Chapter 3 - Moon*

Dating an Idol

(rewritten)

Lillie woke up with the sound of her alarm clock. She rolled in bed and lazily switched it off before laying with her tummy up, thinking about the changes that have occurred in her life over the past two weeks. Unbelievably she was dating Lee Jinki, SHINee's leader.  The thought brought a smile to her face that she couldn't control every time it crosses her mind.

As she predicted Jules forgave Minjae the next day and now they were back together. It was as if nothing happened. Lillie couldn’t understand Jules and the way she always forgave Minjae betrayals every time he met his ex-girlfriend. If it was Jinki she didn’t know how she would react, but probably she wouldn’t forgive him easily. She always valued faithfulness and respect over everything. And yet...she was the same weak person that let herself be hurt and abused in the past. 

As promised, Lillie kept talking with Jinki every day. He often called her very late, after he arrived from work, very late at night. She always insisted to wait for his call because she needed to hear his voice every day to be sure she wasn’t dreaming and he was, in fact, dating her.

Sometimes he would be so tired that he would fall asleep talking to Lillie, leaving her speaking alone. They were dating but almost no one knew about it. Apart from close friends and the other members from SHINee it was a secret.

That was the main reason that made Lillie feel insecure, however still happy. Seeing Jinki on a television show or on a video performance and knowing that he was her boyfriend, that those romantic lyrics he sang were for her, made her heart flutter as nothing else did before.

The need of him was making Lillie dizzy and seeing him on tv not being able to hug him and above all kiss him was making her crazy. Most of the times she felt like a ert, daydreaming about his lips.

Jules started to notice it and began to , saying that her little Lillie grow up and now only wanted to make bunnies with Lee Jinki.

It was true in a way. Lillie wanted him, she desired him! He was her boyfriend after all and the last time she saw him was two weeks ago. He was busy touring Japan lately and she barely could see him. Speaking with him by cell phone or text messages wasn’t enough to satiate the thirst for him that she had.

Even if he sent her the sweetest texts ever.

"L did you ate already? You have to eat so you can talk to me later! <3 "

"Miss you! ^ ^"

"I'm thinking about you ..."

"I found a Tokki soft toy perfect for you. I'll buy it! "

 

These texts were often followed by a selca he took just for her. Every time she got one of his messages she had the need to fangirl so hard that some coworkers started mentioning that she had a boyfriend. Little did they know that he was the best boyfriend in the world.

She rose from her bed and rubbed her eyes. It was Saturday and she thought about cleaning the house. Jules was being lazy again and the house was a mess. Her handphone started playing the song "Your Name". It was the ringtone she associated with Jinki. She almost threw herself out of bed to answer it.

"Hello?"

"Good morning! Did you sleep well? "

"Yes. The song that you sang me yesterday helped “she blushed remembering him singing her One the previous day."And you? Did you sleep well? "

"I would have slept better if you had given me a goodnight kiss. But .."

"I would have if you were standing next to me."

“That is the reason I’m calling. I'm now at the airport. I'm catching the plane back to Korea. I have the rest of the day and I thought we could meet this evening...”

"Really? Where? "

"I'll send you a text later with the time and place when I get to Korea. Now I have to go ...”

"Okay see you soon! "

To hell with house chores! She had a date with Onew!

 

They decided to meet at the exit of the subway station; he was going to pick her up there.

Lillie never took so long to pick a suitable outfit for any occasion. She decided on a dark blue dress, black boots and tights. She had read in an interview that he liked dresses. She felt silly not knowing whether it was true or not. It’s a little disturbing when a magazine knows more than you about your boyfriend. She put on makeup, nothing special, because she never used much makeup, anyway. She put her black jacket on and went practically bouncing with joy to the station.

When she got there she started to feel nervous. Lillie hasn’t seen him for so long. What if he changed his mind and didn’t want to be her boyfriend anymore? What if he realized it was all a mistake and that he couldn't risk his career dating someone like her?

She felt stupid for letting her insecurity win over her. The night before was special with his sweet and tired voice singing One to her.  He told her about the concert and she praised his voice so much that he offered to sing a song to her before going to bed.

Without letting her say anything more he began singing softly.

”The morning sunlight is like you, It might be a little childish, but I like it, If I'm by your side when you wake me up, I have nothing more to wish for. I want to see you. "

The way he sang was so heartfelt and the lyrics meant so much.

