chapter seventeen

Lost Memories

 

Chapter seventeen

 

“Would you like some tea?” _____ asked as she led Shae to the living room.

“No thank you. I don’t plan to stay long anyways.” She said and refused _____’s invite for her to sit on the couch. “My my…don’t you look pretty.” Shae says, her words laced with sarcasm.

_____ has spent the day cleaning and cooking, alternating between taking care of Yumi and the house. She wasn’t expecting to receive visitors so she did not notice that her clothes weren’t fit for a guest, she was wearing sweats and a shirt beneath her blue apron and matching bandana. She quickly excused herself and went to the kitchen. She quickly took of the bandana and ran her hands through her hair. She then took of the apron and laid it neatly on the table. She composed herself and returned to the livingroom to find Shae looking at the various picture of Yumi.

“Yumi is really pretty, she clearly takes her looks after her father.” Shae teases _____.

“Yeh. Thankfully she does.” _____ replies sincerely as she took a look at the picture of Yumi Shae was looking at.

“Look _____, I’m not here to talk pleasantries and make friends. But I see that I should not have been worried.” Shae says as she looks at _____ from head to toe. “I’m sorry I disturbed you from all your cleaning. I better leave.” She says and smiles making her way to the exit.

“Wait. What are you talking about?” _____ asks her confused.

Shae stopped midway and turned to look back at _____. “I came here because Jaejoong told me that he was living with you again. Obviously as his girlfriend I got worried. Especially what with all his praising of your cooking and how neat the house was and how well you took care of Yumi. But now I see that my jealousy over you was groundless. You’re just Jae’s maid.”

“What?”

“Yeh. You see, Jae and I had lunch today. And he kept comparing the food we ate with your cooking. He kept saying, _____ could cook this better, _____ could clean this better, _____ could arrange this place to make it more inductive for eating, _____ could make that kid who keeps crying stop and make him eat, and so on and so forth. I was getting jealous, especially with the fact that I was playing footsie with him and yet I got no response from him. So I decided to come here and see you. I thought maybe here at home you were different. But I realized I was wrong. He wasn’t praising you as a wife…he was praising you as a maid. Someone who takes care of his needs, who takes care of his house, who takes care of his child. I thought you were competition, but now I see all my jealousy was groundless.”

“Somehow, I think you just complimented me even if you insulted me. At least Jae thinks highly of me. That’s a step towards him and me being together again right?” _____ said genuinely happy about what she learned.

“Oh _____, you are so naïve. I said Jae thinks of you as a maid, and not one of those y maids men fantasize about. Something more like an ‘ajumma’” Shae snickers at _____. “I thought you were my competition because you can take care of Jaejoong while I’m away on business trips most of the time. Now I see that Jaejoong will only see you as a maid, help. I know Jaejoong, he’s not the type of man to get attracted to a simple girl, especially not one clad in sweats and an apron. I see there is no competition for Jaejoong’s attention, what with my rival looking like..” she paused and looked at _____ from head to toe and back again. “…that. Now I can leave Jaejoong here and no nothing will happen between the two of you.” And with that she left the apartment confident she still held Jaejoong’s love.

 

 

-Later that night-

After Shae left, _____ was able to process everything she said, about how she was just a maid, a nanny but not a wife. It was depressing her, she wanted to try hard not to show weakness infront of her husband and baby but everything just piled up, the accident, Jaejoong & Shae, her body issues, it was just bringing her down. Come dinner time, _____ was a walking zombie. She didin’t greet Jaejoong at the door as usual, she did not make cooing happy sounds when feeding Yumi and she did not make any effort in conversing with Jaejoong.

On the other hand, Jaejoong was adamant that he would resist what he believed as _____’s seduction of him. He gave himself a peptalk right before entering the house, about how he should not cheat on his girlfriend with his wife, he kept repeating that over and over agian but somehow after a few times he started feeling as if what he was saying was wrong. Once he entered the house his resolve to ignore and distance himself from _____ vanished.

