28: Sullen Sentiments

Can U Smile?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sullen Sentiments

[Song of the Day: SHINee - Alarm]

It was a dull night for him, a night that was encompassed by endless quietude and darkness. Woohyun was alone inside his room. The room was dark. The maroon curtains of his room were covering the glassy windows which prevented any ray of light to pass through his room. He wanted darkness, even just once. He wanted his eyes to be blinded by darkness gnawing each corner of his room. It reflected what he feels at that moment. It reflected the sadness he's enduring. He felt sick. Nothing will be more sickening than the feeling of jealousy and bitterness he feels.

Woohyun's heart became agitated. How can his heart calm down after his bare eyes saw what happened in the garden? What happened only proved how much Sunggyu likes Taeyeon.

[~]

The man gently spun her around and brought her closer to him. He murmured in her ear as he slowly wore the shiny infinity necklace over her neck, “I am glad that you treat it as something important to you.”

"Sunggyu-ssi, I am so—"

“Sssh. No need to apologize. It’s alright.” He assured in a soft voice before he turned her around to face him. “Seeing how you look for it as if it’s something important to you is more than enough to make me happy.”

“Sunggyu-ssi, I am very sorry.” The woman apologetically said.

“I told you that there is no need to apologize, right?”

"But—"

“Never mind that. Anyway, let me ask you something.”

“Something? What is it?”

“It is about..”He cleared his throat before he continued what he was saying, “It is about us. Tell me. Why do you avoid me all the time? Did I do or say something wrong for you to be like that? Why are you avoiding me?”

“What’s wrong?” Sunggyu asked, desperately searching for an answer. “Tell me why, Taeyeon-ssi. I want to know why.”

Not knowing what to answer to his questions, Taeyeon thriftily answered back, pulling off a cold reaction her face as she looked away from his judging gazes, “Nothing. Please don’t mind it.”

“Huh?”

Taking a quick glance of her watch, she knew that she should leave. Leaving will be the best solution because staying there will not help her, but make her feel worse instead. She excused as she looked at him straightly, “Sunggyu-ssi, I have to go now. Thank you for returning back this necklace, by the way.” She turned back and started walking away from him.

Suddenly, a strong arm harshly held her right arm, preventing her from leaving. Taeyeon faced the man and her eyes widened in anxiety. She mumbled as she tried removing his arm, "What do you want, Sung—"

Sunggyu seriously muttered, tightening his grip on her arm, “Why are you leaving? I’m still talking to you!”

“What do you want?”

“What I want?” He darkly stated before he pulled her towards him. “Do you really want to know? THEN, I’LL SHOW YOU!”

“Sunggyu-ssi, what are—”

Her words were suddenly cut off the moment he pulled her closer towards him. He roughly pushed her face near him until his lips covered her pale lips.

[~]

Liking the same woman has been the thing he and Sunggyu promised not to happen back then. But looking at the present time, does that 'promise' still matter? He knew that promise was made many years ago. He was thirteen years old while Sunggyu was fifteen at that time.

It was a promise that he thought that will last even during the time the good relationship they have started to vanish. But it’s not like he cares about that now, anyway.

[~]                                               

The darkness started filling up the woods. As the night began, two young men were silently sitting against the grassy field. They were outside a well-built tent. There was a bonfire near where they were sitting which kept them warm in the midst of  the breezy night. There were no other people on the woods except the two of them.

"Hyung-nim, what do you want to eat?" The younger man asked as he looked at his older brother who was staring at the dark clouds above.

"Oh that." His older brother uttered upon bringing his gaze towards him. "Food. How come I forget about our dinner for tonight? Sorry for that. Anyway, I don't mind eating fish or even the canned foods we brought with us. How about you, Namu-dongsaeng?"

"Umm.." Tapping his chin lightly with his fingers, Woohyun suggested to his brother, "I think grilled fish will do. Since the start of our camp last two days ago, we've eaten canned foods, so I think we should have something different for tonight."

"Grilled fish? That sounds good." Sunggyu agreed before he stood up and told his brother, "Just stay here, alright? I will just fish for something to eat."

"Oh, hyung. I don't think you should. I'll just be the one to do it because you've been taking care of everything since the start of this camp." The younger one stood up as well from his seat. "You should just take a rest, and leave the preparation of our dinner in my hands."

"But Woohyun-ah.."                                                                                    

"Trust me, Gyuzizi-hyung, eo?" Woohyun assured, signalling his brother to take a rest and gave him a wink. "Just stay here. If you wish, you may sleep for a while. I'll just wake you up if the dinner is ready."

"Are you sure of that?"

"Of course, I am. I am Namprince, right? Dinner preparation is just a chicken feed to Namprince."

"Hyung-nim.." Woohyun called out, patting his older brother's shoulder. "Hyung, wake up now. Dinner is ready."

After a while, Sunggyu regained his consciousness. He straightened up his body and rubbed his eyes. "Oh sorry if I fell asleep."

"It's alright, Gyuzizi-hyung." Woohyun assured as he handed him a grilled fish on a stick. "Here. I know you are hungry now. Go eat."

Sunggyu nodded his head and started eating the food his brother handed him. Meanwhile, his younger brother started too eating his food.

"Umm. This is great. It is so delicious." The older one complimented. "You really are good in cooking. I like it very much."

"Really? Hyung, I am glad that you've like it."

"As expected of you, you can turn a simple food into an amazing one." Sunggyu expressed before he took another bite of the food. "You can really become a great chef in the future."

"That's too much, hyung. I am not that good. Don't compliment me that much, hyung." Woohyun shyly said as a sheepish smile was formed on his face.

"No. I am just saying the truth. Isn't it you aspire to be a chef someday?"

"Umm. Nae, I do. But I don't think—"              

"Of course, you can. There is nothing impossible. You have a great potential, Woohyun-dongsaeng."

"Really? But won't Appa be angry that I want to be a chef? I know that he wants the two of us to be in the business field because he wants us to work at our company."

"No, Woohyun-ah. I know Appa will understand you. You should pursue what you want to be."

"Really?"                                                       

"Nae, Woohyun-dongsaeng. Well anyway, now, I am imagining you to be a great chef." Sunggyu happily stated. "How awesome does that sound?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter