chapter 33

Lost Memories

 

Chapter thirty-three

 

 

-At the hospital-

_____ was rushed at the ER of St. Jude's hospital. Jaejoong would not leave _____’s unresponsive side no matter what. Even while the doctor was taking samples of blood, Jaejoong was right beside her, holding her hand tightly, well, he went kinda limp seeing the doctor draw blood from _____ so he excused himself and called his mother to alert her of the happenings. Once he returned. the examinations were complete and a room was made available, _____ was transferred to a private room in the hospital.

“Hey wifey. Wake up. You’re scaring me. You can’t leave me now that I love you. You can’t. You can’t leave me now.” Jaejoong he clutched _____’s hand tightly in his.

“Jaejoong, son. Hi. We came imidiately after your call." Kyoung-mi said as she entered the room with Yumi. "How's she doing?" Kyoung-mi asked as she handed Yumi to Jaejoong.

"The doctors and nurses just finished getting blood samples and checking her vitals." He shrugged.

"Go get something to eat, some coffee. And go to Yumi, she’s with your father at the canteen.” Kyoung-mi said as she entered the room.

“I don’t want to leave her mom. I can’t”

“Go before you collapse. You need some food or at least some caffeine in your body.” She says from a distance; distraught at the sight of her son looking miserable.

“I’ll be back soon my wifey. Don’t go anywhere.” He whispers to her and kisses her lightly on the lips. “Mom, call me immediately if she wakes up.” He tells her and once she nods, he leaves the room.

Kyoung-mi watched his son leave the room, and sighed. Life was unfair. How could the almighty struck her family twice? She turned to _____ to find her with a serene aura around him. “_____? Can you hear me. You have to wake up, for Jaejoong.”

 

-20 minutes later-

“Hi mom. I’m back.” Jaejoong says as he enters the room back.

“Hi. Where's Yumi?" Kyoung-mi noticed Jaejoong entering alone.

"She's with Yunho and Junsu. The're waiting outside with dad." He replied as he looked at _____'s still body.

"I'll go to them and let you have time with _____. Just talk to her, that’s what she did to you then. I'm sure she hears you.” She kissed his cheek and left them alone.

“Wifey. I’m back. Will you wake up now.” Jaejoong asked _____ as he once again resumed his spot back beside _____’s bed. He held _____’s hand and continued talking. “I’m sorry. About these past few months. I promise, once you wake up I’ll always cook you breakfast, waffles. I promise I’ll never look at another woman. Please wake up _____. You can’t leave me and Yumi. I’m sorry wifey. I’m sorry I forgot you but most of all I’m sorry I tried to forget you. I’m stupid. I’m arrogant. I got too much pride. Which husband would forget his family? His wife and child? I didn’t want to admit that. I’m really sorry. Please wake up. I can’t lose you now, I love you.” He says as tears fall down his cheeks. “I love you.” He whispers helplessly over and over as if a mantra.

In the midst of him professing his love, he felt _____’s hand slip from his and a hand wipe the tears from his cheeks. 

“_____ ! You’re awake! Oh my! Thank you Lord.” He cries to the heavens above as he crushes her to him in a tight embrace. “I was so scared _____ , so scared. I’m sorry, so so sorry.” He said as he lightly kissed the top of her head repeatedly.

“Let me go.” She said weakly as she feebly pushed against his chest.

“Sorry, did I cut your air off? I’m sorry _____.” He said laughingly as he let go of _____ . “You feel better?” he asked as he caressed _____  happily.

_____ looked at him scared, she took his hands away from her and asked “Who are you?”

“oh no. oh no no no no baby no. No it’s me your hubby Jaejoong.” He says desperately as he cups her cheeks. “It’s me. It’s your husband.” He says as he looks in her eyes.

“You’re not my husband. Where’s Yunho? I want my Yunho. Yunho!! Yunho!!” she cried out.

“I’m your husband, no one else. Me!” he says forcefully as he shakes _____ by the shoulder. “_____  I love you. And you love Me. Do you understand? Me. And I’ll be damned if I let you even think for one second that you and Yunho will ever be.” He said angrily.

_____ blinks rapidly and laughs. “I’m sorry Omeoni. I can’t do this.” She said between laughter. “Sorry hubby. Let there be peace.” She laughs at a perplexed Jaejoong.

“Goodafternoon Mrs. Kim.” The Doctor says as she enters the room. So far, Jaejoong was still in a frozen state. He was totally confused by the hapenings.

“Well Mrs. Kim, results have shown that you are in perfect condition. Well, 96% good condition. You fainted due to hunger. And because of your anemia, your also low on blood sugar thus you are still a little weak. For the next days just rest and eat healthily and you’ll be good as new. You can be discharged now. I'll just sign your release papers.” The doctor tells them and leaves the room, leaving a smiling _____ and a still frozen on the spot Jaejoong.

“What…the…hell?” Jaejoong slowly asks _____ , trying to maintain his temper low.

“well…”

 

*flashback*

“_____? Can you hear me. You have to wake up, for Jaejoong.” Kyoung-mi said as she sat beside _____.

"Omeoni." _____ said in her normal voice.

"_____ you're awake!" Kyoung-mi said surprised.

