Invitation

Unconditional Love

 

Invitation

"How was your date, Nana?" Jin asked curiously. 

Nana put her hands inside her pocket and kept her head down. Jin visited her ten minutes ago and they decided to take a walk around the neighborhood. 

"It was great." Nana simply answered. 

"Just great? How about your relationship with him? Did you finally break up with him?" Jin turned to Nana who still looked at the ground while they were walking. 

"Well..." Nana hesitated. "He didn't want to break up with me. He said he didn't want to lose me, something like that." 

Jin furrowed his brows. "And what did you say?" 

"I still love him so..." Nana didn't continue. 

Jin knew what would be the continuation. Of course Nana wouldn't break up with him if she still loved him. "Nana, as a guy myself, I want to tell that you shouldn't trust guys too much, especially a guy who likes to play around with random girls. Once a playboy, always a playboy." 

Nana shrugged. "I keep that in mind." Nana was scared that Kai would make her hurt again, she wasn't so sure with her decision on keeping the relationship with him. 

Jin looked at her wrist and saw a bracelet on it. "How is your grandmother, by the way?" Jin changed the topic. 

"She's fine but she's getting weaker." Nana smiled. She was a bit happy when Jin asked about her grandmother's condition. It meant that he concerned about her. 

Jin smiled back and nodded. "Good then. If you need something, don't be afraid to tell me, ok? Oh! Can I have your number?" Jin took his phone out. 

Nana told him her number.

"Thanks." Jin's phone vibrated as he just received a new message. He read it quickly and put it back on his pocket. "I have to go." Jin informed. "Let's go back to your house." 

Jin parted with Nana as soon as they arrived in front of her house again. 

 

"Are you serious this time, Kai?" D.O asked Kai who sat in front of him with his drink on his hand. 

Kai shrugged. "I don't know. I just don't want to lose her. She's precious." 

"Just don't do anything stupid." Suho told him. 

"Hey." 

All of them turned their head to where the sound came from. 

"Jin." Suho greeted politely. 

Jin sat on an empty chair and ordered a drink. They became mute and pretended to be busy. The club wasn't full of people like during nighttime. It was still in the afternoon but there were few people coming in. 

"You guys are so popular among the girls. Do you know that?" Jin asked with a mysterious smile. 

"Really? I just knew that!" Tao replied innocently. 

Jin nodded. "Yeah, especially you, Kai." Jin looked at Kai who seemed not interested at all. 

Kai looked up and stared at Jin. The expression on Jin's face couldn't be read. It was so indescribable whether he was up to something or just trying to have a conversation with them. 

"I don't know that." Kai replied monotonously. 

"Let me guess." Jin said with excitement. "I bet a popular guy like you have a girlfriend, right?" 

All eyes were on Kai now. Kris gave a small kick under the table. Kai knew what to do. Lie. 

Kai snorted quietly. "I don't have one." 

Jin raised his brows and nodded. "Oh." Jin spoke. "I thought you have one." 

Kai shook his head. "How about you? Do you have one? You seem attractive too." 

Jin smirked and leaned back to his chair. "I don't have...yet." 

"Yet? So you have someone special then?" Sehun spoke. 

Jin shrugged as a reply, leaving them in curiosity. Jin took a glance at Kai who looked uncomfortable. He was aware that Kris was watching his action cautiously.

"Ah! I almost forgot something." Jin exclaimed. The seven of them turned to him. "I invite you all to my brother's birthday party in my villa. I'll tell you the address later." 

All of them seemed surprised. They never thought Jin would reveal about his family to them because usually he was so secretive about everything. 

"You are coming right?" Jin looked at each of them and then stopped at Kai. 

"Sure. Why not?" Kris spoke while the other just nodded. 

 

 

Kai waited for Nana in front of his car. Nana was still inside the school building. Throughout the day, Kai tried his best to be a good boyfriend to her although he still had his cold side towards her. Kai even tried to have a little chat with her, which made everyone puzzled. They were still awkward with each other. 

Tara warned about Kai also, like what Jin did. Nana just nodded to her sayings. She wasn't the naïve girl anymore, she knew what kind of boy Kai was. 

