Chapter twenty-one

Lost Memories

 

Chapter twenty-one:

 

Sleep eluded Jaejoong that night. _____’s scent was all over the place and her warmth still radiated on the bedspread putting Jaejoong in a very uncomfortable position. He quickly gets off the bed and strips it bare but her scent lingered in the bedroom. He takes a long freezing shower and then tries to sleep once more. His night was restless, spent between tossing and turning and cursing _____. Come six in the morning he has still yet to shut his eyes but it seems that _____ was already awake. Sounds were coming from outside. Somehow this just pissed Jaejoong. This is all your fault _____, how dare you give me a sleepless night without you being here with me.  He quickly takes a shower, changes and goes to _____, wanting to extract revenge.

 

He comes into the kitchen and surprisingly _____ does not even greet him. He planned on ignoring her and making her feel bad until she groveled for attention and promised never to go shopping with another man but how could he enact his plan if she was ignoring him. He sits on one of the barstools and stares intently at her hoping to catch her attention so he could then reject her. No use, she won’t acknowledge him. This was bugging him.

“Good morning.” He says after a few minutes of silence.

_____ reply was just a nod, she didn’t even look up from her cooking.

Ok. Change of plans. He thought.Be as sweet as possible so she would feel guilty of cheating on him with Yunho, and then she will promise not to go out shopping with him anymore. So he goes back to staring at her but this time instead of glaring at her he gives her a sweet smile.

She was not responding to his smile in the way he wanted. Once she was done cooking she sets some food on a plate and hands it to him without looking at him.

“Thank you.” He smiles at her as he not only grabs his plate but also takes hold of her hand.

She pulls away and goes to puts some food on her plate and eats standing, far from him. As they ate no conversation was going on unlike any other breakfast meals they shared were she would tell him more about their past. She also did not look at him. She just ignored him completely, no matter how hard he gazed at her or how sweetly he smiled at her. This was throwing off Jaejoong’s plan. How could he woo her if she won’t look at him?

“Yah! Why are you ignoring me?!” He shouts at her and slam his utensils angrily on the counter.

In reply, she gave him a cold cold stare.

“Is this one of your female things were you expect me to know what is wrong? I’m not a mind reader.” He pouts.

_____ sighs and resumes eating.

He makes his way to her and cups her cheeks making her look up to him. “Omona! You’ve lost your voice haven’t you?” Jaejoong asked concerned.

“I haven't lost my voice.” She says annoyed and swats his hands from her cheeks.

“Why won’t you talk to me.” He whines as he follows _____ around the kitchen as she starts cleaning up.

“I’m busy go away.”

“Is it about yesterday night? I’m soooorryyyyy. I’m never going to reject you with y lingerie on. I’m sorry. I’m sooorryyyy.” He pleads but still she ignores him. “Is it about Yunho? Look…next time we’ll go shopping for lingerie ok?” he asks as he grabs her shoulder and makes her look at him.

“Go away. I have my period~!” she screams to his face and leaves the kitchen.

“Does that mean you won't go out with Yunho anymore without telling me?” he cries out to her.

“I hate you!”

“Love you too babe.”

 

 

“Aigoo~ Yumi, no. Stop gnawing at daddy’s couch.” Jaejoong cried out pick Yumi up from the couch in his office. This did not bode well with the child. “Aigoo~ Yumi, don’t cry.” He said repeatedly as he rocked Yumi.

On his way out to work, _____ came running to him with Yumi and her bag on tow. “Take your daughter with you to work. Take care of her or else.” She said menacingly and left the two. So now here he was trying to calm down his daughter.

“Do you want to gnaw at daddy’s couch? Will that make you stop crying?” he asked as he looked at the crying baby.

Two men came into the office to witness the scene; one of the most successful businessmen in Korea looking helpless towards his hysterical daughter. “She’s probably hungry. Like this guy here.” Yunho said pointing at Changmin.

“It’s lunch time hyung!” Changmin said defending himself. “Yumi! You’re here! Come to Uncle Changmin.” He said going to Yumi and opening his arms to her. Jaejoong tries to hand Yumi to Changmin but she won’t budge. Instead she started wailing even more powerfully.

“Woah. Were did that set of lungs come from? I’m scared.” Changmin says backing off and going to the couch.

“Yumi…lookie what Uncle Yunho has for you?” Yunho baby talks to the child hoping to gain her interest. Once she looks at him, he dangles in front of her a bottle of milk, which results in Yumi fighting her father’s grasp to go to Yunho. “Hyung let me have her.” Yunho said when he noticed Jaejoong’s deadly grip on Yumi and Yumi starting to pound her little chubby hands on her father’s chest.

“Hyung, give me Yumi.”

“No.” Jaejoong says firmly. “Baby you want milk?” he asks the crying baby.

“I just made this bottle. Just the right temperature.” Yunho shows Jaejoong the bottle which had Yumi clapping happily and reaching for it.

“Give me.” Jaejoong demands.

“No. You give me Yumi.”

“No. Give me the bottle.”

“No. I want to feed Yumi. Yumi come to uncle Yunho.”

“I’m her father, I’ll feed her.”

The scene in front of Changmin was funny he would have been happy just watching his two hyungs fight but he felt bad for Yumi. His two hyungs were so busy bickering they did not even notice changmin slip Yumi off Jaejoong and take the bottle from Yunho’s hands. He sat Yumi on the couch and let her wrestle the milk bottle so he could return to watching his two hyungs act like 10 year olds. His attention in calling for delivery was sidetracked when he noticed a small pink paperbag beside Jaejoong’s desk. His curiousity won and he just had to take a peek. Is that a…*gasp*!  Changmin quickly stuffs the skimpy piece of clothing.

