Chapter 6 - Saranghae*

Dating an Idol

A,N: This chapter was rewritten but I screwed up and lost that versionT__T 

 

Lillie looked at her to-do-list for the day and sat at her desk.

The day before Jules scolded Lillie because she hadn't told Jinki that she loved him. And that night she truly tried to do it but failed. After that they only talked on the phone and that wasn’t something you could say through a phone call. It was complicated and she needed to find the right moment.

Her ex-boyfriend told Lillie that he loved her so many times and in the end he was the person who hurt her the most. Love wasn’t like that, it couldn’t be. Love don’t make you cry!

That is why it couldn’t be something casual that you tell people just because you want to. You need to feel it and find the appropriate moment to reveal it to the other.

Jinki was different from ex boyfriend and he made her heart tingle and expand with happiness. He made her smile.

Now she knew that she never loved her ex-boyfriend, she tried to believing that maybe it would make things easier, that if she let him touch her and showed that she liked it that the abuse would stop but things didn't go that way. She didn't love him, she didn't want him to touch her, he never stop hurting her.

Lillie was also scared to tell Jinki that she loved him. There was a high chance that he didn’t love her, that his feelings for her aren't that intense, just like it happened ti her. What if he never loved her? You can’t force love.

"Wake up!" Jules whispered in her ear, Lillie didn’t notice her approaching her desk.

"Sorry I was thinking..."

"I know! Don’t think! When you think your brain complicates things even more. Are you going to the fansign today? "

"Yes!"

"You look like a secret agent! You are going has an undercover fan which is actually a girlfriend that once was a fan! How wicked is that?!”

"Lower your voice! What if someone hears you! "

“Bring me an autograph from Jonghyun!"

"I'm not going to ask him one especially for you!"

"Why not? I think I deserve it after so many hours listening to SHINee! "

"Aish annoying! I will ask him the next time I’m with him! "

Jules leaned over her desk and kissed her cheek. For her skinship and demonstrations of affection were so easy. For Lillie it was the opposite.

"Lillie you are a cutie! Oh and go with your neck showing!"

"Hm, why?" She asked curiously.

"When Jinki sees that you no longer have his mark he will be willing to do another! Men are possessive Lillie! Seduce your man! "

The younger girl blushed.

“Do you think so...?”

Jules blinked one eye at Lillie that looked at her as if she was the dating guru.

"Try it! Gotta go, I have lesson to teach now! "

 

2d2c4l0.jpg

"What are you doing?"

Jinki sent her more texts in the recent days and they spoke via KakaoTalk all day. Lillie had no idea what changed but he seemed to be making an effort to talk with her more.

They didn’t talk about anything in particular, mostly their daily lives, things they liked or just flirting with each other. She always smiled like a fool when she received a message from him and it was hard to hide from her coworkers how her phone kept her more busy later. Sooner rumours would start spreading, she was sure of it.

"I'm getting ready to get out of work."

"Are you going to have lunch?"

"No! No time for lunch today! I’m going to another place. "

"Where are you going without me? : ("

"I'm going out with Jules!"

Lillie didn’t want to lie to him, but she wanted to show up at the fansign and surprise him. If she told him it would be ruined.

"Are men going?"

"Are you worried vampire Jinki?"

"Just a little ...”

"No men! But you know that there are many walking around on the street..."

"You're provoking the vampire? He can’t live without your neck! "

"Yeah, but he's now busy preparing his signature to the fans."

"And the teeth ..."

">. < Would you like me to hit Dubu?"

"I wonder what that tokki suffers .”

"In fact he sleeps with me and I have given him many kisses ..."

That soft toy was very lucky and one of her most prized possessions.

"I’m so jealous!I'll kill that bunnie when I see him ! Stealing my girlfriend ^ ^ "

"Relax vampire Jinki I sleep with him but I dream of you! I love you! "

Lillie freaked out as soon s she finished writing it. Luckily she didn't send it immediately. She stared at the words while she bit her lower lip. She could send it like that and wait to see if he said it back. However she erased the last 3 words before sending it.

"* _ * I have to go! After the fansign we can talk more! Vampire Jinki will be thinking about you <3_"

Lillie giggled reading his last message. He surely didn’t even dream with the possibility of her going. It was going to be a good surprise!

