Reason

Unconditional Love

Reason

Nana traced her fingers into the photo of her and Kai from the other day. She looked at it with sad eyes, she really missed those moments and mostly she missed Kai. Despite what he had done to her, Nana still couldn't erase her feeling towards him; as if it was glued to her heart. 
Whenever she was alone, she wondered where Kai was and what he was doing. Nana wanted to give him a chance to explain, but not now. She wasn't ready yet to hear his explanations which might hurt her more. 
"Hey."
Nana lifted her head up and swiftly put the photo back to her purse. 
"I'm sorry about your grandmother." Sanghyun said as he entered the room. "I brought some food for you." 
Nana stood up and took the food from him. "Thank you." She put it on the table below the TV. 
"How's she?" Sanghyun turned to Nana's grandmother. 
Nana shrugged and shook her head. The doctor checked the elder's condition everyday but it didn't show any good sign of healing. The body got weaker each day. 
Sanghyun nodded and didn't say a word. Nana sat down beside the bed and gazed at the window. Saturday morning always had the most warm and refreshing sun in the week. Nana should be out there, doing all her daily routine, but it all had changed now. 
"Did Jin tell you about this?" Nana looked at him who just stood still. 
"Yeah. He was so worried about you." Sanghyun replied. "He didn't want you to be left alone so I decided to come." 
"Where is he?" Nana asked. Jin left her before she even woke up and he didn't leave a note or anything, he just...left. 
"Don't worry about him." Sanghyun told her. "He has work to be finished.  I'm sure he'll be here before the sunset." 
Nana nodded as a reply. Then Nana told him about what happened. She mentioned the note too but she forgot where she put it. Sanghyun listened to her attentively. 
"Are you and Kai still together?" Sanghyun switched the topic. 
Nana shook her head. "We broke up already." 
"Oh." Sanghyun quickly replied. "I'm sorry about that." Although he knew about the affair thing, still he didn't know what happened next between their relationship since Jin refused to tell him. 
"It's ok. We're not meant to be together." 
"Nana? Sorry I'm la- " 
Nana and Sanghyun turned to the girl who just came in. 
"Sanghyun?" 
Sanghyun smiled awkwardly and stood up. "Hi, Tara." 
Tara came closer with confused look. "What are you doing in here? So you know about this also?" 
"Visitting her." Sanghyun said. "Someone told me about this so yeah, I know." 
Tara's mouth made an 'O' shape. "Right! I just remembered you're Jin's brother." 
"I am." Sanghyun and Tara exchanged a long stare with each other while Nana just watched her friends. 
"Ok. You two can stop starring at each other like that. It creeps me out." Nana interrupted. Nana remembered back then when Sanghyun and Tara dated each other, they were the sweetest and most romantic couple in the school. They were so happy yet so young. Nana always wished someday she experienced that kind of relationship too. But she was a big dreamer. 
 
 
Jin watched the woman carefully as she entered his warehouse with some of her bodyguards. The woman casually walked in until she met Jin. She stopped few meters away from Jin. Both of them looked at each other for a while. 
"So..." The woman shifted her eyes around the room. It was a very big room with a high ceiling. "It has been a while since the last time I went here and nothing has changed." 
Jin stood still. The woman looked at him again. "Did your brother tell my message?" 
Jin glared at her. "What's your problem with her?"
"I hate her." The woman simply answered without any emotion. 
Jin raised a brow. "That's it?" He snorted and laughed dryly. "You want to make her suffer so badly just because you hate her? You're illogical." 
The woman looked annoyed. "I spent most of my junior high school years being compared to her. I was so sick of it - of her. She steals everything that suppose to be mine." She took a breath. "Your brother is one example and Kai is another. I even spent lots of money just to be better than her, still...it isn't enough." 
"You already got what you want right? You almost killed her grandmother and you made her break up with Kai. Aren't that enough?" Jin pointed out. 
"I'm not satisfied yet. You are the other example, Jin." She pointed out. "You know I hate her from the beginning yet you approached her and fall in love with her." 
Jin remembered when she told him about Nana. How much she hated Nana and wished her die. It was months before he accidentaly encountered with Nana. When Jin met Nana, he never thought she was that 'Nana'. "I encountered her and she's way so much better than you described." 
The woman rolled her eyes. 
"You were the one who tricked Kai at the party, right?" Jin questioned her. She just stayed silent. "Don't cover up. I know it's you. If Kai knows this, I will not stop him to kill you." 
"Before he could kill me, I'll kill Nana first." She gazed at him with her deceitful eyes. 
"Over my dead body." Jin challenged her. "Like I've said to you, hurt her one more time, I'll make sure you will wake up in the underworld." Jin took out a piece of paper from his pocket and showed it to the woman in front of her. "Your threat doesn't scare me a bit." Jin threw the paper to the ground.
Without saying any further, the woman turned around with annoyed face and left the warehouse. Jin sighed in desperate as she went out then he turned to one of his men. 
"Follow her." 
 
"JIN!" Kai slammed the door and entered Jin's warehouse. It was dark already, there were only two lamps which lightened up the big room. "Jin! Come out!" Kai shouted again. 
Jin came in to the room from the other side. He looked so calm as if he had been expecting Kai to come. Sanghyun had told him that Kai knew his warehouse address so Jin thought that he would come someday. 
"Stay away from her." Kai commanded. 
"I will not leave her, not now or later. Why are you so stubborn?" Jin furrowed his brows and put his both hands on the pockets. 
"I care for her and if she needs someone to replace me in her heart, it can't be you." Kai stated. "She's too good for you..." 
"And you too." Jin interrupted. "You can't choose whom she wants to be with. It's not your decision. She can be with whoever she wants." 
Silence. Kai couldn't find words to reply him. 
"I see." Jin started again. "You care for her, not love. You try to keep her and her love for you because you want to be loved but not to love her." 
"I..." 
"You don't want to lose her because you know she loves you sincerely and unconditionally. So, you can use it for your own good." Jin continued. 
"What? No!" Kai replied. He wanted to deny what Jin had said but both of their phones rang together. 
Kai and Jin answered the call and seemed so shocked. 
"I'll be there in a minute." Jin replied with his serious tone. 
"Ok. I will go now." Kai answered.
The boys looked at each other for a while before they both went out from the house. 

>>>A.N 

Surprise! Ok, soooooo.. Despite this cold and freezing weather out here, I'm still trying to find free wi fi and update this. Please try to understand if there are some grammar and spelling errors. I don't bring my laptop so I can't edit it properly *bow*. This is probably the only chapter I can update for the following days. 

Thank you for waiting <3 and your opinions. I'm still considering whether Nana should end up with Kai or Jin :D 

'She' has told the reason why she wants Nana to suffer. It's ridiculous and irrational, like Sanghyun had said before, but you don't know what people will do if they hate a person so so so much, right? Ah! It will be explained more about the past of all of them in the next few chapters, stay tuned ;) 

Christmas is coming very soon! Enjoy your holiday and smile :) 

Xoxo