chapter thirty

Lost Memories

chapter thirty

 

 

 

*At St. Jude’s hospital*

“I think she’s just drunk. She came home quite intoxicated and before sleeping she did puke.” Jaejoong explained to the doctor Song who was reviewing _____’s case.

“How many times has she puked?”

“She puked a large amount prior to going to bed and she might have been puking before I found her lying on the floor. Is she ok?” Jaejoong asked concerned.

“She seems to be in much more pain than simple intoxication. She has been complaining of stomach aches at cramping. Correct? These are symptoms of food poisoning. We’ll run some test now and see if this is so. By chance you know what she consumed for dinner? The doctor asked.

“I’ll ask my friend who had dinner with her.” Jaejoong replied and fished his phone from his pocket. “Yunho, hey, it’s Jaejoong. What did _____ have for dinner? She’s not feeling well. The doctor thinks it might be because of something she ate. She ate clams? Maybe those are the problem. I’ll tell the doctor thank you. Yeh? Oh, we’re at St. Jude hospital. There’s no need for you to come here. Bye.” Jaejoong quickly bid Yunho goodbye and relied the information Yunho gave him to the doctor.

“We’ll test for food poisoning and hopefully we can treat her asap.” The doctor told him and left.

 

*an hour later*

“Hey. Is _____ ok?” Yunho asked as he approached Jaejoong in the hospital waiting room.

“What the hell are you doing here? I told you to stay away.” Jaejoong replied coldly.

“Whatever. This isn’t about us. It’s about _____. Can we just act civil?”

“Whatever.” Jaejoong replied looking away.

“_____?”

“They’re pumping her stomach. She ate some bad clams. Plus she ingested quite an amount of alcohol.”

“I told her not to eat those things.” Yunho said frustratedly. “And whoses great idea was it to drink all that alcohol. Aish.” He sighed and proceeded to sit beside Jaejoong.

“Don't you know that you don’t bring a girl out drinking for a date?” Jaejoong hissed at him.

“Whatever. Don't blame me for making _____ want to drink.” Yunho said looking at him intently.

“What did I do this time?!” Jaejoong asked confused.

“You stupid.” Yunho said under his breath.

“Yeah I am stupid. Stupid for even letting you come near my wife. She’s my wife you ! I can’t believe I called you my friend. And here you are, taking my wife out for a date.”

“Did you just call _____, you’re wife?” Yunho asked cautiously.

“Yes. She’s my wife.” Jaejoong replied nonchalantly. “So I’d really appreciate it if you would stay away from her. Yunho I know I told you that I’d support you if you want _____, and that I’d even help you but I can’t. I’m sorry. I can't give you my blessing. I told you I'd be happy for you guys but I won’t be. I don't want my wife to end up with my bestfriend. No effing way.” He says angrily.

“I like – ”

“I know you like _____. But she’s -”

“Your wife?”

“Yeh.”

“Hear me out ok. Don’t interrupt. I like _____. I love _____. Just like Yoochun and Junsu and Changmin love _____. _____’s my friend, one of the most important females in my life. It hurt us to know that she hurt because of you. We know just how jealous you were, so when we noticed that you were getting jealous of my close relation with _____, I just rolled with it.”

“What about the lingerie shopping.”

“We bumped into each other and I thought it’d be fun to help her shopping. We found a lingerie boutique and I admit, I dragged her in there, but I never asked her to show me how she looked in them! She told me ‘it’s not like you never saw me wearing a bikini…blahblahblah’” he tried to imitate _____’s feminine voice “By the way…waw! Wasn’t she y?” he teased his hyung.

“Stop making me feel jealous. What about the SPA resort. Why did you ask her to go with you for the weekend? And what was the ‘you and Yumi are all the women I need’ ? Stay away from my daughter. She’s too young for you.” Jaejoong said half kiddingly half menacingly.

“She and Yumi and my mom are the only women I need right now. I’m not looking to start a relationship now. I asked her to the SPA because I thought it would relax her and it would be fun.”

“What about the date tonight?”

“That was not a date. She got lost somehow and called me to pick her up.”

“Why didn’t she call me?” Jaejoong asked,the jealous monster in him starting to wake up once more. “Are you sure you two aren’t going behind my back.”

“Aish this hyung! Tonight was not a date. I picked her up and was supposed to bring her home immediately but she suggested we go eat dinner and then she started drinking. She didn’t call you because the reason why she was drinking was you.”

“I love her!” he cried out frustratedly. “If she was home then she would know now!”

“She was upset because you asked for a – ”

“Mr. Kim.” A nurse called for Jaejoong’s attention from behind the two men. “Hi, I am the attending nurse to your wife. We just finished the procedure and we are transferring her to a room on the sixth floor, room 601. You may wait for her to wake up there. But do keep quiet, she needs to recover.” The nurse informed then then left.

“I’m going to check of _____. Why don’t you go home. I know you have an important meeting early in the morning.” Jaejoong patted Yunho’s shoulder and quickly left before the younger man could say anything else.

 

 

*Later that morning*

It was already ten o’clock and _____ was still sleeping while Jaejoong was watching the TV in the room when he heard a knock.

“Jaejoong” his mother came through the door. “Hey, how’s _____?” Kyoung-mi whispered as she approached the couple with a sleeping Yumi in her arms.

“Umma, hi. How did you know we were here?” He wondered since he didn’t call his parents. He didn’t want to alarm them.

“I went by your house but noone answered. I went to your neighbor who usually babysits, I though _____ might be running some errands but then she tells me _____ was hospitalized. So I took Yumi and here I am. How is she?”

