chapter twelve

Lost Memories

 

 

Chapter twelve.

 

_____ opened the door to their house to find Jaejoong at its doorsteps. Before she could even greet him he pushes her aside and walks straight to the livingroom. He looks around and asks _____ bluntly “Where is she?...Yumi”

“She’s sleeping right now; taking her afternoon nap as usual. She’ll be awake in a bit, she usually is.” A still shocked _____ replies. A few minutes pass in silence as Jaejoong crouches down to examine the various toys spread in the living room on the child’s playing station.

“Can I wait for her to wake up? I want to see her.” He uttered the first sentences which were not laced with attitude but with a pleading tone.

“Certainly, in the meantime would you like some tea or coffee?”

“Coffee would be great thank you.”

_____ left Jaejoong at the livingroom while she went to prepare their drinks. _____ was shocked to see her husband in their livingroom but happy at the same time. It seems as if Jaejoong is finally accepting the fact that his family is not Shae but her. She returns to the livingroom to find Jaejoong looking at some pictures of Yumi which were displayed on the walls.

“She’s pretty.” Jaejoong commented.

“Yes she is. We did well.” _____ said and set a tray with 2 cups of coffee and some snacks on the table. _____ sat at one  end of the couch while Jaejoong sat on the other end. They quietly sipped their coffee as they waited for Yumi to wake up.

 

…awkward silence….

 

“_____ – ” Jaejoong started to say but was interrupted by _____ gasping in surprise.

“You called me _____. Not, her. Not, she-who-must-not-be-here. Not, that person. _____. You called me _____.” She said surprised but seeing Jaejoong stare at her made her compose herself once more. “Please go on.”

“I’m not going to deny this anymore. I understand that Yumi is my daughter. And obviously I couldn’t have done it on my own, so obviously there is a mother. Another obvious point is that Shae is not the mother. What I’m trying to say is that I’m sorry for doubting you and calling you ugly names. I’m sorry for disrespecting you.”

“Thank you Jae.” _____ says as she hugs him.

“But there is something I want to talk about.” He says as he breaks the embrace. “Yes you and I are…married and we do have a daughter. _____,” he says and picks her hands and holds them in his, “I’m happy – ”

“So am I hubby.” _____ says and smiles but Jaejoong shook his head and continues “What I’m trying to say is, I’m happy…with my life now. With the people I am with now. _____ I’m sorry I can’t remember you, I wish I could but I think…I believe this is a twist of fate for Shae and I to have a second – ”

_____ broke away from Jaejoong’s grasp and turned her back to him. She quickly wiped her eyes and told him “I can’t let you go Jae, not even if I die. I can’t. I’m sorry. If it’s fate for you and Shae then I will go against destiny and fight for you.”

“_____, it’s been one month since I woke up from the hospital – ”

“No! You can’t tell me you don’t remember me!” _____ stood up and started pacing to and fro in front of Jaejoong and she kept ranting in a really LOUD voice “How can you when everytime I try to talk to you, you push me away! You don’t try to remember me! I can’t stop fighting for you, for us! Jae we made a freaking vow. You can’t – ”

Jaejoong shushed her and went towards the room where a child’s cry were coming from. _____ followed him and saw Jaejoong rocking Yumi.

“A-Prrrrrraaaa” Yumi gurgled and smacked her hands on her daddy’s cheeks.

“Beat appa up Yumi.” _____ said and took a hand Yumi and smacked it against Jaejoong’s cheeks which had the two females in the room giggling.

 

“Appa was a bad boy wasn’t he baby?”

A baby giggled and blew a raspberry at the man.

 

“Jae? Jae are you ok?” _____ asked as she softly shook Jaejoong.

“Apwaaaa~” And Yumi started crying.

“Sorry baby. Don’t cry. Don’t cry.” And he started singing and after which had Yumi clapping her small hands. She then proceeded to rest her head on her daddy’s chest and contently the pacifier her mother gave her.

“You remember her lullaby?” _____ said in wonder as she followed her husband and daughter to the livingroom

“I did? What did I sing?” He asked and sat on the couch, contently watching her daughter her pacifier. _____ took advantage of the peaceful ambiance and laid her head on the Jaejoong’s shoulder and enjoyed the familiar feeling of being with her family.

“_____, don’t get to comfortable. Us three…this is just because of Yumi.”

“Don’t get to comfortable with Shae. Because once you remember us…” she patted the couch “This couch will become your best friend.”

“Hahaha, really?” Jaejoong laughed.

“Yes. I’m going to make you suffer so much when you finally remember me.” _____ said smugly.

“ohh..., I like.”

“I know you do. Don’t worry Jae, when you remember and after I make you suffer, I’ll find the courage to wear that barely-there negligee you bought me.” she patted his head and laughed which had Jaejoong smiling.

The silence that ensued was no longer one that filled with awkwardness but one which was more content and serene, and when talk arose between the two, they were civil with each other, an unsaid pact to be friends with each other was formed.

Evening came and Jaejoong finally had to return home.

“You can stay here if you like. Maybe it’ll help you remember.” _____ says as she walks Jaejoong to the door.

“No way. You'll just make my sleep on the couch.” He teased. “I’ll be back soon if that’s ok.”

“Sure. Come visit anytime.”

 

 

* * * *

Yay!

Baby steps guys...baby steps. At least they’re friends now right?

Happy Chapter on the next update. I think the other members will make a special appearance to make up for my lack of happy chapters. :)