

The man who was surprised with her sudden outrage opened his eyes, and forced himself to regain his strength. He apologized weakly, “Sorry. Sorry. I was not able to see that.”

“It is okay. Be careful. Sir Woohyun, are you sure that you are alright? You do not look well, so I think it is better if we will take a cab now.”

“No, I can do this. I am a man. I am strong.” Woohyun removed her arms which were supporting his body. Forcefully opening his eyes which were about to close, he shook his head firmly, and started walking in a very fast pace. Her boss answered back, “No, I am alright. I am alright. I am alright. Let us walk quickly now because it is getting late.”

Catching up with her boss who was walking quickly, she awkwardly said, “Alright, Sir Woohyun. Oh, hold on. Wait for me.” She stopped walking since she was not able to chase after her boss who was in a drunken state. “Aigoo! What is his problem?”

 

“Aigoo! Appa was too heavy! Aish! He promised not to drink a lot, but look at him now. Aigoo! Aigoo!” Sungjong complained as he fixed his crumpled clothes.

It was already eleven o’clock in the evening. Taeyeon, Sungjong and Woohyun were sitting on the floor at the living room. The woman prepared Balhyocha for the two men who drank beer few hours ago, especially the older one who drank more than seven glasses—obviously, the reason why he looked so weak right at that moment.

“Where is Uncle Ilbong now?” Woohyun asked as he took a sip of the tea in his cup.

“He is now with Eomma. They are now resting inside their room.” The younger one answered back as he pointed the door which was not far away from the living room. “I apologize in Eomma’s behalf since she could no longer accommodate you right at this moment because he is taking care of our drunken Appa.”

The older man answered back as he smiled weakly, “No, it is okay. I understand.”

“By the way, you look so weak right now, Woohyun-hyung. Are you sure that you can still go home with that state?”

“Of course, I should. I should do despite this state.” Woohyun assured, “Of course, I can. Do not worry about me, Sungjong-dongsaeng.”

“Are you sure? I think Taeyeon-noona can assist you home. Don’t you think so?”

“I am really alright. Don’t you have classes tomorrow? I think it is better for you to sleep now since it is getting late.” The older one guaranteed without hesitation as he smiled.

"No, I do not think he is." Finally, Taeyeon decided to in the conversation since she could sense that her boss was not feeling well right at that moment, “Woohyun-ssi, are you sure of that? Well, Sungjong-dongsaeng is right. I can just assist you home.”

"No, you are a man. Nam Woohyun, be a man." He cleared his throat before he refused the woman's offer nicely, "Anio, Taeyeon-ssi. Just take a rest. I know you are tired, and you have work tomorrow, right?"

"Woohyun-ssi, I don't think that you are okay. It is dangerous for you to go home because you are drunk, and you did not bring your car with you. I am afraid something—something bad might happen to you." Taeyeon insisted.

"Ayieee! Noona is really concerned with him. Oww~ They really make a good match." Sungjong secretly smiled before asking the older man, "Noona made a good point. Or perhaps, do you want me to assist you instead? I do not mind it, hyung. Like what Taeyeon-noona said, it will be very dangerous for you to go home during this evening."

"I can really assure you that I will be alright. I will just take a bus or cab. Still and all, I am very grateful for your concern." Woohyun answered back and stood up. The man bowed his head and gratefully expressed, "Thank you again for tonight. I hope this won't be the last time."

The two siblings also stood up and bowed their heads as well. Sungjong smiled genuinely and spoke up, "You may visit us here any time you want. I hope you will do well in work. Also, please do not forget to take care of yourself. Hyung-nim, take care and be careful while going home. Annyeong!"

"Woohyun-ssi, take care. Annyeong." Taeyeon shyly said.

"Please also take care of yourselves. Take care too. Annyeong!" He answered back as he walked towards the door.

Seeing the man leave their house, Sungjong asked his sister, "Will he be alright?"

"I don't know. I hope he will be." The woman answered back as she let out a big sigh. "I hope Sir Woohyun will able to go home safely."

