Chapter eighteen

Lost Memories

 

Chapter 18.

 

“Really _____, go enjoy yourself. You deserve a day of pampering.” Kyoung-mi tries to persuade _____ in leaving Yumi in their, Jaejoong’s parents’ care so that she could have some ‘me’ time. Jaejoong dropped Yumi and _____ off at his parents’ residence. He called his parents ahead of time to ask them to take care of Yumi for that day so that _____ could pamper herself for once and de-stress. He even gave her his credit card to max out as long as it would make her happy. Currently, _____, Yumi, Kyoung-mi and Taehyun (Jaejoong’s father) were all gathered in the living room. Taehyun was busy playing with Yumi while Kyoung-mi and _____ were catching up.

“Go shopping if you don’t want to go to a SPA. Max out Jaejoong’s credit card.”

“Do you think I look…frumpy? That I’m not y?” _____ asked out of the blue.

“Why would you say that? Did Jaejoong tell you your ugly? Is that why he’s letting you max out his credit card? I’m going to spank that boy.” Kyoung-mi said as she reached for the telephone.

“No. He didn't. It’s just that someone remarked that I looked like a maid. That the role I play in Jaejoong’s life is that of a maid and nanny. Do I look like that?”

“Don’t let other people bring you down _____. If they say that, fine. Whatever. That’s their opinion. But don’t let their belief become yours too. Just be confident in yourself and you’ll ooze iness from within.” Kyoung-mi tells _____ reassuringly.

“Sorry to interrupt but…Nothing ier than confidence? Blah.” Jaejoong’s father, Taehyun, says in disgust, cutting in on the women’s conversation. “Wear something y and I’m sure I’ll have a grandson in nine months. Don’t you want a baby brother Yumi?” He asks the baby busy with her building blocks.

“I don't think that is possible. The last time I wore something y was before Yumi was born. After, Jae and I haven’t had exactly the most exciting nights. It’s kinda hard when in the middle of a steamy round baby cries. That’s such a turn off. I mean, we did have really hot and steamy nights. And man, wasn’t he just a beast when he – ”

“Ahem.” Kyoung-mi clears to interrupt _____’s mindless babbling of her life but so far she has failed. “Too much information sweetie. He’s still my baby boy.” Kyoung-mi says but no one seems to notice her.

“Well, I expect that from my son. He’s just like his dad. I passed my great lover genes to him” Taehyun brags.

“Taehyun!” Kyoung-mi cries out in embarrassment.

“What?” Taehyun looks innocently at his wife.

“Give me Yumi before you corrupt her mind and go back to watching whatever.” Kyoung-mi waves her hand towards the tv and then picks Yumi from Taehyun’s hold. “Sweetie forget what Taehyun said. Just, be yourself and give it time. Everything will go back to what it was like before the accident.” Kyoung-mi tells _____.

“I guess, trying a bit to look y for your husband isn't a crime. I could try buying some clothes that actually fit me.” _____ said as she looked at her garments. "I guess I’ll be going now.”

“Come then. I’ll you to your car.” Kyoung-mi says as she leads _____ to the exit.

“Buy some y lingerie _____! I want a grandson!” Taehyun cried out before the door closed behind the two women.

“Omeoni…uhmmm. Sorry about before. I didn’t mean to talk about Jae and my – ”

“It’s ok…no need to bring that subject up…ever.” Kyoung mi said as she hugged _____ goodbye.

 

 

 

 “Sigh. What the heck am I doing here?” _____ asks herself as she was browsing through the endless bras, , nightgowns racks in undergarment part of the department store. She held up one and tried envisioning herself wearing it.

“_____?” Yunho said behind her.

“Yunho! Hi!” a red-faced _____ greets him. “What are you doing here? You buy…bras?” _____ asked him.

“Pabo. They have a men’s section on the other side of this department store but I have to pass here to get to the parking lot. That’s a cute set.” He said pointing to the polkadot bikini type underwear _____ was admiring.

“It’s actually the first time I buy stuff like this. Jaejoong used to buy me these things before.” She sighed and looked pitiful.

“Hey, what’s wrong? They don’t have your size?” he asked pointing at the set she held against her chest.

“You said this is pretty. I don’t want to be pretty I want to be y.” She whispered and put the set back on the rack.

“Yunho….Do you think I’m…y?” she asked insecurely.

Yunho’s eyes were about to pop out of his eyes and he blushed on that unexpected question.

“I knew it. You don’t find me y.” She wailed. “You know what!? I’m so sorry I’m not y! But once you have a kid your body changes. You men are such asses!” She wailed and ranted at him.

People were starting to stare at the spectacle while Yunho could do nothing but stare embarrassedly at the floor. AS he felt more people stare down at him, he just decided enough was enough. Why was _____ reprimanding him anyways? So he covered and dragged her out of the mall and into the car.

As Yunho got in the car, _____ was still ranting and ranting and her words were running onto eachother. He could not understand anything anymore so he decided to just turn the AC on and let her rant until she runs out of breathe.

“And that’s why all advertsing agents are asses.” _____ finished her speech. She took the long deep breathes and turned to Yunho. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to rant.” She says embarrassingly.

“It’s ok. I guess you just have lots of pent up feelings. You’re very y _____.” He says.

“Thanks.” She sulks.

“Really. I think you’re y.” He tries to boost her morale up.

“Yeah, and since I am so y I have to tone down my iness with these unattractive clothing. It’s not my fault I gained then lost so much weight in the past year. Argh! I hate it!” She says grabbing the end of her shirt.

“You know what, let’s go shopping!”

“I don't know...Don’t you have work?” She asked. “I don’t want to impose.”

Sensing that _____ gave in to the idea of going shopping he started his car. “Let’s go and max hyung’s card out.” He says and starts to drive off.

 

 

Yunho and _____ spent the day shopping. Yunho was not only her driver he also helped her pick out the clothes and he was her judge on whether to buy or not to buy.  They were now taking lunch at a café talking about the various incidents that happened today, such as, looking like something out of startrek. Some clothes _____ tried on were just out of this world…and not in the fabulous way.

Something seemed to have grabbed his attention across the street. “Hey. What were you looking at when we met this morning?” Yunho asked teasingly.

“Are you going to tease me about my outburst again? I’ll never be able to forget that. I’m never going to that mall ever again…ok well. Maybe I’ll go there in 10 years.” She laughs. Yunho looked at her, then looked across the street then looked at her again with an evil smile on his face.

_____ followed his gaze then looked back at him, who was still sporting a very evil smile. “oh no…nonono. I think I bought enough for today. Thank you for this day. Shopping therapy is the best, I must agree but. Enough.” She said as she smiled awkwardly.

“We should at least check it out…just for fun. Come on!” Yunho took out a few bills and left them at the table as he dragged _____ across the street.

 

 

 

 

***

 

Dun dun dunnn...

I updated! yay! Jaejoong's dad has a name! Yunho is in the chpater Shae isn't...Double yay!

I tried writing a chapter with Jaejoong and you and Yumi going out together and having a family time/date. But i just couldn't. Plus! It's a weekday! Jaejoong has to go to work, hahaha. If you're wondering why Yunho isn't at work, that is because...he's buying underwear. lol. 

 

note: i'm pretty sure those are not the name of Jaejoong's parents. Sorry i can't be bothered to to google it.