School crush

One shot drabbles

''Hello? Earth back to Taehyung.'' Jungkook waved a hand in front of the boy's face with a grumpy look. He had been telling his best friend about the field trip tomorrow, but as per usual his head was in the clouds.

If clouds were a freshman named Park Jimin.

His sad crush on the boy had gone from cute to annoying in less than a week. Jungkook had told him several times to just get off his pathetic and ask him out. But it always fell on deaf ears.

Shaking his head Jungkook took a bite of his lunch, slowly chewing as he watched his best friend fantasize about the petite boy.

Slowly drawing back from his bubble he stared at Jungkook with a confused look. ''What were you saying again?'' He asked raising his brows, to which the other snorted.

Dismissevly wiggling his fork in Taehyung's face, gesturing him to just drop the topic. Feeling way to sluggish from the math class earlier to have this conversation again.

They spent the rest of their free period in silence as Taehyung kept disappearing into that dumb head of his. Gazing dreamily at Jimin sitting next to a brown haired boy he didn't know. The boy let out a wistful sigh everytime the other giggled at something his friend said.

God this was sickening Jungkook thought to himself.

Pushing his plate away, he abruptly stood up. Gaining no reaction from his best friend. He almost snorted for the second time that day. Shrugging it off he walked with big steps over to Jimin and his friend's table.

Curious eyes peered up to meet his as he came to a halt in front of the duo.

''Hey, you see that guy over there-'' Jungkook started off, tilting his head to the side to gesture at Taehyung who was still in dreamland. Completely obvious to the now three people staring at him.

''He's had a crush on you for I don't know how long now, and It's getting annoying because he's too much of a coward to do anything about it.''

Jimin's eyes widened and lips parted just the slightest. It was quite comical from Jungkook's perspective.

''So i was wondering if you want to have lunch with him?'' Jungkook asked uncertain of how the other would react. Scratching the back of his neck, suddenly feeling rather awkward.

Maybe this wasn't such a great idea after all.

Jungkook was about to excuse himself when he could see red-ish colors blossoming over Jimin's cheeks and the tip of his ears. The faintest of smiles curving his lips.

The brunette beside him burst out laughing at what seemed to be Jimin's shy reaction to the question. ''Aww my little Jiminie-'' He chuckled, hooking an arm around the smaller boy's shoulder. Shaking him in a happy manner. ''-I told you he had a crush on you too.''

Jungkook stiffened at the words, he liked his best friend who enjoys stuffing fries up his lip and pretend to be a walrus?

''So you'll eat with him?'' Jungkook wearily asked raising a brow. Not fully getting if he was going to do it or not, he acted rather shyly to the information so...

Watching Jimin's reaction, a slow nod was formed. ''B-but what if he thinks im wei-'' Jimin shakily began, only to be cut off by a finger to his lips.

''No buts, now go get your man.'' The brunette playfully exclaimed, patting him on the back as Jimin was softly getting to his feet.

Oh thank god Jungkook thought as he saw the petite boy make his way over to Taehyung's and his table.

Plopping down next to the all too cheerfull guy who seemingly was Jimin's friend, they watched in anticipation of what would happen.

Taehyung who's eyes were still glued to where Jimin recently sat, nearly had a heartattack when his crush was suddenly standing right in front of him. Eyes bulging as he opened and closed his mouth to say something.

His parents hadn't prepared him for this.

Jimin was shyly smiling with his head down. His cute black fringe covering his eyes. ''I-um...you're Taehyung right?'' A light angelic voice reached the other's ears.

Taehyung nodded feverly, a big box like grin pulling at his lips. Smile shining brighter than most stars on a winter night. ''Yeah that's me!'' He cheerfully spoke.

His awkwardness gushing away when the other had known his name.

''C-can I join you?'' Jimin timidly asked, raising his eyes to meet Taehyung's.

The other smiled even bigger. Nodding quickly and patting the seat Jungkook sat in before.

Wait. Where was Jungkook to begin with?

Taehyung's face stiffened at the realization of his missing best friend. Scanning the cafeteria for a sign of the other. Noticing him sitting with Jimin's close friend Hoseok, who were both peering at them with curious eyes. 

Pushing his eyebrows together he wondered when in the hell they became friends. Jungkook doesn't talk to anybody other than himself and occasionaly Namjoon when he was in town.

His best friend met his eyes with a snigger, a knowing smirk on his lips as he gave a thumbs up to Taehyung. Hoseok simultaneously giving Jimin a thumbs up as looked their way as well.

Taehyung's blood ran cold at his best friend's playful smirk, what the had he done.

''So your friend told me you-....have a crush on me?'' Jimin peeped up through the silence. The latter turned his head towards him at the words, mouth hanging agape as he furiously blushed at the bluntness.

Coughing after what felt like 5 minutes of complete utter shock, he awkwardly smiled at the petite boy. ''Y-yeah for some time now.'' He confessed, feeling a weight being lifted off his shoulder at the words slipping past his lips.

But a newfound excitement lingered beneath his skin in expectation. Still the drumming of the I-might-be-rejected lingered in the back of his head, making his palms sweaty.

The other hadn't uttered a word since his confession and it felt like time was running by so slow he could hear his own heart beating in his ears.

Suddenly declaring his intrest for the other didn't feel all that great, seeing as he was only met by silence. He couldn't even read in Jimin's eyes what the boy was thinking.

A sort of panic state set in, and he was fumbling with his words. ''I-I mean-....If you d-don't like me back- I-'' Taehyung rambled on dissmissevly waving his hands.

A soft pair of lips on his had Taehyung freezing in his seat. Eyes wide as he gazed at Jimin's closed eyes.

Coming back to his senses, the boy applied just the slightest of pressure back to the warm lips. His heart was drumming in his ears as they exchanged a soft kiss. Not too rough, not too soft, just perfect enough to display how the two felt about eachother.

All too quickly the warmth on his lips vanished and he stared dumbfoundly at Jimin's genuine bright smile,''I like you too you idiot.''

Taehyung almost laughed in happiness. He couldn't belive that all this time he had longed for Jimin to notice him, the said boy had been wanting the same. 

The both of them were just too much of cowards too actually deal with it. Both fearing the rejection that never happened in the end.

''I can't believe you like me back, for how long?'' Taehyung squealed, resting his elbows on the table, face in between his hands gazing curiously at the other.

Jimin almost giggled at the other's cuteness. Containing himself he smiled even wider. ''For around 5 months I think.''

''That's almost as long as i have been into you.'' Taehyung laughed whole heartedly, eyes sparkling as he gazed into Jimin's creased ones. They both fell into a fit of soft laughter, gaining some attention from nearby students.

Slowly reaching out his hand to hold Jimin's smaller one, he sighed in content at the softness. 

They began chatting about what their favorite subject was too how difficult english class was. Something they had incommon, both blaming the teacher for well, being a bad teacher.

''So what's your favorite color? Mine's orange, not like sunset orange but like you know an actual orange, that you eat.'' Taehyung rambled on excitedly, his natural weird way of speaking, gained a full out giggle from Jimin.

Their hands never left eachother as they continued talking about whatever came to mind, completely lost in their own world.

Jungkook stole a grape from the boy who he had learned was named Hoseok. ''Thank god, I couldn't stand another minute of my best friend pining over his crush.''

Hoseok raised his orange juice in a fake-toast manner, ''Amen to that.''

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hi lovelies!

I went for another vmin fic, cause alot of people throughly enjoy those so here ya'll go!

It's a little short but I felt like it was enough. Please comment what you thought and what pairing you want next!

Feel free to subscribe and ask me anything you'd like to know ♥

Have a nice day/evening/night!