“I love you only, as much as the sky ,you truly are the reason I live. I really, really, I want to hug you like crazy. We’re still going too fast, right?”

When he finished singing she had tears in her eyes.

"Lillie, did you fall asleep?" Every time she heard her name come out from his lips her heart filled with love. She loved him!

"Yes, it was beautiful! Thank you! "

"You are the one who is beautiful! I can do this every night. There are so many perfect songs to associate with you.”

She chuckled ignoring the fact that he said that she was beautiful. He said that to her every day.

"Oh yeah ... like Ring Ding Dong or Lucifer?"

She heard a laugh from the other side.

"No, I was thinking about YOU, Honesty, Beautiful, or ... In your eyes"

That last song had a strong effect on her and he knew it. She always listened to it when she missed him and she once told him that it was her favorite song. He promised he would sing it to her someday. They talked for another 10 minutes before he was so tired that he no longer answered properly to her.

At that moment a young man almost bumped into her and she returned to the present time.

Onew tried to park near the subway station. He arrived a little early and did not take his eyes off of the station. He missed her so much. Missed her smile, her voice (so different on the phone), and the smell of her hair, her lips, everything.

He leaned back in the car seat. He was really tired after another concert in Japan. Those free hours were for him to rest, but he needed to charge batteries, he needed to be with her. She was his battery.  

He returned from the airport, took a shower, and choose something to wear. He took a lot of time on that last task and Minho made fun of him.  After that, he practically flew there.  He blinked his tired eyes when he saw a tall girl with a blue dress, boots and jacket emerging from inside the subway station. Her hair waved with the wind and she looked around searching for something or someone.... him!

"Lillie ..." he muttered. She was beautiful and she did all that just for him. He was filled with pride. He watched her for a few minutes. She looked like she was thinking about something. He secretly wished she was thinking about him.

Jinki was going to open the window of his car to call her when he remembered that on that busy street, there would surely be someone who knew him. He picked up his cellphone and sent her a message.

"You look so beautiful. Look at the other side of the road! "

Lillie glanced at the other side of the road where his car was parked. She crossed the road, carefully not to get hit by a car, of course, and opened the door sitting beside him. He looked amazing with his blue jeans and a dark blue sweater, but the smile faded from her face when she noticed the dark circles under his eyes.

"You look so tired, we should not have met today. You should be resting. "

"Well, hello to you too!" he greeted smiling and leaning over giving her a quick peck on the lips, his fingers touching her cheek, his nose detecting her scent of white lilies. "I'm fine, this is nothing. You should have seen me when we filmed Everybody. And looking at you makes me full of energy. If you give me a hug I think I'm capable of doing a couple more concerts today! "

She focused her attention on his smile and his insinuations, her heart beating crazily. That was really happening. She was with him and she could kiss him.

"Very well Mr. Lee Jinki. I think I can give you that hug, but before that, I need to know where we are going and if I can hug you there. I don’t want your back to hurt again old man, like the last time! " She teased making his grin fall.

"Hey, I'm not an old man!" He pouted cutely. "I was thinking about going to eat something. I know a restaurant where we can be alone without being disturbed. They have a few special rooms for small groups who want privacy and I know the owners so we're safe. Feel like eating Bulgogi? "

"Yes, sure! Sounds good to me!” Anywhere with him seemed good to her. “But if it's that private it's probably expensive? Maybe I'm not dressed properly...” she looked at her lap in thought and he chuckled.

"Oh, Lillie you look beautiful.” His eyes moved to her body making her feel hot  “Don’t you trust me? I'm actually glad they have special rooms so I won’t have to share you with anyone else in the restaurant.” He joked making her bit her lip “About the rest don’t worry, I will pay. You can repay me later in another way. "He looked away not noticing the way she melted with what he said.

What did he mean by repaying in another way?! She avoided looking at him in the eyes and blushed. Lee Jinki had a ert side and she liked it!

"Ok, I can repay you." she murmured, thinking about stealing some kisses from him later.  "But you shouldn’t lie when you say I'm beautiful!"

"Aish you are so stubborn! I told you you're beautiful! You may not believe, but for me you are, ok?! I'm not lying. " It annoyed him that she never believed his compliments.

He grabbed her chin gently to make her look at him. “I tell you that you are beautiful every day! I never lie to you. I'll say it many times until you accept. "

Lillie pouted back. She wanted to believe that he saw her like that, so badly.  Then she remembered something and turned to him.

