Chapter thirteen

Lost Memories

Hey guys! As i said...happy chapter! yay me! plus it's pretty long, at least for my standards.

please enjoy.

 

 

 

Chapter thirteen

 

--two weeks later—

There was a small dinner gathering at the Kim (Jaejoong’s parents) residence, Jaejoong’s family, _____ and Yumi, the 4 closest friends and Shae were all there. In these two weeks that have past, _____ and Jaejoong have become more friendly towards each other. Jaejoong has been regularly visiting Yumi and spending quality time with her. _____ is still trying to help Jaejoong remember his past, though Jaejoong is still only thinking of his present with Shae. _____ left Yumi with her uncles (aka the remaing 4 of dbsk) while she was helping Kyoung-mi with cooking some last minute dishes.

“It was hilarious.” _____ and Kyoung-mi laughed. “It was just like the first time Jaejoong had to change Yumi’s diaper. You should have seen his face.” _____ imitated Jaejoong’s disgusted face. “He insisted on changing her diaper but when it was actually time to open the fully loaded diaper he turned to stone.” The two females laughed as _____ told different stories of how Jaejoong was rediscovering fatherhood.

“He didn’t change much. He still loves her and he’s an amazing dad.” _____ said with pride. “He’s remembering stuff Omeoni. He remembers Yumi’s lullaby, which is thankful because anytime I would sing Yumi would just cry harder.”

“Too bad he doesn’t remember how to change a diaper right?” Kyoung-mi teased. “What about you guys?”

“We…we’re working on it.” _____ said as she took a sip of water. “At least we’re cordial with each other. We’re friends?”

“We should just have told Jaejoong about you and Yumi immediately. We should never have brought Shae in the equation.” Kyoung-mi said as she looked at Jaejoong and Shae through the glass door leading to the backyard. “I asked Shae what she was doing here; why is she still with Jaejoong. She told me that this was his wish. So I told Jae that I would never accept Shae in this family. _____ you’re my only daughter-in law. And that’s final.”

_____ smiled at Kyoung-mi’s attempts to cheer her up.

“Omona! I forgot! Otteoke?” Kyoung-mi says as she suddenly remembers something. “The cake! I forgot the cake! I ordered this cake by the bakery, what should I do?” Kyoung-mi said stressing out.

“Omeoni, I’ll ask the guys to go get it for you.” _____ said. She tasted the food and turned off the stove. “Go relax or change yourself, have fun. It’s your party.” _____ said.

 

- -

“Hyung! Let me have Yumi, you’ve been hogging her all day long. I want to play with her too.” Junsu complained.

“Yah! Yumi isn't a toy to play with. Here play with this.” Changmin replies and hands Junsu one of Yumi’s toys. “Hyung! I want to hold Yumi.” Changmin said towards Yunho who was carrying Yumi while Yoochun was making faces at her.

“Yah! I’m not a baby, I don’t want to play with this.” Junsu returned the toy to Changmin and went back to pleading for some time with Yumi. “Hyung! I want to hold Yumi!!! I want I want I want!!!”

“And I want you to go pick up a cake.” _____ said as she entered the chaotic living room. “Omeoni ordered a cake at the bakery some minutes from here. Could you please go get it.”

“Ok. Hyung go get the cake, I’ll take care of Yumi.” Junsu said “Yumi, come to Uncle Junsu.” Junsu said as he opened his arms for Yumi, but Yumi wouldn't leave Yunho’s arms.

“Move. Yumi, come to Uncle Changmin.” Changmin said after pushing Junsu aside. Yumi still won’t bulge.

“You guys, Go get the cake before the bakery closes.” _____ says as she moves to get _____ from Yunho but Yumi would not leave.

“We’ll get the cake.” Yoochun said pertaining to the three of them, leaving _____, Yumi and Yunho in the living room.

Yunho went to sit on the floor in front the sofa so they could recline on it. Yunho outstretched his legs and made Yumi stand up on his lap. “Waaa~!” Yunho said making faces at Yumi which had Yumi looking at Yunho strangely and _____ bursting into tears from laughing so hard.. “Wae? What you laughing at?” Yunho said looking at _____.