If he is was coming to her, she would go to him and end up with those dreadful days without seeing him. It wasn't as good as a date or being alone with him but it had to do by now.

Lillie turned off the computer and collected her things to leave. Her stomach complained since she didn't eat much at breakfast because she woke up late. She checked the time on her phone and groaned. Once again she was late and didn’t have time to eat. The fansign was far from the place she worked at and she had a train and a bus to catch. After seeing Jinki she could eat.

Lillie made her decision and turned around to run out of the room but almost bumped against Jinho. He followed after her calling her name but she pretended not to hear.

 

2d2c4l0.jpg

 

"Oh this is so exciting!" Minseo exclaimed clapping her hands.

Lillie nodded, but excitement wasn’t what she was feeling. It was her first SHINee fansign and of course she was happy, but she was also hungry and her legs ached. She was standing there waiting for one hour already when they started guiding the fans to their seats. Her arms ached because she was grabbing the heavy bag with his coat. She lied to Minseo saying it was a gift for him, when in reality it was his coat.

It had his scent, she knew because she worn it a lot of times at home only to smell him.

Lillie would probably end up in a mental asylum in the future with the things she did because of Jinki.

SHINee was late and the fans moved on their seats starting to get anxious. She was also anxious and the idea of surprising him didn’t seem like a good idea now. All eyes would be on Jinki and all members and fans would take pictures and make videos of them and their encounters with other shawols.

What if she did something that could betray her and they filmed it and realized that Jinki knew her and not only as a fan?!

The scary thought made her shiver and Minseo asked her if she was feeling cold.

“No, I’m nervous!”

"Don’t worry! I’m sure you will do well in front of Onew. Just be yourself!”

Lillie chuckled awkwardly nodding her head.

“And I’m sure he will love the coat you bought for him.”

Lillie smiled tightening the grip on the bag with the coat. She could send him a message, he might check it before he arrived to the venue. Surprising her favorite vampire now could be dangerous.

“So who is your favorite member?” A girl beside Minseo asked them.

“Minho! He’s perfect!” Minseo answered immediately.

“Onew!” Lillie answered in a low voice, adding in her mind that he was also her boyfriend. “I fell in love with his voice and smile.”

It was true. The first time she heard him sing was enough to charm her and then he smiled in such a magnificent way that she could never stop looking at him.

“Oh! I also like Minho a lot! But my favorite member is Key!" As soon as she said it a wave of screams and squeals made the girls look at the stage. The SHINee members arrived and sat on their chairs. It was too late for Lillie to warn Jinki now.

The group of fans quieted down to let the boys talk and then the fans lined up to get on stage and meet them.

While walking to the line Lillie took her time observing Jinki. He didn't seem to notice her and he looked so handsome. Lately she always saw him without makeup and in comfortable clothes but today - all because of SHINee’s stylists - he was wearing a red sweater, black pants and jacket, his hair was slicked upwards and his eyes had eyeliner making him look absolutely y.

Since she stopped admiring her boyfriend Minseo touched her back pushing her forward to join the line.

“I know he looks breathtaking!” her friend chuckled “And did you notice Minho? He looks so good in yellow!”

He probably looked good in any color though. Lillie looked briefly at Minho and the others. They were all so handsome anyway. However...her eyes wouldn’t stop drifting to her boyfriend. He was too bright, his presence was too magnetical to her and she couldn't take her eyes away from him. She was after all in love.

The line started to get shorter, and her turn approached quickly. Jinki was the last one she would get to meet and that made her even more nervous. Not only she was worried with the way he would react, if she would give herself away, but she was also going to met her idols. She still had the other 4 men to greet and talk with. Minho, Taemin and Kibum didn’t know her but Jonghyun did and she wondered if he would recognize her.

Lillie watched while Jinki greeted his fans smiling so brightly that she was afraid one would get blinded, as blinded as she was with love. No wonder so many people admired him. He was such a sweetheart, gently talking to the fans, accepting their gifts…

Lillie swallowed hard and stared at the bag she was holding. She could have said that that was a gift but the truth was that she didn’t bring any. Everyone brought gifts for all the members and she brought some candy for the members but for Jinki she only had the coat that actually was his in the first place. The realization that she didn't bring anything to give him downed on her and Lillie panicked turning to Minseo.

