chapter eleven

Lost Memories

 

Chapter eleven.

 

“Hey son. You’re back early.” Kyoung-mi greets a frowning Jaejoong as he passes Kyoung-mi to reach his room. Silence in the house was broken by loud noises coming from Jaejoong’s room.

“….What’s wrong?” Kyoung-mi enters Jaejoong’s room to find it turned upside with papers, clothes bedsheets scattered all over the floors of the room and everything breakable seems to be broken.

“I’m a father?”  Jaejoong asks as he sat on the floor with a dumbfound expression on his face.

“You remember! Oh thank goodness!” Kyoung-mi says as she went to hug her son.

“No. I don’t remember! I don’t remember anything!” a frustrated Jaejoong breaks from his mother’s embrace and moves to another corner of the room. “Yunho let it slip and that…person, _____, she said I have a daughter, Yumi. Is this true?” He looks back to his mother. “If it’s true then why are there no pictures of her in my room. She says I love my daughter, I can’t remember her umma.” A panic stricken Jaejoong asked.

Kyoung-mi quickly left the room to get some photo albums. She sat on the bed and invited Jaejoong to sit beside her.

“The doctor told us to ease information in you. In other words we were to start introducing or reintroducing you to family members, childhood friends, university friends and colleagues. Because you thought you and Shae were still going out, it was best that Shae talk to you more about your break out and help you come to terms that it’s 2010 and not 2004. We also hoped that she, along with the guys’ help, would slowly ease into your memory the thoughts of your family. ” Kyoung-mi opened the photobook to show a picture of Jaejoong and _____ in their wedding outfits. “This was taken after your wedding ceremony. Do you remember?”

Jaejoong sadly shook his head. He took the fotobook from his mother and flipped through the pages. The pictures were of the newly weds and the celebration. Two photos came loose. One was a picture of himself, happy, with his arms around a laughing _____. He look behind the picture the words ‘Kim Jaejoong and _____, July 12 2008.’ The other picture that took his attention was a picture of a smiling _____. Behind the pictures the a familiar handwriting greeted him ‘Mr. & Mrs. Kim Jaejoong’

 

 

“You’re really mine.” A man says in awe.

A woman giggles and replies “But more importantly, you are mine Kim Jaejoong - not even death will do us part."

"Promise?"

 

 

He shook his head trying to get the voices out of his head. “Umma, I didn’t ask about _____. I want to talk about my daughter.” He then set the wedding photo book aside.

Kyoung-mi handed him a scrapbook. “_____ made this for me and your father. It’s a small diary of her pregnancy. The conditions of the baby throughout the pregnancy, pictures of the ultrasound. And this is one of the many photbooks we have of Yumi.” Look at them, hopefully you’ll remember something.” Kyoung-mi kissed Jaejoong’s forehead and left.

 

* * * * *

 

Hey guys!

 

So! I promised last time that the next update would have been a bit happier, I guess i was lying - sorry. It was supposed to be happier but this time i swear SWEAR that the next update will be happier hopefully. Ugh.