Goodbye

Unconditional Love

Goodbye

"Nana? Are you sick or something? You don't talk much. Is there something wrong?"

Nana shook her head. "No, I'm fine." She put a fake smile.

Kai looked at her, worried. He didn't know if it was only his feeling or what but lately Nana seemed trying to avoid him. She rejected either his offers or his helps. Nana was always being quiet whenever they were together. It made him confused.

"Nana." Kai put his hands on top of hers. "You know you can always talk to me right? I've changed, can't you see?" He tried to persuade her to talk but as much as he tried, it was useless. Nana won't talk to him.

"I know." Nana replied. I'm sorry, Kai.

Nana's decision was final. She had to go through a long argument with Jin before she finally made her decision. Nana insisted her willing to come along with him whereas Jin insisted her to think about it again. "You love him, right? Then fight for your love. Going to another country doesn't mean solving everything, Nana." Nana wished Jin would just agree with her this once.

"What are you thinking, Nana? You seem so preoccupied."

"Hu? Oh, no... It was nothing. I just remembered I still have to go to somewhere else after this." Nana quickly explained and ate the last bite of her food.

"Where? I'll drop you off."

Nana shook. "No need. I'm going to Jin's place."

Kai raised his brows then furrowed them. "Jin?"

"Hm." Nana hummed.

"Why? I mean, what's your business with him?" Kai sounded like a jealous boyfriend.

"I just want to talk to him about something." Nana told him without any thoughts.

"At his house? Are you insane? Can't you talk to him in a café or a public place? No. I'm not letting you go there, especially when you're alone." Kai pulled his hands and crossed them in front of his chest. He was so displeased with it.

"Why can't I? I was alone with him before and I'm still in one piece without any scar." Nana said. "What's wrong with him? He's a good guy and also a gentleman."

Kai gazed at her. Just hearing her compliments about him made him lost his appetite. "The answer is still no."

"What? Why?!" Nana almost shouted at him. She wasn't trying to make him jealous, she really had something to talk with him and it was important. "So you abandon me to talk with my friend? You are not my boyfriend, Kai. I gave a chance but that doesn't mean you are my boyfriend all of a sudden."

Kai could felt his blood boiled and ready to explode. She got the point though. "Fine. Whatever." Kai looked away. "Go and talk with him as long as you want. I don't care. Date him if you want."

Nana couldn't believe of what he just said. Now she was more than angry. Her eyes got teary a little and her heart beat faster. Nana stood up and glared at him with so much furious. "You are being ridiculous, Kim Jongin. I hope you know what you have just said." Nana grabbed her back. "I like him. He's so much better than you."

 

 

"No!"

"Don't start, Jin. I know what I want and I want you to take me with you."

"You don't know what you are doing, Nana. You don't want to go. You belong here." Jin assured Nana.

The house was nearly empty. There were only boxes and suitcases around the house.

"I want to go." Nana emphasized. "Please, Jin. I really want to go." Nana begged with teary eyes.

Jin knew what was the story behind it. "Nana..." He hated seeing her crying. It made him sad and painful as well.

"Please. I don't want to be here. I don't want to be with him. It's too...painful being with him." Nana broke into tears.

Jin stood still for a while before he pulled Nana into his embrace.

Damn, Nana!

Jin sighed. "I'm asking you for the last time. Are you sure you want to go? You can still change your mind."

Nana nodded between her sobs.

"Ok. We'll go in two days. Pack your belongings. Shall I tell Kai or Tara about this?"

"N-no. Don't. I want to tell him by myself."

 

 

Kai punched the wall for the fifth times.

Why was I so stupid?! Kai, you are a moron! Stupid mouth! What if she really dates him? Kim Jongin, you are the most stupid person!

Kai cursed himself in every language. He was too drifted by his emotion and jealousy. He even didn't realize what he was saying until she left the restaurant.

He sat down on the bed and ruffled his hair.

What am I supposed to do now?

The ringing of his phone blurred out his thought. Nana's name was seen on the screen.

"Nana? Look, I'm truly sorry of what I was saying just now. I was a fool and I didn't mean it that way. I was just so jealous when you told me that you were going to Jin's house. I know I'm not your boyfriend yet but I just don't want to...."

"Kai." Nana interrupted.

"Sorry."

"I have something to tell you, tomorrow. Meet me at the usual place, 8 o'clock."

"Oh, ok."

Nana hung up.

Kai had a bad feeling about this.

 

 

Nana had packed all the things she needed after her serious talk with Tara. She was so angry about Nana's decision of going away but luckily, Nana could persuade Tara with every reason. Tara cried the night and wished Nana a good luck.