 

"Damn! Why do really feel like my head is spinning like a wheel? Aigoo! Aigoo! Since when did I feel weak after drinking alcohol?" Suddenly, he could feel the heaviness of his chest and he almost threw up everything inside his stomach. The man was walking in a zig-zag manner like an awful groggy zombie. "Wooh~ Wooh~ Wooh~ Damn! That was close."

"Nam Woohyun, you can do it. Just endure it. Dang! Why are there no cabs here?" He hissed as he tried to walk normally. "Will I die now? I hope I won't. Dang~ My head is really is spinning. Aigoo! Aigoo! Aigoo! I still have to go to work tomorrow. Nam Woohyun, you can do it! I am a man! I am man! I am strong man!"

The night filled the streets with darkness. It was already eleven forty-five in the evening. Nam Woohyun was literally hobbling across the streets since the forty-five minutes that has passed. Anyone who would see him will certainly be creeped out because they might think of him as a creepy drunk byuntae wandering around the streets, or more of a handsome drug addict whose mind is out of nowhere. He looked awful. Very awful. Thankfully, there was no one around since it was already very late in the evening during that moment.

"Molla ni maeum gateungeon molla. Molla nae maeum bakke nan molla~ Barae tto barae tto nan~" The groggy man sang loudly as he hobbled crazily. He laughed lamely after singing, and said, "I really am a fool. A fool out of love. Love? Hahaha~ Geotjimariya, geotjimariya. Love is a lie. Loving is a lie. Love is a lie. Does that even make sense?"

 

Oops, wrong! There were other people passing by across the streets. Woohyun did not mind it as he continued hobbling like crazy.

 

A group of men was walking across the street and they saw the man who was obviously drunk as seen with the way he walked. One of the four men whispered to his colleague and the latter soon nodded his head in affirmation.

The man who appeared to be the oldest one smirked and murmured afterwards, "Do it, Songdong-ah. That young man looks like a big fish. A big fish. Let us not dare to miss this chance. You go first, okay?"

"Yes, boss." The youngest, yet the tallest man amongst the four men named Songdong said. "Let us catch that big fish." Soon, the tall man named Songdong purposely walked towards the young drunk man.

 

Boog, boog.

 

Walking groggily with his eyes almost closing, his head bumped on a hard surface which made him wince in pain. Woohyun hissed in irritation, "Aigoo! Aigoo! My head! That hurts! What the—"

"WHAT THE?! YOU BASTARD, WHAT THE IS YOUR PROBLEM? ARE YOU BLIND OR WHAT?!" A tall man yelled in anger which flustered Woohyun from where he was standing. "YOU ING BASTARD, ANSWER ME!"

No answer. Woohyun did not speak up a single word from his mouth for a couple of minutes. Because of this, the man became more exasperated which led him to lift up the drunken man's collar and he spat out, "D*MN! APOLOGIZE TO ME! WHY AREN'T YOU ANSWERING ME? SPEAK UP, YOU D*MN RASCAL!" He slapped Woohyun's face hardly which startled the young man.

"Wae geurae?" The young man who was obviously not aware of what was going on asked calmly, "Ahjussi, what is the problem? Let us—let us resolve the conflict in a peaceful way."

"Peaceful way? Don't you know that PEACE does not ing exist in my vocabulary? And did you just say AHJUSSI?" The angry man scoffed inwardly before he hissed and slapped his face once again, "Are you kidding me you, ing rascal? I am just twenty-three years old, yet YOU DARE TO CALL ME AN AHJUSSI?"

"Ah—Ahjussi." Woohyun mumbled.

The three other men he was with a while ago suddenly appeared in front of the pitiful Nam Woohyun. They looked like goons with their appearances, also not to forget mentioning that these men were holding baseball bats. One man said, pushing the young man hardly, "This a**hole needs to be punished, so that he will learn how to respect the older ones. Am I right, Boss Ahjo?"

"Yeah, Songdong-maknae. Shinbong is right. This ing bastard even called you an Ahjussi! You need to punish him, so that he will learn COURTESY!" The oldest one who name was Ahjo yelled as he poked Woohyun's forehead hardly. "But I think, it will be nice if all of us will help in punishing this guy. Hakshin-ah and Joosong-ah, corner this bastard now!"