“She’s sleeping. She got food poisoning and drank too much alcohol.” He replied as he stood to give his mom the chair he was sitting on and proceeded to take Yumi, which woke her up. “Hey princess. Did you sleep well? Jaejoong asked as he jostled her and made her giggled.

But then she spots her mother’s sleeping figure. “mmmm-A! mmmm-a!” She said and stretched her chubby arms towards her mother, but she got no response, which did not sit well with her. “MMMAAAAAAA~!!” she cried out.

“oh no baby. Don’t cry. Come with appa. Let’s go look at other babies.” He tried to calm down Yumi as he left the room to calm the Yumi and let _____ continue resting.

“Hey _____. How are you.” Kyoung-mi asked the sleeping figure.

“A little better.” _____ replied as she opened her eyes.

“Holy crap!” she cried out in surprise “Child don’t do that again!! You scared 10 years out of me. Oh my!” Kyoung-mi said trying to calm her racing heart.

“Sorry.” _____ apologized and looked around her. “Where am I?”

“St. Jude’s. You drank too much and you ate something bad.”

“Ugh! Stupid clams.” _____ replied as she looked at the IV drip and the tubes connected to her.

“I’ll go call Jaejoong. He’ll be glad you’re ok.” Kyoung-mi said and moved to find Jaejoong.

“Wait. I need to talk to you.”

 

*that afternoon*

 

“Good afternoon _____. I am doctor Song.” The doctor greeted as he entered the room that afternoon ti check on _____. Jaejoong and Yumi followed the doctor and nurse in. “How are you feeling?”

“my stomach feels upset. A little weak. I slept pretty much the whole day.” She replied. After

“Well that is all normal. You actually recovered very fast. Thankfully you were brought here immediately. We’ll have you in the IV for the rest of the day and then you’ll just have to take some medicine.

“So can I leave after?” _____ asked “I’m not comfortable in a hospital. Not that your hospital is horrible, in fact it’s very nice but – ”

“I understand. I would prefer if you stayed in the hospital for the rest of the week. You need complete rest and peace. Staying home with a child to take care of is not ideal. Especially with her set of lungs. I could hear her scream from the nurse’s station.” He laughed.

“If you’re uncomfortable with Yumi we can always ask Mom to look after Yumi.” Jaejoong piped in.

However, _____ ignored him. “I asked my mother-in law if I could move in with her for a week or so until I recover.” _____ told the doctor. “Is that ok? She told me I can just eat and sleep. Pretty much be a pig.” _____ smiled at the doctor.

“I guess that’ll work. But for now let’s just finish the IV and see how you are afterwards. I’ll check up on you again tonight.” The doctor said and left. Followed by the nurse.

“You talked with umma?” Jaejoong asked once the doctor left. “Why didn't you tell me you planned to stay with them when you get discharged. You can stay home. My parents would love to spend time with Yumi. I would prefer if you stayed home so I can take care of you.” Jaejoong said and held her hand.

_____ shook off his hand and called for Yumi “Yumi come to umma.” _____ said as she reached for Yumi.

But Jaejoong held Yumi away “Make space for us. I’m pretty sure we can fit in that huge bed.” Jaejoong flirted.

“I asked for Yumi only.” _____ said trying to be indifferent to Jaejoong, but she couldn’t. She never could resist Jaejoong’s smile. So she decided to just ignore him. “I’m going to sleep.” She stated and turned giving Jaejoong her back.

“Sweet dreams.” Jaejoong said kissed _____’s head.

 

 

*a few days later*

 

“_____, come home please.” Jaejoong said trying to persuade _____.

Him and _____ just came from their house so _____ could pack a bag of clothers and essentials to bring to Jaejoong’s parents’ house. He wanted nothing more than to turn the car around and drive back to their place. He was planning a beautiful meal (well, Jaejoong would cook for himself, _____ could only eat soup or porrige) for them back at home and he planned to tell her he loved her and give her a romantic night and then they’d make peace and then they’d make love sweet love. He had to persuade her home.

“I can’t. Your parents are waiting for me.” She said as she looked outside the car.

Over the past days, _____ has been trying to be cold towards Jaejoong, but he kept being attentive to her needs and caring ad always there. She needed to get away from him. They arrived at the house and Jaejoong was still pleading with her.

“_____, seriously. I’m not taking your bag from the trunk. I’m not letting you out of this car.” Jaejoong said once they pulled by his parent’s house.

_____ simply clicked the button to unlock the doors and got out of the vehicle. She made her way to the trunk and attempted to get her luggage.

“Aish this wifey!” He exclaimed as he observed _____ trying to get the heavy luggage. “Why did you have to pack so much? It’s not like you’re staying here forever. How much clothes do you need huh?” Jaejoong said as he took the luggage out.

“You never know.” _____ said and made her way to the front of the house.

They were greeted by a stoic Kyoung-mi and Taehyun.

“Hi. Thank you for letting me stay.” _____ said as she came face to face with her in-laws.

“Come in.” Kyoung-mi said and entered followed by her husband.

“Ooohhh. Look at my parents.” Jaejoong whispered at _____. “They don’t look very happy that you’re staying here. Let’s just go home.”

_____ simply shook her head and followed her in-laws inside.

 

* * *

 

Weee~ update!

So many things happened!

 

I just wanted to say sorry to all of those who started to ship _____/you x Yunho.

Originally, i didn't plan in making Yunho a rival of Jaejoong, simply because,

Yunho's too nice. He wouldn't do that to Jaejoong.

 

But there was a time when i started thinking...

hmmm, maybe it would be cool for an alternative ending. hahaha.

 

Anyways...i hope you guys enjoyed the update, 

-me