"All done?" Tara's voice was so weak and low. "I can't believe you're really going to leave me."

Nana smiled weakly. "Me too but... This is the best thing I can do right now. Please understand me."

Tara hugged Nana and let out her tears again. "Good luck, Nana. You have been a really good friend and family to me. I love you."

Nana cried along with her. "I love you too, sister."

 

 

"Nana!" Kai called Nana who was staring at the clear sky. He noticed her sad expression right away. "Were you just crying?"

Nana shook. "Sit." She tapped on the empty seat beside her and Kai sat down.

She didn't talk for several minutes. Am I really going to leave him? Am I strong enough to let him go? She battled with her own thoughts.

"What is it?" Kai spoke.

"I can't... I can't continue this – us, anymore." Nana looked down although Kai turned at her in shock. He looked as if he just had a heart attack. "It's too overwhelming and I can't hold it anymore. It's too painful and hurt... being with you." Nana continued. "I'm not the one for you, Kai. We're not meant to be together. You are just lost and you want a rebound of your feelings."

"No, please." Kai murmured. He breathed much faster. "Is it because of... Jin?"

"Kai..." Nana held her tears. "Please try to understand me. I know this is hard but you have to let go and move on."

"Please, Nana." Tears coming out slowly from the corner of his eyes. "I want you and I need you. Please, Nana. Don't do this."

Nana sighed. "You have changed and so have I. My feeling has changed too. I gave you a chance because I thought I still have the same feeling like last time but no, Kai. That feeling has gone away with my grandmother's soul. It's not you who I like now. It's Jin."

It felt like someone stabbed him with a really pointed knife slowly and continuously. His heart felt like it shattered into thousands pieces.

"No, no. Nana..."

"I'm leaving with him for good." Nana told and secretly wiped her tears.

"Nana, please. Don't go. I'll wait for you just please don't do this." "Thank you for everything and I wish you nothing but the very best."

Simply just like that, Nana left Kai cried. She felt relief but broken.

It's ok, Nana. It's ok.

She didn't know if this was the right path she was taking but there wasn't much she could choose. It was either being in here, living with worriedness or going out, living with a new start.

Goodbye, Kai.

 

 

"Jin." Kai sounded so desperate and weak. "Take care of her, will you?"

"I will." That surprised Jin. He thought Kai would curse him and go after him.

"She likes you, she confessed to me. I can't help but to let her go. As long as she's happy, I'm happy. She is a very humble and the most kindhearted girl who will love you without asking for a return. Make her the happiest girl on this planet, Jin. Make her happy."

The line was then cut.

Jin knew it was a lie that Nana liked him. Nana only saw him as a brother, nothing less, nothing more. She loved Kai and that was obvious.

 

"Nana? Let's go."

Nana looked at the view for the longest time. It was a sunny day and it was too bright to cry as she had cried for too long last night.

Kai... I know I can't say this out loud but I will pray for you everyday. I wish you find your right girl and have a happy family with her. I won't forget you. Never.

You are my first love and you always be in my heart. I love you.

"Let's go." Nana dragged her luggage to the gate.

 

Kai stared blankly at the ceiling of his room.

Korean Airlines. Gate 7. 7.15am.

Jin told him their flight and Kai was supposed to be there, at least, but no.

Here he was, lying down on his bed, trying to get his mind back from all this desperation and frustration.

Nana. I hope you are happy with him. I cherish every moment with you. I'm sorry for everything; for the pain that I gave you. I'm sorry.

I love you, so much and it now because I'm too late to say it.

Goodbye, Nana.


>>>A.N

TADA! I think this is the last chapter, I don't know really. Because the next chapter will be the epilogue. Don't be mad at me right now, ok? Just wait for the epilogue ;) HEHEHE...

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING THIS STORY (ALL OF YOU)! I APPRECIATE AND HAPPY WITH ALL YOUR LOVELY COMMENTS! :) I'M SO GLAD YOU CAN ENJOY READING MY STORY DESPITE ALL MY MISTAKES WITH MY ENGLISH! <3 <3 <3 i DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY ANYMORE BUT I JUST WANT TO SAY THANK YOU SO SO MUCH! LOVE YOU ALL! 

XOXOXOXO

 

MY OTHER STORIES:

SEHUN [COMPLETE]

LUHAN [ONE SHOT] [COMPLETE]

SUHO [ON GOING]

KRIS [ON GOING]

SEHUN 2 [NEW]