“_____…is something wrong?” Asked Jaejoong from across the table, he was somewhat afraid of her answer. What he really wanted to ask was ‘Did I  do something wrong?”

“No.” she stated, sighed and continued looking down at her food. That was another thing that bothered him. Not once since he came home did she make any eye contact with him.

“Then why aren’t you eating?” He pointed to the food spread around her plate. She has only been sliding her food around and toying with it. “Do I have to feed you like I feed Yumi?”

She simply shook.

He picked up some of the food remaining on his plate and said “say ahhhh…the train is on its way…choo choo, choo chooooo…” he baby talked her and moved the spoon towards her as if a train. “Open up…Mr Train Driver is tired he wants to rest….choo choo.”

_____ lifted her head up and gave him a cold look which sent shivers up his spine.

“I’m not in the mood to eat.” She says with a deadpan voice and then resumes playing with her food.

“Do you want waffles?” Jaejoong asked hoping that her favorite food would make her happy.

“No.”

“Do you want to eat out? What do you want, I’ll call for delivery.” He asks patiently as if talking to a child.

“No. Will you stop acting so concerned.” She says angrily and slams her utensils on the table.

“I am concerned.” He says totally confused and freaked out. This wasn’t the _____ he came to know.

“Whatever.” She sulked in her seat.

“Of course I’m concerned. I would never want anything to happen to you. If you don’t eat you’ll be weak and sick.”

“Ohhh! You don’t want anything to happen to me or else who would cook for you? Who would clean the house? Who would take care of your daughter. Who would do the laundry when you’re out with your girlfriend. Oooohhh. Real concerned.” She sneered at him.

“What the hell is wrong with you? Why would you think that? I’ll cook. I’ll clean. I’ll do the laundry. I’ll take care of you and Yumi. I’ll take time of work and do whatever you want. Is that what this is about?” He stood up and went to her side and made her face him so he could look closely at her face. “Aigoo. You’re tired aren’t you? You’re too stressed.” He pulled her up and hugged her. “Go take a long bubble bath and I’ll take care of the things here. I’ll wash the dishes and put Yumi to sleep ok. Just go relax before you scare Yumi with your zombie like face.” He lightly kissed the top of her head and gave her a gentle push out of the room.

 

 

-The next day-

“Hey…_____. Wake up.” Jaejoong gently shook her from her sleep. “Wake up and go get dressed. Breakfast will be waiting in the kitchen.” He told her as she started opening her eyes.

“What? What time is it!” She panicked as she noticed that for once Jaejoong woke up before her.

“Calm down. I gave Yumi her milk already.” He said gently at her. “So go take a shower, dress up and meet me, Yumi and breakfast in the kitchen.” He smiled at her and left her.

 

 

“Goodmorning mommy.” He greets her as she entered the kitchen. “Here’s you’re breakfast.” He proceeds to laying a plate infront of her and pouring some coffee in her mug.

“Waffles? It’s Tuesday.” She says confused.

“Who said we can only have waffles on a Saturday?” he said happily as he watched her eat.

“It’s good.” She says embarrassed. “Stop looking at me please. Anyways, sorry about last night. I didn't mean those things I said.”

“I understand. You were stressed and I’ve been inconsiderate and I haven’t helped you much. Sorry.” He pauses to look at her shoving food down . “Slow down. Eat like a normal person.”

“You’re going to be late.” She says between hurried bites.

“I told them I’ll be coming in late so slow down before you choke on your waffles.”

She slowed down her pace and ate in blissful silence. Jaejoong’s waffles are heaven, she thought. “Ok! I’m done.” She says as she finishes her coffee.

 “Good. Let’s go.” Jaejoong says as he picks up Yumi and makes his way to out.

“Where?”

 

 

 

***

 

Dun dun dun! Shae was back in this update (major sorry) but i plan to leave her out of the next updates, hopefully. I really wanted to have you and Shae fight...as in catfight. but that's just not in your nature. Your Jaejoong y mouse librarian so yeah...you can't go pull out Shae's hait or scratch her face. hehe.

 

I'll reply to your comments now. see you guys soon :)