Nana came out from the building with Tara and his boyfriend. After they separated, Nana headed to the path of her house. 

"Nana!" Kai approached her. 

Nana turned to him. "Yes?" 

Kai rubbed the back of his neck. "Where are you going?" 

"Home. Why?" Nana tilted her head. "Do you need something, Kai?" 

"Let me take you home." Kai said with a low voice. 

Nana blinked a few times. Nana of course wanted him to take her home but she didn't want him to do that because he felt it was a necessity. She wanted him to do that because he was sincere and willing to take her home. "You don't have to do that." 

Kai shook his head and held her hand. "You are my girlfriend, Nana." Kai told her. "I won't let my girlfriend go home by herself." 

Without waiting for her answer, Kai dragged her to his car. After getting in to his car, Nana wondered about something. 

How many girls had seated in here?

"Ummm..." Kai tried to speak while driving. "Do your parents know that you have a boyfriend? I want to ask for permission. I know it's kinda late but I just want to ask them to be your boyfriend." 

"They know but I don't think you can ask for their permission." Nana explained. 

Kai turned to her and then back to the street. "Why? Where are they?" 

Nana smiled weakly. "They are in a place where you can't reach them." 

Kai furrowed his brows. "What do you mean?" 

"They're not here anymore, Kai." Nana said. "They're in heaven now. If you want to ask for their permission, you can just pray." Nana chuckled bitterly. 

Kai didn't laugh at all. He just stayed quiet. "I'm sorry." 

"It's ok." Nana turned to him and smiled. 

Kai could see her smile. "So who is the old lady in hour house then? Is she your grandmother?" 

"How do you know that?" Nana looked at him. Nana just realized that Kai knew her address but as far as she remembered, she never gave it to him. "And by the way, how can you know my address?" 

Kai laughed shortly. "I knew it since you were sick last time, Nana." 

"Oh! So you were the guy who bought the porridge and the fruits?" Nana just remembered. 

Kai smiled shyly. Kai's eyes then looked at the rearview of his car and he seemed anxious about something.

Nana gave him a big smile. "Thanks." She didn't expect it would be him. 

"You haven't answered my question." 

"Ah! Yes, I live with my grandmother." Nana answered. 

 

"Should I go to your house tonight?" Nana asked nervously.

"You don't have to if you don't want. But tell me if you want, I'll pick you up." Kai said. 

Nana bit her lips. "How can I tell you?" 

Kai didn't understand for a minute but then he realized he didn't have her number yet. "What's your number?" 

 

After finishing her shift, Nana looked at the clock. 

I guess I still had time to go to his house. 

Nana wanted to cook for him again because there must be someone who looked after him. Nana took a bus to his house. 

"Nana?" Kai called her from upstairs. 

Nana had the extra key of his house so she could enter whenever she wanted. 

Kai came downstairs and looked annoyed. "Why didn't you text me if you are coming? I don't want you to go alone anywhere." 

Nana just stood there with her innocent face. "I forgot. I'm sorry." 

"It's ok. Don't do that again." 

Nana nodded and went straight to the kitchen. Kai followed her from the back. 

"You're not going anywhere?" Nana asked while preparing the ingredients. 

Kai shook his head and sat on the dining table. He was watching her walking from side to side. "No." 

"Why?" 

Kai struggled. "Uh, because you're coming so I want to stay at home." 

Nana smiled secretly. Then, her phone rang from her pocket. Nana took it out and saw a new message. 

 

From: Unknown

Hi :) 

I just want to ask if you can come this Friday to my brother's birthday party?

-Jin


>>>A.N

This chapter really tells you how Kai changes his attitude slowly. Although he is being a good boyfriend now, Nana still feels insecure and not sure about him. Oh! Jin knows that Kai is lying to him. 

I really love you guys for commenting and subscribing and upvoting! <3 <3 I appreciate that A LOT! and I almost got 100 subs º__º I can't wait! I hope this story will have many subs and upvotes! :) 

I will try to update more often, ok ? ;) See you in the next chapter...

Enjoy~~~