"Do you like dresses? Long or short hair? Too much or little makeup? Hum, you like shy girls or girls who take the initiative? "

She asked all the questions that she could remember from the magazine she read about SHINee taste on women.

He looked at her with a puzzled look until he realized that he was sick of answering those questions in magazines.

They do it so many times that the members were used to change their answers every time to make them more interesting although sometimes the answers were not quite true.

His girlfriend was insecure about his tastes on women. Jinki sighed. Staying for a long time apart from one another was not helping build her trust. Even with all the talking, they had on the phone which sometimes lasted for hours she wasn't convinced that she was the girl he wanted regardless of how she dressed or styled her hair. He wondered why she was so insecure, she was cute and had a beautiful smile, she was fun to be around with and he was certain that she probably had a good body under her clothes. He gulped only thinking about it, his body heating immediately. Of course, she wasn’t a model or one of those beautiful girls he saw almost everyday but she was beautiful. More beautiful to him than all of them, because he liked her because he wanted her…

With that in mind, he looked at her carefully, his eyes moving from her brown hair that he liked to caress, to her clever eyes, her small nose, and tasty lips.

"Hmm. I like dresses. I like girls with medium length hair. I like shy girls who sometimes take the initiative!" He answered looking at her, describing the girl in front of him.

She mentally analyzed his answers and the way he stared at her until realizing that he was describing her. making her frown.

"You can’t do that!" Lillie pointed her finger at him "that's cheating! Tell me the truth.”

"The truth? Damn Lillie, I like you! All I want is you. If you wear a dress I like it, if you wear pants I like it also. I love your hair regardless of the size it has. I like it when you wear a little makeup because I think you're beautiful anyway but if you want to use a lot, fine by me. Who is underneath is what's important. And I love when you blush on the phone when you say you like me or you miss my hugs or kisses. Yes I know you blush. I can imagine it every time I talk with you. It’s adorable!"

He smiled softly before sneaking his hand to her using it to tickle her side. He was tired of those insecurities and wanted to see her smile instead.

She bent over and tried to take his hand off of her, laughing.

"Ya Lee Jinki stop! Ok I accept your answer!"

He removed his hand and watched her catch her breath.

"Very good, you are learning." He threw at her one of his best smiles and she ignored him the best she could. It was hard when it came to his deadly eye smiles. "Today, by the end of the day I'll make you admit you're beautiful!" he started the car ignoring the strange look she sent him. Did he really see her like that? Could someone like her be really beautiful in his eyes?

Unlike what Jinki said the restaurant had an expensive look and Lillie felt nervous only by looking at it. They parked the car in the private parking lot and got out from it. Jinki waited for her and she walked slowly to his side almost hiding behind him. He smiled because she was clearly not used to go to places like that.

He ignored her nervous eyes moving from to the door of the restaurant and walked to it. She stopped him pulling at the sleeve of his coat.

"Jinki, I think we'd better go somewhere else..."

"Why? Don’t you like it? The food here is very good!"

"It’s not that. I work as a teacher and my salary is not a big deal."

Jinki grabbed her hand.

"Don’t worry! I said I will pay! "

He turned and pulled her with him but she quickly released his hand.

"But that's not fair! I also want to pay! "

"You pay next time. Ok? You even said you would repay me right?”

She looked at him a little reticent. Where would she take him with her salary?! MacDonald's?! 

"Okay ..."

They held hands all the way to the restaurant but once a couple left the restaurant and passed by them she released his hand quickly.

Jinki looked at her knowing the reason she did it and hating it, his hand closing feeling the lack of hers on his.

Inside the restaurant while he talked to his friend she took the opportunity to look around.

So that was how a restaurant often visited by famous people looked like! She thought to herself. The tables were filled with several couples and some families. Everything was with an impeccable appearance.

"Let’s go?" Jinki asked startling her. She followed him through a hallway and went into a room where an employee received their request and closed the door behind her.

They were alone again. He looked at her silently and she smiled at him.

He was quiet, too quiet and she felt nervous while he looked at her with his elbows on the table as if she was a painting that he was trying to interpret.

"Do I have something on my face?" She asked covering her hot cheeks. She felt so overwhelmed with feels every time he touched her or even looked at her.

"No ..." He answered simply still looking at her.

"Is there a problem?”

"Hum, I wonder.... Is there?" He raised his eyebrows still staring at her, his eyes moving to her lips making her cover them with her napkin and then back to her eyes.