"Minseo did you bring gifts? "

“Yes. I brought a letter for each of them and for Minho I brought a small framework painted especially for him. Didn’t you bring gifts? "

“Yes, but I don’t have anything for Onew."

Minseo raised her eyebrows confused “Isn’t the coat for him?”

Lillie ignored her and searched inside her bag for a pen.

"Do you have any paper or envelope?"

“Are you kidding me Lillie?! Are you going to write a letter now? "

"Only for Jinki!" In the letter she could tell him about the reason she came there, and how she wanted to surprise him, and how she forgot a gift for him but would give him anything he wanted later. Also she could tell him more things, like things she didn’t have the courage to say to him personally. Things he could read later in the car on his way to another schedule and not in front of her. It would make her so embarrassed.

"I don’t have an envelope, but I have that notebook that I always carry with me." Minseo added realizing that Lillie wouldn’t change her mind.

“Tear a sheet and give it to me please!"

Minseo blinked her eyes and smiled incredulous. Who gives a torn sheet from a notebook to her idol, moreover without an envelope?!

Nevertheless she did what Lillie asked her.

“Can you please turn over so I can use your back to write?” Lillie joined her hands in a silent apology and Minseo sighed and turned around. “I’m sorry!”

Lillie placed the sheet of paper against Minseo’s back and tried to focus and ignore the way the line moved once again. She was running out of time.

Peeking at the person behind her and making sure that she wasn’t going to see what she wrote, Lillie started to pen down the words.

 

“Hello oppa!”

That was embarrassing already and made her cringe.

“I know you must be surprised to see me here, but I really needed to return the coat because I use it every day. "

That sounded like a desperate insane girlfriend so Lillie scratched the last part.

“Hurry up Lillie!" Minseo requested.

 

“Actually I really wanted to see you! I miss you and you're so wonderful! It makes me a little jealous how you smile so much at everyone! You need to smile brightly at me too! >_ <”


 

“Lillie it is almost our turn .... Quick!!" Minseo was right and Lillie reread what she wrote. She was acting like a jealous girlfriend but not too much, just enough to sound cute.

The queue was decreasing in size and Lillie had to finish the letter in a hurry.

 

“From your Tokki, I love you!"

 

The last words made her cheeks so hot that she folded the improvised letter quick to not read them again. Lillie let the folded letter slip inside the bag with his coat and turned to Minseo.

“No matter what happens don’t let me take this paper from inside the bag, alright?”

Minseo mumbled a confused yes and Lillie turned to face the table with the SHINee members. It was almost her turn and there he was so close, her boyfriend dressed as a Onew, his stage persona. It wasn’t much different from his usual self, just more playful and more groomed.

He was saying goodbye to a fan that was talking to him, and raised his hands and waved her a sweet goodbye while smiling brightly, which made Lillie melt down. Then he looked in her direction and she unconsciously hid behind Minseo. He frowned as if he suspected something but his attention soon fell on another fan. Luckily for Lillie because Minseo was even shorter than Jonghyun and wouldn’t be able to protect her from his eyes.

2d2c4l0.jpg

“Oppa read my letter!"

“Yes!" Onew replied to another fan smiling as always.

Sometimes he wondered how he didn’t dislocate a muscle from smiling so much. He usually was in a good mood but he also had moments when he didn’t feel happy, when it was hard to offer the fans a natural smile. However he still did his best. They deserved it, he owed his career to them and he loved them as much as they loved him. Because of his fans he could sing, he was loved and admired in his own country and was even able to experience new things and above all he could help his parents.

Dream girl, their song started playing on the speakers and Jinki sang along with the lyrics while he waited for a new fan to approach him.

“When it started is not important~ I only see the perfect you in my eyes~ In this gray world, only your red lips shine ~The moment I try to kiss your lips~ I awake from my dream”

A shiver ran down his spine and Jinki blinked his eyes looking around the venue. He felt watched which was ridiculous because of course he was being watched. Many shawols were there, taking pictures of the members every movement, filming every smile. A female’s voice caught his attention and he looked at the cue of shawols waiting to climb on stage to join them. He heard the name Lillie and like a magnet his eyes searched for her. It was ridiculous. She wasn’t there and it was probably only someone that shared the same name as hers. There weren't many foreigners on the cue though.