"Shhhh. Omeoni, keep your voice down." _____ whispered.

"Are you ok?" Kyoung-mi asked and _____ nodded. "You scared us! What happened?"

"I think i fainted from hunger." she replied sheepishly.

"I told you to eat breakfast." Kyoung-mi reprimanded her.

"I was feeling queasy. Today Attorney Sakurai was to bring Jaejoong the papers for the divorce and child custody. I wasn't up to eating." she shied away.

"But how did you end up being here if you fainted just due to hunger."

"I think i fell asleep. I actually woke up. I started waking up around the time Jae brought me to the ER. He stepped aside and I woke up and told the nurse i was fine and what happend. She told me just to be sure they'd give me a room and run some tests."

"Why doesn't jaejoong know you're awake?"

"I asked her not to tell Jaejoong. I wanted to sleep some more...i didn't sleep for the past days. I'm actually kind of exhausted." She said and yawned.

"I'll let you sleep then. But tell Jaejoong that you're awake."

"I don't want to." _____ said stubbornly.

"What? Why? The kid's frantic about your condition." She told her.

"I heard him say that he loved me." _____  smiled at the thought.

Kyoung-mi softened seeing _____  looking completely serene. "If you tell him your awake I'm sure he'll tell that to you personally."

"You're right. I shouldn't make him worry right?" _____ giggled anticipating Jaejoong's reaction.

"On a second thought. You've been through hell for the past monthys. Maybe a little revenge on your part isn't bad." Kyoung-mi smiled.

*endflashback*

 

“So you mean to tell me that I was worried for nothing?!”

“Well I really did faint back at the house. I haven't eaten all day and that was probably what caused the faint.”

“Why haven’t you eaten anything? Argh! Wait there.” He says as he goes to the door and sticks his head out. “Mom, could you please go buy _____ some food. She hasn’t eaten anything. No not you Yunho. Go home or something. I don’t want to see you. And don't come near this room ever!” He says and slams the door.

“Jaejoong! That’s no way of talking to a friend.” _____ softly reprimands her husband, which only garnered her a ‘tsk’ from him.

“Let’s go back to the issue. You faked your sickness.”

“To clarify something, I really fainted and then I fell asleep I guess, and the next thing I know I was listening to you tell me you loved me and that you were making me waffles.” She said dreamily. “It was Kyoung-mi’s idea to play that prank on you.”

“Was it really a prank?” he asks suspiciously. “What bout Yunho?"

“What about him?” she says innocently.

“Aish!” he says frustratedly once he realizes she would say nothing. “If you and him ever get in one room together alone, without anyone else around, I’m beating him up.” He says fuming.

“Why would I ever want Yunho when I have you?” She says lovingly as she grabbed his hand and brought it closer to her. Once inches apart, she cupped his cheek and brought his face closer to her. “Right?”

“Right.” He said grudgingly.

“So me and you…we’re a ‘we’ again? You forgive me for everything I have done these past months?” He asks her insecurely.

“Don’t you remember?” She says with an evil smile on her face.

 "Remember what?" He asked as he leaned in to kiss her.

"You're sleeping on the couch."

"Are you sleeping with me there?" He asked, his lips inches away from hers.

"Nope."

"What?!" He pulled away and looked at her incredolously. "WHAT?! I don't want to. If you really love me you wouldn't do that to me."

"Maybe i want to be alone in bed so i can sneak Yunho in." She , trying to stop her self laughing.

"You want him to die?" Jaejoong asked seriously, a murderous look on his face.

_____ could only laugh at him.

"You're playing with me. You love me right?"

"Hmmm...I'm not sure I do anymore." She . "I don't think I could love someone who doesn't love me back."

"I love you! I LOVE YOU!" Jaejoong screamed.

"Excuse me." A nurse said as she opened the door. "Please keep it down. This is a hospital. Thank you." She said and left.

"i love you." he whispered as he cupped her face.

"Really?"

"Yes. I'm sorry about the past few mopnths. I'm an . I'm an arrogant who wouldn't admit he was wrong. I'm sorry i insulted you. I'm sorry i forgot you and Yumi. And most of all I'm sorry I tried to forget you. I'm sorry." He said sincerely. "Please forgive me. I'll spend the rest of my life trying to making it up to you. I'll be your servant. tell me what you want and i'll do it."

"I want you to sign those divorce papers."

"No."

"Dingdongdeng!" she said brightly. "Correct answer!" she said cheerfully.

"_____! stop teasing me!" Jaejoong said angrily as he realized _____ was playing with him.

"I'm just kidding me. I love you hubby." _____ said and smiled brightly at him.

"I love you too wifey." he said and leaned in to kiss her. "So we're good. We're a 'we'?"

She nodded happily. "But you're still sleeping on the couch."

"No couch! I don't want to! noo~! You don't really love me do you?" He pouted trying to look cute.

"You're such a cutie patootie" she said pinching his cheeks. "A cutie patootie who's going to sleep on the couch." She said and laughed at Jaejoong's outraged look.

 

 

***

Hello readers!

So yeah...This is actually the end. A bit of a let down?

sorry...

I'll update with a rated epilogue to make up for the crappy ending. hahaha.

 

 

happy new year!!