“What is that? That face?” _____ said and imitated Yunho. “You’re confusing Yumi. She doesn’t know whether to laugh or cry.” She blew a raspberry at her daughter which had Yumi stomping her little feet on Yunho’s lap and giggling.

The two proceeded at playing with Yumi. _____ kept making faces and noises besides Yunho. Her faces only inches away from his. At a certain point Yunho started the music and made Yumi dance on his lap.

“Now Yumi. You are going to learn how to dance even before you can walk from the best dancer in this world.” He held Yumi by her waist and moved her to and fro making the baby giggle and gurgle at him and at the laughing mother.

“Jaejoong oppa?” Shae whispered at a stoic Jaejoong. Yep. All this time Jaejoong was looking at the trio in the living room from a distance. He came in the living room after hearing all the chaos that was Junsu and Changmin’s bickering. He wanted to join in Yunho and _____’s playing with Yumi but somehow he was grounded on the spot.

“Huh?” He came out from his trance and looked at Shae and then back at _____ which had him frowning and glaring at Yunho.

“Oppa. If you glare at _____ anymore she’ll melt.” She said mistaking Jaejoong’s actions. She went beside him and hugged him.

“I…I…I was just thinking.” Jaejoong said. He shook her his head once more and returned Shae’s embrace. “I was just thinking that maybe we should start working on making a ‘Yumi’ too.” He says nonchalantly but strong enough for all to hear.

Yunho and _____ looked back to find that Jaejoong was the one who did indeed say those words. Shae giggles in embarrassment as the attention shifted from Yumi to her. _____ was in shock, and so was Yunho. He was in such a shock Jaejoong would say that in the presence of  _____ that he loosened his grip on Yumi, which had her scrambling for balance. Unfortunately, this led to Yumi stepping, and pretty hard too, on Yunho’s..uhmmm, groin.

“Omo, are you ok.” Instinctively she reaches for the injured body part only to have her hand snatched away from Jaejoong.

“Yah! You touch other people’s groin that easily?” He yells. He scoots between _____ and an injured Yunho. “Good baby.” Jaejoong whispered to Yumi as he took her from Yunho and gave her a kiss.

“I’ll go get you some ice Yunho.” _____ said as she looked pitifully at Yunho who was still withering in pain.

“Here’s the ice _____.” Shae handed _____ a towel with some ice cubes in them.

“Yunho stay still.” _____ said as she tried to make the withering Yunho sit still on the couch. “This might be cold.” She told him as she was about to put the ice pack on his groin.

“Again with the groin touching.” Jaejoong grips _____’s wrist midair, “You want to freeze his off? He can massage his pain by himself.” He said as he balanced Yumi on one arm and holding _____’s wrist on the other hand. “Grow up man. It can’t hurt that bad.” He said and pulled _____ and Yumi to the garden

 

- -

 

“Hey _____.” Yunho said as he approached mother and daughter on the couch. After the Yumi-kicking-Yunho incident, Jaejoong pretty much kept _____ and Yumi by his side, which ticked of Shae. And with dinner over, they were now in the kitchen bickering, leaving _____ and Yumi alone in the living room.

“Hey Yunho, nice to see that you can walk normally again.” _____ says as Yunho seats himself beside her on the sofa and switches the TV on.

“Yeh. Just a small piece of advice, don’t put ice on a man’s groin.” Yunho says and looks at Yumi. “You little monster.”

“Haha sorry. I believe in the curative effects of ice. Haha.” _____ laughed.

“Why would _____ put ice on your groin hyung?” Yoochun asked as he walked in the room and picked Yumi up.

“Yumi kicked Yunho, between his legs.” _____ says seriously.

“Hey hyung! It’s my turn to hold Yumi.” Junsu cries out as he barges in the living room followed by Changmin. “Me me me! Yumi come to uncle Junsu.”