“Your face is still so clear ~The heat of your hand that I held is still warm ~You come to me at night but disappear in the morning~ I can’t just let you go like this every day”

Jinki wondered if it wasn’t his imagination only playing a trick on him. He was in love and everything nowadays seemed to remind him of her.

He scratched his head and greeted a new fan that offered a bag with gifts to him.

“Baby I know this is all a dream but ~ Baby, oh please, don’t leave me”

 

2d2c4l0.jpg

 

The queue quickly decreased and Minseo climbed on stage, facing Key. The order was Key, Minho, Jonghyun, Taemin and Onew.

So Lillie had to survive her encounter with the others before she was able to meet Jinki. She stepped behind Minseo and waited. Her friend was clearly checking Minho, her hands trembling while she offered her album to Key.

Lillie’s turn came quickly and she gave a step forward to face Kibum, while Minseo squealed beside her in front of Minho her bias.

How to describe Kibum?! He was perfect and she wasn’t sure she would be able to articulate any word to speak with him. Should she use korean or english?!

“I’m your fan!” Lillie blurted out in korean giving him the gift she prepared to him, making Key laugh.

“That’s good!”

“I mean, I’m everyone’s fan!”

Kibum nodded grabbing the album from her hand and she swallowed hard realizing that sooner or later he would find out she was dating Jinki. Would take make meeting him even more awkward?!

“What name should I use?” He asked gently looking at Lillie that her dry lips admiring his beautiful eyes.

“Lillie!” She managed to say watching his beautiful long fingers holding her album.

Kibum hesitated while writing her name and looked at her and then she noticed his eyes drift in the direction of the other side of the table where Jinki was but he didn’t say anything. Did he suspect anything?!

Kibum gave the album back to her and she thanked him stepping behind Minseo that was all flustered still speaking to Minho which offered her one of his boyish deadly smiles and held her hand briefly making her melt.

Minseo dragged herself to Jonghyun who had no queue already and Lillie gave her gift to Minho and struggled to open her album on the page for him to sign.

"Hello!" Minho greeted her in english with a sweet smile and she groaned loving them even more than she did before. “Thank you.”

He grabbed the album she offered him and Lillie watched him sign it.

“Your eyes are beautiful!" She had no idea what more to say. There was no way she could put down in words how much they meant to her.

"Thank you! What’s your name?"

“Ah! Lillie!"

“Oh!!" Jonghyun exclaimed beside Minho and his eyes met with Lillie’s. She panicked because he clearly recognized her and they were in a public place.

“What are you..." he looked at Onew and lowered his voice "...doing here? He knows?"

Minseo was on Taemin's queue and looked at them in a suspicious way.

Lillie's eyes widened and Jonghyun kept quiet acting as if nothing happened. However by then Minho and Key already noticed that something was wrong.

"Lillie ahhh!" Minho mumbled realizing what that meant. He smiled writing her name and then returned the album to her.

"He will love the surprise! " Jonghyun said as soon as she joined him. He accepted her gift and signed her album stealing glances at her.

"And I hope I'm forgiven for what happened last time!"

"Yes! Everything is forgotten! "she grinned at him.

“I hope to see you next time.” He gave the album back to her and Lillie walked to Taemin that was smiling brightly at her. Did he knew already too?

“I’m a big fan.” Lillie said giving him the gift she prepared.

“Your korean is really good.” Taemin praised her thanking her for the gift.

She offered him the album for him to sign and then dared to look at Jinki.

Her boyfriend was busy talking to a fan who had offered him flowers. Minseo was behind the girl looking with puppy eyes at Minho and didn’t seem to notice anything suspicious.

"Thank you for coming! Hope to see you soon!" Taemin said, returning the album to Lillie that was surprised to see that he signed it with "for Lillie."

He must have noticed the conversation between Jonghyun and her. Lillie blushed and thanked him before she stepped behind Minseo.

That was it! She was finally meeting Jinki. Apparently she wasn’t the only one waiting for the moment since Jonghyun was grinning looking at her briefly before his attention turned to another fan.

Lillie waited patiently while Minseo talked with Jinki and after she gave gave him a letter and collected her album she left the stage.

Lillie didn’t say anything and only waved at him with the hand that had the album for him to sign.

Jinki froze staring at her as if he did not believe his own eyes.

“Hi.” She said cutely feeling like an idiot.