"Yes, Boss." The two men answered back as they started holding Woohyun's arms to prevent him from escaping.

Ahjo hit Woohyun's head hardly, and the young man winced in pain, and he protested, "Ya! Ya! Ahjussis, what are you going to do to me? Ya! Let go of me! I did not do anything wrong! Ya! I said LET GO OF ME! LET GO OF ME! LET GO OF ME! AHJUSSIS, LET GO OF ME! LET GO OF ME! WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO TO ME? YA!"

"SHUT UP, BASTARD! DO YOU WANT ME TO SLICE YOUR TONGUE, SO THAT YOU WILL SHUT UP?" Hakshin who was holding his left arm hissed in his ear.

"AHJUSSIS, I SAID LET GO OF ME! YA! LET GO OF ME! LET GO OF ME! LET GO OF ME! I STILL HAVE TO GO TO WORK TOMORROW! YA! MY APPA AND EOMMA ARE NOW LOOKING FOR ME! YA! YA! ONCE I ESCAPE FROM YOU, I WILL MAKE SURE THAT ALL OF YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS!"

"Crazy silly kid, just shut up! Eomma? Appa? You are crazy. Too bad that you are ALL SURROUNDED now." Ahjo sternly stated as he slapped Woohyun's face and hit his chest hardly, not only once, but thrice. "You know that kids these days must be punished with the HARSHEST punishment to tame them."

The men laughed crazily after hearing what their boss said, obviously mocking and scaring the pitiful young man. Though Woohyun felt weak, he tried not show cowardice in front of them. He struggled in freeing himself from the strong force of the men.

"Too bad that you are good-looking, but you are a drunkard and weakling bastard." Ahjo hit Woohyun's left knee hardly with the baseball bat he was holding. The young man winced in pain which made them laugh again. The ahjussi asked, "Painful? Isn't it?" He hit Woohyun's other knee and the latter winced in pain again.

"Painful? Hahaha~ Where is your Appa and Eomma now, baby? Eodi? Eodi? You are now in our hands. Sorry baby, you will no longer see them before the sun rises tomorrow. I am enjoying your pain. No, WE are enjoying your pain. Don't you know that?" Ahjo scoffed and soon commanded the youngest one, "Songdong-ah, PUNISH THIS MAN NOW!"

"Okay, boss. As you wished, I will teach this beautiful young man a lesson." Songdong calmly said. "Do you want us to ruin his face or stab his heart first?"

"Well, any of those two will do."

Woohyun's eyes widened when the man brought out a fan knife out of his pocket. He stuttered, "Aigoo! What is that? What are you going to do?"

"Can't you see? This is a fan knife. A knife that I will you to stab you until you struggle and beg us for forgiveness. Kid, isn't that nice and exciting?" Songdong evilishly answered back which made the other men laugh crazily like earlier. Seeing no reply from the young man, he asked, "Aigoo! Don't you feel thrilled or excited? But we do! Right, guys?"

"Yes, our maknae is right!" Hakshin answered back in a creepy manner, giving chills inside Woohyun's spine. "WE ARE VERY EXCITED!!"

"Do it now, Songdong-ah. Let us chop this big fish into small pieces!" Joosong enthusiastically exclaimed.

He yelled, "PREPARE TO DIE NOW, YOUNG RASCAL!!!!!!" Songdong smirked and aimed the knife on Woohyun's chest. The latter still tried to free himself from the arms of the strong men, but his effort was no use since he could feel the numbness of his body.

When Woohyun thought he was about to die, he shut his eyes tightly. He prayed mentally for someone to save him from the death that awaits him. Nam Woohyun felt numbed. He did not know what to do. Who would have thought that his life will just end up with the hands of these filthy men? If in case he will die right at that moment, he wish that his loved ones won't feel the same pain as what he was about to experience.

It is just too unfortunate that if he will die right at that moment, he, Nam Woohyun, will die as a coward and pitiful man. How awful does that sound? Very awful. He was born as a sore loser, and he will also die as a loser. Pathetic—definitely, he will end up as a pathetic man who will never ever have the chance to be happy in life. Yet still, he wished for a miracle. A miracle that will save him. Though it was just a wishful thinking, he has this desperation inside him to wish for an angel or a hero who will prevent the bad guy from the stabbing his chest with the knife he was holding.

