Summer Love

One shot drabbles

Namjoon just got a summer job, cheering happily as a big weight was lifted off his shoulders. His parents had been nagging him to find a summer job for nearly a month now, and now that he had one, they could shove it.

He was going to work as a waiter at a local resturant, right around the area near where his grandparents summer lake house was. Which he was going to stay at for the summer. 

The freedom of living on his own for an entire summer, was so blissfull he could cry. Namjoon could feel himself growing up and wanting to live on his own. Breaking free from the safety of his parents house, and discovering a new part of himself he didn't know yet.

But.....

Moving out meant you have a full-time job, in which he didn't. The cash he got from small gigs and performing at diffrent parties definetly weren't enough to pay a full rent, half at most.

Though he weren't even close to giving up the dream of becoming a full time rapper and producer. It's something he'd known he wanted since he was first introduced to rap at age 11.

Zipping the bag up he lost his train of thoughts. Smiling to himself of the adventure to come, he slinged it over his shoulder and grabbed his jean jacket, closing the door behind him he descended the stairs. Where he met his mom, arms crossed and a worried expression etched into her face. She looked like she was about to cry.

Namjoon held back a grin at his mom's dramatics, he was leaving for 2 months not forever.

''You be safe now, ok? I love you'' She sniffled, placing her hands on her son's upper arms. Namjoon's expression softned at his mom's caring words.

''Of course, I'll call you as soon as I get there.'' He reassured, kissing her gently on her forehead easily, thanks to their amazing height diffrence.

She nodded slowly, giving his arms a tight squeeze before watching him walk towards the door.

''Love u mom!'' He grinned over his shoulder, sparing her one last glance before driving towards the awaited cabin. 

He turned the volume up on the radio, tapping on the stirring wheel to the rhytm. His body filled with excitment. He couldn't wait too see what fun stuff would happen this summer.

 

When he had arrived at the cabin, the first thing he did was call his mom as promised, after he immidiately left for the beach. Wearing only his swimwear, his feet met the warm sand. Sending a shiver of delight down his spine. The sun stood high in the sky with almost no clouds in sight. He sighed, basking in the warmth of the summer sun.

There were alot of people on the beach and several lifeguards, children and teenagers were already playing in the water, while parents and grandparents were chatting happily on blankets sprawled out all over the beach.

Namjoon smiled at the sight.

He padded towards the water, letting it flush up on his feet. It was cool but not cold. The sun must've warmed it up already. He walked further out, til it reached his shoulders. He sunk further and further til he was completely submerged by the briskling water. There were tons of tiny colourful fishes swimming by in small groups. And the small coral reef was breathtaking. All of the diffrent types of colours and sea creatures were almost too much to admire at once.

He swam further down, finding a ceratin blue/purple-ish fish swimming by that he just couldn't take his eyes off of. He followed it deeper down. It swam under a big rock and before Namjoon could stop his pace, his head knocked into it. Everything went black and his body went limp.

 

 

Namjoon's eyes cracked open, only to shut immidately from the immense burning sensation filling them. Groaning he brought the palms of his hands to his face, rubbing his eyes. Hoping to ease the pain.

His lungs were burning, his throat was burning, his eyes were burning. Was he in hell?

There were a lot of noises around him, he could hear the waves crash against sand, children giggling and splashing water. Slowly he regained full conciousness of his surrondings. He was still at the beach.

Squinting his eyes open, a dark figure hovered above him. His eyes adjusted a bit, and the figure was now a outlined boy looking as etheral as ever. With beams of sunrays coming from behind him, lighting him up like a angel. His orbs colored a warm brown, lips full and round followed by a perfectly carved nose.

He had to be in heaven.

''Am I dead?'' He mumbled in shock.

The angelic boy snickered beautifully behind his hand.

Meeting Namjoon's petrified eyes, his expression softned. He shook his head. ''You hit your head on a rock, you nearly drowned but you're okay now.'' The boy sang softly, his mere voice brought great comfort to Namjoon.

Like whatever the other said, he was 100 % ready to believe it.

''Oh....'' Namjoon deadpanned. Laying still for a moment to process what had been said. He was not even suprised at what had happen, with his clumsy genes and all.

He doesn't remember when he even hit his head. Last thing he recalls was admiring a beautiful blue/purple-ish fish swimming by, before he was knocked unconciouss.

Namjoon gazed up at the other who was absentmindedly threading his fingers through his hair, watching the people play in the water ahead.

''What's your name?'' He peeped up from the other's lap. Coughing as the salt water was still very much burning his throat.

The angelic boy above him, hastily frowned when he began coughing. Worry echted into his face, ironically much like his mom had yesterday.