“I don't know...believe…” He stumbled on his words and Lillie raised her eyes alarmed to the staff behind him.

“Me neither...oppa!” She acted out as a shawol would, or at least like a more outgoing version of her fan self would.

“Ahh....” Jinki’s eyes drifted to the fans behind her and back. That was certainly dangerous since they were being constantly filmed and photographed.

“I brought you a present.” Lillie said placing the bag with his coat and the precious letter over the table. He grabbed it and peeked inside. One corner of his lips raised adorably and she grinned.

“A coat…”

“Well, coats are useful if you want for example to go out at night to the park or something. You won't be cold anymore. It's very warm, I tried it. It’s big enough for two people and a bunny!”

He chuckled covering his mouth adorably and Lillie wished time would stop. In a way it did, when she was with him she completely forgot about everything else and that was why it was dangerous.

He gave it to the staff tanking her and then his warm eyes fall on hers again. Lillie rushed to give him her album and he signed it - way slower than he usually did - peeking at her once in a while in enigmatic way that she loved.

Lillie noticed how Taemin was watching them now and how she had a fan behind her already.

Jinki finished signing and closed the album sliding it on the table back to her.

“Thank you for coming.” He said, the words dancing on his lips “Be happy and healthy!”

“I am...I will!” She said giggling like an idiot, which no one would find weird since he could make any woman in that room feel like that anyway.

Lillie walked out of the stage her legs threatening to fail her. It was ridiculous how her body was acting like that when she has been with him for hours now, when she was hugged and kissed by that man already. It was amazing the power his Onew persona had.

Minseo hugged Lillie and she barely could hear her enthusiasm while she told her about her meeting with Minho.

“....he even grabbed my hand!” Lillie nodded trying to get herself together and hugged the album against her chest.

She did it! She didn't realize until that moment how special that moment was to her. She spent the last years wanting to meet the ones that changed her life even though they didn't know anything about it. Jinki didn't either, how SHINee gave her the courage and the idea of leaving her country to South Korea, far away from her old life and her fears. If he only knew what that moment meant to her...She did it, she met five of the most important people in her life.

With epiphany came also sadness because she was so nervous and focused in Jinki that she failed to tell the boys how much they meant to her. Lillie looked with sadness to the table, her eyes briefly meeting Jonghyun’s. No, she would meet them again, she was sure, and then, then she would tell them.

2d2c4l0.jpg
 

There were only a few fans left and Jinki searched for her in the crowd but with no success. Wherever she was he couldn’t see her. Maybe she left.

The event eventually ended and SHINee said goodbye to the fans. While the staff collected their things the members rested on a private room before they moved to their next schedule - a recording of a show.

“That was a great surprise!” Minho patted Jinki’s back and he only nodded, his phone in hand, busy texting his girlfriend to know where she was.

"Where are you? Are you still in the mall?"

 

After a few seconds he received a reply.

 

"My friend left just now. I'll eat anything and then leave. Why? "

 

"But where are you? Which store?"

 

"WHY? You can’t mean that you are coming to meet me. We will get into big trouble if people see us!"

 

"Answer me! It's important! "

 

"I'm near the place where the fansign was, on the bench in front."

 

"I’m going to speak with manager Minho. I will be back! " Jinki announced leaving the room. He almost bumped into Kibum that was coming back from the bathroom.

2d2c4l0.jpg
 

Lillie stared at her phone confused. Why was he so curious to know where she was?! He certainly didn’t intend to meet her did he?!

She stood up and checked her surroundings but no sign of Jinki. The room was still filled with shawols sharing their experiences. She wanted to be like one of them without feeling guilty for hiding that she wasn’t a normal fan.

Lillie sat back on the bench again and opened the photobook of her album on the page she marked for Jinki to sign. There beneath his signature was something that made her heart beat faster.

“Saranghae!” It was only one word followed by three hearts and usually was something Jinki said to his fans but somehow to her it felt as if it had a different meaning. It had to right?!

The more she looked at it the more she doubted that he meant more to it.

“Lillie?” A voice startled her and Lillie closed the photobook and turned around.

A man wearing a cap approached her. She knew him as SHINee’s manager Minho. Jinki sometimes mentioned him in their conversations.

“You are Lillie, right?”

She stood up immediately and nodded “Did something happen?”

