Changed

Unconditional Love

Changed

Kai's eyes were confused on the book which he had been reading for several minutes. His right hand held a knife and a carrot on the other hand. He moved a little to the side and began to chop the carrot carefully. It was his first time cooking, especially for a girl. He didn't know either why he did this but there was something about Nana that made him felt so attached with her. Truthfully he could actually pretend he was really cheating on her and dated another girl, he could also have the coolest girl in the school however he didn't do that. He wanted to change and to prove to her that he was, indeed, a better person than she thought. Maybe he was still unsure about his feeling right now and maybe he still didn't know what love was. The only thing he was surely about was his intention to change for her.

After done with the carrot, he read the cook book which he found in one of the kitchen's drawers. He just realized he forgot to cook the rice so he started to panicking. The instruction was just told him to cook the rice but he never knew how to cook the rice. Kai thought for a while and then took out his phone.

"D.O," He called. "I want to ask you, ummm, how… to cook, uh, a rice?" This was super awkward for him but he had no choice. D.O was the only one who could cook among his friends so he should know everything about cooking.

"Since when you cook?" D.O asked surprisingly.

Kai was speechless. He was too shy to tell the truth. "It… it doesn't matter." He stuttered. "Can you just tell me how to cook rice?"

D.O told him without questioning any further. Kai listened attentively to D.O's directions and after that, he hung up the phone. Kai did as what he had been told.

He had bought the ingredients yesterday night after made sure that Nana was sleeping and safe. It was quite difficult for him to find the things he needed since there were some ingredients he didn't know.

Kai decided to cook for Nana as his apology. He was also longing to be able to take care of her. Kai didn't want to imagine what would happen if he didn't visit her yesterday. His heart ached when Nana begged him to kill her.

 

After two hours trying to cook, Kai finally satisfied with what he saw in front of him. The taste was good enough for a beginner. He placed the food along with a glass of water in a tray. He brought it to Nana's room.

"Nana?"

Kai smiled as he saw Nana who was still sleeping peacefully. He put the tray on the desk and sat beside Nana's bed. Kai caressed gently her cheek and also studied Nana's features carefully. It made him smiling again to realize how beautiful she was.

He remembered yesterday night when Nana spoke on her sleep. She called her grandmother and also her parents with a low yet painful voice. Kai couldn't sleep well but he didn't mind at all as long as he stayed beside her.

"Good morning." Kai greeted as Nana slowly opened her eyes. Nana stared blankly at the ceiling.

Nana was a bit surprised to find Kai in her room. She slightly remembered about what happened yesterday.

"Do you want to take a bath or… do you want to eat first? I have prepared some food for you." Kai pointed to the tray.

Nana sat down and looked at the food. Kai took it and put it on his lap.

"This is my first time cooking so… I'm sorry if the taste is awful."

Nana just stared at it. She had lost her appetite. She was in a state of depression where all she wanted to do was lock herself in a room with no one else in there.

"You have to eat, Nana." Kai suggested. "You need to be healthy, at least."

Silence.

Kai took a spoonful of the food and directed it to Nana's mouth which shut closely.

"Please? You can't do this to yourself. I don't want to see you getting more thinner..." Kai paused. "I don't want to lose you too, Nana."

Nana's face didn't show any changes but she was slowly opening and ate the food. Kai smiled blissfully. He was glad that Nana didn't shut him out.

 

"You look horrible, Nana." Jin jokingly said as he saw Nana who sat on the couch.

Nana smiled slightly. Somehow she felt warm and comfortable when Jin came in. Then he sat beside her. Kai, who sat on the other side of Nana, glared at him.

"Have you eaten your lunch?"

Nana nodded.

After succeeding making her breakfast, Kai tried again to cook for their lunch. However, it took longer than before and in the end, Nana helped him. She hadn't say a word that day though Kai sometimes tried to have a conversation with her. She just answered with a nod or silence.

"Kai made it." Nana spoke. It was more like a whisper.

Jin seemed surprised. He gave a sarcastic laugh. "Kai? Him? Cook?" He scoffed. "Thank God, he didn't burn your house down."

Nana chuckled silently while Kai just rolled his eyes, ignoring him.

"How do you know each other?" Nana asked.

Jin and Kai exchanged a look for a moment.

"We met before… somewhere." Kai answered.

"Kai," Jin called. "We need to talk."

Both Kai and Jin stood up. Nana looked at both of them with furrowed eyes.

"We'll be back." Jin gave Nana a smile.

 

"Contact her." Jin said. "Tell her to meet you tomorrow."

"Why me?"

Jin looked at him in disbelief. "She trusts you more. So just tell her and don't mention my name."

"Don't stay here for too long."

Jin raised a brow. "Why?"

"I need to talk to Nana about what happened in the party."

"Now? Are you being serious? Can't you just wait until she's better?" Jin doubted.

"Mind your own business, Jin." Kai turned around to enter the house.

"There you go again. The selfish Kai." Jin mocked and entered the house right away.

 

"What were you talking about?" Nana asked curiously.

"Boys' stuff." Jin sat down again. "Do you want something? Are you hungry?"

Nana smiled weakly and shook her head. Jin was always the caring one, he would be actually the perfect boyfriend for Nana. She didn't have to worry about anything since Jin would always take a good care of her.

"I need to go somewhere now." Jin informed.

"But you will come back, right?"

Jin smiled. "Of course." He patted Nana's head.

Kai just stood near the front door. Jin walked pass him without looking at him.

 

"Nana." Kai nervously called.

Nana didn't give any respond. She was too focused cleaning up her grandmother's room.

"Nana?" Kai called again and approached her. "Can we talk?"


>>>A.N

IT'S KAI! Congrats to those of you who guessed correctly ^__^ HEHEHE... There's a big change on Kai's attitude towards Nana in this chapter. On the next chapter, Kai will explain everyting to Nana and the troublemaker will be revealed. So stay tuned ;D

Thank you for subscribing, voting and commenting :) It's almost 200 subs and I'm so happy right now! Welcome to the new readers!! 

Maybe if I have already got 200 subs, I will post the first chapter of my new story --> Love and Defiance