Yoochun pretty much shoves Yumi towards Junsu and goes to the opposite side of the couch, while Junsu takes up Yumi’s seat, which is to _____’s right, and starts playing with Yumi. “_____, putting ice on an injured groin won’t cure it. It’ll just be cold and hurt then.” Says Yoochun.

“What’s up with all the groin talking? Did you hit Jaejoong hyung while you two were working on a baby brother for Yumi?” Changmin winks at _____ and receives a hit on the head by Jaejoong who just walked in the living room.

“Hey no talking around my daughter.” Jaejoong says. “It just that Yumi doesn’t like when other men are near her umma. She hit Yunho…hard.” Jaejoong says and looks at Junsu’s crotch.

“Yah! Hyung! Don’t look at it!” Junsu says and lifts Yumi far from his crotch. “You little monster…go to your appa. Kick him next time.” Junsu says and hands Yumi over to Jaejoong, who then seats himself by _____ as Junsu gets up from his seat.

“Kyoung-mi, thank you for dinner, I’ll be going now.” Shae said as she moved from the kitchen to the living room in order to leave the house. “It was nice spending time with you guys, _____, Yumi. I’ll be leaving now.” She says her goodbye’s. Jaejoong promptly passes Yumi to Changmin, who was seated to his right (note: did you guys get how they are seated? _____ in the middle, to her left there is Yunho followed by Yoochun. To her right there was Yumi, then replaced by Junsu then replaced by Jaejoong, followed by Changmin. Hope the clears that up. Ignore this is it’s confusing) and follows Shae to the doorway.

“Shae, I’m sorry about before. I didn’t mean to ignore you I guess I just wanted to pass some time with my daughter. I’m sorry. Peace?” He asks as he opens the door for her.

“Peace.” She says and gives him a quick kiss on the lips.

“Excuse me.” _____ interrupts them. “You forgot you’re sweater.”

“Thank you.” Shae reaches out for the garment but _____ wouldn’t hand it over.

“Jae, why don’t you go back inside, I’ll Shae to her car.”

“Yes ma’am.” He says waves bye to Shae one last time before the two women made their way to Shae’s parked car.

“Here’s my car. Thank you for walking me to it. Can you let go of my sweater now?” Shae asks as she tugs the sweater from _____’s hold. “You want to talk? That’s why you’re here.” Shae says as she stops stops trying to pry the sweater from a silent _____.

“Let’s stop this Shae. Obviously, Jaejoong now acknowledges that he’s a father and he did acknowledge that obviously I’m the mother. He knows we are married. Let’s stop pretending otherwise. When we first started, you told me you would help us, help him remember. Taking my husband away from me was not part of the deal.” _____ says angrily.

Shae looks back at _____ angrily. “I took your husband away? I?! No, you took him away from me.”

“Did a car hit you too? What is wrong with you?”

“I told you, there are things about our relationship you do not know about. I warned you. I…I rally wanted to help you but then I realized that I wanted, needed to help Jaejoong more, and the more time I spent with him I couldn’t help my self.” She said honestly and looked at the pavement.

“Shae, he’s my – ”

“Husband. I know I know. But maybe this is fate’s way of giving us a second chance. Maybe its fate’s way of giving me back what’s rightfully mine.”

“What are you saying?”

“Do you know why Jaejoong and I aren’t together anymore? It was because I went to study abroad. We promised to wait for each other and after I got my undergrad degree, I planned to comeback but I was offered a scholarship for a master’s degree in an elite Ivy school. I couldn’t turn it down. Then I learned that you two got married and then got married and had a child. You took him away from me. We were supposed to get married, have children and live happily ever after. You took all that away.” Shae took a deep breath, calmed herself and continued her speech. “Maybe this is how it’s supposed to be. Maybe he and I are really destined to be together and maybe that’s why he can’t remember you, because he knows that I should his wife. I’m sorry _____. I tried, we all tried making him remember that you’re his wife, his love.” She opened the car door and got inside.

_____ stopped the door from closing and looked Shae in the eye. “He loves me.”

“If you say it enough times, maybe it’ll come true.”

“I’ll fight you for him.”

“Bring it on.”