“Nothing.” The man seemed a bit uncomfortable “Can you come with me? Jinki wants to talk with you.”

“Talk with me?” Lillie followed after Manager Minho but instead of taking her to where Jinki was he guided her outside where two vans were parked. One was closed already and it seemed like the kind of van that idols used. She looked at him suspiciously.

“Yes he is inside.” Manager Minho stepped in front of Lillie “Actually he asked me if you could come to watch the recording of the show they have next. He can talk to you in the resting room before it starts.”

“Well...I....”

“I just need you to promise that you won’t get him nor me in trouble. I’m doing him a favor. He wants to impress you and I get it but this is still his job. He is working.”

“I know.”

“You are my cousin. Alright?”

“What?” everything was happening so fast and he barely let her speak. Lillie followed after the man more confused than ever.

“This is my cousin!” Manager Minho introduced Lillie to a woman that was beside the door of the second van. The member of the staff barely looked at Lillie and slide the door of the van open. “She is going to watch the recording.”

“Sure. Go in!” Everyone rushed to enter the van and Manager Minho walked away to the first van leaving Lillie behind. “So? Are you entering or not?!”

Lillie quickly took her seat inside the van where other members of the staff were. They didn't seem to care about her but still she felt watched.

Her stomach made a loud noise and Lillie covered it blushing deeply. The girl beside her looked at her from the corner of her eyes but didn't say anything. Lillie looked away trying to forget how hungry she was. Hopefully at the tv studio they would have food vending machines.

2d2c4l0.jpg

Eventually they reached the studio and after following the staff around - and helping them carry some of their stuff - Lillie met Manager Minho again who guided her through the broadcast station to where the SHINee members were.

Her stomach was hurting now and while she rushed to follow the man - that didn’t seem that pleased to work as a guide to her - she tried to find a coffee shop or some kind of food vending machine. Unfortunately, she wasn’t able to stop and search since they reached SHINee’s waiting room.

Inside, the members were listening to a woman, probably the producers assistant that was pointing to a sheet and giving them some instructions. They were already wearing their outfits for the show, slightly different from the ones they used at the fansite and Jinki smiled softy at Lillie once she entered, the small almost interceptable gesture made her hide behind Manager’s Minho.

She was feeling a little overwhelmed now, as if she entered a sacred territory, a place where she wasn’t supposed to be, which wasn’t that far from the truth.

Once the woman finished the brief meeting with the members she turned to leave only to be stopped by Manager Minho.

“This is my cousin.” He said introducing Lillie that had to endure a formal conversation with the woman where she pretended to know Manager Minho for more than a few hours, where she had to vaguely talk about what she did and was praised for her good korean speaking skills. “She is staying here for a while if you don't mind.”

“Sure, no problem. She came to see how it works behind the cameras.”

“Something like that…” Manager Minho’s eyes met Jinki’s that was behind the woman and Lillie made a huge effort to keep a straight face while he sent some weird signs Manager’s way. The man took a deep breath seeming slightly annoyed and then smiled at the assistant warmly. Lillie had the impression that they were closer to each other more than they seemed.

“Is it possible if she watches the recording also?”

“Sure. No problem! See you soon.”

They waited until she left and then Manager Minho groaned and turned to Jinki.

“You owe me one, more than one actually!”

Jinki smiled apologetically at the man and then his eyes moved to Lillie, only to her. And he wasn't the only one watching her. All SHINee members were looking at her curiously and Lillie freaked out a little. Yes, she was in front of them before at the fansign, she even met Jonghyun before but now she was with all 5 of them inside a small room and they were all focused on her.

"I'll just sit there. I won’t disturb!" She said quietly.

“Well I’ll be here once it’s time.” Manager Minho announced leaving the room.

Lillie trying to be invisible and failing to do so approached the couch to sit but soon changed her mind because the only space available was between Minho and Kibum.

“So...Manager’s Minho cousin!” Kibum laughed out loud.

“Finally we meet you.” Minho greeted her brightly.

“It’s a huge honor to meet you all. I’m a big fan!” Lillie let her inner fangirl to come out but as soon as her eyes met Jinki’s she blushed deeply. She was probably deeply red, her face heat up a lot.

“You are a teacher, right?” Kibum asked seeming rather curious. Probably wondering what kind of girl Jinki was dating. They always appeared to be close, and according to Jinki they were so Lillie was sure they would evaluate her and see if she was dimmed to date Jinki.

