Chapter five.

Lost Memories

 

Note: a few chapters starting with this, will be held in living room at Jaejoong and your house. Click HERE for a visual.

ALSO! there are a few more soppy chapters. I'll put up a comment when i post a chapter that's a bit happier; just in case you want to read the sad chapter when happier ones are there too.

Enjoy!

 

 

 

Chapter five : 

 

 

After further tests by the doctor, Jaejoong was cleared to be discharged. His “amnesia” condition remained unexplained by the doctor.

“The mind works in so many mysterious ways the medical world has yet to discover.” The doctor started. “I suggest you slowly reintegrate him to his life. Make him understand that his assumptions are wrong. Get him up to date with his life now, slowly. We don’t want him to be overwhelmed and suffer shock. Mrs Kim (he refers to _____), I think it is better if we start to reintegrate him with his life starting with his family, friends work and work up to you, your relationship and your daughter. I am under assumption that he believes he is in a relationship which is no longer existing today. I suggest you ask Ms. Liu to help clear the confusion.”

_____ nodded absently. She was still trying to put her mind around the fact that she was a stranger to her husband.

“Mrs. Kim, this may be a long procedure that will last for years or a short temporary one, we don’t know. What I can tell you is that nobody has died from amnesia. Try to be strong and understanding, for your husband and daughter.” The doctor said trying to liven up _____.

 

- - -

 

Its been a week now since Jaejoong was discharged from the hospital, everything seemed normal except for his continued memory loss. Apparently he remembers how to cook things he did not even know he could. He was able to do his job properly even though he did not know who his employer was. He knew how to drive his car even if he has no idea of when he did buy the car. He knew that at seven am he was to rise and cook breakfast he just didn’t know why he always made breakfast for more than just himself. He remembers his family, he has learned his friends and collegues’ names but he won’t acknowledge _____. Every time she came to visit him at his parents house (he stays there instead of his home with _____ and Yumi) he ignores her and constantly asks her to stop stalking him.

“Umma, I’m hungry. When are we eating lunch?” Jaejoong asked as he entered the kitchen area.

“Hi Hub- Jaejoong.” _____ said as finished setting the meal on the table.

“Oh. You’re here again. Don’t you have anything better to do?” He asked coldly. “Where’s my mom?”

“She went babysitting for a friend. So I came. I cooked lunch for you.” She smiled at him.

“I can cook. You don’t have to come next time. Oh look, you finished cooking. Let me you to the door.” He said and started dragging _____ towards the entrance door.

“Wait!” She cried out and pulled her wrist from Jaejoong’s powerful hold. “Why do you keep ignoring me and pushing me away.” After a week of cold shoulder from her husband she finally snapped. “You acknowledged everybody. You try to learn more about them and about your relationship with them. Why won’t you do the same to me? I’m your wi-“

“No your not!” he interrupted. “Stop saying that. Because of you and your stalking, I haven’t seen Shae since I saw her at the hospital. What did you do to her?” he asked as he cornered her against the hallway wall. “You keep telling me you're my wife. I would never go out with you.” He said as he gave he looked at her from head to toe. “Let alone marry you.” He snorted and the next thing he felt was a sting on his cheek.

“Stop it Jae please! Please remember me, remember us. I can’t do this anymore. Please please. Try to remember.” She begged as she hit Jaejoong’s chest.

He took hold of _____’s wrist and distanced himself from her. “You won’t trick me in thinking we’re married. I’d never marry a frump like you. And stop crying, your face is redder than an apple and as round as one.” He said and left her at the hallway.

Cries filled the house for a few moments until _____ finally left.

 

- -

 

“Hi dear.” Kyoung-mi greeted _____ at the door and led her in. Her happy mood was crushed when she saw _____ returning with red eyes though with a smile on her face. “Jaejoong still doesn’t remember?”

_____ shook her head silently and went to her daughter who was playing on the mat at the living room.

“Hi baby.” She cooed and kissed her daughter’s cheek, who cooed back and kept playing with her building blocks.

Her mother-in law came behind her and rubbed her back. “He’ll remember soon enough.”

“He accused me of separating him and Shae. He told me he’d never marry me.” She said and hugged Yumi tighter.

Yumi put her tiny hands on _____’s cheeks and said “Ma ma” and started crying.

“Ohno baby. Don’t cry don’t cry.” _____ said and tried to make her daughter stop crying by rocking her. Once Yumi stopped crying _____ set Yumi down to play.

“Omeoni, did the guys find Shae?”

“No news yet. I’m sorry.” Kyoung-mi said as she sat on the couch.

“I don’t understand how she could just disappear in thin air.” She sat beside her mother-in law.

“We’ll find her and hopefully we get things straight with my stubborn son. I’m going to see how he is.” Kyoung-mi said and rose. “Bye Yumi, Halmeoni is going. Kiss.” Kyoung-mi kissed her grandchild and headed for the door with _____ accompanying her.

“Take care _____, we’ll get through this.” She hugged her daughter-in law and moved to leave.

“Omeoni.” _____ called out. “Am I fat?”

“Did Jaejoong say that? He is getting a spanking when I return.” She threatened. “You have a beautiful body of a woman who has a beautiful daughter. You are beautiful because you don’t look like a toothpick. Now stop thinking about that and go relax with your daughter.” Kyoung-mi ordered then waved goodbye.