''I'm Kim Seokjin, but you can call me Jin for short, what's yours? And do you want me to get you some water?''

''Kim Namjoon. And no thanks, almost drowning in it was enough'' He added with a low chuckle. The other relaxed a bit by his sudden humor despite the situation, the corner of Jin's lips rose as Namjoon continuted chuckling.

Jin helped him sit up, rubbing soothing circles on the other's back as he coughed, stretching his legs out in the sand.

''Come with me.'' Jin smiled warmly his way, helping Namjoon to his feet. They were pretty close in height, Namjoon was taller by tops 3 cm. 

They walked in silence towards the small beach shop a few meters away. Letting the peaceful sounds of the waves softly crawling up on the shore fill the silence. It was still very hot out, the sun laying heavy on their backs.

Jin gestured for Namjoon to sit down on one of the bar stools out front, as he went behind the counter. Namjoon heard shuffling, before the shorter returned with a can of coke. ''It's on the house.'' He winked with a kind smile. The other thanked for the drink, patting the seat next to him.

''You know, you're pretty young for a lifeguard...'' Namjoon concluded. There's no way the other was a day older than 18.

This gained a reaction from Jin, he bursted out into a soft giggle. Slapping his knee in the process. Namjoon didn't know what was so funny, but seeing the other smile so brightly had him subconciously smiling along as well. 

After Jin had calmed down a bit, he wiped a tear from his eye. ''I'm 20, that's a rather normal age for a lifeguard.''

Namjoon's eyes widened at the news. Laughing breathily, and scratching behind his head awkwardly. His mistake.

''So are you here on vacation or did you move here? I haven't seen you around before.....and if I did I defintely would've remembered it.'' Jin confessed, his cheeks colouring a light shade of red.

Namjoon stiffened at the words. 

Did he?- was he flirting with him?

A shameless smile tugged at his lips and he could feel his face heat up. Taking a sip of his drink, they locked eyes. ''I'm here on vacation, well sort of. I work as a waiter at the resturant up ahead for the summer.'' Namjoon chimed in. Jin nodded at the information.

''Oh my best friend works there you might know him! His name is Jung Hoseok.'' Jin smiled.

They continued talking for a long time, people were starting to head home. The beach was almost empty, only a few teenagers were lounging in the sand, listening to some music.

The sun was about to set, spreading a warm pink and yellow glow. It had gotten a bit chillier, and a shiver ran down Namjoon's spine. He had completely forgotten his upper body had been exposed this entire time. Jin took notice of action, ''Do you want to borrow a shirt? Not that I mind the sight-'' Jin shamelessly gazed at his toned yet slender body. Namjoon gulped at the heated stare. ''-But you do seem a bit cold. I wouldn't want you to get sick.'' He said with a soft look. Touching the other's shoulder gently.

Namjoon almost sighed dreamily at how caring Jin was for him, gaining a bit of confidence from their shallow on and off flirting, he added a pet name. ''Yeah that would be nice angel.'' Namjoon winked and watched the other, awkwardly giggle at the very suiting pet name.

''I'm flattered,,but why angel?'' Jin quirked, raising a brow, his face displaying the general intrest he found in the new topic. Namjoon shrugged casually, leaning his elbows on the cool disk infront of them. He glanced at the other, ''I might've thought you were an angel and that I was in heaven when you saved me....'' Namjoon mumbled the last part feeling less confident than he did a second ago. He sounded like an utter idiot.

The corners of Jin's lips rose at the confession, it was silly but at the same time very very cute.

''That's cute, you're cute y'know that'' Jin beamed, his hand naturally reaching out to rest on Namjoon's arm. This time he didn't even feel slightly embarassed, he was into Namjoon and Namjoon was clearly into him, that was a fact. 

Namjoon bit back a big grin, but failed miserably.

''Well you're very cute too angel.'' He winked again, slowly letting his arms drop down to the table to hold Jin's delicate hands. He didn't notice it before but the other had surprisingly charming hands. They were very unique.

Jin gave Namjoon's cheek a soft smooch, hopping off the bar stool and going behind the counter to grab his bag. He returned, with a bag slinged over his shoulder, and a hoodie in his hands, which he handed over to the other. Watching him put it on, and when it was, he smiled brightly grabbing Namjoon's hand in his.

They walked towards the sea, letting the cool waves splash up on their feet. Their hands were still locked subconciously.

''So have you had any chance to swim yet?'' Namjoon chatted, letting their conversation flow back up again. Glancing at the other from the side of his eyes as they continuted walking down the shore. The warm sunset, the empty beach, them walking down the beach holding hands. It was so romantic it felt like they were in a movie.

