Chapter six

Lost Memories

 

Chapter six.

 

_____ was doing her groceries when a cart smashed against hers.

“I’m so sorry. I lost control of the cart and – ” The culprit started explaining but stopped when she saw to whom the cart she smashed on belonged. “I’m sorry.” She looked away and quickly left.

“Shae? Wait is that you?” _____ too left her groceries to follow the person.

“Leave me alone please. I know nothing about your husband’s accident.” Shae continued to move quickly towards the exit.

“Wait! I just want to talk.” _____ finally caught up with her while Shae was looking for her car keys.

“I don’t want to do anything with you or your husband. I’m innocent. I didn’t do anything. Leave me alone! Stop following me or I’ll get a restraining order” Shae threatened but little could threaten _____ now. _____ backed away and once Shae opened her car, _____ quickly went to the passenger’s side, opened the door and leapt in.

“What are you doing? Get off this car now!” Shae tried to push _____ out but _____ fought back.

“No. Not until you listen to me! And then you can decide to call the police on me but please listen first.”

Shae sighed knowing that there was little she could do now. She reclined on her seat and said “Talk. You have five minutes. Starting now.”

“Jaejoong was walking home when he got into a hit-and-run accident which –“

“It’s not my fault he got in a car accident. Now we have that cleared leave.” Shae said as she tried once more to push _____ out of the car.

“I never said you did. Five minutes are still not up. Let me finish.” Once Shae calmed down _____ proceeded with her story. “As I said, he got in a hit-and-run accident and because of this he fell in a coma.  We couldn’t wake him up and the only time he showed any signs of recovery was when we talked about you and about his university life. He woke up finally, but now he thinks is 2004 and that you guys are still together. All I ask is you help him understand that things are over between you two. Help him understand that it’s 2010 that he has a wife and a daughter.”

“You’re his wife, wouldn’t he listen to you more?” Shae replied haughtily.

“If he did I wouldn’t be here now. Please help me. Help my family.”