Helped

Unconditional Love

 

Helped

Nana woke up with a headache and swollen eyes. She didn't have the energy to stand up. Her body was so weak and tired.

Grandma...

Nana remembered about her grandmother and tried to stand up. She stumbled a little but still managed to hold on to something so she won't fall. Nana took a long time to go downstairs. The good smell of food could be smelled by Nana. Nana heard little noises from the kitchen.

"Grandma?" Nana called in her weak voice.

Thank God, her grandmother still had good ears. She turned around and saw Nana who leaned to the wall with a pale face.

"Omo! Nana! What happened?" Her grandmother left the kitchen and went to help her. She touched Nana's forehead and it was hot. "You have a fever, Nana. You should go back to sleep. Don't go to school today." The elder helped Nana up to her bedroom again.

"But, your cough..." Nana muttered as she lied down on her bed.

"Aigoo.. I'm healthy now. Don't worry about me, dear. I will bring the food and some medicine here." Her grandmother went out.

Nana felt her head spun around and it hurt so much. She closed her eyes, trying to hold the pain. Later on, her grandmother went back with some food on the tray and pills. She helped her granddaughter ate the food slowly but it ended up Nana threw all the food up. After eating the medicine, Nana tried to sleep again.

 

Tara sent her fifth message to Nana. She kept watching her phone screen but there was no reply from her. Tara was worried if something happened to her. She couldn't see her face clearly yesterday since it was nighttime and dark but she was certainly sure that Nana was crying.

"Where's Nana?" The teacher asked when he noticed an empty chair. No one answered. The teacher looked at Tara.

"She's sick, I think. She's not replying my messages." Tara replied.

Kai's mind tried to remember her face from last night. She looked so fragile and pale. Kai felt guilty for not taking her back home. Now, he was worried if she was kidnapped or by someone.

Did she arrive at home safely? How did she go back? By what?

There was something that hit Kai's mind. He didn't know where she even lived or even her phone number. Kai ruffled his hair and leaned back with a long sigh. His friends turned to him and looked weirdly at him. 

 

Should I ask Tara for Nana's address? No, no. It will look so weird and awkward. Where can I get her address then? Kai thought. He was confused for a moment but then he knew where he could get her address. 

During recess, Kai went straight to the school administration office. 

"Yes?" The lady spoke as Kai stood in front of the table with confused face. 

"Uh, mmm.. Can I have Nana's address?" Kai shyly asked. "Im Nana, from grade 11." At least he knew her full name. 

The lady checked on the computer. 

"May I know for what?" The lady lifted her head up. 

"My homeroom teacher told me to visit her because she's sick today." Kai lied. Kai had to lie so she could give the address to him. 

The lady nodded and wrote the address on a piece of paper. "Here you go." She handed the paper to Kai. Kai bowed and took the paper. 

"Thank you, Miss." 

Kai went out and when he looked at the address, Kai was surprised. 

She lives in _____?!

He knew this street. It was quite far away from the school and even more far away from his house. Now, Kai was imagining her took a bus from her house for about one hour just to clean his house and made him food. And then, she had to go back to her house, alone for another an hour. 

 

Kai decided to visit her after school but before that, he went to a restaurant and a market to buy porridge and some fruits. Kai didn't know what to give to a sick person. It was his first time doing like this to a girl. 

Kai had no problem in finding her house. It was neither a big house nor a small house. It was like any normal two stores house. The neighborhood was so clean, tranquil and peaceful. 

Kai went out from his car with the porridge and the fruits. Kai was so nervous and scared at the same time. He pressed the bell and waited. 

A very old lady opened up the door with a warm smile. "Yes?" 

"Mm, is this Nana's house?" Kai asked. 

"Yes, young man. Are you her friend?" The old lady answered. "Come in, come in."

Kai nodded and went inside. It wasn't like his house. He could somehow feel that the house was full of warmness and love. "Is she here?" 

"Yes. She's sleeping right now." 

Kai nodded again and then handed out the porridge and the fruits. "I bought this for her." 

The old lady smiled. "Oh, how kind of you, dear!" Kai put them on the table. "She must be very happy if she knows you give this." 

Kai just smiled at her. 

"Wait here. I will wake her up." 