“hi-yongg~” he called out with a mischievous smile.

“What?!” both the older men turned towards him and said simultaneously.

“I meant Jaejoong hyung…you have plans with _____ tonight?” he asks lasciviously and winks. Yunho, in the meantime, decides to go and play with Yumi who has somehow got off the couch and was crawling around.

“What?”

“You plan in making a baby brother for Yumi…yikii~” the younger man continues to tease.

“What? I don’t need a son right now, that Yunho is with _____ all the time. It’s like he is her new son.” Said Jaejoong.

On the other side of the room Yunho was crawling around the room following Yumi. “Hey Yumi. Don’t mess with your Daddy’s stuff.” Yunho reprimands Yumi as she starts digging in the pink paper bag Changmin previously saw. As soon as he finishes the sentence Yumi starts throwing, in every direction, the contents of the bag.

“What the?” Yunho exclaims as one of the garments lands on his head. He pulls it off to reveal a silky short nightgown. “This is _____’s. What’s this doing here?” He says as he holds it up, which has the two previously bickering men look at him and shut up.

The room was enveloped in silence after Yunho’s outburst. Jaejoong was about to go berserk on Yunho while Yumi and Changmin were just wide eyed looking on at the two older men. The silence in the room was broken by Changmin’s grumbling stomach and subsequently Yumi laughing and clapping her hand at the strange noise that emitted from her uncle Changmin’s tummy.

“Let’s head out for lunch.” Yunho says and leads them out to lunch.

“So hyung, why do you have _____’s lingerie with you?” Changmin asked as they made their way to the restaurant across their buildimg. “You miss her that much you have to have her lingerie with you? So .”

“I actually want to return them.” Jaejoong says looking at Yunho who was pushing Yumi’s cart.

“Why? They fit _____ nicely. Don't you like them?” Yunho says casually.

“How do you know they fit _____ well?” Changmin asked.

“She tried them on for him.” Jaejoong says, his words laced with an emotion he does not want to name.

“So why do you want to return them?” Yunho asked. “Don’t you like them? I thought you’d love them.”

“How do you know hyung would like it?” Changmin asks Yunho.

“He picked them out.” Jaejoong says disgustedly.

“So why do you want to return it? Anyways, Fiona’s don’t accept return of merchandise.”

“I don't care, it’s not to the store I plan in returning it anyways.” Jaejoong pauses as they arrive at the restaurant and have the waiter seat them at a table.

“I thought you said you want to return them?” Yunho asked confused.

“I want your house specialty. Please make it quick. What are you guys eating? Tell it to the waiter fast so we can eat already.” Changmin urges his hyungs.

“I’ll have a medium rare steak.” Jaejoong tells the waiter.

“I’ll have what he’s having, and bring us a bottle of your house wine.” Yunho says and waves the waiter off.

“Oh well. surprise surprise. You’ll have what I’m having. You want my life too?” Jaejoong asks irritated.

“What the heck?” Changmin looks at his hyung confused. As the waiter brings them a bottle of wine Changmin tell him to make their order fast, his oldest hyung was going crazy. “Hyung, the waiter will bring food within ten minutes can you wait that long or are you going crazy with hunger already?”

Jaejoong sighed and just shut his mouth until food came.

“So back to _____’s lingerie.” Changmin says, between bites as he tries to break the silence. “Your returning them?”

“Yeh. Yunho pass by my office later, you can keep it all and don’t go shopping with _____ for lingerie anymore.” Jaejoong says seriously.

“Ahhh…so this is what it’s all about. You’re jealous.” He tells Jaejoong and then turns to Yunho and says “If you go female lingerie shopping, call me.” His last statement earned him a swat on his head from both his hyungs.

“One, Yunho is not going lingerie shopping with _____ again and two, I am not jealous.” He stresses the last part.

“Yeah right. You’re not jealous and I’m never hungry.” Changmin scoffs at his hyung.

“I’m not jealous! Do I look like I’m jealous?” he says as he throws his fork on his plate crosses his arms “I’m not! I’m just….worried! Yes. Worried.”

“Worried I’ll take _____ away from you?” Yunho says smugly to Jaejoong which shocks Changmin and Jaejoong.

“I…uh…no. I’m just…worried you’ll play with _____. Yunho don’t. But if you like her then I’ll support you. _____ can be quite naïve. Don’t play with her. If you like her, just tell me. I’ll even put in a good word for you.” He tells Yunho, pats his shoulders and then turns to Changmin. “See I’m not jealous. Jealous. Puft.” He scoffs and then takes several gulps of his wine while the youngest man just rolls his eyes at his childish hyung.

“I like her.” Yunho says out of the blue. Changmin’s hand stops midair, his pasta inches from his mouth. He could not believe Yunho just said that.

“Ok…well. Treat her well.” Jaejoong flashes him big smile and tries to resume eating but somehow there was a lump on his throat. “I have to go.” He leaves a few banknotes, and leaves the restaurant with a sleeping Yumi.

Changmin who has been in shock and was not able to eat anymore just stared at a calm Yunho.

“What is wrong with you hyung?”

“Nothing is wrong with me. What is wrong with you? For once, you’re not shoving food down your throat.”

“You just admitted to having hidden desires for _____. What the hell?!” He asks totally perplexed.

“Hidden desires? I believe that honesty is the best policy.” Yunho smiles at the dumbfound Changmin and resumes eating.

 

*****

 

 

 

hello everyone!

I updated...obviously. I'm quite content with this chapter. kinda.

Umm..i tried to do all your "request".

Yumi and Changmin are here in this chap. yahoo~!

Sorry about the bogus update i posted yesterday night. hahaha.

Well anyways. that's all. I'm gonna go reply to your lovely comments now.

 

 

take care you all

-me