Epilogue

Unconditional Love

Kai's POV

I stand straight with my hands on the sides. I look around and there are many pairs of eyes — some are looking at me with a smile, some looking behind at the closed door, and some looking around the hall. I tiptoe to relax my tense muscles. I look up and take a deep breath. My eyes gaze at the closed door in front of me. People start talking with each other in low voices. It makes my bones stiffer and I can feel my cold sweat drips. 

I watch my mom, sitting down in the front line. My mom sobs without a hint of stopping. She wipes her tears carefully so her make up doesn't lure out. I look at one man who sits in the second row. He gives me a nod and I nod him back.

"Turn around." Kyungsoo whispered to me. I follow his order.

I took another deep breath and let it out. This is it.

One millisecond later, I hear the sound of opening door and people start standing up. Then, it is followed by the harmonical sound of a wedding song. It's soft, sweet and romantic. I can hear people whispering the word beautiful.

I'm not supposed to turn around first but I can't hold it anymore. I want to see her. I want to see my bride, my Nana. I turn around slowly and there she is.

Nana is walking down the aile with her gorgeous face and white gown. She looks nervous yet stunning. I can't take my eyes off her. She's the most beautiful female in my eyes. She walks gracefully with my dad beside her. She clungs her hand tightly to him while the other hand holds a boquet of colorful flowers. I can see my dad whispers something to her which makes her smile. I love her smile.

Tara, her bridesmaid, is walking in front of her with her peach-colored gown. She holds a boquet of flower. Tara is accompanied by two young girls in front of her. Two of them are holding a basket full of petals and their job is too spread the petals while walking towards the aile.

People's eyes are now focusing on Nana who is coming closer and closer. I hold my breath for a moment.

"Don't fail this time." Kyungsoo, my best man, whispered softly. He then moved to the side.

I have been memorizing my vow for months and during the practise, I kept on making small mistakes. I will try my best not to make a mistake.

I move forward and reach out my hand to Nana. She hugs my dad before finally placing her hand on top of mine. I hold her cold hand and bring her in front of the priest. She is nervous and so am I. 

Our eyes meet. "You look breath-takingly beautiful." I lean to her.

She doesn't turn around instead, she just shows her smile.

The wedding ceremony begins. I don't really listen to what the priest says. My head tries to remember the vow which I specially made. It is a vow that I won't break, a vow that shows my true love for her and only her.

"I, Kim Jong In, take you, Im Nana, to be my partner in life, the mother of my children and my one and only wife. I will cherish our union and love you more each day than I did the day before. I promise to tell how beautiful you are every day. I will trust you, comfort you, protect you, laugh with you, and cry with you. Your happiness will be my happiness and your pain will be my pain too. I promise to love you faithfully and unconditionally through good and bad times and respect you, regardless the obstacles we might face. I, Kim Jong In, give you my heart, my life, my soul and my love from today until death do us apart." I let out a relief breath. I did it!

The priest says something before Nana says her vows.  

"I, Im Nana, take you, Kim Jong In, to be my husband and my true love. I promise you to keep on loving you and never run away again. I will support you and trust you in every matter. I will always love you unconditionally and sincerely, no matter how bad the situation is." Nana lowered her head for a while. I can see her tears flowing down slowly on her face but she manages to lift up her head again.

"Don't cry." I mouth her. She nods and smiles. Her vow is simple but very meaningful to me.

Tara walked towards us and handed the rings – our ring. I slide the ring to her slender ring finger. It perfectly fits her. Nana takes the ring and she slides it to my ring finger. I can feel her cold fingers on my hand. She really is nervous.

"I pronounce you husband and wife." The priest says. "You may kiss the bride."

I smirk and pulled her gently. She looks a bit scared. I lift her chin up and plant a soft kiss on her lips. The guests cheer and clap their hands.

"I love you." I whisper.

"I love you too."