"Is this one of your games?" She asked knowing how sometimes on the phone he liked to make little guessing games with her.

"No!"

He was so serious that she was starting to get worried. He was never that serious. But what did she knew anyway? In two weeks of dating she had only seen him twice.

Lillie looked at her hands on the table suddenly feeling a little sad. There was so much to know about him. She knew the Jinki as friend not the one as boyfriend.

"Did I do something wrong?" She asked raising her eyes to him.

"Did you?” He seemed surprised with her question.

"Ah Jinki! What's wrong? " She couldn’t stand it anymore.

"Why did you drop my hand?" he asked looking at her with those tokki eyes. He knew the answer and yet it hurt.

So that's why he was like that. She was just trying to protect him. No one could know that they were dating.

"Jinki we are in a public place. Can you imagine what would happen if they saw us holding hands? " It was silly how she had to explain that to him. He knew exactly why she did it.

"They saw us together ..." He simply said.

"But it’s different; we can be only friends ..."

"Are we just friends?"

"NO!" she said perhaps too loud "We are lovers, but..."

"Ah! Thank goodness! I just wanted to confirm! " Jinki grinned pleased with himself. She fell into his trap making him happy.

He was only playing with her, wanting her to say that they were dating. The idiot!

One hour later both were sitting opposite each other eating their dinner. While he cooked the meat she wrapped it in lettuce and feed him.

Lillie watched him chewing the meat that she gave him with a smile. It was so good to see him eat. If she tried really hard she could ignore his tired eyes and just concentrate her attention on the way his lips moves while he talked to her, the glow of his eyes or his fluffy blonde hair that she wanted to mess up so badly.

He leaned over to pick up a napkin he dropped on the floor and she reached to him so she could straighten his hair. She could not miss the opportunity to touch it and that was the perfect excuse.

Mental note: touch Jinki hair when he kissed her.

Second mental note: She could kiss him right then, but he was too far away so she had to wait for a better opportunity.

He stared at her with a mischievous look after she fixed his hair showing her that he knew exactly what she was thinking.

However they were still very far away to do it. As if both had the same idea, she started to eat faster and Jinki started to put the meat on the grill quicker. He wanted to kiss her as badly as she wanted to kiss him.

Lillie watched him eating her last piece of meat “Where are we going next?"

“I think you'll love it. It's a very special place, a lot of people have seen it but few went there."He said smiling without taking his eyes off of the meat.

And the riddles were back…

"This is hard! I don’t know. Hum the moon! "Lillie replied with "I’m not in the mood for this anymore" face. "Come on Jinki tell me ..."

He gave her another piece of meat.

"Oh ... the moon is a good answer." He looked at her in thought and grinned "See how I am a good boyfriend? I’m going to take you to the moon."he enjoyed  his silly joke laughing by himself.

"Not funny Jinki! Tell me.... "

Then she had an idea. She knew one of his weaknesses. In one of their phone conversations she called one of her coworkers’ oppa and he seemed upset wanting her to call him that also. She never did though; it was too much of her heart to handle, even if she wanted to do it.  It was so cliché and embarrassing but at the same time it was cute and made her feel more than ever, closer to him.

It was the time to melt his heart and make him reveal his secrets to her.

"Tell me, please” Lillie looked at him with her most innocent eyes and with the chopsticks in . That was her weak attempt at being innocent and y. He laughed with her attempt of doing aegyo but “...oppa!"

His smile disappeared and he stared at her, swallowing hard with an intense look. He wanted to kill her! Almost a month without touching her and she calls him oppa making all the cells of his body want her. That couldn’t be healthy.

He looked at the meat that was burning, now forgotten on the grill and he took the meat to a plate. He didn’t want to eat, he wanted her. He looked up at her again closing his eyes before talking.

"It's a surprise Lillie! You will see at the right time! Still hungry? "

The change in his voice surprised her a little. He wasn’t smiling anymore and he addressed her by her name in such an intense way. She looked at his eyes curious. Lillie knew that gaze, it was the one he always had on SHINee y performances. Her trick worked but not the way she expected.

"I'm full ..." she announced not taking her eyes off of him.

"Good. Me too. Come on! "

He got up picking his coat and dressing it up quickly.

"You can take the car keys and go first. Wait in it I'll just pay and go too. "

Lillie complained a little bit because he was the one paying, but she did what he told her.

