chapter seven

Lost Memories

Hey reader!

I just wanted to tell you guys that i'm updating with the last chapters (for now) which are quite soppy/sad. I'm working on the 'happier' chapters. Anyways, stay tuned.

 

 

Here's CHAPTER SEVEN:

 

 

“_____! What a nice surprise. I didn’t know you were coming.” Kyoung-mi greeted her daughter-in law at the door. “Come in.”

“Umma, is that she-who-must-not-be-here?” Jaejoong called out from the living room.

“It is, she-who-is-you-wife son.” Kyoung-mi replied as she led the visitors to the living area. “And she brought a friend.”

“Annyeong Jaejoong.” Shae greeted and bowed.

“Sweet. You’re here! I missed you.” Jaejoong went to Shae ang hugged her tightly. She pulls herself away from him and looks down. “I did not miss you however.” Jaejoong said as he saw the person beside Shae. “Why are you calling me ‘Jaejoong’ sweet? What happened to ‘oppa’ huh?” He asked Shae and then turned to _____. “You’re a bad influence on my sweet. Are you thirsty Sweet? Hungry?” He asked Shae as he led her to the kitchen, hand-in-hand.

“Shae, remember what we talked about.” _____ whispered as the couple passed her.

 

 

Once in the kitchen Jaejoong has been fussing and asking Shae what she would like to eat, drink was she hot cold and in return Shae was keeping her distance, being evasive she didn’t really want to look at the man in the kitchen.

“Hey sweet. What’s wrong?” He asked as he cupped Shae’s cheeks. “What did she-who-mut-not-be-here tell you?”

She left Jaejoong’s hold and distanced herself. “Why am I here Jaejoong oppa?”

“Because you’re my girlfriend.”

“But I’m not. It’s not 2004, its 2010. We graduated from university we have jobs and a separate life, what am I doing here?”

“Because you’re my - ”

 “I am not.”

“Then tell me, why were you the last thing that came to my mind and the first when I woke up.”

“You remember the accident?” Shae fidgeted with her fingers.

“Not really. All I remembers are bright lights blinding me and your face and the next thing I know I woke up in the hospital, with you’re voice.” He approached Shae and hugged her. “Maybe you’re not my girlfriend anymore but then why were you the last thing I saw. Maybe I still love you and the accident made me realize that.”

“What about _____? Don’t you remember her.”

Jaejoong shrugged and left it at that. They spent a few more minutes in the kitchen before Shae had to leave.

“Uhmm, _____ would you like a ride back to the grocery?” Shae asked a gloomy _____.

“Sweet come by soon ok. I’ll call you later.” Jaejoong kissed Shae on the lips and accompanied her to the car, leaving _____ behind.

“He’ll remember you soon, don’t worry. And then he’ll grovel and cry for your forgiveness. Make him buy you the whole mall, shoes clothes jewelry everything and make him sleep in the couch when he remembers just how much he loves you..” Kyoung-mi said trying to lift _____’s spirits.

 

-in the car-

The ride back to the supermarket was long, silent and filled with an awkward ambiance.

“_____,  I don’t know how to help you. Maybe it’s better if I just leave you and go far from Jaejoong.”

“Shae please don’t do that. I think we made progress today. At least he acknowledged the fact that maybe you and him are not an actual couple. I’m sorry I couldn’t help but eavesdrop.”

“I’m really not comfortable with this scenario but if I can do anything to give back Jae’s life to make it like before the accident I’ll do anything. What do you want me to do with Jaejoong?”

“Just spend some time with him. Make him understand that you’re not going out anymore. Firstly, talk to him about why you broke up. Hopefully he listens to you, cause he sure isn’t listening to anyone else.”

The car stopped at the entrance of the grocery and before _____ could exit the vehicle, Shae set a last warning. “I’ll help you any way I can, I owe it to you and to Jaejoong. But, and this is very important, there many things you may not know about our relationship, are you sure you want me to stick to your husband?”

“Shae, he’s my husband, he may not know it but I can’t believe that an accident can make his love for me disappear. He loves me.” _____ replied and left.