I remember the day when she left me. I couldn't think straight, I felt empty and broken. Day by day, I tried to fix what was broken but I couldn't. I felt helpless and hopeless. It wasn't until when Kyungsoo told me that I need to fight for her. He advised me to run after her. It took him a while to convince me and change my mind.

In the end, I ran after her. I watched her from afar for about a month before I confronted her. She pretended to be happy when she wasn't at all. She was so surprised to see me and tried to avoid me. I begged and pleaded her every day.

Jin helped me too but sometimes he was hard to persuade. He helped me to convince her although I knew he liked her as much as I did.

Nana finally gave me a chance and I used it wisely. There was a huge turning point of my life there. I learnt how to love, how to care and how to give in. I have change to be a better man.

Two years later, she officially became my fiancé and now, she is officially and legaly my wife.

 

Several years later...

"I'm fine, Kai."

Nana, who is lying down on the bed, tries to ensure me. "Stop worrying."

Heck that! "Tell me how to not worry when my pregnant wife is going to give a birth for the first time and has been in fifteen ing hours labor!" I get so anxious and worry to the fullest. How can I not be worried about her? She constantly tells the doctor and the nurses that she's in a great pain.

I move my hand and caressed her belly. "Baby, come out fast, ok? Mommy is in pain and you don't want to see mommy in pain, right? Come out now so Daddy can finally hold you."

Nana gives me a what-the- look. She glares at me for a moment.

"What?"

"Nothing." Nana looks away with a weak smile. She closes her eyes and pursed her lips. The pain comes back. She looks as pale as snow. Her hands clutched at the bed sheet under her.

I start to panic and call the doctor.

"Mr. Kim, it is better for you to wait outside." A nurse tells me.

"No! I want to be with her." I say. I hold Nana's hand.

"Kai, go." Nana orders.

Hell to the no I will leave my wife alone! "No!" I insist. The nurse then tells me to put on the blue hospital clothing. I keep hearing Nana’s scream which makes me shivered and worried.

Nana tightens the grip as she cries in pain.

The nurses are moving around to prepare for her labor. The doctor stands by and gives her some instructions. “Take a deep breath, Mrs. Kim.”

Nana follows the order. She takes a really deep breath and tries to push the baby out. Nana squeezes my hand and I'm sure my bones crack. Nana repeats the process over and over again.

“You can do this, Nana.” I whisper to her. This is crazy. I can only hear my wife’s scream. I shouldn't be here. It's a great experience to see the actual labor...but scary.

“You’re doing good, Mrs. Kim.” The doctor praises her.

The next thing I know, a baby's cry fills up the room. Nana's face is full of sweat. She rests her head on the pillow beneath her and cries silently. She lets go my hand, finally! My hand feels numb but I don't care. I move to look at the baby – my baby, my son.

The nurse cleans the baby gently with a towel. He is so small and weak. I can't describe my own feeling right now. It's more than just happy. I'm thrilled for joy!

"Congratulations, Mr. Kim." The nurse hands me my little son.

He is really small! I hold him protectively. He is sleeping peacefully right now.

For the longest time, I let out tears. To be able to hold my child – my own flesh – for the first time is the best thing happens in my life. I bring the baby to Nana who is now feeling tired. Nana still has the energy to reach out her hands. I place the baby carefully on her hands.

Nana gazes at her son with so much love and desire. She kisses his forehead and brings him closer.

"Thank you, Nana. Thank you for giving birth to him." I say and lean in to kiss both her and the baby.

Nana smiles blissfully.

"I love you and the baby." I add.

"Our baby."

"Yes." I smile. "Our baby." 


>>>A.N

OMG! I can't believe this is the end o__o ! This is the special epilogue for you because I wrote it in Kai's POV. I wrote very little about how they get back together because I think all that matter is they get married and have a son. HEHEHE! 

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING THIS FANFIC! I'm sorry if there are still many grammatical and spelling errors :( But I hope you enjoy reading this. You can read my other stories too if you're interested :) :) Again, THANK YOU SO SO MUCH GUYS! ^_^ 

xoxoxo