“Yes. I teach english at a…”

“Usually we don’t introduce our girlfriends to each other.” Kibum interrupted.

“True, you are the first one we met.” Taemin added.

Lillie wasn't sure if that was good or bad and she searched for Jinki’s expression to find out. However he was looking at her with a blank face, biting his lower lip slightly.

“Hum ...I’m hungry!” Jonghyun suddenly interrupted. His comment brought a mixed response from the others. Minho stared at him as if he was confused, Taemin barely seemed to notice it and Kibum widened his eyebrows and suddenly stood up.

“Oh me too. Let’s get something to eat!”

“Right now?” Minho was surprised “But we aren’t supposed to leave the room and we just ate!”

“Let’s go!” Jonghyun chuckled awkwardly and grabbed Minho’s arm making him stand up. “We will be back later. Taemin why don’t you stay outside keeping watch...for Manager Minho!”

“Wait what?” Minho and Taemin confusion was priceless and for a while and until she realized what they were trying to do Lillie watched them on a daze.

Her idols, were trying to give her a moment alone with Jinki. She her lips nervously watching them go a bit sorrowful because they were going to get food and she was famished. Would it be weird to follow them or ask them to bring her some food?! Was it not proper?! After all you don’t ask your favorite artists to do you favours. Lillie made a gesture to follow them but gave up. It was better to go eat later. She turned around and almost jumped startled when she remembered that Jinki was still with her.

“You seem disappointed.” He pointed out.

“No...I…” She looked at the door, her stomach complaining silently.

Jinki frowned “Do you want me to call them? You don't want to be alone with me?”

“No...What, no, it’s not that!”

He sighed and leaned against a small round table in the corner of the room, where several makeup and beauty products were.

“It’s just that I’m a little hungry and I thought that maybe I could go get some food too.”

He raised one eyebrow trying to decide if she was being for real or not.

“You are acting weird. As if you aren’t pleased to be here.”

“I am. I’m just a bit overwhelmed with everything.”

“I only wanted to show you a little bit of my world. You said you are a fan and you were always curious about how it worked, the backstage of it…”

“Yes, I am.” She approached him “I wasn’t expecting it,that’s all.”

He pouted looking to the side “And you don’t have anything to say to me?”

Lillie blinked her eyes trying to think about what was left unsaid between them. Well besides her silly confession in the letter she couldn’t think of anything else. He couldn't’ mean that, right?!

“N-no.”

He stared at her making her gulp and then took a deep breath and looked up at the ceiling. “I thought you would react more to it. That it would matter more to you.”

His voice seemed a little sad or disappointed and Lillie hugged herself. Did she screw up that relationship already?! That was fast!

”What would? I’m confused.”

He his lips “What I wrote to you, in your album.”

Lillie blushed slightly remembering how happy she was to read the words only to realize he wrote them to every fan.

“Oh, I loved it!” Her eyes shined bright but didn't seem to be enough for him.

“Really?”

“Yes! It’s every fans dream to get an autograph from her idol!”

“But…” He sighed moving away from the table and getting closer to her. “You aren’t only a fan to me right?”

Lillie’s eyes moved to his lips that were now close to hers and she swallowed hard. Once she looked up his eyes were on her lips and it made her tremble in desire and need. He also wanted to kiss her.

“I’m not.”

“And what I wrote wasn’t directed at a fan!”

“It wasn’t?”

He frowned “Did you read what I wrote or not?”

“I did but I thought…” The truth was another though “I was scared to believe it meant more.” She confessed, “I was afraid to get hurt.”

He groaned frustrated and for a few seconds she thought he would scold her - he did seem exasperated and upset - but he didn't, he smiled gently.

“I love you. It’s not only words, or the kind of love I feel for my friends and fans. It’s...different.” His ears got a little red and her heart ached for him “I love you.”

She knew what kind of different that was. She felt the same but it was harder for her to say it, because once she did she opened up a door to her heart, to all of her. It was scary to make what she felt real with such simple words, but it wasn’t a lie what she felt.

“I love you too.” It was almost a whisper and she felt her cheeks heat up once again. It was her first time saying them and meaning it. And they weren’t no longer words she uttered out of fear, as she did with her ex boyfriend. They were real and she wanted him to know they were “I really mean it.”