She went outside but didn’t enter the car. It was her small way of rebelling against him. She spotted a garden stone bench and decided to sit there for a moment.  Lillie looked for her handphone in her hand bag to see if she had new messages. Nothing special. No one cared about her besides Jules and him. She threw it back inside the bag and closed her eyes breathing the fresh night air. He looked so y when she called him oppa. She shivered only thinking about it. Could she even ask him that again? It was so embarrassing.

Jinki left the restaurant and searched for her but she wasn’t inside or next to his car. He looked around worried as if she was a little girl until he saw her a few meters away sitting on a stone bench, her eyes closed and her head raised slightly as if she was listening to the night sounds. .

"What is she doing?" he mumbled walking to her, stopping just in front of her. "Lillie..."

Lillie opened her eyes and he was in front of her with his blonde hair slightly ruffled because of the wind. She didn’t know what got into her, but she rose up from the bench and placed her hands on his cheeks pulling him to her. Her lips moved to his and she quickly kissed him. It was the first time she did something like that but she couldn’t help it anymore.  "Thank you!”... For the dinner, for being who you are, for loving me.

Jinki didn’t let her hands move from his cheek and grabbed them. That kiss was very brief in his opinion.

His face moved closer to hers and he grabbed her hands pulling them to his neck instead. His hand moved to her waist and he pulled her against him. She whimpered with the warm contact of his body against hers. The wind made her hair move to her face covering her eyes and mouth but she never stopped looking at his eyes. She was wordless with his intense gaze and his free hand, the one that wasn’t on her back swiftly pulled her brown hair away from her face and lips, his eyes falling immediately to her perfect lips that he wished so much to kiss. She closed her eyes immediately when his mouth moved to hers and Jinki watched for a while smitten with the power he had over her. His thumb moved on her lower lip and she opened waiting for him and his lips.

He didn’t waste any other second and kissed her, softly at first and then a little more demanding but just enough to not scare her away. She moved her arms around his neck, pulling herself closer to him, her hands moving to his hair where she tangled her fingers.

Mental note: mission accomplished!

She wanted to do it since she saw him earlier that day.

He parted his lips from hers for a moment but they remained embraced with his lips inches from hers.

"Thank you?" His hands moved from her neck up to her face. His thumb touched her lips again. This time they were wet and she kissed his finger making him crazy.

"For everything! For today and for liking me! " She said once again just like she did on the first day they met. He still remembered how she thanked him. For the music, for everything…

She looked at his chest embarrassed and he used his hand to pull her chin up so he could see her eyes again. Maybe if he looked deeper into them he would understand what she meant with everything.

However she closed her eyes again and kissed him awkwardly but the best she could making his heart flutter. She was so cute and precious that he answered back, caressing her cheek tenderly.

"I should be the one to thank you…” he whispered against her lips “You agreed to be my girlfriend. You are so beautiful.... "

With his right hand he removed her hair from her forehead and began to slowly kiss her there , giving little kisses on her temple, cheek and descending down to her lips.

She closed her eyes feeling his lips on her skin, forgetting completely how crazy they were being for doing that on the parking lot. She never felt so happy, she never felt so loved and desired. His kisses made her so weak that she didn’t had the strength to stubbornly deny that she was beautiful.

He stopped inches from her lips watching her. "Do you admit that you are beautiful?" His lips were brushing against hers, promising a kiss, but he moved them away waiting for her answer.

"But I'm not ...." Lillie answered approaching her lips to his, yearning for that promise. Lillie used her hands to pull him by his coat close to her when he pulled away again.

"No! Without saying that you are beautiful there's no kiss" He grabbed her hands in his and held them moving closer to Lillie brushing his lips seductively against hers again.

Lillie cried in protest thinking of something she could use against him.

"No oppa!" she said looking at his lips and removing her hands away from his.

He let her free herself from his hold; ignoring the he felt whenever she called him oppa.

"Well then let's go."

Jinki turned away from her and headed to the car not even waiting for her. "Come on ...” he stopped realizing she wasn’t following him “you are the one who has the car key! I still need to take you to the moon."

He laughed at her curious reaction, her feet slowly moving to follow him.

Was he going to leave her like that?! All needy? Wanting him to kiss her? He was so mean…

Damn you Lee Jinki!

 

This chapter was finaly rewritten...I got lazy in some parts and improved others a lot more. 

The song One (if you want to listen to it, or just reread the chapter listening...i dont know):