"Oh, no. Don't wake her up." Kai said quickly. "I just want to give the food." 

"Ah, I see." The old lady nodded. 

Kai noticed picture frames hung on the wall. All of them were photos of Nana when she was still a young kid. Kai smiled secretly. 

"I should go now. Thank you." Kai bowed. 

"You're welcome, dear. I'll let her know you went here." The old lady opened the door for Kai. 

Where are her parents? That was the question he wanted to ask. 

 

Nana woke up and felt much better after sleeping for hours. She was able to walk normally without holding on to something. 

"Nana? Are you awake?" 

"Yes, grandma." Nana replied as she went downstairs. It was 5pm already. "Whose is this?" Nana pointed to the porridge and the fruits on the table. 

"It's yours. Your guy friend gave that." 

"Guy friend? Who?" Nana looked confused. 

"I forgot to ask his name but he has a sweet smile." Her grandmother said. 

It can't be Kai. Kai wouldn't do this kind of thing. Kai doesn't care about me. 

Nana ate the porridge while thinking about the guy who gave them. 

 

"Let me buy the ingredients, grandma." Nana insisted. "I feel fine now." 

Nana didn't want her grandmother walk alone to the market just to buy ingredients for their dinner. 

"No, let me buy them." Her grandmother spoke. 

"Grandma, please. Let me." Nana pleaded. 

The elder sighed and gave the money. "Be careful." 

Nana gave a light kiss on her cheek and went out. 

 

Nana gave the cashier the money and then brought the plastic bag full of the ingredients she needed. The sky was dark already. It only took 10 minutes by foot to go back to her house. Nana walked on the dark street alone. Suddenly, three men showed up in front of Nana. Nana took few steps back. 

"Hello, pretty girl." One of them said with a smirk. "Where are you going?" 

They moved closer while Nana moved back. She tightened her grips on the plastic bag. 

"Don't be afraid. We won't bite." The other said and tried to touch Nana. 

"Go away." Nana spoke. She looked down so they couldn't see her face. 

"Hmmm, feisty? I like it." 

Nana stopped walking and kept her head down while the one of them reached out his hand, trying to touch Nana's hair. Nana shut her eyes, scared. 

"Keep your dirty hand away from her." Someone said. 

Nana opened her eyes slowly and saw an unknown man holding the man's hand with a strong grip. Nana couldn't see his face clearly because of his hoodie and his bangs. 

The man snapped his hand and walked back with the other two. He ran away while murmuring something. 

"Are you ok?" The unknown man asked while looking at Nana who seemed scared. 

Nana nodded. "Thank you." 

"No problem." He returned. "Where do you live?" 

Nana pointed out to her house which was in the corner of the street. 

"Ok. Let's go." The man then took the  plastic bag from Nana's hand. Nana didn't move. The man looked back. "You don't want them to come back, right?" Nana shook her head. "Then let's go. I will walk you to your house." 

Nana kept her distance from him. She  didn't want to get too close to a stranger although he just saved her life. Nana stopped in front of her house. Nana took the bag from him and bowed. 

"Thank you for saving me." Nana shyly said. 

The man put his hoodie down and Nana was amazed of how handsome he was. Though he had long hair but it suited him very well. 

"You're welcome." He smiled a little. "Can I know your name?" 

Nana bit her lips and seemed hesitated. "Nana." She shook his big, strong hand. 

"Nana. Beautiful name." He complimented. Nana smiled. "I'm Jin." 

Nana let go her hand. "Thank you, Jin."

Jin nodded and took a step back. "I hope we can meet again, Nana." 


>>>A.N

OH WOW! I GOT 62 SUBS AND 9 UPVOTES IN JUST 6 CHAPTERS?! THAT'S FAST! I'M SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW! THANK YOU <3

TADA!! As you have just read, Kai's attitude is changing slowly. I don't want to rush things, I just want to take everything slowly ^_^ Next chapter will be much shorter, I guess (I'm still writing it. I hope I can post it today :))

DON'T FORGET TO CHECK OUT ON MY STORY REQUEST SHOP ;D If you have an amazing plot on your mind but you have difficultites on writing it, just tell me ;) I'll try my best to develop it into a story ^___^

Thank you and enjoy~~