He smiled, this time brightly, his eyes lighting up and she realized she was smiling back with the same intensity.

Something inside her broke, as if she finally got rid of chains that were making her a prisoner of the pain from the past.

“Look at us…” He said caressing her cheek “How romantic we are right now.”

She giggled just before he kissed her, the passion making her gasp against his lips. She wasn't used to it, to that intensity in only one kiss but she let herself go, allowing his arms to wrap around her, her body to fit against his. Lillie held on to him afraid that her body would fail her, her heart beating fast.

It was insane to do it there and yet the danger of it excited her and it seemed to excite him too.

His hand moved down her back while the other was on her neck, holding her against his lips and it was marvelous to feel them soft, hot and yet wet against hers. She wished they weren’t there and she could kiss him like that longer but it was not possible.

The idea of letting him go nauseated her, made her weak on her knees and her head lighted.

It took Lillie a while to realize that it wasn’t that the cause of her suddenly sickness. Her blood pressure was lowering and she no longer could hold on to Jinki.

“I’m not feeling well.” She weakly said pushing him away from her.

“What?”

“I need to lay down.” Her head was going round and round and she barely was able to give one step in the direction of the couch before her legs failed her and everything turned into a blur.

Warm and strong arms lifted her up and she saw Jinki’s worried face next to hers before he placed her over the couch. She closed her eyes and took deep quick breaths until her body seemed to obey her again.

“What's wrong? Want me to call a doctor?”

Suddenly it wasn’t only Jinki talking and she realized the other members were back. Jinki explained to them that she almost fainted and she heard them give several suggestions about what they should do.

“I’m fine!” She managed to say sitting up on the couch. However, her head was still light and she felt dizzy again.

“Just lay down!” Jinki almost ordered pushing her down again. “I’m calling someone to help!”

“No! I’m really fine. It's low blood pressure because I didn’t eat.” She pressed her lips together because all the boys were looking at her. That was embarrassing and very irresponsible of her. “I wasn’t able to eat since breakfast and…”

“What?” Jinki seemed very upset.

“It’s almost dinner time!” Taemin remarked as if it was needed.

“Yes but I didn’t really have time and…”

Jinki sighed and before he had time to scold her again Jonghyun was already at the door “I’m getting her some food from the vending machine.”

“Yes, you will feel better in no time.” Kibum said gently “Bring her some coffee too.”

“Yes and things with sugar, it helps!” Minho pointed out.

“Chocolate too!” Taemin added.

Lillie looked from one to another and felt extremely grateful that they were genuinely concerned with her. At the same time she hoped that that stupid act of her didnt lead them to have a bad opinion about her.

It didn't take longer for Jonghyun to arrive with the food and several snacks and a bottle of iced coffee were placed in front of her. She started eating still feeling a bit embarrassed so Minho joined while he bickered with Jonghyun about which of the snacks was the best. Lillie smiled delighted and relieved that she was finally eating. And the best thing was Jinki sitting beside her, watching her as if she was precious, acting protectively, caring for her.

It has been so long since she felt like that and that short moment, even if embarrassing, made her realize how lonely she felt and how wonderful it was to be loved.

“After the recording we will eat something delicious, alright?” He promised, speaking quietly to her, under the sound of Kibum’s laughter and Taemin, Minho and Jonghyun noisy argument.

“I’ll pay this time, as a thank you for this.”

“The food? It was Jonghyun who bought it.”

“No, just ...this, this moment.” She bit on her bread smiling to herself and he caressed her hand briefly, too embarrassed to let the other notice.

Being surrounded by the people she admired the most. It wasn’t for everyone.

 


 

FK8xx9MVH_SEyAffItqom4sy4PB0wRH3eO6IfZMhgvmhmPYIK-_-ydDW1mae0S4KpGQDIoaPsu9iMrQVdERsUa0pV4rnQbkPETNal4ZojHYQNDtpGOu6ghkcNYBW9iXYanS6M3fP

 

This chapter was a freaking mess. So bad I cringed reading and rewriting it. It grew in size as you can see and I changed parts and added things, cut others but it makes more sense now. If I could I would totally change it since it sounds very ridiculous to me now, but well I can’t. I hope you enjoy this new version of it, that makes way more sense. Thanks for reading it again.