He whispered to himself, "Goodbye. Goodbye, everyone."

 

Tic toc, tic toc, tic toc. It was like the time had stopped.

 

 

When Songdong was about to stab the pitiful young man, a strong arm stopped him from doing so. The moment Woohyun opened his eyes, he felt how his breathing stopped.

Everyone was shocked. Really shocked because of this person's appearance out of nowhere. And Nam Woohyun's wishful thinking became possible. Savior or angel, whoever that person is. It was indeed a miracle. The knife from Songdong's hold was snatched away from him.

 

 

Miracle, wasn't it? The moment Nam Woohyun opened his eyes, he was greatly terrified seeing that person—that certain person who he never expected to come.

 

 

"WHO IN THE HELL ARE—" Songdong yelled, but his words were halted as if something caught his tongue.

"Annyeong haseyo." The unexpected person lowly greeted before starting to beat all of the men, and monotonely stated, "What a beautiful night it is, isn't it? Ahjussis, prepare yourselves now."

Joosong asked, "Mwora—"

"Didn't you hear what I have said?"

"What did you—" Hakshin stuttered.

"Oh sorry, that isn't complete." The person said in a calm yet threatening voice. "Prepare yourselves now. Prepare yourselves to DIE."

"DIE?" Ahjo stuttered in anxiety.

"Yes, Mister. Die. Isn't that exciting?" The person darkly said which frightened the men more. The men were all fazed and frozen from where they were standing. "Nope? Well, I am. I am excited. Oh no, that is an understatement. EXCITEMENT is not enough to describe what I am feeling right now. How do you want me to kill you?"

Joosong, like a scaredy cat, uttered, "What are you saying—"

"Umm~ Do you want me to stab your heart with that fan knife?" The person once again asked in an intimidating yet calm voice, pointing the knife on the ground. "Or do you want me to break your skulls first until you die?"

"What the f—" Hakshin yelled, but was cut off when that person smirked proudly.

The person stated, "Oops, oops, oops. No foul language, okay? Well, because you were about to say a foul word, I guess I should punish you FIRST. No, I think beating you and the other guy at the same time is pretty much interesting. Don't you think so?"

Surprised and stunned. Woohyun's eyes widened with his mind trying to process the view of the person beating Hakshin and Joosong in front of him. Finally, Woohyun was released from their strong arms. He stammered, "You—you are—"

 

Blagg, boom, bang!

 

As if it was like an action movie, the person started throwing punches and kicks on the men. Who would have thought that someone like this person is stronger than those goons? Hakshin and Joosong were severely injured with blood dripping down from their mouths. Stronger, yes. Well, Woohyun knew it a lot, but not to this extent.

Very amazing. Woohyun was really amazed with his savior's amazing skills. After beating down the pathetic bastards, Joosong and Hakshin, his savior commanded him, "Nam Woohyun, move back and call the police NOW!"

"But, Taeyeon-ssi—"

 

 

Certainly, it was Kim Taeyeon. Yes, it was her—the only female employee of the Hope Cafe slash the woman whose family was visited by him few hours ago. Very surprising, isn't it?

Not long time has passed, unknowingly, the woman followed him behind because she was too worried that something might happen to her boss while walking across the streets. Well, yeah. Unfortunately, he encountered such misfortune that he could have died if she did not arrive.

"PPALLI! JUST DO AS I SAY, NAM WOOHYUN!" Taeyeon commanded loudly which frightened the young man. "HURRY UP AND DO IT!"

"Nae, nae. I will." Woohyun stuttered in panic as he backed away, digging out his phone from his pocket. Unfortunately, his phone fell down on the ground because his hands were literally shaking. "Oh my! My phone."

Songdong and the notorious leader, Ahjo were the only ones left that needed to be beaten up. Taeyeon smirked and asked, "So, there are still two of you who are left. Who do you want to go first? You or—" She pointed Ahjo then the twenty-three year old, but looks like a forty-five years old Ahjussi, Songdong. "You?"

"You woman—I know you are very

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter