chapter thirty-one

Lost Memories

 Chapter thirty-one

 

It was a little over a week since _____ had food poisoning and the doctor finally gave the go signal for _____ to finally eat real food. Due to her conditions, _____ missed her weekly Sunday Waffle breakfast so now that she can finally eat Jaejoong prepared her some, even if it is a Tuesday morning. It’s the least I can do, he thought as he drove to his parent’s house.

This week has been hell week for Jaejoong. He has been working like crazy for an account that would bring him, and most importantly, him tons of money. He didn’t just work from 9 to 5, he worked way past that. He had meetings instead of lunch, business gatherings instead of dinner. He was exhausted but knowing that he did that all for his family made him feel a little better.

He had planned of taking care of Yumi and the house so when _____ would return home she would see what an awesome hubby he was. He also wanted to go to his parent’s place and fuss and care for _____ but he just didn’t have the time. He was so busy his mom decided to take Yumi and care for her instead of having Yumi at his neighbor’s all the time.

Hell week, he thought, total hell. No wifey, no Yumi, just a cold cold house.

But no longer, he thought happily. The doctor did not only give _____ the go signal to eat, he also said that if _____ passed his check up tomorrow she could return home right after. Jaejoong smiled at the thought of having his girls back in the house. He was so ready to tell _____ he loves her, but he didn’t just want to burst it out, he had a plan. A plan that involved a romantic weekend getaway.

He arrived at the house and parked his car by the gate. He got out of the car and hummed a happy tune thinking of _____’s face whenever eating his waffles. He was so excited to sit with her and watches her eat and see pure joy in her face for something he cooked. If he cooked as good as he was in bed then he couldn’t wait for this weekend.

“Oh! I forgot the waffles in the car.” He scurried back to the car and get his freshly made waffles.

RingRingRing…his phone rang interrupting the happy tune he was humming.

“Hello, good-morning Mr. Kim. It’s your secretary. I’m calling to inform you that your presence at the 9.30am meeting is required.”

“I said I’d come in late and to push back all my appointments.” He said tiredly looking at his wristwatch; it was already 9 o’clock.

“Yes sir, but sir, It is Mr. Cheng’s orders that you be present. I’m sorry sir, I’m just passing on the orders sir.” His secretary said.

“Fine. I’ll be there soon. They can start without me if they can’t wait damnit!.” He hangs up the phone angrily. He won’t be spending any quality time with his family again today. He sighed and took the waffles and fruits and syrup from the car. He made his way to the front door a little less happy now.

After a few times of ringin the doorbell, he was starting to get worried. Why isn’t anybody opening the door? “Mom? _____? Dad?” he called out.

“Hi Jaejoong.” Kyoung-mi greeted him, emphasizing his name. “What are you doing here?” She asked opening the door only enough for her head to stick out.

“hi mom.” He said cautiously, looking at his mother’s weird behavior. “Can I come in? I brought _____ waffles. I remembered that today she can finally eat so I made her her favorite.” He smiled.

“WA-FFLES” Kyoung-mi said loudly and slowly. “You made waffles. For _____. That is so sweet.” She said loudly to someone inside the house.

“Mom what are you doing?” He asked trying to look past her and into the house.

“Nothing.” She replied quickly looking at him once again.

“Can I come in? He asks again. “I can’t stay to have breakfast with _____ but at least I want to give this to her personally. I haven’t seen or talk to her in a while now.”

“You want to give the waffles to _____?” She asks loudly once again. “You want to see her because you miss her right?”

“Yeh I miss her.” Jaejoong says sheepishly.

“What I didn’t hear you.” Kyoung-mi asked loudly even though she was just inches away from her son.

“I MISS _____ MOM.” Jaejoong said a little louder. “You should have your ears checked.” He tells her loudly. “Oh mom…you’re getting old.” He commented below his voice.

“Yah! I heard that. I’m getting old huh?” Kyoung-mi took the container of food from Jaejoong and told him to go. “Go now. Leave! Who you calling old huh?” Kyoung-mi asked and closed the door on her son.

 

 

“_____ did you hear what Jaejoong said?” Kyoung-mi asked _____ as they were setting the table for breakfast.

“I think the whole neighborhood heard Omeoni.” _____ replied as she helped herself to some of Jaejoong’s food.

“Then what are you doing? Go back to him. I know these past few months were hard but a divorce?!”

“Omeoni…we talked about this already.” _____ told Kyoung-mi as if elling a child.

“Your faher in-law is not happy with this _____.”

“He has nothing to worry about, Jaejoong’s young. He’ll have son, tons and tons of sons with his next wife.” _____ reassured her. “*sigh* I’m going to miss these waffles.”

 

 

* * *

Tadan!

I updated (duh!)

This is my early Christmas gift to all of you out there.

Hope you guys liked it.