Jin shook his head, frowning down at his feet, before gazing back up at Namjoon with a bitter smile. ''No, I don't think i will either, im working all summer...'' Jin sighed, wanting to take a swim in the chill water. Everyday he saw people happily swimming with their families in the soaking hot sun. While he had to sit around, getting fried by the overly heated sun.

Namjoon hummed at his reply, his brain working up some ideas. He smirked to himself, which gained Jin's attention. ''What's with the sm-'' He asked, but before he could finish the sentence he was dragged into the ocean.

They were both standing on the sea floor, with water up to their mid torsos.

Jin was laughing happily not expecting the other to pull something like this. Namjoon had a big playful grin on his lips, ''Now you have time to swim!'' He beamed excitedly, splashing some water at Jin with a bright laugh. Jin wiped at his face with a smile, ''I'm so gonna get you for that!'' he yelled playfully, sticking his hand into the water, sending thousands of small beads of water to land on Namjoon.

''Oh now you're on.'' Namjoon chuckled, splashing even more water his way. They continued their splash war with giggles and exchanged glances. To anyone watching they would've looked silly, but Jin hadn't felt so stress free and happy in a long time, same with Namjoon, and it was a nice change of pace.

Jin walked closer with a mischevious glint in his eyes. Namjoon quirked a brow, not knowing what the other's intentions were, until he suddenly found himself under water. Blue coloured his vision and he could see Jin's pretty smooth legs standing a bit infront of him. 

Namjoon popped up to the surface, taking a deep breath. He dragged his hand over his wet face, and pushed back his hair. He peeked up to the other from under his eyelashes. ''I'm getting you for that one.'' He laughed playfully as he stood up straight. Water dripping down from his hoodie.

Jin's eyes widened, as he backed up, he smiled as he tried to half run half walk as fast away from the other as possible. 

Namjoon easily catched up with him. Snaking his arms over the other's arms and stomach, he pulled him close to his own body. ''Gotcha'' he whispered in Jin's ear. 

Jin laughed, leaning his head back on Namjoon's broad shoulder. ''I surrender, I surrender!'' He whimpered, looking up at the other with round doe eyes. Namjoon nearly melted at the other's cute face, bringing him even closer to himself. ''Fine-'' He began, ''-I'll let you go if you give me a kiss'' He proposed cheekily. Despite it being his own suggestion he couldn't help the fact that his heart thumped quicker. Just the idea of kissing this angel had him weak to his knees.

At first Jin looked taken aback by the suggestion, but quickly after it was replaced by a bright smile. Namjoon gazed into his warm brown orbs for what felt like an enternity. Jin spinned around in his hold til they were face to face, inches apart. He caressed Namjoon's wet cheek softly, gazing into his eyes, as he pressed their lips together.

It was gentle, but captivating, a mixture of both sweet and salty ocean water. Their lips fit perfectly together, moulding against each other. Namjoon's hands were on Jin's hips gently, and Jin's were wrapped around the latter's neck.

Mesmerized lips were pressed together time after time, transporting them to another world. Their ragged breathing and dancing tongues brought a fiery heat to the cold ocean air. With just the two of them there, it felt like the rest of the world disappeared.

They were lost in the feeling of each other's warm mouths locked together.

As their lips pull apart, a gentle breeze flutters over their previous flame extinguishinging the heat. Their breathing comes out in short, desperate gasps. The intensity washed away, and the rest of the world was slowly coming back into focus.

With foreheads leaning against each others, they slowly felt their breathing slow down. Jin gazed into his eyes with a newfound sparkle, looking completely at ease. Jin was the first one to break the silence, ''If I knew you were such a good kisser, I would've kissed you a long time ago.'' He blurted out, smiling even wider than before.

Namjoon chuckled happily, placing a chaste kiss on Jin's lips. ''Well, I can always give you more.-'' He smirked, softly wiping his thumb over the other's bottom lip. ''But the water is getting reall cold and I think we should get up'' He laughed for what seemed to be the 20th time that day. Jin nodded, giving him a warm hug before they walked back to the shore line.

When Namjoon had high hopes for what he would do that summer, finding a summer love defintely wasn't on the list.

But he was happily surprised.

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hey guys!

I was suppose to post this on my birthday yesterday but i got so sick i didn't feel like even moving :( But I'm feeling a tad bit better so i posted this namjin for you! I hope you enjoyed it! It really makes me miss summer even more, what's your guys favorite season mine is definetly the summer :)

Please leave a comment on what you thought and feel free to subscribe for more one shots!

Have a nice day/evening/night ♥

Love u guys!